Tastings Wine Bar and Bistro
201 Patriot Place
Foxboro, MA 02035Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tastings Wine Bar and Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tastingswinebarandbistro.com/
- Phone: 5082039463x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday through Thursday: 5pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Saiff
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have two options for private functions. Our private wine room seats up to 12 people. The room is surrounded by hundreds of bottles of wine and a wall of wine barrels. It is perfect for an intimate private party, meeting, or special event. Our heated outdoor patio seats up to 35, and has spectacular views of the icon New England Patriot's Gillette Stadium. Additionally, we are able to do whole restaurant functions of up to 103.
- Private Party Contact: Cassandra Bader 5082039463x
- Entertainment: Live entertainment will be featured on select nights. Check out our website for up-to-date listings.
A word from Tastings Wine Bar and Bistro
Tastings Wine Bar & Bistro is a destination for fresh, creatively inspired American "haute farm" cuisine and fine wine from around the globe. Tastings goal is to bring you the very best globally inspired dishes utilizing local farm-fresh ingredients in a relaxing, casually upscale environment. Executive Jonathan Saiff's cuisine will bring exciting new taste sensations to your palate. Ben's hallmark is the use of only the absolute freshest ingredients that are sourced from local farms and the waters of New England. The wine list covers the globe, and enables you to experience the best in flavor combinations. Introduce yourself to wines you've never heard of and some you may already love. Glass wines, flights, signature cocktails, single malt scotches, liqueurs, and a selection of fine beers round out a great experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tastings Wine Bar and Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (4)great for outdoor dining (3)special occasion (3)fit for foodies (2)good for groups (1)neighborhood gem (1)scenic view (1)romantic (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great date night!KecLubbeDined on 6/14/2014The food was wonderful and unique without being intimidating. It was perfect for our special occasion! I love the wine tasting options. The waitress made a great suggestion on a flight. The only tweak was that the lighting was so bright for a nice dinner setting. Next time I'm dying to try the food and wine paired meal! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Atmosphere but quite expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014We went there for my birthday this past weekend. I had gone there previously with a friend before a Pat's game so I knew the quality of the food would be good. We started with an appetizer of calamari, which both myself and my wife love. It was good but an extremely small portion. We both got the ribs, which was out of our comfort zone. Again, the food was good but the portion size was quite small. Plus, the ribs my wife got were a bit fatty as well. The waitress never stopped over to see how we were doing. The bill came out to almost $70 and that was without drinks or desserts. Thankfully we had a $25 Restaurant.com gift certificate. Overall...the quality of the food is excellent but the portion sizes are small.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/7/2014Very good wine list, with many wines available by the glass. Outside seating was great, especially with the great weather on the night we dined. Food is good, but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing againJonathanVIPDined on 6/7/2014We tried the place for the second time, and found the same problems. This place has the worst service of any restaurant at Patriot Place, and it is maddening. My wife and I arrived and ordered our drinks and dinner right away. Our drinks arrived about ten minutes later and our dinner arrived a whopping 53 minutes after we ordered. All that we ordered was the cheese plate and a risotto dish, and that was it. The food was fine, but nothing great and the limited menu is a bit of an annoyance, but some thing that one could live with. Too bad because I like the wine list and setting. We simply will not return again.
- Great Option in Patriot PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/3/2014If you're looking for more upscale or a better wine list at Patriot's Place, might be right option. Better priced than Davio's and not a cheesy local bar scene. Very surprised how affordable the wine list was- most bottles were only marginally marked up vs. 2-3x most restaurants charge. New menu was good- though service was a little slow for a slow night.Special Features:
- The following 621 reviews are from the Tastings Wine Bar and Bistro reviews archive.
- Doesn't live up to potentialTastingsDined on 5/31/2014Table was sticky and dirty, yet it was set with glasses and napkins. The server told us they forgot to wipe it. The cheese tasting was good, however we couldn't read the names written on the chalkboard and our server never told us what they were. The patty m let was ridiculously priced for the tiny size and lack of toppings. For a better burger, I should've went to Five Guys. We were seated next to the bathroom, and because the men's room is one stall, people stood next to our table waiting for the bathroom. This could be a great place, but the poor service and overpriced food ruin it. I should've known better...it was a Saturday night of a concert and the place was half empty. I predict this restaurant won't last very long.
- Unique PlaceAlanDined on 5/23/2014This restaurant is surprisingly small. The only thing smaller would be the menu. Do not come here if you are really hungry and expecting large portions. Do come here if you are looking for something very different and unique. Choose a wine flight to try out several different wines. The prices are incredibly reasonable for the flights. Order a sampling of cheeses to go with that. Have some appetizers to go with your second wine flight but if you are in a group and hungry better order multiples of the apps. We were a group of five, two of us didn't order entrees, and the bill still turned out to be substantial. We did have a great experience and this restaurant is worth a visit.Special Features:
- Spend a lot leave hungryBell7723Dined on 5/23/2014Very pricy for tiny portions. I know it's the in thing but for the cost of a "large plate" I want to feel sated. On the plus side our waitress was incredible. Great cappuccino and dessert.Special Features:
- DissappointingnotgoodDined on 5/17/2014We had an 8pm dinner reservation on a Saturday night. Service was fantastic, our waitress was great and personable. The menu was small and they were out of three things. I ended up getting a $16 burger that was average tasting at best. Apps took a while to arrive and lacked any real flavor. Tried one of the red wine flutes that tasted like they had been opened three days earlier. We are pretty easy to please when it comes to eating out but this was not a good experience. Sorry, but not sure we would visit this place again.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014food was not good, it was very late, did not have what I wanted and they never bothered to apologize for taking an hour and a half to bring the food.
- DisappointingRubyVIPDined on 5/11/2014We have always enjoyed dining at Tastings. This visit was a disappointment. Not only was the menu drastically different from what was shown on the website, but several other things contributed to a less than spectacular evening. First, our server did not hear or forgot our appetizers. By the time we realized that, our dinners arrived. One diner's meal was the 1/2 chicken which was spectacular. Tasty and fresh. However, the two diners who ordered the bass were greeted with an oblong plate with only 1/4 of it containing any food. Small portion of sauteed spinach, some golden raisin compote and two tiny pieces of fish. That was it. The diner with the chicken couldn't finish their meal and the other two left hungry. Disappointing.Special Features:
- CiaoChowDined on 5/10/2014We really like Tastings. The various alcohol flights are great! The food is excellent and they make a point of using local, mostly eco friendly meat and produce. Can be a little variable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unimpressed.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/4/2014we were one of two parties in the place for dinner and service was incredibly slow. slow to get menus. slow to order. slow to get food. slow for the bill. we didn't tip well. also, the food was good but incredibly overpriced. portions were so small. will not go back ever, even with a certificate, which we had that night.
- Fresh and DeliciousMDL1Dined on 5/3/2014Well prepared, served, and boasting with flavor. Great mix of foods made with very fresh ingredients. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced, small portionsMarty144Dined on 5/3/2014The presentation was beautiful. The plate looked like a piece of art. The portion sizes were quite small. Given the high prices, this made the meal a very poor value.Special Features:
- Tastings was TastysomewhathungryDined on 4/26/2014We went here with another couple on a Saturday nite. Service was quick. Nice wine choices and other interesting drinks. The entrée menu is very limited, altho they have small plates that you could order 2 of for a dinner. They try to serve locally grown products. Portions are on the small side, this is not the place for people with huge appetites. Nice ambiance-small cozy feel. There is an outdoor patio but it was reserved for a private party. Patio would be a nice place for a big group to gather. Located in Patriots Place.Special Features:
- Just okay....DoubleDateDined on 4/25/2014Went for a double date. For a wine bar, the staff did not seem to know the menu/list. Wine flights were placed backwards. Ordered an appetizer and some of it was missing (jam). Waitress was pleasant but seemed inexperienced. Not a good value.... Don't mind spending $ but needs to have substance behind it. This felt like an overpriced "chain" restaurant..... Would not recommend it.....
- Will be going again!GrandmereDined on 4/12/2014The atmosphere was great, the food tasted wonderful, the win selection is superb, loved my wine trio. Our waitress was very attentive and very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Delicious!TheMCDined on 4/11/2014I have to say, the food at this restaurant was impressive! Nice presentation, good flavors, and a good selection of wine! Quiet atmosphere (it was a Friday night) and wonderful service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs more vegetarian optionsDMK1122VIPDined on 3/29/2014I checked out the menu before I made reservations and saw a few vegetarian options; however the online menu was different from the menu the night we dined. The one and only vegetarian main dish was pasta, which I was not interested in eating. The chef was kind enough to make something for me. I really like this place, but they definitely need more than one vegetarian main dish and the online menu should match the in-house menu. If you're a meat eater....you'll love this place. The service was very good, especially since it was a very busy Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A "Classy" Dinner and a MovieRandomlokiDined on 3/23/2014Here is my opening disclaimer- I brought my wife to this restaurant for her birthday using the "Dinner and a Movie" deal, which comes with a movie ticket, and a three course meal from a limited menu (Drinks are separate of course!) AT only $35 per person, it is a pretty good way to try out a new place. The wine menu was amazing, and as the name of the restaurant would imply, there were a number of tasting selections (3 two ounce pours of various wines to try). The food was delicious, and interesting... but a tad salty. My wife and I each ordered different courses so we could try as much as possible, and ultimately it felt like they poured on the fat and salt to flavor... but with other very interesting flavors. Worth a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive...jackmDined on 3/21/2014We have come here several times in the past and have not written a negative review. Tonight we went again and we were underwhelmed. Our meals were sparse, uninspired and expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey PortionsFriends4dinnerDined on 3/15/2014Our experience was a very good one. The food is excellent. The service was attentive. The flights of wine are fun, but on the pricey side, as are their flights of liquor. But, where else do you get to taste a variety without committing to a whole bottle? The food, although good, comes in very petite portions. A party of four had to order two apps, and pricey ones at that. Otherwise, a very nice experience and would recommend if you're out looking for a higher caliber plate than your usual dinner fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out. Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014Great night out. Food was good. Nice selection of wine. Had a nice table ready for us to accommodate wheelchair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first visit andJimiBDined on 3/15/2014This was our first visit and we enjoyed the experience very much.Special Features:
- Well Versed ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014This is our third time at Tastings - and we always receive very consistent service. The wait staff really engages with customers and knows the menus/wine/etc. through and through. They are very skilled at making recommendations whether it be for the meal or wine and can tell you specific things about each menu item (where beef is from, etc). The food is always excellent. The new menu lacks a little of the "eclectic" feel that the old menu had - but the comfort food selections were nice. We shared the calamari appetizer and a selection of 3 cheeses - both were wonderful. The entrees and dessert also delicious. The pricing is fair - and I believe we racked up most of our bill on the wine. I would prefer slightly larger portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The tables are way too closedisappointedDined on 3/8/2014The tables are way too close together. There is zero privacy. The menu offerings looked great however by 6:30pm on a Saturday night they ran out of BOTH steak options. One of the specialties is the short ribs which my dining mate ordered and they were so dry he could hardly eat them. I got the chicken and asked to substitute the vegetable and our waitress reacted like I asked her to give me a million dollars. She was a bit of a know it all and made us feel like we were lucky to be dining in this restaurant. My $12 cosmo that I was assured was made with fresh lime juice, tasted like fruit punch...I sent it back. There are plenty of great restaurants in the area but this isn't one of them!! Will never go back and will tell friends the same.
- Taverna at Patriot PlaceJacquesVIPDined on 3/1/2014Nice surprise to have good food, cozy atmosphere in, literally, the shadow of Gillette Stadium. Nice dinner experience with friends. Cheese and wine flights a plus.Special Features:
- Loud small spaceNantzSDined on 2/22/2014Great concept! nice idea local food from local farms....sizable wine list tiny tiny space slow slow waitstaff lots of room for improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food cooked to orderPaulDined on 2/22/2014Enjoyable meal. Service good, not rushed. Food served hot and freshly cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wastings Whine BarkspadegalVIPDined on 2/22/2014"Utterly disappointing." It was a comedy of errors right from the get go. We made a reservation on a Fri then learned they had a tasting menu so called to inquire about that for Sat and were told we were all set. A couple hrs before the reservation, the hostess called and was incredibly rude. She snapped that they didn't have the tasting on Sat and needed 48 (emphasis) hrs notice. We went anyway. We got there 5 min early and waited 20, even though there were 3 empty tables. We got the worst table, which wobbled terribly. The waitress was charming though. The cheese plate was good, the salad abysmal, chicken boring, server displaced food, didn't explain anything, nor fill our waters. The exceptional food was the filet and foie gras.
- Checked it out for lunchInNOLAtoEatDined on 2/22/2014Our server was fantastic! Our food was okay, it often tasted underseasoned. The pulled pork sandwich needed more seasoning and sauce. The toasted brioche it was served with was heavily buttered. The bottom piece of bread was so soggy you couldn't pick up the sandwich. The fries and the bone marrow and ranch popcorn were our favorite items. The cocktails were delicious. It is a nice space with an extensive wine list. Would like to go back and try some other items.Special Features:
- I always find this restaurantTaz17VIPDined on 2/19/2014I always find this restaurant to be a delight. I can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprizingly quiet for a veryMarkDined on 2/14/2014Surprizingly quiet for a very pleasnat Valentine's diinner. Perfect portion sizes, not so large you leave uncomforatble and enough that feels like a value. Very pleasant wait staff. Bar appeared full, but very peaceful. We loved it. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy V-DayMattDined on 2/14/2014Went to Tastings for Valentines Day. My fiancé and I enjoyed everything we ordered. The food is fantastic! The wine flights are a great way to try a few different types. Martinis here brought mixed reviews. Servers were helpful and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumCellis89Dined on 2/14/2014Very delicious food. Love the cheese plates and great wine list. Only thing is I wish there were more vegetarian entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find!dbffromtheburbsDined on 2/14/2014Nice find for a last minute Valentine's Day dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can get pricey real fast butOutstandingVIPDined on 2/6/2014Can get pricey real fast but the food is more than worth it. outstanding food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very enjoyable eveningPegster66Dined on 1/25/2014My husband and I visited Tastings on a Saturday night. Our server was lovely and very knowledgeable about the wine and all of the offerings. I enjoyed my wine flight to France although the third offering was much too floral for me. They replaced the glass with one of the other offerings which I thought was very nice. It would be a fun place to gather with the ladies for a wine flight and some of their delicious cheese pairings. My husband had the braised short rib and I had the striped bass. Everything is sourced locally and both dishes were delicious if not a little small. I like to be offered a salad or side with my $28 fish, I guess that is just the 99% in me :) Nice evening overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced. Good wine flights.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/24/2014Overpriced. Good wine flights. Woudn't recommend chickpea pancake