318 Roosevelt Avenue
Seymour, CT 06483Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://tavern1757.com/
- Phone: 2035165461
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 4:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian, Global, International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Tavern 1757
Tavern 1757 is a Food Forward Family Friendly Italian Country Restaurant with Global Influences. Featuring Private Dining Rooms that Accommodate 10 to 75 Guests. Our Wine Cellar features a Chef’s Table for an Intimate Dining Experience for Parties of 10 to 20 Guests. We offer a Wine List with Recognizable Wines that are Reasonably Priced from Around the World.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tavern 1757 reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance1Noise LevelEnergetic
great for brunch (1)Show More
- Sorry...It is CLOSED!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014Closed!!! Has been for several months now!!! How can you write a review on a Restaurant that is closed? When it was open, it was very good. They had good food & good service.Special Features:
- The place is closedEBRONCDined on 5/29/2014This restaurant let us book our reservation online...sent us a confirmation email a few days before...and when we drove out to the restaurant to celebrate our 3rd Anniversary, there were signs on the door that said it had closed. It said that they would only be open for private parties. Well...They will never get my business or anyone I know. I think it's pretty poor that they didn't let anyone know they were closed and allowed me to make my reservation, etc. Ruined our night.
- Restaurant is closedPK2014Dined on 5/22/2014Out of Business and still taking Open Table Reservations ! Bad !
- What restaurant?DavstevVIPDined on 5/20/2014I made a reservation for lunch, drive 45 minutes, and found a closed restaurant! I called and the voicemail stated they were only serving large parties that are previously booked! I had an Amazon Local voucher, which Amazon kindly refunded, but it was really annoying. Glad it wasn't a special dinner that was ruined. Don't even bother unless you want to sit in an empty parking lot
- Restaurant ClosedFoodie22Dined on 4/27/2014I made a reservation a few weeks ago to meet some friends for Sunday brunch. When we arrived there were signs posted on the door that the restaurant was closed for business. Please update Open Table so folks know you are only available for special events.
- serious issueOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/16/2014I had made a reservation for a good sized party in April. The day before, I received a call from the owner on his cell phone, where he said the restaurant is no longer open for ala carte dining. He said they were now only available for private events, but didn't give me a reason. Very strange.
- CLOSED!!!ctnewyorkerDined on 4/12/2014This restaurant is closed for individual dining! It has apparently become an establishment exclusively for catering. Open Table should at least verify that a venue is open for business before taking reservations!
- Friday Night FiascoHungryDinersDined on 4/11/2014Booked reservations for last Friday night. The place was very pleasant looking - so far so good. Although not very crowded, we were shown to the worst seat in the house -- right near the kitchen door, aisle, and 3 other tables within inches apart. We asked to change and were given a much better seat (why couldn't have that been done first?) The bread basket (and the replace basket asked for) were both stale. Service was HORRENDOUS to say the least. To place our order and get our drinks took 45 minutes. The appetizer was good and came fairly quickly. After waiting another 90 minutes for our meal, asking about it whenever our waiter or anyone briefly appeared, we finally left without our dinner every showing up & ate omelets home.
- Not open for businessReviewer1757Dined on 4/9/2014Restaurant was closed, despite taking my reservation and with no warning on their website. I wasted the 30 minute drive each way.
- Disappointedlove2dineoutDined on 4/9/2014We were entertaining out of town guests and drove quite a distance to get to this restaurant. When we got to the restaurant it was closed "until further notice". There was no call from the restaurant or anyone to tell us not to come. We will not go to this restaurant even if it does reopen.
- Perfect night outAliZDined on 4/4/2014This was my very first time coming to this restaurant. They have a wonderful unique menu which changes all the time. They shouldn't call themselves "itialian" because the food is such a blend of different cultures. The lamb rack was exquisite, big enough for a dinner for me after having an appetizer. As a beer snob, I was surprised to see that they had a wide range of beer, including a nitro stout, which is hard to find. Their prices are also very reasonable for the amount of food given. Its a great place to eat some, drink some, and spend the night out. The ambiance is welcoming and the server that I had was knowledgeable about the food and knew the menu well enough to answer any questions I had. Went on Friday, no res neededSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tavern delitepapasmurfDined on 3/28/2014positives: Great food, excellent service. Not so good: very smoky inside, came out reeking of smoke from fireplace I assume. Had doors open when we left. Opportunity: Only had one tea, Lipton. Should have broad selection, including green tea, chai, etc. Small wine list but huge beer on tap selection.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShayshayDined on 3/25/2014Outside entrance was impressive. Loved the bar- think it would be great on a Friday, Saturday night. Inside was very nice, rustic. The waitress was lovely, friendly and available for any questions - bravo! It was hard to choose from the menu. We chose something safe - which was good (Hanger Steak) and the appetizer was good as well - safe. But I did not see too many things familiar or appealing. I like fish but the two being offered were not listed as to the type of fish i.e., fish & chips and I think the other was bbq fish. I don't think I would come back for dinner unless the menu changed. For the price, Hanger steak should have been bumped up to a better cut of meat.Special Features:
- just curiousbudkudzmaDined on 3/21/2014Went there with an open mind and found the flavors of the food very appealing but the quantities left little to be desired, also a bit pricey, but not so bad as to stay away. Would go back again because of the flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for my friends birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/19/2014Went for my friends birthday ... was a Wed night so quite in restaurant but all three of us loved our meals..from salads to main entree to dessert .. not a huge menu but some nice choices & little different flare. They have wood fired pizza for a staple food. Service great & very friendly. Beautiful inside with all reclaimed wood....would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2014Overall a good experience but a couple dishes were duds. Beef stew was just small bits of beef in gray and a veal chop was submerged in liquid (the pasts and brocolli rage were nice). Service was excellent as were the small plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badRAD1Dined on 3/8/2014We got seated by the bar, I will say my fault for not asking to be moved. It was early 630pm so the waiter was energetic (if not a touch annoying to be honest). We had the pasta carbonara and the pasta bolegnese. Both I would say very nice albeit a bit pricey. At this point the place started jumping and the service went down hill, they took a long time to get us a second drink and clear our plates and allow us to order a dessert. THe dessert was the French Toast , not too good at all. Tasted like french toast I make for my kid on Sunday with a bit of chocolate cream in it..bland. All in all before tips, 3 drinks, 2 apps, 2 entree and a dessert $97 , not awful. I wish the service was a bit more crispshould be for this area. GOOD not Great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A refreshing surprisePartnersDinnerDined on 3/2/2014Going in, we were concerned with the prior reviews regarding service. Ours turned out to be very good, as Nicole was very attentive. The food was unique and delicious, and presentation was very good as well. The lamb ravioli portion was quite small for the cost.Special Features:
- Interesting menuGumbyDined on 2/16/2014Interesting and varied menu choices. Salads (Pear & Arugula and Beet) were excellent. Execution of the entrees (Truffle Risotto and Rabbit with Polenta) was not as well as could be expected for the price. The wine list was good, with a variety of price points. The room was attractive. Service was attentive without being intrusive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs helpChadskiDined on 2/14/2014I had to chop my review: Valentine’s Day dinner event - The restaurant itself was unprepared for this event. Parking was a terrible and myself and my date fell on the way in due to the unsafe conditions. The dining room is open and you can forget about any conversations as all patrons will overhear everything you say. The décor itself is chintzy – especially the faux bricks painted on the wall and other things. It's easy to overlook, though, . The food at Tavern 1757 was good, but overpriced. Service was very rushed (understandable on Valentine’s Day), but at other times we were forgotten. This is something that I can overlook due to the event. I do plan on attending the restaurant again. I would like to go during a non-event time.Special Features:
- Missed the markMissedthemarkDined on 2/14/2014Tried this restaurant out for valentines day and did not have a good experience. It took 30 minutes to order a drink at our table. While the first few courses were good but could have been better, the final dinner was not pleasant. Upon receiving it, it had a horrible stench. It was supposed to be porcini risotto but there four tiny mushrooms on a huge plate of risotto. We hardly ate the meal and no one asked us what was wrong. For the amount money I paid, I felt we should have had a much better meal.Special Features:
- Valentines DayYummmmmmmDined on 2/14/2014The special menu for valentines day interested us and we were amazed at the quality and flavor of the food. Very well done! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMadaleneDined on 2/14/2014The portions were extremely small for the cost. Three oysters, 3 tiny ravioli, a very small TarTar, the fish portion was a reasonable size if I ate fish. It was a "Carnivore menu" for Valentines Day, however the main course was the "catch of the day" and I don't eat fish. I asked if they could substitute the fish for something else and I was told No, that the chef only made what was needed for the reservations. I have never heard of a no substitution policy in any restaurant. I would not recommend this restaurant.
- very pleasant dining experienceesands6Dined on 2/8/2014There was a refined and relaxed feel here. Our server was very knowlegable, and friendly. The menu was diverse enough, without being along read. we tried the calamari and crab cakes for appitizers, and found them well prepared. The fish and chips were light and tasty, and the duck was a taste treat. The wine list is impressive and diverse; and we found the right pairings for our meal. Overall a very nice choice for our night out.Special Features:
- overall the food was verypeterbDined on 2/7/2014overall the food was very good, the wait staff knowledgeable and friendly...jus a little noisy...I would recommend this place to any friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDavidDined on 2/1/2014The setting, food, wine, and service were all excellent.Special Features:
- The new hot spotBobbyGDined on 2/1/2014A great place to dine. The staff is wright on top of things. Always someone at the table to asking if they can help. The food was prepared just as we asked. The drinks well "Great' This should be on your top 10 list.Special Features:
- Specials...TonyKDined on 1/31/2014Me and my girlfriend went there on Friday 1-31-14 for her birthday and were pretty unsatisfied when it came to the food. Her pasta portion was pretty small and my special 18oz 50$ steak dinner was about 6-8oz of inedible fat! Lucky for me we had gift cards and I wasn't paying for the meal or I would of said something about it. Nice restaurant, waitress was great but I wouldn't spend my own money on it to go there again.Special Features:
- Great food, great atmospheregooseDined on 1/31/2014We found that the food was delicious and the drinks were wonderful. Although the service was a bit on the slow side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice - new - different - coolCarmineDined on 1/11/2014I would go back - cool little bar - modern/rustic look with RE-Purposed barn beams. Very clean very cool buildingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night outlmsnycVIPDined on 1/11/2014Very enjoyable dinner made even better because of Nicole waiting on us. Her service and knowledge of the menu and restaurant was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerBobMDined on 1/10/2014Meet a colleague for dinner on a Friday night, not knowing how busy they would be I secured a seating through "Open Table" which I was happy I did since the restaurant filled up fairly quickly. We inquired about the wine cellar and another server showed up immediately at out table to invite us downstairs for a tour. The cellar was nicely built out with ample room for quite a few bottles of wine and patrons as well. A must see! Back to dinner. We decided to get the Fig appetizer, which was incredible along with an order of the calamari which was cooked to perfection. For entres we went with the Bourbon Chop and Hanger Steak both entres arrived hot and cooked perfectly nothing was overdone and the wine reccomendations paired nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerFritz2001Dined on 1/7/2014we had an excellent dinner; the staff is courteous, friendly, knowledgable and very helpful. the specials were presented. if we had any questions they did not hesitate to answer. dinner was very tasteful and presented well. I had lobster ravioli and husband had pork chops with greens and potatoes; we both liked mine better. the pork chop was very tender and juicy. the ravioli was homemade and excellent. I would definitely recommend going there; I made my reservation online with open table and got in (of course it was a Tuesday night at 5:45) enjoy your mealSpecial Features:
- Classy restaurant and cuisineloriluDined on 1/6/2014A beautifully designed restaurant catering to both casual and sophisticated diners. Local to the area I witnessed the detailed renovation of a historic home into what is now a top notch restaurant. In its early stages of their opening I struggled with the inconsistency of the food preparation and lack of communication between the waitstaff and kitchen....to be expected with any new restaurant. The owner has clearly worked out the kinks and created a gem. The chef prepared our meal perfectly...the most tender duck I have ever been served...the waitstaff very accommodating. In such a remote area, I do not have many choices for creative cuisine and I am thrilled that Tavern 1757 is in my backyard. I look forward to my next meal there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a way to ring in the new year!CTFoodieDined on 12/31/2013We went there on New Years Eve with my sister and brother-in-law. We had a blast. First of all, you can bring your own wine for a $20 cork fee, which is not bad. Second, the food was great! Everyone really enjoyed it. The short ribs were amazing, as was the risotto. We started with a mushroom pizza and the arincini balls and they were both outstanding. The service was very good. The manager and hostess were very nice. The waiter let our desserts sit a little bit longer than we would have liked, but that is just a minor criticism. He described every dish in great detail. It made our mouths water. For an area where lots of restaurants are very basic and plain, this is really a gem. Great ambiance. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most accommodatingBStrangeDined on 12/27/2013We brought small appetites that day, but we were completely satisfied with the selections, the attention we received, and the overall mood of the place. We will certainly return!Special Features:
- PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/23/2013Food and service were good, but expensive compared to area restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed feelingsFelnerfoodieDined on 12/20/2013I really wanted to love this restaurant. The decor was more than I had anticipated when we booked the reservations in hopes of finding a festive, cozy spot to celebrate the Christmas season with good friends. We were greeted warmly and seated immediately even though we were early for our reservation. Our Server was very attentive which at first was lovely but soon became a bit too much. I had the feeling that we were rushing through our meal with plates being picked up way before we were done eating. We had to ask several times to give us more time to look at the menu when ordering both dinner and dessert. That being said, the menu held many interesting choices and the food was delicious. I especially enjoyed the crispy brussel sprouts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimerchuckygourmetDined on 12/13/2013A terrific dinning experience! From "A Perfect Storm Martini" to the "Zuppa de-Fish Stew, our first dinning experience here was fantastic. Our Server, Nicole was DELIGHTFULL and Jay our Busser was Great. Looking forward to our next reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will give it another tryDinnerdateDined on 12/7/2013We have been 3 times since the new Chef has been hired. We enjoy the atmosphere that this place has to offer. Even had my 50th birthday party there. This third time was a disappointment. I ordered the Hanger steak medium rare and it was overcooked. The potatoes were burnt and the service was slow and sloppy. We were offered a drink before ordering and it took 20 mimutes to get the drinks before we were asked for our order. After dinner drinks were served and dessert order placed. We finished our coffee drinks with no dessert. We had to remind the waitress that we were still waiting on our dessert. This should not happen with an expensive restuarant like this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.