Taste of Thai
874 Orleans Rd.
Charleston, SC 29407Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
Taste of Thai
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://tasteofthaicharleston.com/
- Phone: 8435738825x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday: 11:00am – 10:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm – 10:30pm, Sunday: 12:00pm – 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Thai
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Taste of Thai
Indulge yourself with exotic Thai food, beverages, and desserts from our family restaurant in Charleston, South Carolina. TASTE OF THAI invites you to dine at our brand-new Thai restaurant for lunch or dinner. Enjoy a fantastic array of traditional Thai cuisine prepared by our expert chef with 15 years of experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Taste of Thai reviews from OpenTable diners
- Taste of ThaiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2014It doesn't look like a lot from the outside. However the interior is very nice. The wait staff was very knowledgeable about the menu and had great suggestions on what to try. It was our first time there but it will not be our last.Special Features:
- Excellent, well cooked Thai foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014This restaurant is in an out of the way neighborhood unless you are going to the Citadel Mall; however, it is worth the trek. The staff are all Thai; they care about how they prepare their food; their veggies are all fresh and cooked to crisp… not over cooked. Their spices are mild; however, you can ask for more heat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit. Ordered a fishbillDined on 2/12/2014First visit. Ordered a fish dish. The fish was very nice but the accompanying veggies were over cooked. I seemed that the kitchen was over matched by the diners
- Great Thai RestaurantRickwDined on 1/8/2014This the best Thai food I have ever had, and I am 76 years of age! Prices are reasonable and the portions are substantial. Wine list brief but adequate and reasonably priced. Food quality is consistent. Have had lunch and dinner at Taste of Thai many times. If you like Thai cuisine, don't miss this restaurant. Service is excellent. Wait staff knowledgable and polite. Four stars in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thai foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/7/2013We often dine at Taste of Thai and have yet to be disappointed. Always great food at reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Thai foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/5/2013We love Thai cuisine and have never been disappointed with Taste of Thai. Always a good meal at a reasonable price. It's one of our go-to places when we don't feel like heading into downtown Charleston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay, but I won't be back.SarahDined on 10/28/2013My friends wanted to go here for dinner and many of them raved about it, but I was left completely unimpressed. Maybe I am spoiled by the food scene in Charleston, but this was lack-lustre at best. My summer rolls were not very good and the wrapper was kind of crunchy (this should not happen with rice wrappers!) My entree was okay, but the seafood in it was clearly pre-frozen and very fishy tasting. $22 for one person who had no drinks/wine is ridiculous for a meal of this quality. I could have gone so many better places for that amount of money!Special Features:
- Ten across the BoardOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2013Having eaten there several times, we decided to arrange a dinner - in honor of a special occasion - at Taste of Thai. As always, the food was phenomenal. We ordered our favorites, which was the Pad Thai, Three-Flavor Fish, Beef & Vegetables, etc. We were placed in a private room, which gives us much privacy from the others that were dining there as well. The service was lacking a little though, when they were not able to refill our drinks as they need to be. Regardless, everything else was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice for Thai.BirdGuy7VIPDined on 3/29/2013This was our first visit here and we were very happy with the choice. We will definately return. I think the food here is better than Basil but I like both places. Basil is a little more upscale but Taste of Thai is more traditional. I had the Ginger Fish (tilapia) and it was a generous filet and beautifully prepared and presented. My wife had the Yellow Curry with Shrimp which was also good. I'm happy to find a place with yellow curry. Delicious crab wontons to start and green tea ice cream to finish. Good service as well. They do a good take out business as well.
- This place was perfect forThisguydinerDined on 10/31/2012This place was perfect for dinner and a movie. It's located right next to the mall where the theatre is. That made it very convenient. Other than that it wasn't anything too special. The place was clean, the service was attentive without being too intrusive, the food was great. I have no complaints at all. I will definitely be coming back.
- Great Thai!NYCFoodyVIPDined on 9/13/2012Don't be mislead by the strip mall restaurants.....this has little decor and I would have passed it up in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the other reviews. My husband and I enjoyed lunch so much that we will be going back!Special Features:
- Food was great. Didn't understandOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012Food was great. Didn't understand why they would not take my open table $20 gift certificate.