465 Railroad Ave
North Augusta, SC 29841Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://eatattaste.com/
- Phone: 8033419881
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Saturday, 11:00am - 3:00pm. Dinner: Wednesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm & Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am.
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: David McCluskey
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please call to schedule a consultation with our Executive Chef, David McCluskey. We can handle a fully catered event or simply provide for an open bar.
- Entertainment: TASTE provides live entertainment on select Thursday evenings in the spring and summer, weather permitting. We have music outside on the patio from 7:30 - 9:00 and inside from 9:15 - Until.
- Special Events: Masters Golf Hospitality Host Property (all meals, transportation/shuttle/pickup & drop-off location, etc.), including packages incorporating housing and tournament credentials, if so desired.
Social gatherings, office parties, business meetings & the like. Evening drop-in's available by private reservations during normal business hours between 5:30 - 7:00 each day.
- Cross Street: Lake Avenue
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking is predominant in our neighborhood setting but we also have a private lot set aside for additional parking requirements. We also have a very accommodating staff. If we're experiencing difficult weather conditions please call ahead and we'll make every attempt to have someone available to greet you at the front entrance and valet your car for you.
A word from TASTE
Trendy tapas bar situated in the Hammond's Ferry community along the Savannah River in North Augusta, SC. TASTE offers-up Tapas, Housemade Artisan Pizzas, Larger Share Plates, 'Class of Augusta' Entrees, Chef-inspired Specials, Scratch Cocktails, Import & Craft Beers & an Extensive 115 Bottle Wine Listing. We also have an impressive Bourbon and Scotch offering. We source fresh, local, healthy, farm-to-table products. Quaint, elegant, metropolitan, inclusive & always inviting. If you would like a patio table, please include that in your reservation notes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
TASTE reviews from OpenTable diners
- Interesting OfferingRichDined on 11/20/2013Very wide and interesting selection on menu but expensive, not an everyday or frequent restaurant choice due to expense. Service was very good with friendly and knowledgeable wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!TandGTwinzMomVIPDined on 10/30/2013Taste is located in a charming historic neighborhood. We shared the charcouterie plate which was loaded with interesting meats and pickled items. Loved the pickled pumpkin and watermelon pieces. Unfortunately, the kitchen was behind in serving our appetizer, so our main meal arrived only a few minutes later. Our server immediately recognized our dilemma and offered to take the food back to the kitchen to keep it warm. I ordered the small plates portion of the shrimp and corn risotto, which was delicious and just the right size. My husband ordered the pork shoulder, which was excellent, but enormous! We'll get another 2 meals out of it. The lavender & Earl Grey crème brulee was just right for sharing. Couldn't taste the Earl Grey though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great Experience @ TasteMRH29841VIPDined on 10/30/2013As usual, we had a wonderful dinner, great drinks (thank you Paul!), and great atmosphere. Easy place to make new friends, excellent outdoor dining, great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant was in a nicebenjiDined on 10/25/2013The restaurant was in a nice neighborhood that I wouldn't have believed existed in the Augusta area. As far as dining experience, I found the food to be very good, the prices are right for what you get. I didn't like the table spacing, we could hear our neighbors conversations easily. Also, the restaurant was loud; I had to raise my voice for my date to hear me. Our server wasn't around often enough, but I think it was just the girl we had. The table next to us didn't seem to have this problem. Also, our server wasn't very knowledgeable about what the draft beers were like(i.e. didn't know the styles).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste is Hip and FunmmdunstanDined on 10/5/2013Taste is hip and fun, and food is delish! Always have enjoyed the menu and new items to exploreSpecial Features:
- Great for relaxingRibfiremanDined on 10/2/2013Nice little spot in North Augusta, highly recommend for a romantic dinner on the patio sidewalk. Food was outstanding and great drink selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- local, organic, deliciousOGdinerDined on 9/25/2013This lovely restaurant is tucked away in the Hammond's Ferry area of N. Augusta, and it feels very much like a neighborhood hangout (a very upscale neighborhood, of course!). The well appointed interior, well stocked bar (wine!) and professional and attentive staff are all draws to this gem of a restaurant. But the most wonderful thing about Taste is the food itself. A seasonal menu brilliantly conceived by Executive Chef Dave McCluskey features locally grown and organic ingredients wherever possible. There is an extensive array of tapas, interesting pizzas and other lighter fare, which we sampled happily. However, the real artistry is in the entrees. Every element of each dish thoughtfully prepared and flawlessly executed. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch Food and Drinks...wheelerDined on 9/13/2013However, we waiting almost 10 minutes after we sat down to get our drink order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but expensive for what you getOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2013Ate outdoors on a beautiful day. The salad and pizza was delicious but overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience, Once Again!SMorrowDined on 8/31/2013Dining at Taste is always a great experience. The service is wonderful, and the food is always spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningRickTDined on 8/31/2013Had a great date with my wife. Food was excellent, staff friendly and efficient. Great place to for a friendly gathering and dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review of TasteDaveDined on 8/30/2013The ambiance is nice except for the hallway seating. Get a table by the window away from the door, or outside. The service was slow for getting drinks and ordering. After ordering, the meal was provided is sufficient time. The Artisan salad is very good and all of our meals were good: Sea bass, fish tacos, and jumbo scallops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/17/2013Taste has incredible food and drinks! The service is great! Really is my new favorite restaurant in the area. Highly recommended!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for lunch or dinnerRoseDined on 8/17/2013I've been to Taste twice in one week, and both times were very good. Our server, Andrew, was friendly and professional, and quite knowledgeable. He did a great job. The lunch menu was varied and unusual. The eggplant muffaletta was wonderful for lunch, and very filling. For dinner, we were seated quickly, and the service was good. The food was yummy and served efficiently. There was a little something on the menu for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2013This is our 3rd visit to Taste . The food is wonderful . We especially enjoyed the small plates of pork belly , caramalized shrimp and VA scallops . Would recommend this place for its food and atmosphere . our friends really enjoyed their first visit tonightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top 2 Favorite Places AroundYesManDined on 7/16/2013Another great evening at Taste. Love the neighborhood. Makes me want to move there. A 9:30 dinner then an UNEXPECTED trip to the bar. Best Margarita EVER. New server (Andrew) but he was quite polished and did a super job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Saturday Night ExperienceSillyGooseDined on 7/13/2013We love Taste and one of the reasons is because we live in the neighborhood. However, we find it to be quite pricey and we do not order drinks because of that. The waiter we had was not very friendly nor was he attentive. However, we have never been disappointed with the food - always delicious and so different from many other dining establishments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely eat here!CateDined on 7/13/2013As a group of 6, we enjoyed our dinner! The small plates made it fun for sharing. Entrees that were ordered we great! The restaurant is very small, holding approximately 30 seated. Make reservations! The restaurant is tucked away in a neighborhood community, providing for a nice area to eat in [no traffic or horns].Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome date spotaugustaGAguyDined on 7/5/2013You can wear anything hear from shorts and a polo to slacks and tie. The wait staff and managment are super friendly and the wine list is large and unique. Food is always good and different. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Our server was nice, but seemedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2013Our server was nice, but seemed a little spotty at times. However, he did have several tables to wait on. Other than that we had an excellent meal and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfultallyhoVIPDined on 7/3/2013Excellent meal--the umami pizza & burger was flavorful & the cheese cake was super good. Our only issue was the acoustics, it was loud! Great soundtrack & hip venue. We shall return!!Special Features:
- Worth the drivePhilDined on 6/29/2013Taste is on my list of favorites in the Augusta area. Nice setting with a great menu and good beer choices on tap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our 4th trip to Taste.seanDined on 6/28/2013This was our 4th trip to Taste. We usually eat outside because it it often extremely noisy inside. We ate inside because of storms and it was a quiet night, so the noise level was better than usual. We enjoyed the cheese plate ($15) and the mushroom small plate ($12) was excellent, though a little overpriced. We had two pizzas, the Bianco, which was excellent with garlic and a little spice, and the asparagus and ham, which was bland and uninteresting ($18), and did not taste like it had any ham on it all. This is the first time we had dessert and were not disappointed, the peanut butter cheesecakes were decadent and very rich (4 of us shared) and the chocolate martini was outstanding - try it once. Paul the bartender is super.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StellarMagnoliaDined on 6/28/2013Great service, attention to detail on presentation, and particularly the use of fresh available items to serve! Food was out of this world. Our new favorite place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressiveExpat1Dined on 6/15/2013Taste was recommended to us by the Owner's mother, and she was right! The menu was quite interesting. Some of the combinations sounded intriguing and definitely different. We were well pleased. From the tapas to the entrees everything was delicious. The portions are definitely plenty. We weren't sure about the tapas portions, so my wife ordered two for herself. Surprise! One would have been plenty. But we split the other. We went early Saturday and had a reservation; but there was really no need at that time. However the place was filling up as we left; so I would recommend a reservation. The Open Table reservation system worked perfectly. They had our table waiting. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightChriskeriDined on 6/13/2013Beautiful, friendly neighborhood atmosphere near the savannah river. I recommend the pizza. Perfect crust and toppings. Creative desserts and entrées. Delicious and uniquely flavored dishes. One of my favorite places to escape for a romantic evening with my wife. Creative bar staff. You feel like you are on vacationing in a colonial coastal town. Highly recommended. Take a walk on the river after dinner :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint with quality10SMOMDined on 6/12/2013Very quaint dining experience. Outside dining set up beautlfully. Very comfy! Quisine well-rounded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great way to celebrate!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/12/2013I have been to Taste several times and it remains one of my favorite restaurants. The food and service are both wonderful and the location is great.Special Features:
- A Rainy NightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/6/2013We enjoy eating outside, but due to the weather dined inside with friends. The waitress was very attentative. She was knowledgable and did an excellent job. One of our friends and myself had the rositto with ham, corn and spices in a very rich cream sauce - delicious. My wife started with the artisian salad which was wonderful and followed it with a pizza -which she had been wanting to try and said it was the best pizza that she had ever eaten. I had the trumpet mushrooms as a starter and found them extremely tasty . Our other friend had the halibut which looked like salmon - he said it was good, but was surprised at the visual -always thought of halibut as a white fish and not a salmon colored fish. Overall and outstanding evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming and Delicious!TastebudDined on 5/31/2013Amazing bill of fair! An awesome variety of gourmet dishes with a choice of smaller dishes allowing you to "Taste" more! Large entrees were still enough to satisfy a hearty appetite. An unexpected surprise for North Augusta. Quaint sidewalk dining. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Friday evenings at Taste!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/31/2013We love to end up at Taste on Friday evenings for outside dining after riding our bikes on the Greenway - what a great way to end the work week! They have a great wine selection, and everything we've had to eat here is FANTASTIC. We really can't say enough good things about our server Morgan either - she's absolutely wonderful! We've been several times, but this is the first review. We've had several of the pizzas (ham/asparagus is especially good), both of the salads on the menu, the burger and a swordfish special this past Friday evening that was just delicious. The fried okra that came with the swordfish was the best thing on the plate, and I wish it had a permanent spot of its own on the menu :) We will definitely return again & again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out First Visit to TasteHookshankDined on 5/24/2013This was our first time @ Taste - but certainly won't be our last. Food was wonderful and our waitress was very attentive. We loved the ambiance and location of the restaurant. Good selection of entree's and appetizer's to choose from. Great evening! ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at TasteSandyDined on 5/22/2013Love the menu - the food is delicious - very loud though - not good for a romantic dinner - would recommend outside dining instead.Special Features:
- A good restaurant had an off nightBmwbabeDined on 5/11/2013We went to Taste with our teenagers to celebrate Mother's Day on Saturday night. Taste was out of pizza, creme brulee, and cheesecake. The service was really slow. The two appetizers we tried were good. The burgers weren't bad but not stellar. The flan was good. The waitress was indifferent and incredibly slow at times although the place was far from full. I guess this was an off weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch reviewggdgDined on 5/11/2013The salads were sparse and not worth the price!! The asperagus and ham pizza was okay. Could not taste any ham. The margarita pizza was very good.Special Features:
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2013We had a wonderful food experience. Everything was wonderful. My only recommendation is that given the prices, American Express should be an option for payment.Special Features:
- This was our 4th time to Taste.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/2/2013This was our 4th time to Taste. 2 times excellent and now 2 times a disaster. Upon arrival we were seated at a table where the sun was shining so brightly into our faces we eventually asked to be move and my look was directly into the doorless storage area. We didn't receive our appitizers 30 seconds when our main course arrived. Since both were servrd hot our entrees got cold. Our server was never around to bring our second drinks and we finally asked another waiter to bring them over. We were in and out in less than 50 minutes. Not worth a $100 plus dinner.
- Pleasantville, SCTREXAIKENVIPDined on 4/27/2013This was our return trip to "Pleasantville". Our first trip, we sat outside on the patio, this time we were seated on the inside of the restaurant. The food IS amazing....no matter where you sit!! We have not ordered an entrée yet....we can't seem to get past the "small plates"!! We have ordered the cheese platter twice now....and no regrets!! We have had the shrimp and grits and the scallops....and any of the pork belly dishes are out of this world!! (The pizzas are tasty too!) The menu is always evolving....so it is hard to know what will be offered....but trust me....you won't be disappointed. Unfortunately....we have never had room for dessert....so, we can't comment on that!!Special Features:
- A winner!BmwbabeDined on 4/27/2013The food was delicious. The atmosphere was pleasant. We especially enjoyed the smoked pimento cheese appetizer and the shrimp and grits. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- Excellent food and interestingdinerdanDined on 4/27/2013Excellent food and interesting small restaurant. Will probably go back again and try dining outdoors. A bit on the pricey side bit not ridiculous.Special Features: