Taste Restaurant - Plymouth
9402 Main Street
Plymouth, CA 95669Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
Taste Restaurant - Plymouth
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restauranttaste.com/
- Phone: 2092453463
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Served: Monday, Thursday & Friday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm and Sunday 4:30pm to 9:00pm. Lunch is available on Saturday and Sunday 11:30 to 2pm
Lunch Served: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30-2PM
CLOSED Thanksgiving Day,Christmas Day OPEN for New Years Eve Dinner
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Berkner/James Ablett
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Taste can occasionally provide catering services outside of our restaurant. Special Events: Every Monday Taste offers a three-course Prix Fixe menu priced under $30 per person in addition to our regular dinner menu. The second Thursday of each month is corkage free night.
- Private Party Facilities: Taste is perfect for parties under 30 people. Each of our 2 dining rooms can accommodate just about 30 people. We regularly host Pharmaceutical dinners, private cooking classes for your gourmet group and wine society dinners. We gladly welcome private parties on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Private Party Contact: Jeremy 2092453463
- Entertainment: Taste is a great place to enjoy an evening with friends and family. Our wine bar offers the full menu and a bar menu with great values without reservations. If you don't know when you'll be arriving we always have a space for you at the wine bar. The wine bar is great for a dessert date too! The main dining room adjacent to the wine bar looks out on the rolling green lawn and gazebo of the town park. Our secluded dining room known as the Tasting Room offers beautifully restored craftsman style wood paneling and built-in buffet. The Tasting room is perfect for those wanting to enjoy a quiet cozy dining experience.
- Special Events: Taste features a “Monday Supper”, a three-course prix fixe menu for $30 or less. The menu changes every week. The menu is posted at the Taste website on Sunday afternoon. The second Thursday of every month is Corkage Free Night
- Cross Street: Mineral
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking is available on Main street. The green zone 20 minute parking does not apply. Please use caution when exiting your car curbside as the sidewalks are higher than most cities. There is also a parking lot across the street from the restaurant at the park.
A word from Taste Restaurant - Plymouth
Taste, Amador County's highly acclaimed restaurant is located on Main St. in Plymouth. Taste features a seasonal menu, expansive beer selection and Wine Spectator Award winning wine list that represents the foothills and regions from around the globe. The dinner menu features our popular Mushroom Cigars, three types of mushrooms, goat cheese and herbs rolled in a buttery phyllo dough and baked until golden. Our melt in your mouth steaks and fresh seafood are accompanied by local produce. The house made desserts are seasonally driven and offer creative twists on classics. "The three blocks that put the "down" in downtown Plymouth are an improbable location for a restaurant with a loud foodie drumbeat. Taste is small and comforting, its food a cure for the blahs." Sacramento Magazine. “With its urbane atmosphere and first-rate service, …provides a polished food-and-wine experience that would be right at home in a big city.” Wine Spectator Zagat Rated Top Restaurants in America 2012Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Taste Restaurant - Plymouth - Best Restaurants in Plymouth ›
Taste Restaurant - Plymouth reviews from OpenTable diners
175 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (144)fit for foodies (138)notable wine list (104)romantic (80)neighborhood gem (77)great for lunch (41)good for groups (33)hot spot (18)great for brunch (18)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/19/2014Taste is an isolated culinary island in an otherwise limited restaurant landscape in this section of Gold Country. This restaurant is on-par with the best of Napa and San Francisco. The food is creative and fresh, with a nod to comfort. Great wine list featuring local and out of area wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014Should disclaim they do their version of classic dishes. The food was good, but not what was expected. We ordered carrot cake for dessert and received some art house Andy Warhol interpretation. Some type of disclaimer on the menu would have saved the major let down. Main dish was cooked well, just not presented in traditional form. I get the "fancy" and artistic approach to food and can appreciate it, but some warning was needed.Special Features:
- WinePharmerDined on 10/18/2014Our wonderful meal started with two excellent appetizers, the Taste signature mushroom cigars and a unique tomato salad. Our entrees of filet mignon and swordfish were perfectly cooked, beautifully prepared, and both were generous portions. As usual, all staff members were attentive and full of information about everything on the menu. Kudos to Thomas for a great wine recommendation as well. Oh, and don't skip dessert, especially the chocolate x3!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The pierogi component of the pork loin entree was not good: tough and chewy, doughy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and presentation were amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014The Monday Night supper was amazing. A perfect end to a day of wine tasting in Plymouth. Quite a drive for us, but we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gold mine in the Gold CountrySingaporetomDined on 10/11/2014Taste is an incredible restaurant in the heart of the gold country not to be missed. From the outside you would never know what waits for you behind the doors. The waiters know the menu by heart and can describe every item on the menu perfectly. They are experts in the food and wine pairing. All of the waiters work like a championship team does. Just about everything on the menu can be split for sharing. This is a great place for special occasions. If you are ever in the gold country do not miss it!Special Features:
- Will be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Had heard many good things about Taste but this was our first visit. We will be back in the area in November and will plan to make it our second.Special Features:
- Fabulous experience!!Breezy65Dined on 10/10/2014My husband and I went for our 10 year anniversary dinner. The staff was great, dinner was excellent and our waiter even had the staff sign a card for us. I highly recommend Taste Restaurant for your special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Amazes; Taste is a Treasure!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/6/2014We never are able to dine here often enough b/c we're too far away. But Taste is our excuse/reason to head to the Gold Country for a holiday. If you are ever remotely close to Plymouth, you MUST dine at Taste! Phenomenal experience, and if they have duck confit w/ duck pound cake on the menu, place two orders...one to take home!! EVERYTHING and EVERY MOMENT about Taste is top flight EVERY TIME.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great resturant!CherrydarlingDined on 10/6/2014Food was really wonderful as was wine. I told the waiter what type of wine I like, he bought be a sample and it was perfect. They even brought my husband a birthday card signed by the whole staff.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014My husband and I came for our wedding anniversary. I felt that the service was really spot-on. The staff knew their stuff when it came to wine recs and food pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!FoodieFromAmadorDined on 10/3/2014Everything was perfect! The staff and service was exceptional...very knowledgeable and made perfect recommendations for every course and accompanying wine. The ambiance was simply lovely, warm and inviting! The food was fabulous, period! All of the articles and reviews of this restaurant are indeed warranted...it is a wonderful place to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a dining pleasure!SteveWVIPDined on 9/29/2014We enjoyed our Monday evening Prix Fixe meal of Duck Confit. The fig & pear salad was one of the best salads I've ever tasted! Our server Michael provided the usual "beyond expectations" service. This restaurant well deserves its outstanding reputation for dining excellence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable Mealksp2822Dined on 9/27/2014I have had dinner at the Volcano Location and was truly amazed at the quality of the food and service but the Taste was a off the charts experience. The quality and variety if the food is something you would see in New York, Chicago or San Francisco not Plymouth CA. Some of the items I have had before but never the same quality or presentation. I am looking forward to our next dinner there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing MealSFidmyhomeDined on 9/27/2014We felt everything about this meal-from small plates to dessert--was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimboDined on 9/25/2014The creative presentation of the plates and the quality of the food is outstanding. Nothing ordinary about this place. Service is very good by knowledgeable personnel. After our initial experience here we went right back again a few days later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding food and servicegstevickDined on 9/22/2014We have been regular customers at Taste for several years. The food and wine are simply outstanding. The service is impeccableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant in PlymouthOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014A wonderful meal with great service - highly recommend getting the mushroom cigars for appetizers. The wine is very reasonably pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodFairPlayFarmerDined on 9/18/2014But it gets pretty noisy. That is a definite put-off, but the food is wonderful!! AND even if you buy a bottle off their wine list you still have to pay $15 for the bottle you bring. Not enough local wines on the list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ExperiencedjlopesDined on 9/15/2014Went to Taste restaurant for our 19th anniversary. From the moment we arrived, we were treated to exceptional service. The team working there seemed to genuinely care about our experience. Friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable staff. Our waiter, Jeremy, and his support team were magnificent. Then the food is served, and ... wow... it is incredibly flavorful, presented beautifully, and hearty enough. Can say enough about our evening at Taste!Special Features:
- Taste -- Something SpecialMichaelVDined on 9/13/2014We've been here four times now. The food is consistently amazing, the wine list is expansive, and the desserts are literally incredible. They use only fresh, local produce so the menu rotates with the season. The combinations of layered flavors and assorted textures usually leave me astounded and trying to educate my palate further by asking, "What was that ingredient / combination?" At ~$100/person and a ways off the beaten path, this probably isn't a place you're going to come to every week, but if you want the dining experience and better of one of the high-end big city restaurants in a surprising locale done in an "everybody knows your name" small-town style, it's completely worth it. Go, and bring your family and friends.Special Features:
- WHO KNEW?luv2dineoutDined on 9/13/2014Whether you're out for the day wine tasting in Amador County or just want to get "out of the city, out of suburbia", head to Plymouth for a meal to die for. Hidden in this unpretentious small town lies a gem of a restaurant. TASTE RESTAURANT has it all from presentation, quality, selection and creativity to its selection of desserts and wine list. Our small party of 3 couldn't resist a couple of appetizers including the Midday Mushroom Cigars as well as 3 different lunch entrees (New York steak, pork loin and Pacific cod), Creme Brulee Trio and wine, of course! Your palate will love you and so will anyone and everyone who's with you! TASTE is extraordinary. Hope to return soon!Special Features:
- Taste is so TastyItalyVIPDined on 9/12/2014We took an out-of-town guest to Taste and we all loved our entrees. My husband always goes for the rack of lamb - he says it is the best he has had. I had the guinea hen - beautifully prepared with seasonal blueberries. Our friend had the salmon which she said was very good. The service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste-yOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014We've made Taste our "anniversary destination" year after year - not saying its only a special occasion destination but definitely special! We've always been impressed and delighted with the menu, food and service quality, wine list and beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HarleyDined on 9/11/2014First time at Taste but definitely not our last. We really enjoyed the very creative and tasty menus. The high ratings are well deserved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real GemCamelotDined on 9/11/2014May be the best Filet Mignon I've ever had. Hubby had the Salmon, but we both agreed the Filet was the best. Try to get a table in the front dining room.Special Features:
- Quality diningwinechaserDined on 9/11/2014From most any of the small towns in Sierra Foothills it is a short drive and worth the effort. A small restaurant with potentially limited parking and bland décor springs to life with the food and wine offerings. Imagine CG d'A wines on tap. Beef short ribs were slightly smoky and fall-apart tender. Roasted pork was so perfectly done preparation could be called delicate. The mushroom cigars are good but more of a gimmick and bread and dessert were average. Well worth stopping for dinner. Usually reservations recommendedSpecial Features:
- Fantastic foodDuaynaDined on 9/8/2014This restaurant in an out of the way location was a real treat. It started out on somewhat of a negative note with the service but that was rapidly corrected. Our waiter apologized several times because he was late getting to us but made up for it. He waived the corkage fee on our second bottle of wine and gave us extra special attention including a second round of their homemade chocolates. The food and presentation was comparable to a five star San Francisco restaurant. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Always good.gloray62Dined on 9/8/2014We've been there twice and the whole experience was great both times. On our most recent visit we had the Monday special prix fix 3 course dinner. It's a great value for under $30. 00 per person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best dinner.2BerneseDined on 9/7/2014I have eaten at Taste a number of times. It is my favorite restaurant!! The food and service are always excellent! My husband likes it because of the innovative food parings. I like it because I am not an adventurous eater and can get something to my liking as well.Special Features:
- Special PlacewonderfuleveningDined on 9/7/2014We celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary at a very special place. While everything was wonderful the food was to die for. The flavors of the various plates - whether small or large plates was outstanding. Service was top notch as well.Special Features:
- So good it is hard to get a tableLocalFanDined on 9/6/2014Prior to visiting Sutter Creek, we found reviews of "Taste". Even though we tried to make a reservation a week ahead, we could only get a table at before 5:30 or after 8:30. Well now we know why it is so popular. This is a restaurant of about 20 tables and a small bar. When we arrived at 5pm the bar was already full and about half of the tables were seated. The wait staff is very friendly and outgoing. We started with an appetizer called a "Mushroom Cigar". This is mushrooms and herbs rolled in a light filo dough and served in a truffle sauce. Terrific. I had Duck Confit and my wife had the braised short ribs. We loved the food and the wine. Then came an excellent dessert and very good cup of coffee. We will return.Special Features:
- Night OutFood2goDined on 9/6/2014We all enjoyed our meal, service was very attentive. Short ribs wonderful. A little noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceGreatdayDined on 9/5/2014This was our second visit and it did not disappoint. The preparation and presentation for each course is not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyDinerDined on 9/4/2014Wonderful restaurant. Ask for vegetarian, vegan and gluten free menues. We will return. Hopefully frequently!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/20141 glass of wine 12.00, We live in the heart of wine country, The were out of items on the menu. 44.00 for lamb? The portions were small and not that good. I will never go again!
- Exceptional FoodExpectTheBestDined on 8/31/2014Our second time at Taste did not disappoint. The chef is very creative and served a duck like we have never had. We were hoping for a special dining experience and the meal was so uniquely created and wonderfully delicious that it truly exceeded our high expectations. The only negatives were that it is quite loud and it took about 30 minutes for the waiter, who was otherwise outstanding, to bring us the check. I highly recommend the trip to Plymouth for wine tasting and a meal at Taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Great - Except the Guests?chiquitaDined on 8/31/2014Taste is super--keeps upping its ante, when you think it can't get better, it does. Six went celebrating a birthday. The single flaw was a rowdy group of twelve (over-the-top rudeness is everywhere today, from airlines to upper end restaurants); the chef/owner came out, surveyed the room and apologized to us, saying the party would leave soon (they did). From then on it was all food/sharing. A new/extended menu with surprising turns (imagine pound cake made with duck fat...go ahead...you're wrong--it's divine!), excellent preparation, attentive servers (we love Michael!), unbelievable wine list, and...no parking problems! I hate to say go to Taste because it will make reservations harder to get--but go,try, believe it.Special Features:
- Chance4meVIPDined on 8/31/2014The three of us were visiting the Amador Flower Farm and a winery in Plymouth and this is our favorite place for lunch. We started out with the signature appetizer, the mushroom cigaret, which was a tasty beginning. The steak sandwich with the egg on top was delicious. The tamale which was deconstructed, was a bit bland. The gnocci was well spiced and quite flavorful. We loved the chocolate gelato covered with expresso. An excellent way to end a meal. The server was pleasant and knowlegeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedMNutDined on 8/31/2014Wonderful food and excellent service. A good choice for a special occasion. Lovely presentation of food and a delicious birthday dessert afterwards (on the house).Special Features: