Taste on Melrose
8454 Melrose Ave
West Hollywood, CA 90069Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Taste on Melrose
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ilovetaste.com/
- Phone: 3238526888x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30 - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30 - 10:30pm Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:30am - 3:00pm
Happy Hour: Tuesday - Friday 3:00 - 6:00pm, Saturday-Sunday: 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Cathy Halter
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Small or Large parties - in house or off site full catering available.
Please contact: Richard Baker P: 323.630.3340
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also get more information and see pictures of our previous events on our Facebook page : ilovetasteEvents
- Private Party Facilities: For parties of 10 and more, please contact Richard Baker for details.
Richard@ilovetaste.com or P: 323.630.3340
- Private Party Contact: Richard Baker 3236303340x
- Special Events: Wine Discovery Mondays with Half off Bottles of Wine
A word from Taste on Melrose
Taste on Melrose is Melrose Avenue friendliest neighbor, homey yet sophisticated. With its relaxed setting, updated American comfort cuisine and eminently moderate prices, Taste on Melrose offers everything that people are looking for in a neighborhood restaurant. Located in the mids of the swanky stretch of trend setting Melrose Avenue with the likes of Marc Jacobs and Diane Von Furstenburg. Taste on Melrose is a neighborhood favorite for stylish Angelinos with a preference for elegant surroundings and a comforting, laid-back dining experience. NOW FULL BAR.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Taste on Melrose - Best Restaurants in West Hollywood ›
Taste on Melrose reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (110)great for outdoor dining (108)fit for foodies (94)romantic (56)special occasion (52)great for brunch (50)great for lunch (45)hot spot (36)good for groups (29)notable wine list (14)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- A great neighborhood find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2014Tasty food, lovely service and great ambience. Special without being stuck up. A great place to bring out of town guests or have a night out with girlfriends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fantasticTomasVIPDined on 10/24/2014This place never fails! Always great food and service as always!!Special Features:
- Really DisappointingAB1836VIPDined on 10/22/2014I had an 8 pm table and arrived before my friend did. The maitre d rudely looked me up and down before refusing to seat me when I asked. I was seated when I asked a second time. Our server was sweet but did not clear or bring fresh plates with new courses...and touched our unwrapped straws when she brought them to the table. We had to ask twice for fresh plates when our second course arrived.
- a good find for lunchLadydi7VIPDined on 10/22/2014a last minute find on "Open Table"...there were three of us tired from shopping at the PDC and looked on Open 'table for a lunch spot. Taste was really good! The lunch menu is varied and interesting...many great salads...I had the thai chicken in lettuce cups...delicious! Waitress was adorable and very attentive. Service was great. Highly recommend. Don't know anything about Taste for dinner....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PkammieDined on 10/19/2014Besides not having their popular Kobe burger in stock, food snd service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sit insideOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/15/2014Food was good. Our waitress was very knowledgable, but it felt like she was rushing through food and wine descriptions because she had too many tables. We sat next to the sidewalk, and the traffic was off-putting. I recommend sitting inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch was eh...KZYKZVIPDined on 10/12/2014Had the panini sandwich and shared the pork belly Benedict. Sandwhich was a bit dry and the Benedict was ok. Still would like to try dinner though.Special Features:
- Customer Service Training 101AbandonedVIPDined on 10/12/2014When a restaurant host is on the phone...all one needs to do is 1) smile at customer 2) put hand over phone and whisper "I'll be right with you". What not to do: 1) Not smile 2) Make guest stand and listen to your conversation and not feel acknowledged. whatEVER! I guess it's Melrose, so DEAL with it!Special Features:
- Cool spotbktateDined on 10/9/2014Great food and nice ambiance. The service was also very good.Special Features:
- WonderfulHugoDined on 10/4/2014I highly recommend this place. Great food and awesome staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great atmosphereOnthetownDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I met a couple for dinner there not knowing what to expect, though it was recommended by a friend of ours. Well...the food and the atmosphere were outstanding. Unusual entrees in a good way. Excellent wait staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A casual eveningNancyVIPDined on 10/3/2014The ambience was lively, the waitstaff friendly, and the food good. I had a crispy fresh salad and yummy grilled cheese with short ribs sandwich. We shared a great key lime pie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood staplefoodiepieVIPDined on 9/24/2014I live walking distance but haven't been here for a while. Not sure why but every time I do come I ask myself why don't I come more often. It is a very reliable restaurant. Food is generally good and staff is pretty good most of the time. ( strange this time as a manager, I think, spent a considerable amount of time adjusting the lights when the place was full. Probably should have been doing something else) I would recommend TASTE given their price point. Not many other places at this price and quality. It's good people watching too. They get a good crowd every night.Special Features:
- Amazing food and good vibesFoodieHunterDined on 9/21/2014I went here with a group of friends for my birthday. They were able to seat us earlier. The drinks and food were amazing! The waiter catered to us as needed and the ambiance was nice but not loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vibeItaliandelightVIPDined on 9/20/2014I have been to this restaurant a ton and the service and ambience is amazing. However do not order the crab and corn risotto...it was tasteless. The jalapeño mango margaritas are to die for. I just was disappointed with my entree.Special Features:
- champagne for daysalunnfoodleVIPDined on 9/20/2014Taste is my go to for bottomless brunch! Amazing all around and great location to walk around after.Special Features:
- Perfect Last Minute DinnerfinickyfoodieVIPDined on 9/18/2014We weren't planning on eating out tonight but changed our minds at the last minute. Was able to get a reservation here with not much other information. Had a great meal, super service and reasonable prices. No complaints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/16/2014Taste on Melrose is always solid. Good food, great service and a quiet place to enjoy a conversation.Special Features:
- love itfoodaholicDined on 9/13/2014tried this place for the first time and fell in love. I ordered the short rib cheese sandwich and it tasted great! my boyfriend ordered the kobe beef burger and that was delicious too! I would definitely recommend this restaurant and would definitely be coming back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy Comfort FoodLbw123Dined on 9/13/2014A good variety of dishes and everything we had was delicious. There seems to be an emphasis on comfort foods (Mac & cheese, Kobe meat balls, fancy grilled cheese) but there is something for everyone. I had a pasta with sugar snap peas and asparagus that was amazing. Had an ahi tuna special last visit that had me cleaning my plate! Cocktails are also definitely worth a try. Tables are very close together so you can't mind everyone hearing your business!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Taste restaurant was amazingly awesome!! The service was empeccable! Highly recommendable..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2014Loved it so much, we went back the next night. First night, I had the kobe meatballs with spaghetti and it was outstanding. The next night I had the pork chop special and it was one of the best pork chops I have ever had. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great space and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Great overall. Food was amazing and staff was friendly and made the experience all the better. Great find!Special Features:
- Good foodEatingInLADined on 9/6/2014Great location and cute setup. Food was great. I got a special salmon tartar and the beet salad- both very good though I preferred the beet salad. My girlfriend got the blackened salmon salad and loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing time!luv2dineDined on 9/5/2014Came from our of town and have never eatten in this area of LA. Made RSVP with open table asking for the best table available. our experience was amazing. Drinks where SO GOOD! Sangria + cucumber lavender margarita. We all had a prefix of 3 courses, All was amazing. We had the best time + our server was great!!!! I will be going back for sure!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantLAFoodieDined on 9/4/2014The service is top notch and the good is great. Always consistent. One of my top 5 places in LASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great girls night dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/4/2014My best friend and I had a great meal and very friendly service at Taste and will definitely return.Special Features:
- Birthday dinneraminlaVIPDined on 9/3/2014I took a friend to Taste for his bday because I've had great meals there & wanted it to be special; Taste came through with flying colors. Fantastic meal & attentive, friendly service; everything was perfect. I love that Taste presents a birthday card & a gift card to the bday celebrant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & Wine Very GoodUpscalehealthynaturalVIPDined on 9/1/2014Quinoa salad was delicious. Mac & Chees w/ truffle oil was wonderful. Chocolate Brioche was great and very satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as always!BarcapnettDined on 8/31/2014Yummy food, accommodating staff, pleasant atmosphere. One of our neighborhood favorites !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic !!!DbombxDined on 8/29/2014Great food, reasonable prices , excellent service. Definitively recommended .Special Features:
- Excellent Food/Great AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014Loved trying this restaurant for the first time. Food is inventive and delicious. Excellent service. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Absolutely Wonderful!CleanGreenShirtDined on 8/25/2014Went to Taste for the first time with friends and what an absolutely wonderful experience we had! The wait staff was perfect, totally friendly, and on top of their game. We had a party of 6 for our dear friend's birthday and they we're not only very accommodating with our reservation but also sincere & generous to our guest of the hour. The food is friggin' out of this world good. I had the pork chop & it was by far the best I've ever had in my life. Their mac & cheese lives up to it's fame & the risotto was very flavorful. Great deal on wine on Monday nights and the ambience/atmosphere is perfect, equal parts romantic and hip. Will definitely be returning, hear they have a great brunch too. THANK YOU TASTE for making it a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rocoffortDined on 8/22/2014Why are they carrying Rose chateau des Valentines ? It is the best in town ... And at the bar at the glass chateau Jeannette by the glass ?? Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wont seat till ALL your party showssillyruleDined on 8/20/2014So I eat here all the time but I arrived on Tuesday for a 7pm reservation and was told I couldn't be seated until my bf arrived. The place was empty! Not sure when you started this annoying current trendy LA restaurant rule but after driving in rush hour traffic for an hour im ready to sit relax & drink & check emails till he shows up. As I turned to leave and cross the street to Comme Ca the host grabbed me and told me he would make an exception. Other than that, the place is awesome, food is great, waiters are extremely knowledgeable about the food and specials, drinks are good, good ambiance & service the prix fix menu is a great idea but when there are 3 other amazing restaurants within 100 yards you have to be careful with your rulesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just love itkiskaDined on 8/19/2014I habe been to this place many times. Always good tasty food, friendly waiters and great people. Will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinneraminlaVIPDined on 8/17/2014We went to Taste to celebrate my birthday (I received a "complimentary bday entree" email) and it was the 2nd time we've visited there. The food and service were excellent. The meal was well prepared and delicious; the service, quick, friendly, and efficient. To top it off, at the end of the meal they presented me with a $20 gift card for my birthday. Overall we were very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- opentablefanVIPDined on 8/17/2014Couldn't believe it's been there for 9 years and this was our first visit, thank you Open Table. Very tasty food, reasonable prices and Key Lime Pie to die for. The Chicken tortilla soup was extremely good, many tastes blended into each delicious spoonful. I would have liked a bucket of it Almost forgot to mention the outstanding Mango Mojito.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!EmEatsTooMuchDined on 8/15/2014I came here with my family on a Friday night. Even tho it's a small venue, the loud atmosphere made it feel like we could catch up and talk about personal things without strangers overhearing us. The server was patient with all the food allergies and modifications, and the chopped salad was TO DIE FOR! I've also been for brunch and that was equally fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste RestaurantMicki21Dined on 8/14/2014Great dining experience. Whether it's lunch with a client, after - theatre dinner with the girls or just dessert by myself, the food and service are always great. I live 35 miles away and it's always worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.