Taste on Melrose
8454 Melrose Ave
West Hollywood, CA 90069Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Taste on Melrose
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ilovetaste.com/
- Phone: 3238526888
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30 - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30 - 10:30pm Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:30am - 3:00pm
Happy Hour: Tuesday - Friday 3:00 - 6:00pm, Saturday-Sunday: 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Cathy Halter
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Small or Large parties - in house or off site full catering available.
Please contact: Laurel Valdez P: 323.630.3340
or email: email@example.com
You can also get more information and see pictures of our previous events on our Facebook page : ilovetasteEvents
- Private Party Facilities: For parties of 12 and more, please contact laurel Valdez for details.
Laurel@ilovetaste.com or P: 323.630.3340
- Private Party Contact: Laurel Valdez 3236303340
- Special Events: Wine Discovery Mondays with Half off Bottles of Wine
A word from Taste on Melrose
Taste on Melrose is Melrose Avenue friendliest neighbor, homey yet sophisticated. With its relaxed setting, updated American comfort cuisine and eminently moderate prices, Taste on Melrose offers everything that people are looking for in a neighborhood restaurant. Located in the mids of the swanky stretch of trend setting Melrose Avenue with the likes of Marc Jacobs and Diane Von Furstenburg. Taste on Melrose is a neighborhood favorite for stylish Angelinos with a preference for elegant surroundings and a comforting, laid-back dining experience. NOW FULL BAR.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Taste on Melrose - Best Restaurants in West Hollywood ›
Taste on Melrose reviews from OpenTable diners
189 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (108)neighborhood gem (107)fit for foodies (86)great for brunch (80)great for lunch (62)romantic (60)special occasion (56)hot spot (26)good for groups (20)notable wine list (10)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Absolutely Wonderful!CleanGreenShirtDined on 8/25/2014Went to Taste for the first time with friends and what an absolutely wonderful experience we had! The wait staff was perfect, totally friendly, and on top of their game. We had a party of 6 for our dear friend's birthday and they we're not only very accommodating with our reservation but also sincere & generous to our guest of the hour. The food is friggin' out of this world good. I had the pork chop & it was by far the best I've ever had in my life. Their mac & cheese lives up to it's fame & the risotto was very flavorful. Great deal on wine on Monday nights and the ambience/atmosphere is perfect, equal parts romantic and hip. Will definitely be returning, hear they have a great brunch too. THANK YOU TASTE for making it a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rocoffortDined on 8/22/2014Why are they carrying Rose chateau des Valentines ? It is the best in town ... And at the bar at the glass chateau Jeannette by the glass ?? Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wont seat till ALL your party showssillyruleDined on 8/20/2014So I eat here all the time but I arrived on Tuesday for a 7pm reservation and was told I couldn't be seated until my bf arrived. The place was empty! Not sure when you started this annoying current trendy LA restaurant rule but after driving in rush hour traffic for an hour im ready to sit relax & drink & check emails till he shows up. As I turned to leave and cross the street to Comme Ca the host grabbed me and told me he would make an exception. Other than that, the place is awesome, food is great, waiters are extremely knowledgeable about the food and specials, drinks are good, good ambiance & service the prix fix menu is a great idea but when there are 3 other amazing restaurants within 100 yards you have to be careful with your rulesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just love itkiskaDined on 8/19/2014I habe been to this place many times. Always good tasty food, friendly waiters and great people. Will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinneraminlaVIPDined on 8/17/2014We went to Taste to celebrate my birthday (I received a "complimentary bday entree" email) and it was the 2nd time we've visited there. The food and service were excellent. The meal was well prepared and delicious; the service, quick, friendly, and efficient. To top it off, at the end of the meal they presented me with a $20 gift card for my birthday. Overall we were very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- opentablefanVIPDined on 8/17/2014Couldn't believe it's been there for 9 years and this was our first visit, thank you Open Table. Very tasty food, reasonable prices and Key Lime Pie to die for. The Chicken tortilla soup was extremely good, many tastes blended into each delicious spoonful. I would have liked a bucket of it Almost forgot to mention the outstanding Mango Mojito.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!EmEatsTooMuchDined on 8/15/2014I came here with my family on a Friday night. Even tho it's a small venue, the loud atmosphere made it feel like we could catch up and talk about personal things without strangers overhearing us. The server was patient with all the food allergies and modifications, and the chopped salad was TO DIE FOR! I've also been for brunch and that was equally fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste RestaurantMicki21Dined on 8/14/2014Great dining experience. Whether it's lunch with a client, after - theatre dinner with the girls or just dessert by myself, the food and service are always great. I live 35 miles away and it's always worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!!!!SuzanneDined on 8/13/2014Wonderful salad but the Bread Pudding dessert and Onion Rings were the stars!!!Special Features:
- Oh what a lovely evening it was!mgfoodieVIPDined on 8/10/2014I came here to dinner with my mom to celebrate my birthday. My mom and I took a seat at the cozy bar, where Mark, the bartender served us. My mom had a classic martini and I had the lychee martini (so refreshing). We were seated and Nina was our waitress with a such a great vibe. We both ordered delicious pasta dishes. When it was time for dessert, my mom let Nina know it was my birthday. Nina points to Mark the bartender to show that he had told her! So not only did they bring out the gelato I ordered, but also a slice of cake with a candle in it! Nina hands me an envelope says, "For next time, and bring your mom with you." It was a gift card to use at the restaurant!! Who does that?? Only classy people who make a joint classy.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchOurfavDined on 8/10/2014As always great service and excellent food. Everyone working there is always smiling and happy. Staff very attentive and accommodating. One of those places you never have to worry what you will get. You can count on great service, great food and relaxing friendly atmosphere. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I miss this place.Foodie1Dined on 8/9/2014After moving from West Hollywood to Pasadena, I forgot how wonderful the food was at this little gem. Whatever you order from the menu excites the palette. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversay SpecialGoodEatsDined on 8/9/2014We made reservations for our Anniversary brunch. They were very kind and gave us the pick of seating. The eggs in brioche was the best I have ever had and it was nice to have a choice of potatoes or a lite and delicious green salad. My husband was had a wonderful rib and aged cheddar cheese sandwich. for our Anniversary they surprised us with a lite dessert of flourless chocolate cake, caramel ice cream and a crunchy side that made it even better. We were so delighted! I was also fun to people watch and the outside area was fresh and cool even in the warmth of summer. We will travel here again!Special Features:
- AMAZINGbdaybrunchVIPDined on 8/9/2014I came here to celebrate my birthday with a friend, and we had noted that it was my birthday in the reservation. Not only was the food amazing, but the service was incredible! They gave me both a hand written birthday card, AND a $20 gift card! Highly recommend this restaurant - the food is to die for, the service is awesome, and the decor and ambience is great.Special Features:
- Love TasteKSMLSDined on 8/6/2014Great ambience, impressive menu. Always a winning experience at Taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2014excellent service and food.. a myust great neighborhood spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/3/2014TASTE is consistently an excellent dining experience. Great staff as well.Special Features:
- Great casual placeElizabeth1Dined on 7/30/2014The food and cocktails were the best of this place. There were some cocktails that were not included in the menu that I only knew of because I visited the webpage before coming. Menu should list all cocktails that the restaurant serves. Especially if they are good (Cosmopolitan is on the Happy Hour Menu but if you come after Happy Hour, you will never see it since it is not part of the regular menu. Service was fair. No notable mention, althouth I appreciate we were seated fast with reservations. Ambiance is very casual and loud rather than quiet and upscale as the website photos seemed to indicate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average comfort foodAwinrmVIPDined on 7/27/2014Interesting menu....basically comfort food....fair prices....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DineLA2014DineLA2014Dined on 7/26/2014This place was so awesome! It was first time dining there and it certainly won't be my last. Food was great, service was also great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A reliable, old favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2014Taste is one of the most reliable restaurants in the WeHo/Hollywood area. The food is consistently inventive and delicious and the staff always professional and efficient. Its why my friends and I keep coming back.Special Features:
- Memorable AnniversaryMartaVIPDined on 7/25/2014We celebrated our 27th anniversary at Taste, and it was perfect. The serving staff was super attentive and was having fun with us! Starting with champagne and a grilled artichoke, the food was delicious. We enjoyed an enormous roasted vegetable and quinoa salad, as well as pasta and risotto. Everything tasted great. A totally enjoyable evening of reminiscing was made special by the folks at Taste. And, it was a very reasonable bill!!Special Features:
- Tasty findWOVVDined on 7/24/2014Delicious food, great location, friendly staff...A winner in my booksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go back!v44foodieDined on 7/23/2014It was my first time at Taste the service was great the atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very satisfiedveeRobVIPDined on 7/22/2014With a midnight flight out of LAX, I had time to enjoy a Restaurant Week meal before returning my rental car I had picked up a week prior in Las Vegas. After some discussion with 2 of my cousins, we settled on Taste on Melrose. I couldn't have been happier with our choice. Service was a bit slow, but restaurant layout and staff made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dineLAfirstOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014A friend and I went for DineLA and found Taste to have a great menu and atmosphere. If there's one thing that could use a little work it's service. When we went, it was by no means packed, but the waiter took his sweet time getting to us even though we were ready to order fairly quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014My sister and I made reservations for an early Saturday dinner and sat inside. Great ambiance and not too loud considering it is a small space. Loved the food - truffle mac and cheese and kobe beef meatball pasta - and received great service from our waitress. We also tried the key lime pie for dessert and an orange sorbet cocktail, which were both terrific. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- great experience!CaraVIPDined on 7/19/2014We came in for DineLa and had a great experience! Their portion sizes were fair for the price and the quality of the food and service were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch for Food AllegensBunchBeastDined on 7/19/2014The restaurant was very accommodating to food allergies. My friend has a gluten sensitivity and has allergies to some common food seasoning. Out server was very friendly and very reassuring that changes could be made and she wouldn't have to worry about not being able to eat her meal.Special Features:
- Friendly service...asenath7766Dined on 7/18/2014I went during during DineLA week and wanted to try their special menu. I must say for the price, it was rather underwhelming, with the exception of the desert, which was delicious. I got three little potato croquettes, which were cooled off and maybe one more would have been nice and the squid ink pasta with shrimp was not what I was expecting. It was too sweet, not enough balance between sweet and savory, and the pasta was tad overcooked. Overall texture was kind of slimy. I think they were going for exotic Thai style pasta, but for me it did not work. It's unfortunate, because that menu should shine, if you want show what your restaurant is about to a new customer. I will return because I want to try their regular menu.Special Features:
- Cute place but food was mediocreMonicaVIPDined on 7/18/2014The place was really cute and the atmosphere was nice, but the food was nothing to write home about and the cocktails were majorly watered down. The croquettes were pretty tasty and the mussels weren't bad, though I didn't love the abundance of cream in the sauce, but that's personal preference. However, my friend's shrimp pasta was a little bland and overly sweet. My pork schnitzel was OK, but a little heavy and a little oily. Not a bad place at all, but there are so many good restaurants in LA, I can't see myself returning here. Service was very nice though!
- Hip, great locationTexasMeetsLADined on 7/9/2014Great salads, great atmosphere, romantic, great location. Did not care for papaya meatball plate. All else was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the Salmon EntreeOverpricedVIPDined on 7/4/2014A great spot to enjoy before heading for a night out in WeHo! Affordable prices for the area with quality ingredients. We make it a stop for dinner or brunch every time we visit!Special Features:
- Love TastegtoddmVIPDined on 7/1/2014Taste is the perfect stop for brunch or dinner with friends. It is in a charming old house with patio and indoor seating. The menu changes, with favorites staying and new seasonal items appearing. The atmosphere is fun, the food is great and well priced. And the service is excellent. Nina has been my server many times, and she is an absolute delight. Any time I bring a friend to taste they love it. Truly a neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieInLADined on 6/30/2014One of our favorite restaurants. First time on a Monday night. Food is consistent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste Rocked for 2nd timeWendyWDined on 6/28/2014This was our 2nd time at Taste on Melrose and we liked it just as much as the first. It's just really wonderful food make with care. The waitress we had was fantastic, the GM was also very kind and stopped by our table to wish my husband a happy birthday. The blue crab and sweet corn risotto was a big hit with my husband and I liked the Crispy parmesan chicken paillard. We will certainly be coming back!Special Features:
- Always satisfiesWeazelDined on 6/23/2014Staying at the Elan hotel on Bev Blvd again meant we were in walking distance of Taste on Melrose so it was pretty much guaranteed that we would eat there again. Had the grilled romaine starter which was nice but too much sauce & cheese but a very nice appy anyway. Had the pulled pork grilled cheese sandwich but couldn't eat all the bread so just ate the insides. Cocktails were nice too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have a Taste On Melrose!!LoveGreatFoodDined on 6/22/2014This was my 1st visit for Brunch and I must say they made QUITE the impression on me. The staff was amazing upon arrival until we left! The two host at the door greeted me as soon as I walked through the doors (Major Plus.. Some places wait for YOU to speak first. I'm the guest, treat me as such!) I gave them my name for the reservation and they advised me that my party was at the bar waiting (They we're busy, yet remembered my friend at the bar.. Happier by the second!) They went to get her for me and sat me in the patio as I requested) food, mimosas, staff and service A+'s ALL AROUND!! Thank you Taser for a GREAT 1st experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happycamper2Dined on 6/21/2014Excellent food and good service, expensive cocktails! Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service soo sooOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/20/2014Food was great. This is a place I have been to before and time and again service is just okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.