Taste Restaurant - Plymouth
9402 Main Street
Plymouth, CA 95669Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
Taste Restaurant - Plymouth
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restauranttaste.com/
- Phone: (209) 245-3463
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Served: Monday, Thursday & Friday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm and Sunday 4:30pm to 9:00pm. Lunch is available on Saturday and Sunday 11:30 to 2pm
Lunch Served: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30-2PM
CLOSED Thanksgiving Day,Christmas Day OPEN for New Years Eve Dinner
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Berkner/James Ablett
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Taste can occasionally provide catering services outside of our restaurant. Special Events: Every Monday Taste offers a three-course Prix Fixe menu priced under $30 per person in addition to our regular dinner menu. The second Thursday of each month is corkage free night.
- Private Party Facilities: Taste is perfect for parties under 30 people. Each of our 2 dining rooms can accommodate just about 30 people. We regularly host Pharmaceutical dinners, private cooking classes for your gourmet group and wine society dinners. We gladly welcome private parties on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Private Party Contact: Jeremy 2092453463
- Entertainment: Taste is a great place to enjoy an evening with friends and family. Our wine bar offers the full menu and a bar menu with great values without reservations. If you don't know when you'll be arriving we always have a space for you at the wine bar. The wine bar is great for a dessert date too! The main dining room adjacent to the wine bar looks out on the rolling green lawn and gazebo of the town park. Our secluded dining room known as the Tasting Room offers beautifully restored craftsman style wood paneling and built-in buffet. The Tasting room is perfect for those wanting to enjoy a quiet cozy dining experience.
- Special Events: Taste features a “Monday Supper”, a three-course prix fixe menu for $30 or less. The menu changes every week. The menu is posted at the Taste website on Sunday afternoon. The second Thursday of every month is Corkage Free Night
- Cross Street: Mineral
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking is available on Main street. The green zone 20 minute parking does not apply. Please use caution when exiting your car curbside as the sidewalks are higher than most cities. There is also a parking lot across the street from the restaurant at the park.
A word from Taste Restaurant - Plymouth
Taste, Amador County's highly acclaimed restaurant is located on Main St. in Plymouth. Taste features a seasonal menu, expansive beer selection and Wine Spectator Award winning wine list that represents the foothills and regions from around the globe. The dinner menu features our popular Mushroom Cigars, three types of mushrooms, goat cheese and herbs rolled in a buttery phyllo dough and baked until golden. Our melt in your mouth steaks and fresh seafood are accompanied by local produce. The house made desserts are seasonally driven and offer creative twists on classics. "The three blocks that put the "down" in downtown Plymouth are an improbable location for a restaurant with a loud foodie drumbeat. Taste is small and comforting, its food a cure for the blahs." Sacramento Magazine. “With its urbane atmosphere and first-rate service, …provides a polished food-and-wine experience that would be right at home in a big city.” Wine Spectator Zagat Rated Top Restaurants in America 2012Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Taste Restaurant - Plymouth - Best Restaurants in Plymouth ›
Taste Restaurant - Plymouth reviews from OpenTable diners
169 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (140)special occasion (134)notable wine list (105)romantic (74)neighborhood gem (59)great for lunch (37)good for groups (26)hot spot (17)great for brunch (14)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- AmazingAnnie23Dined on 11/22/2014Our visit was to celebrate a birthday. Lunch was everything we had hoped for. We started with cigars, love, love, love. We both had the steak sandwich and it was so tasty, tender and delicious. Always a wonderful and delightful meat at Taste. That's why it my fav!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste is topsHillfolksVIPDined on 11/21/2014Anyone who has been here knows what a great place this is and like us returns every chance they get, amazed at how they are able to maintain the quality of food and service over time. For those who are reading reviews to choose whether to go, just go. Every dish is prepared impeccably, presented creatively, served professionally yet friendly and accompanied by a wine list that is spot on. The prices are very fair for the quality of ingredients and skill of preparation so don't let that stop you from enjoying what we think it the best dining experience in Amador county. Just a note about our visit this weekend... our wait person, Debbie, was very informed about every aspect of the menu and wine list and made great recommendations for the seasonal dishes. All of the other staff was friendly and involved. And when a minor mix-up occurred regarding the sides for an entree, they didn't return the plate to the kitchen to substitute, they brought out the correct set up in addition. That was a treat and very appreciated as a way to give the customer an exceptional dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food in interesting locationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014My wife and I dined here this past week and enjoyed it greatly. The signature mushroom cigars were delicious. We both had the filet mignon and it was very good. The highlight of the meal was the beef and truffle tortellini. The sauce was very good also. My filet was a little tough in places, and the spinach was a little bit gritty. Otherwise it was quite tasty. We had the 3X chocolate dessert also. Very tasty, although the marshmallow was a bit rubbery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2014The Staff is always right on. Love coming up to Amador for wine tasting and try to never miss having dinner here when we do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversayAnniversayDined on 11/15/2014Great service and excellent food! A hidden gem in the foothills. Pricey, but worth the dinner experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in a little town in Amador countyAlanDined on 11/15/2014Great service- intelligent people very professional. Limited mernu but well rounded Brought our MiraFlores wine (best in the area) and had a wonderful experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyYummyDined on 11/15/2014Met a friend I had not seen in about 10 years and she said she was a food snob. So Taste was the choice to fit her needs. She is from NYC and she loved it. Was able to show her that even though we are small town we have wonderful places to dine in the country. Thanks you for the wonderful afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guinea HenkorsoDined on 11/14/2014Officially the reason I booked dinner for two at Taste was to celebrate my partner's birthday. The truth is, I saw online that Guinea Hen offered on the menu. I used to raise Guinea Fowl, so I know how delicious it is. I haven't seen it offered on a menu in years. Taste's presentation and preparation of roast Guinea Hen was fabulous. My partner was equally pleased with the Duck he ordered. The wine offerings at Taste are also a big draw for us. I like trying flights and Taste offered three to choose from, plus wine on tap which I think is a great idea. Taste is a bit $pricey$ for us, so we don't dine there very often, saving it for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remains remarkable!LarDogDined on 11/10/2014We've already said it all: incredible, exceptional culinary experience WITH a bevy of Sommeliers AND a top-rated Wine List featuring many local gems++. Try the "on tap" wines by CG Di Arie. Our go-to special place!! Often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste Maintains QualitySBRGBCAVIPDined on 11/9/2014As expected, Taste remains one of the top restaurants in the Greater Sacramento Area...well worth the drive from Granite Bay! Keep up the great work!Special Features:
- jjfoodieDined on 11/9/2014great find in a rural area. excellent wine list with an seasonal changing farm to table menu with subtle and unique flavor pairings. you will go back.Special Features:
- A great find!EpicureVIPDined on 11/8/2014We found Taste quite by accident while looking for a hotel in the gold country of California. It is an exceptional restaurant in an out-of-the-way area, so especially welcome. In addition to outstanding food, we received excellent service, particularly with respect to wine choices. I wish we lived closer--we'd be back regularly. So if anyone is planning a trip to (or lives in) this interesting and quirky region of California, make a reservation!Special Features:
- roc2329Dined on 11/8/2014Outstanding as always. Late lunch was the perfect climax of a day in the Amador County vineyards.Special Features:
- Stop Here When Wine TastingdonmudDined on 11/8/2014If you are visiting the Amador County wineries this spot would be perfect for a weekend lunch or dinner. Very well stocked Wine Bar for this destination restaurant. It is a fine dining place without pretensions. I started with a small plate, Lettuce Cups (root beer braised pork belly, almonds, herbs, pickled vegetables surrounded by butter lettuce). This was amazing but just a sample of what Taste offers its patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VegandinerDined on 11/7/2014I loved that they offered vegan choices & the vegan entree I chose was excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foothill FusionshastamanDined on 11/7/2014Amador County vineyards struggle for water, and the local food scene struggles for respect. Taste Restaurant can't do much about the water (you have to ask for it to be served). But as for the food, they 'bring it' -- with aplomb. In two visits, we have had awesome salads, steak, rabbit, cheese, and great local wines. Think international fusion with a local farm-to-table flare. To mis-quote our prior discredited governor, "we'll be back!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!CaliforniaDreamingDined on 11/7/2014Absolutely the best dining experience ever! The food was exquisite, the service outstanding, and the wine list incredible. What a hidden gem. This place was recommended by the Limoclub, and I can't thank them enough. What a wonderful find in the beautiful Amador County wine country. The rack of lamb and the sea scallops were fabulous as were the mushroom cigars. If you're looking for a dining experience you will never forget, this is the place. Highly recommend you treat yourself to this unforgettable dining experience.Special Features:
- HeavenLB1761VIPDined on 11/2/2014An absolute must! We come here each time we are in the area and every time the food is amazing-heaven in different flavored!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; super slow servicesdmr123Dined on 11/2/2014The food was wonderful, but it took so long to get to us and when it did it was not hot. I am not sure what was going on in the kitchen or if it was an issue with the service staff. The restaurant was not really crowded so I am not sure. They did not even apologize for the wait so maybe this is normal. I am not sure I would come back due to the really slow service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5birdsDined on 11/1/2014We love dining here and bringing friends along - as we did on Nov. 1. It's always a lovely "treat" or just a special dinner out. Cannot say anything unfavorable at all about Taste. We were pleased to have MICHAEL as our waiter again. Thank YOU for being there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerLuv2eatoutDined on 11/1/2014The place was great the only thing I would say about the food was the steaks were over cooked but the swordfish was excellentSpecial Features:
- Very good with minor glitchesRuralFineDiningDined on 10/31/2014Cheese plate was outstanding, as were the filet mignon and swordfish dinners. Pork loin dinner was well prepared but was a little dry and could have perhaps used a covering sauce or something to keep it moist. Triple chocolate dessert was delicious but the brownie was not moist enough. Staff was efficient, friendly and helpful. Service was excellent except for one serious mistake -- the significant uneaten portions of the filet mignon and pork plates and left over cheese plate were taken away to be boxed for take-home, our dinner the next day. However, they were never returned to us despite our lingering at the table for a time as we enjoyed dessert and coffee. We sorely missed having the wonderful left overs the next day!Special Features:
- CarlNonnoDined on 10/31/2014Service and food were excellent good wine list .ambiance and attention to your needs was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best meals ever.GregVIPDined on 10/31/2014I would give TASTE 10 stars if I could. The food is some of the best I have ever had. The flavors & pairing were outstanding. The service also was very friendly and outstanding. It felt like we had been friends for years. The CIGARS were great (appetizer), the Game Hen the best, and deserts should not be missed.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience in Plymouth.atReviewsDined on 10/31/2014The service is incredible. Food was excellent. Menu options are pricey, but you're paying additional for the service, and for the chef's creativity. Wines are available from the many local wineries. Produce is local and fresh, and meat / fish are all identified as to their source.Special Features:
- Fabulous TasteBBBeniciaVIPDined on 10/31/2014This is a great find in Plymouth. Chef creates unique combinations with the freshest ingredients. Service is always spot on, extremely attentive. They are very accommodating in menu changes to assist your dining pleasure. Never a disappointment!Special Features:
- Amazing Birthday DinnerRobertDined on 10/23/2014My wife & I went to Taste for the first time last week and it was amazing. From the beautiful wood interior to the great service and of course the outstanding menu. It was a lovely evening and we will be back. Being located in Plymouth was perfect. Only 20 miles from Placerville. We highly recommend Taste.Special Features:
- Great experienceNapakinDined on 10/19/2014Taste is an isolated culinary island in an otherwise limited restaurant landscape in this section of Gold Country. This restaurant is on-par with the best of Napa and San Francisco. The food is creative and fresh, with a nod to comfort. Great wine list featuring local and out of area wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014Should disclaim they do their version of classic dishes. The food was good, but not what was expected. We ordered carrot cake for dessert and received some art house Andy Warhol interpretation. Some type of disclaimer on the menu would have saved the major let down. Main dish was cooked well, just not presented in traditional form. I get the "fancy" and artistic approach to food and can appreciate it, but some warning was needed.Special Features:
- WinePharmerDined on 10/18/2014Our wonderful meal started with two excellent appetizers, the Taste signature mushroom cigars and a unique tomato salad. Our entrees of filet mignon and swordfish were perfectly cooked, beautifully prepared, and both were generous portions. As usual, all staff members were attentive and full of information about everything on the menu. Kudos to Thomas for a great wine recommendation as well. Oh, and don't skip dessert, especially the chocolate x3!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste is the Best!BienbrandyDined on 10/17/2014We've eaten at Taste nearly once a year for about 5 years now and I must say...this was the BEST we've had. Not sure if they have a new chef or just made some wonderful improvements but the food was fantastic...service excellent...ambience perfect.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The pierogi component of the pork loin entree was not good: tough and chewy, doughy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and presentation were amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014The Monday Night supper was amazing. A perfect end to a day of wine tasting in Plymouth. Quite a drive for us, but we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gold mine in the Gold CountrySingaporetomDined on 10/11/2014Taste is an incredible restaurant in the heart of the gold country not to be missed. From the outside you would never know what waits for you behind the doors. The waiters know the menu by heart and can describe every item on the menu perfectly. They are experts in the food and wine pairing. All of the waiters work like a championship team does. Just about everything on the menu can be split for sharing. This is a great place for special occasions. If you are ever in the gold country do not miss it!Special Features:
- Will be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Had heard many good things about Taste but this was our first visit. We will be back in the area in November and will plan to make it our second.Special Features:
- Fabulous experience!!Breezy65Dined on 10/10/2014My husband and I went for our 10 year anniversary dinner. The staff was great, dinner was excellent and our waiter even had the staff sign a card for us. I highly recommend Taste Restaurant for your special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Amazes; Taste is a Treasure!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/6/2014We never are able to dine here often enough b/c we're too far away. But Taste is our excuse/reason to head to the Gold Country for a holiday. If you are ever remotely close to Plymouth, you MUST dine at Taste! Phenomenal experience, and if they have duck confit w/ duck pound cake on the menu, place two orders...one to take home!! EVERYTHING and EVERY MOMENT about Taste is top flight EVERY TIME.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great resturant!CherrydarlingDined on 10/6/2014Food was really wonderful as was wine. I told the waiter what type of wine I like, he bought be a sample and it was perfect. They even brought my husband a birthday card signed by the whole staff.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014My husband and I came for our wedding anniversary. I felt that the service was really spot-on. The staff knew their stuff when it came to wine recs and food pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!FoodieFromAmadorDined on 10/3/2014Everything was perfect! The staff and service was exceptional...very knowledgeable and made perfect recommendations for every course and accompanying wine. The ambiance was simply lovely, warm and inviting! The food was fabulous, period! All of the articles and reviews of this restaurant are indeed warranted...it is a wonderful place to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.