Taste on Melrose
8454 Melrose Ave
West Hollywood, CA 90069Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Taste on Melrose
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ilovetaste.com/
- Phone: 3238526888x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30 - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30 - 10:30pm Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:30am - 3:00pm
Happy Hour: Tuesday - Friday 3:00 - 6:00pm, Saturday-Sunday: 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Cathy Halter
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Small or Large parties - in house or off site full catering available.
Please contact: Richard Baker P: 323.630.3340
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also get more information and see pictures of our previous events on our Facebook page : ilovetasteEvents
- Private Party Facilities: For parties of 10 and more, please contact Richard Baker for details.
Richard@ilovetaste.com or P: 323.630.3340
- Private Party Contact: Richard Baker 3236303340x
- Special Events: Wine Discovery Mondays with Half off Bottles of Wine
A word from Taste on Melrose
Taste on Melrose is Melrose Avenue friendliest neighbor, homey yet sophisticated. With its relaxed setting, updated American comfort cuisine and eminently moderate prices, Taste on Melrose offers everything that people are looking for in a neighborhood restaurant. Located in the mids of the swanky stretch of trend setting Melrose Avenue with the likes of Marc Jacobs and Diane Von Furstenburg. Taste on Melrose is a neighborhood favorite for stylish Angelinos with a preference for elegant surroundings and a comforting, laid-back dining experience. NOW FULL BAR.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Taste on Melrose - Best Restaurants in West Hollywood ›
Taste on Melrose reviews from OpenTable diners
189 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (108)great for outdoor dining (106)fit for foodies (93)great for brunch (69)special occasion (57)romantic (57)great for lunch (54)hot spot (30)good for groups (21)notable wine list (13)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- Perfect Last Minute DinnerfinickyfoodieVIPDined on 9/18/2014We weren't planning on eating out tonight but changed our minds at the last minute. Was able to get a reservation here with not much other information. Had a great meal, super service and reasonable prices. No complaints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/16/2014Taste on Melrose is always solid. Good food, great service and a quiet place to enjoy a conversation.Special Features:
- love itfoodaholicDined on 9/13/2014tried this place for the first time and fell in love. I ordered the short rib cheese sandwich and it tasted great! my boyfriend ordered the kobe beef burger and that was delicious too! I would definitely recommend this restaurant and would definitely be coming back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy Comfort FoodLbw123Dined on 9/13/2014A good variety of dishes and everything we had was delicious. There seems to be an emphasis on comfort foods (Mac & cheese, Kobe meat balls, fancy grilled cheese) but there is something for everyone. I had a pasta with sugar snap peas and asparagus that was amazing. Had an ahi tuna special last visit that had me cleaning my plate! Cocktails are also definitely worth a try. Tables are very close together so you can't mind everyone hearing your business!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Taste restaurant was amazingly awesome!! The service was empeccable! Highly recommendable..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2014Loved it so much, we went back the next night. First night, I had the kobe meatballs with spaghetti and it was outstanding. The next night I had the pork chop special and it was one of the best pork chops I have ever had. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great space and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Great overall. Food was amazing and staff was friendly and made the experience all the better. Great find!Special Features:
- Good foodEatingInLADined on 9/6/2014Great location and cute setup. Food was great. I got a special salmon tartar and the beet salad- both very good though I preferred the beet salad. My girlfriend got the blackened salmon salad and loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing time!luv2dineDined on 9/5/2014Came from our of town and have never eatten in this area of LA. Made RSVP with open table asking for the best table available. our experience was amazing. Drinks where SO GOOD! Sangria + cucumber lavender margarita. We all had a prefix of 3 courses, All was amazing. We had the best time + our server was great!!!! I will be going back for sure!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantLAFoodieDined on 9/4/2014The service is top notch and the good is great. Always consistent. One of my top 5 places in LASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinneraminlaVIPDined on 9/3/2014I took a friend to Taste for his bday because I've had great meals there & wanted it to be special; Taste came through with flying colors. Fantastic meal & attentive, friendly service; everything was perfect. I love that Taste presents a birthday card & a gift card to the bday celebrant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & Wine Very GoodUpscalehealthynaturalVIPDined on 9/1/2014Quinoa salad was delicious. Mac & Chees w/ truffle oil was wonderful. Chocolate Brioche was great and very satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as always!BarcapnettDined on 8/31/2014Yummy food, accommodating staff, pleasant atmosphere. One of our neighborhood favorites !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic !!!DbombxDined on 8/29/2014Great food, reasonable prices , excellent service. Definitively recommended .Special Features:
- Excellent Food/Great AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014Loved trying this restaurant for the first time. Food is inventive and delicious. Excellent service. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Absolutely Wonderful!CleanGreenShirtDined on 8/25/2014Went to Taste for the first time with friends and what an absolutely wonderful experience we had! The wait staff was perfect, totally friendly, and on top of their game. We had a party of 6 for our dear friend's birthday and they we're not only very accommodating with our reservation but also sincere & generous to our guest of the hour. The food is friggin' out of this world good. I had the pork chop & it was by far the best I've ever had in my life. Their mac & cheese lives up to it's fame & the risotto was very flavorful. Great deal on wine on Monday nights and the ambience/atmosphere is perfect, equal parts romantic and hip. Will definitely be returning, hear they have a great brunch too. THANK YOU TASTE for making it a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rocoffortDined on 8/22/2014Why are they carrying Rose chateau des Valentines ? It is the best in town ... And at the bar at the glass chateau Jeannette by the glass ?? Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wont seat till ALL your party showssillyruleDined on 8/20/2014So I eat here all the time but I arrived on Tuesday for a 7pm reservation and was told I couldn't be seated until my bf arrived. The place was empty! Not sure when you started this annoying current trendy LA restaurant rule but after driving in rush hour traffic for an hour im ready to sit relax & drink & check emails till he shows up. As I turned to leave and cross the street to Comme Ca the host grabbed me and told me he would make an exception. Other than that, the place is awesome, food is great, waiters are extremely knowledgeable about the food and specials, drinks are good, good ambiance & service the prix fix menu is a great idea but when there are 3 other amazing restaurants within 100 yards you have to be careful with your rulesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just love itkiskaDined on 8/19/2014I habe been to this place many times. Always good tasty food, friendly waiters and great people. Will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinneraminlaVIPDined on 8/17/2014We went to Taste to celebrate my birthday (I received a "complimentary bday entree" email) and it was the 2nd time we've visited there. The food and service were excellent. The meal was well prepared and delicious; the service, quick, friendly, and efficient. To top it off, at the end of the meal they presented me with a $20 gift card for my birthday. Overall we were very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- opentablefanVIPDined on 8/17/2014Couldn't believe it's been there for 9 years and this was our first visit, thank you Open Table. Very tasty food, reasonable prices and Key Lime Pie to die for. The Chicken tortilla soup was extremely good, many tastes blended into each delicious spoonful. I would have liked a bucket of it Almost forgot to mention the outstanding Mango Mojito.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!EmEatsTooMuchDined on 8/15/2014I came here with my family on a Friday night. Even tho it's a small venue, the loud atmosphere made it feel like we could catch up and talk about personal things without strangers overhearing us. The server was patient with all the food allergies and modifications, and the chopped salad was TO DIE FOR! I've also been for brunch and that was equally fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste RestaurantMicki21Dined on 8/14/2014Great dining experience. Whether it's lunch with a client, after - theatre dinner with the girls or just dessert by myself, the food and service are always great. I live 35 miles away and it's always worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!!!!SuzanneDined on 8/13/2014Wonderful salad but the Bread Pudding dessert and Onion Rings were the stars!!!Special Features:
- Oh what a lovely evening it was!mgfoodieVIPDined on 8/10/2014I came here to dinner with my mom to celebrate my birthday. My mom and I took a seat at the cozy bar, where Mark, the bartender served us. My mom had a classic martini and I had the lychee martini (so refreshing). We were seated and Nina was our waitress with a such a great vibe. We both ordered delicious pasta dishes. When it was time for dessert, my mom let Nina know it was my birthday. Nina points to Mark the bartender to show that he had told her! So not only did they bring out the gelato I ordered, but also a slice of cake with a candle in it! Nina hands me an envelope says, "For next time, and bring your mom with you." It was a gift card to use at the restaurant!! Who does that?? Only classy people who make a joint classy.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchOurfavDined on 8/10/2014As always great service and excellent food. Everyone working there is always smiling and happy. Staff very attentive and accommodating. One of those places you never have to worry what you will get. You can count on great service, great food and relaxing friendly atmosphere. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I miss this place.Foodie1Dined on 8/9/2014After moving from West Hollywood to Pasadena, I forgot how wonderful the food was at this little gem. Whatever you order from the menu excites the palette. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversay SpecialGoodEatsDined on 8/9/2014We made reservations for our Anniversary brunch. They were very kind and gave us the pick of seating. The eggs in brioche was the best I have ever had and it was nice to have a choice of potatoes or a lite and delicious green salad. My husband was had a wonderful rib and aged cheddar cheese sandwich. for our Anniversary they surprised us with a lite dessert of flourless chocolate cake, caramel ice cream and a crunchy side that made it even better. We were so delighted! I was also fun to people watch and the outside area was fresh and cool even in the warmth of summer. We will travel here again!Special Features:
- AMAZINGbdaybrunchVIPDined on 8/9/2014I came here to celebrate my birthday with a friend, and we had noted that it was my birthday in the reservation. Not only was the food amazing, but the service was incredible! They gave me both a hand written birthday card, AND a $20 gift card! Highly recommend this restaurant - the food is to die for, the service is awesome, and the decor and ambience is great.Special Features:
- Love TasteKSMLSDined on 8/6/2014Great ambience, impressive menu. Always a winning experience at Taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2014excellent service and food.. a myust great neighborhood spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/3/2014TASTE is consistently an excellent dining experience. Great staff as well.Special Features:
- Great casual placeElizabeth1Dined on 7/30/2014The food and cocktails were the best of this place. There were some cocktails that were not included in the menu that I only knew of because I visited the webpage before coming. Menu should list all cocktails that the restaurant serves. Especially if they are good (Cosmopolitan is on the Happy Hour Menu but if you come after Happy Hour, you will never see it since it is not part of the regular menu. Service was fair. No notable mention, althouth I appreciate we were seated fast with reservations. Ambiance is very casual and loud rather than quiet and upscale as the website photos seemed to indicate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average comfort foodAwinrmVIPDined on 7/27/2014Interesting menu....basically comfort food....fair prices....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DineLA2014DineLA2014Dined on 7/26/2014This place was so awesome! It was first time dining there and it certainly won't be my last. Food was great, service was also great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A reliable, old favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2014Taste is one of the most reliable restaurants in the WeHo/Hollywood area. The food is consistently inventive and delicious and the staff always professional and efficient. Its why my friends and I keep coming back.Special Features:
- Memorable AnniversaryMartaVIPDined on 7/25/2014We celebrated our 27th anniversary at Taste, and it was perfect. The serving staff was super attentive and was having fun with us! Starting with champagne and a grilled artichoke, the food was delicious. We enjoyed an enormous roasted vegetable and quinoa salad, as well as pasta and risotto. Everything tasted great. A totally enjoyable evening of reminiscing was made special by the folks at Taste. And, it was a very reasonable bill!!Special Features:
- Tasty findWOVVDined on 7/24/2014Delicious food, great location, friendly staff...A winner in my booksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go back!v44foodieDined on 7/23/2014It was my first time at Taste the service was great the atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very satisfiedveeRobVIPDined on 7/22/2014With a midnight flight out of LAX, I had time to enjoy a Restaurant Week meal before returning my rental car I had picked up a week prior in Las Vegas. After some discussion with 2 of my cousins, we settled on Taste on Melrose. I couldn't have been happier with our choice. Service was a bit slow, but restaurant layout and staff made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.