Tasty Thai & Sushi
350 King Street
Charleston, SC 29401Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
Tasty Thai & Sushi
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 8435778813x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Friday: 11:00am - 11:30pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Thai
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Tasty Thai & Sushi
Welcome to Tasty Thai and Sushi, located in Charleston, SC! You grade the heat, we'll bring the fire in our authentic Thai dishes! Not in the mood for spicy hot? Try cool and fresh with our made to order sushi!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tasty Thai & Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)hot spot (3)fit for foodies (2)special occasion (2)neighborhood gem (1)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Tasty for sureThailoverDined on 8/29/2014First time at this location in downtown Charleston, food was great. We had a new guy as our server ,David, he really was trying to do his best. Would highly recommend for a night out in downtown Charleston. Also the sushi was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushiabbysue4uDined on 8/1/2014Our waiter was excellent and the sushi was delicious!! Very filling portion sizes. We went with a large group of girls and we all loved everything we ate. The cucumber cocktail was by far our favorite.Special Features:
- The following 23 reviews are from the Tasty Thai & Sushi reviews archive.
- Big GroupLeitchDined on 3/29/2014We were able to make a reservation here to accomodate 12 people. The food was good and the service was a bit slow but understandable due to the large group and multiple orders. We enjoyed ourselves and were placed in an area pretty much all to ourselves so it was nice. I would reccomend others to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was concerned at first becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/15/2014I was concerned at first because I was expecting a Thai restaurant, not a Japanese restaurant. The sushi confused me at first. I should not have worried. The sushi was awesome and so was the pad see ew.Special Features:
- Tom Yum Soup - taste dominatedWlodekDined on 3/4/2014Tom Yum Soup - taste dominated by too much spice , just "hot" and bitter Thai sushi - no taste Overall - BAD CUISINE
- Specialty Rolls Good, But PriceygbnflDined on 2/22/2014I don't have any major complaints or compliments about this restaurant. The host was extremely welcoming & kind, he gave a great first impression. The waitress, mildly unattentive to our table but was friendly. The strangest thing about this restaurant, was I inquired if they had a specialty drink menu....they did, however our waitress said there was no bartender on duty to make them. Interesting. We enjoyed the food, however the specialty rolls were a little on the pricey side. We are locals, & this is one of the reasons we do not eat dowtown often. They seem to increase pricing due to it being one of the tourist districts. Because of this, it was good food but we can find the same quality sushi & a bartender in other parts of Charleston.Special Features:
- Had a great dinner, the kidsBrettDined on 2/17/2014Had a great dinner, the kids enjoyed it as well as parents. very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location, locationNYCSueVIPDined on 2/7/2014Good place to grab a bite before a concert or show at nearby theaters.Special Features:
- Great food, terrible waitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2014Restaurant wasn't very busy and it was just my wife and I but we waited over an hour for our sushi. The food was very good though. We got the pad prik and several sushi rolls. We'll go back but will ask about sushi wait times before ordering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CilantronokitchenDined on 1/11/2014A well-located favorite for good Thai food. The green onions are fresh, as is the cilantro, and there's plenty of it. Quiet enough in early evening, there's a lively bar business later.Special Features:
- Good food, ok serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/22/2013This restaurant is great for lunch or a casual dinner, and is a great downtown king street locale. I lOVE their curry noodle soup. Absolutely awesome. Sushi isn't too bad either. If say that everything, though very good, I could get in another Thai restaurant on the same level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FreshOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/30/2013I thought everthing tasted fresh and so did my date. Definitely one of the better asian fusion restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedSpankyDined on 11/8/2013I made a reservation as I knew they would be busy. Well they were totally booked when we arrived for lunch and the reservation meant nothing. Just added my name to the list of dinners waiting. My dish was mediocre but the service once we got seated was good.Special Features:
- 40$ for cupsSatisfiedCustomerDined on 8/24/2013When we ordered the Moscow Mule, the waitress asked that we give her $40 for the brass cups we were using. Now, I have heard that people have been stealing these wonderful cups all over the town, but when I am sitting down at a restaurant for dinner, I am not apt to get up halfway through the meal and walk out with a cup. In my humble opinion, this was akin to asking for the check before I eat in the event that I dined and dashed. Thanks for devaluing your customer.
- great scene and tasty foodLaCuilleredArgentDined on 7/20/2013The night was great and service was excellent. Being gluten-intolerant however, I was a little bummed that the pad Thai (which is naturally gluten free) didn't sit well in my stomach, a sign of mixed preparation, or use of soy sauce with wheat (which may be my fault for risking it). Though that's not to say it wasn't delicious. I got it with shrimp and it was good in general though over-cooked. Great dinner experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thai foodbmwdivaDined on 7/7/2013The food was really good. Waiter wasn't that friendly.. Overall will visit again! The stuffed shrimp was AMAZING!Special Features:
- Great sushiAaroninho13Dined on 7/3/2013This place has great sushi in Charleston. Reminds me of some sushi places from LA. Very tasty indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thai!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/30/2013I love the curry they serve here! Some of the best Thai food I've ever had!Special Features:
- not the bestCharlestonFoodiesDined on 6/28/2013The food was mediocre. I had pad won seen, the noodles were overcooked and mushy.I was hoping this restaurant would be an alternative to Basil Thai, as the menu options are similar, however it does not compare. The apps were good, the basil rolls were good, but that was it.
- Overall, FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2013I arranged a farewell dinner for my friend at Tasty Thai and made a right choice by doing so! The food was delicious; to name few of the dishes that we ordered, we had the Eggplant Basil, Pad Thai, and sushi. Our waitress - Asia - did a phenomenal job; she made sure that we were given what we needed. The noise level was not bad at all; we were able to hold our conversation with no distractions. Highly recommend Tasty Thai to anyone, especially for those who wants to arrange a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great meal--thank you forOpheliaVIPDined on 4/9/2013A great meal--thank you for great food, service and an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Pleasant place. Was busyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/3/2013Pleasant place. Was busy on the week night I visited. Service was attentive; but, capacity was a bit strained. Food was very good. Portion size was fine. Reasonable number of wines by the glass.
- We dropped in for a quickOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/1/2013We dropped in for a quick dinner prior to catching a tour. Advised our waitress that we were in a hurry and she was very accommodating. Drinks were brought out quickly and food was not far behind. Thai dishes and sushi were excellent. Service was excellent. Will definitely return on next visit.
- I give the sushi 3 out oftravoDined on 2/23/2013I give the sushi 3 out of 5. Great location however.Special Features:
- We read an earlier reviewThe3CsDined on 12/28/2012We read an earlier review that praised the crab wontons, and we want to second that opinion. All the dishes we had at lunch were quite nice, the restaurant was quiet and not very crowded in early afternoon. Our server was knowledgeable about the menu.Special Features: