20469 N Hayden Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85255Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://tavernamericana.com/
- Phone: 4805026740
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday : 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Wednesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm- 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Patrick Fegan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have two rooms that accommodate up to 50 people with A.V. access in both of them. Private dining menus are available for your next business meeting, rehearsal dinner, Christmas party or family gathering!
- Private Party Contact: Daniel Shoup 6024995364
A word from Tavern Americana
Early in 2010 two former colleagues, Tom Kelly and Brian Pierce, whom both had left the world of luxury hotels, decided they wanted to create a place where they could get great, yet simple food, recognizable wine and delicious craft beer in the Grayhawk area. They dreamed up an urban tavern, serving American fare with regional influences. This was also a dream of the culinary partner, Patrick Fegan, who has an arsenal of recipes that were too good to keep “locked” up. Together the partners have a combined 70+ years in the restaurant / hospitality industry (WoW, they’re old) and are excited about the future.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tavern Americana reviews from OpenTable diners
- Way too noisy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TigerDined on 6/21/2013We have never been trhere before. We enjoyed the food, our server was great and the wine was priced reasonable but it was so noisy it was difficult to talk. It is the loudest restaurant I have wever been to. I would never return unless something was done to substantialy lower the noise level.
- SERVICE WAS EXCELLENTMANDYKDined on 6/20/2013DELICIOUS MEAL...PRESENTATION OUTSTANDING.......CERTAINLY A GREAT NEW NEIGHBORHOOD SPOT....Special Features:
- New waitress was a bit inconsistentmillerVIPDined on 5/22/2013New waitress was a bit inconsistent but her backup was very good. Food was excellent and worth the visit. A bit noisy when we got there since the doors were down but was much quieter after a few of the families left and there were less people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Tasty Tasty!DissapointedDined on 5/18/2013A Restaurant Week excellent find. Great cocktails and the food was amazing in taste & presentation. Looking forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super cute place! Go on WednesdayOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/8/2013Super cute place! Go on Wednesday for nosh night. $25 for a salad, bottle of wine, and pizza. Awesome deal and delicious!Special Features:
- Marginal at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/3/2013Service was slow, but courteous. Food was good. Manager seemed not to care about the customers as much as talking with his staff.
- We have been to Tavern AmericanakateVIPDined on 4/20/2013We have been to Tavern Americana multiple times. The food is always delicious and the service is reliably friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Had an excellent 3 pig pizzaLATGDined on 3/30/2013Had an excellent 3 pig pizza and goat cheese salad. Food was very fresh and well presented. My only complaint would be that the staff hovered even though the place was not busy. Three times they came to remove a plate I was still eating!Special Features:
- Noisy!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/30/2013Great food but beware when it is busy - you can't have a conversation!
- food was very good. serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2013food was very good. service poor. waiter took our order then we never saw him again. i ordered a green monster hamberger. which was delicious, but I had to ask for Ketsup & mustard 5 times. everone was half way done by the time I finally got it.Special Features:
- Everything was excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/23/2013Everything was excellent! Pizza was great. Our family had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Tasty well-priced meals.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/22/2013Tasty well-priced meals. The pork loin was deliciious. Both guys ate the pulled pork sandwiches which they loved. We would highly recommend!Special Features:
- The food at Tavern AmericanakateVIPDined on 3/8/2013The food at Tavern Americana is consistently excellent and the waitstaff is always friendly and efficient. We really love dining here and are glad to see that business seems to be picking up.Special Features:
- Waitress was not well informedJmr220Dined on 2/8/2013Waitress was not well informed on the menu and didn't know how to explain the specials.. VERY loud and hard to talk to each other. FOOD is great!!Special Features:
- Great Food and Ambience.JGLovestodineDined on 2/2/2013The food was really good, but the service was just so so.Special Features:
- Good place for families.AZDinerVIPDined on 1/24/2013Good place for families. Unfortunately, the food was very bland tasting -- maybe it was meant for a youth's taste. Our server was great.Special Features:
- The service was very attentivesteady28Dined on 1/19/2013The service was very attentive and the food delivery was timely. The wine list offered a broad selection that satisfied our needs. The menu selection was adequate and our overall experience will make coming back any easy decision.Special Features:
- Good food, good service; dependabl,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/14/2013Good food, good service; dependabl, comfortable experience,Special Features:
- Nice beer selectionrsm500VIPDined on 1/5/2013Food was good overall. The kitchen was a little slow on a busy Saturday evening. Our waiter updated the status of our food frequently and removed one item from our bill when it arrived very late. Nice beer selection with a several rotating taps beyond their regular options.
- Great food, prices, needs decorLiz59VIPDined on 12/26/2012My husband, son, daughter and I were visiting the Scottsdale area and dined here the night after Christmas. The place was packed. I had the pumpkin soup and the filet of salmon, which were both excellent. My daughter had the Classic Pizza which she said was also very good. My son had the roasted chicken which looked delicious and my son said it was. My husband had the pork tenderloin, which he said was a bit dry. My daughter also had the soft cookie dessert baked in a skillet and topped with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup. It was terrific and chocolatey. The service was friendly and attentive. The only thing I say really needs improvement is the decor. The walls are too bare and clinical - except for the televisions.Special Features:
- First timersJPBEVIPDined on 12/22/2012This was our first visit and we were very pleased --the service was good and the food delish. We started with the humus, which we all loved. It was served with wonderful fresh pita. The pulled pork sandwich was large and meaty and very flavorful without being too spicy. We also had a pizza and the chicken, both of which pleased the guys. The place is casual, is open to the outside, which will be great when the nights warm up, and the prices were fair. We will definitely will look forward to returning, and introducing it to friends.
- Consistently well-parparedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/15/2012Consistently well-parpared dishes with value pricing for sure. Friendly, attentive service from a well-trained staffSpecial Features:
- A great addition to the diningOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/8/2012A great addition to the dining scene at Grayhawk. Dependable, well prepared comfort food complemented by attentive service with a smile.Special Features:
- GreAt place...theY need toHANDMGVIPDined on 12/7/2012GreAt place...theY need to close the garage doors...it was chilly even sitting inside.Special Features:
- This just opened and we wereOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/29/2012This just opened and we were pleasantly surprised at the great service and well-prepared food. Very comfortable surroundings and inviting We will frequent this restaurant again!Special Features:
- NiceraceloverVIPDined on 11/9/2012might try again in a few months. Think they need to work out some kinks in the kitchen. Mac and cheese was soupy, it tasted good but would have been better as a dip. Very noisy but nice atmosphere. Was surprised that, having recently opened, none of the staff came by to ask us about our experience.
- Very casual, but unexpectedlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2012Very casual, but unexpectedly good food. Interesting flavors and combinations. Salads, sandwiches, and limited, but very delicious entrees.Special Features: