245 Fourth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tavern245.com/
- Phone: 4122814345x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm -10:00pm (Bar open until 2am)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer full catering to all of Downtown Pittsburgh.
- Private Party Facilities: We can rent out any of our floors for you private event. We have a rooftop deck, a full dining room with full bar, as well as our first floor lounge. All of which can be rented for private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Joe Cristofaro 4122814345x
- Entertainment: We have 8 big screen TV's and a roof top deck.
A word from Tavern 245
Tavern 245 is a full service restaurant located on 4th Ave in Downtown Pittsburgh. On our first floor you will find our smoking lounges with a full service bar in an intimate setting. Our second floor is where you find our full size dining room, along with a chef’s table, and a full service bar. The third floor features are roof top deck which is one of the largest in Pittsburgh. There is plenty of seating along with a full service bar, lounge, and big screen TV’s. We take great pride in using quality ingredients, along with consistency. We make everything in house from scratch. Whether it's to enjoy lunch, unwind after a long day in the lounge with colleagues over locally crafted beers or to enjoy an evening dinner with friends and family.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Tavern 245 - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Tavern 245 reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (13)good for groups (8)great for outdoor dining (8)neighborhood gem (4)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)fit for foodies (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great burgers.. Great for lunch!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2014Burgers were outstanding!! This is a great place to go for lunch with coworkers and enjoy the rooftop deck on a beautiful Pittsburgh day. We had awesome service and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual, comfortable...MeliZDined on 9/5/2014The upstairs dining area is small but has a comfortable & casual atmosphere. Our waiter was very nice and made sure we had everything we needed. The chicken cordon-bleu sandwich was good; the pretzel roll on which it was served was fantastic. The buffalo chicken dip was also great... I'm sure I'll be back to try more things!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good bar food - hopping happy hourPickymuchDined on 7/30/2014It is a bar. No doubt. Loud and boozy. The food is good and not just from the freezer. Mozzarella sticks appeared to be made on site. Burger was greasy and overlooked but tasted ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- zacco24Dined on 7/26/2014Food and service were very good. Were headed to a show and ordered promptly, were served in a timely manner and headed to the show with time to spare.Special Features:
- Unique rooftop bar/dining downtownTJP900Dined on 7/25/2014We went for an early dinner during the busy happy hour time on a Friday. They do not take reservations for the rooftop deck, but were very accommodating and got us an outdoor table within 10 minutes, while we waited in the main bar area. They carry a nice selection of interesting beers, both draft and bottled. Dinner was good - we recommend their burgers and fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly ImpressedDRO64Dined on 7/25/2014I saw the restaurant from the window of another nearby eatery and always thought I wanted to try them. Then they had a fire, so I had to put it off. Well a few weeks ago I decided to meet a friend there for lunch and we both loved it. The food was excellent, the server was friendly and well-informed, and we were able to get in and out in a reasonable (lunch hour) period of time. My friend was so impressed, she went there 2 or 3 more times with others, and then we just recently went again. (Recent knee surgery kept me from being able to climb the steps for awhile.) Now I'll have to see if I can entice some family members to come into the city for a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was good, food not so muchRG1Q84VIPDined on 7/25/2014The service here was good, quick and efficient without being at the table too much. The food was sub-par at best. Very greasy and not much variety to choose from. And essay too expensive for the quality. Probably won't return for anything but happy hour drinksSpecial Features:
- Very Enjoyable!ElljayPghDined on 7/22/2014Met a friend for lunch and had a really nice time. Salads were great and staff was super friendly and attentive. Service was so quick that we had time after lunch to go for a walk before heading back to work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Burgers!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/21/2014Sat on the roof area and it was a great spot for a nice night. I ordered a burger with a pretzel bun on the specials and it was delicious!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger and FriesNYFoodieVIPDined on 6/27/2014This is a burger joint only. The salad was terrible and the crab cake was fishy. Along with bad food the service was slightly better than terrible. Don't bother eating here
- dining experienceAlisha32Dined on 6/7/2014My dining experience at tavern245 was so so. There was only one waiting/bar tending staff serving two floors on a Saturday evening. She was over whelmed.the menu selection sucked. Also we ordered loaded nachos as a appetizer. They didn't come loaded and there was a hair directly on top of the food. The waiting staff was friendly, apologized and tried her best to make the situation better. We ultimately decided to leave and dine elsewhere. I may or may not give Tavern 245 another try.Special Features:
- The following 4 reviews are from the Tavern 245 reviews archive.
- Was ok, wouldn't go backfunInBeachwoodDined on 5/31/2014The food at Tavern 245 was ok, but it wasn't great. We sat on the rooftop, which was nice, but the chairs weren't too comfortable. The waitress was a little rude, which possibly was because she was the only one working for the entire rooftop. Again it was ok, but I probably won't go back to the restaurant.
- Love it HereBurghGrlVIPDined on 5/17/2014Tavern 245 has always been one of my favorite restaurants in downtown, Pittsburgh. The upstairs area (and the rooftop when open) is casual yet refined. The waitress/bartender that we had during our last visit and that I have had in the past is very friendly and accomodating. And, the food, while a bar menu to some degree, is actually quite good. This is the perfect place to go and hang out with friends on the weekend or the perfect spot after work with friends/colleagues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTLRJDined on 5/17/2014The online description does not match reality. The first floor "lounge" was what I would call a dive bar. When opening the door to enter, you are immediately hit with the smell of cigarette smoke and the smell continues as you ascend the stairs to the restaurant floor. There were very few people in the place and we still had to wait for service. Might be ok for a quick happy hour but it's small and not at all appealing for Saturday night dining.
- Decent food, fair service at best.LaurenDined on 5/7/2014The restaurant was dead when we arrived, so we opted to sit on the roof where one other party already was. Despite having reservations, the rooftop bartender/waitress/hostess seemed put out to serve us. The blue cheese loaded chips were amazing and unfortunately the highlight of the entire meal. The rest of the food was "ok" at best, certainly not worth the hefty price tag. The atmosphere on the roof was pretty bare/boring, except for 2 TVs showing the hockey game and a moderately stocked bar. I had been eager to try this restaurant for the past 2 years, but I must say I was underwhelmed by the experience. While I won't say I will avoid this establishment in the future, I certainly will not be seeking it out.Special Features: