Taste of India - Pensacola
810 E Gregory Street
Pensacola, FL 32501Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Taste of India - Pensacola
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.newtasteofindia.com/
- Phone: 8504393005
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Sun 11-3 Mon - Sun 5-9
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine Bar
A word from Taste of India - Pensacola
India, the land of the enchanted, with its varied cultural practices, is tied together by the invisible commonality of its exotic cuisine. It is celebrated for the variety of its dishes based on the artful combination of spices developed over many centuries. Let us thus embark on a culinary journey through the rich traditions and delicate flavors that symbolize the sub-continent. We at THE TASTE OF INDIA offer a richly-varied menu of high quality ingredients, wholesome curries and house toasted spices and spice mixes. All of our food is freshly-prepared on the premises with a lot of attention to detail. It is our hope that you leave us satisfied and with a desire that keeps you coming back.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Taste of India - Pensacola - Best Restaurants in Pensacola ›
Taste of India - Pensacola reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelQuiet
great for lunch (1)Show More
- Needle in a haystack.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014Overall 4 out of 5, losing one star due to it's location and infrastructure/ambiance. NEGATIVES: Outside decor/theme was obsolete making it not attractive. Seating arrangement is better for a group/family than couple dates. The location doesn't help it either, I don't feel that a lot of traffic come through that direction, especially being on a one-way. POSITIVES: Reservation was made 3 hours in advance and they had table set and ready for me when I arrived. I've been to fancier restaurants that wouldn't even have done that. Service was superb! I had almost everyone from the wait/management staff come by at least once to greet or wait on me. Their recommendations were spot on. The food was delicious and came out in a timely manner.Special Features:
- Taste of indiaERGIDined on 3/30/2014The menu has a lot to choose from, so we need to come back to try more of the dishes offered. We had the chicken masala and the lamb masala. I thought the lamb masala had a better sauce with more spices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedPepperkinpyeDined on 3/10/2014We'd heard mixed reviews but were pleasantly surprised by Taste of India. We ordered the vegetable samosas, taste of India Tandoori grill, and garlic naan. I had a mango lassi and my wife had an Indian shiraz. The service was quick and the food was delicious. We think the lamb was actually mutton but still very tender. The manager, Rudy, came by at the end of the meal to see how we liked it and talked for a while about northern Indian cuisine. We're looking forward to trying their buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B-day Party for my fiancé!Lirpa20Dined on 2/22/2014We had a party of 14, adults & children! Everyone had a great time the owners & staff were super attentive & friendly!!! We will definitely be back!!Special Features:
- Very good menu selection.BalooDined on 2/15/2014Very good menu selection. Staff was very helpful in selecting entrees. Food was very flavorful. Definitely will go back. Restaurant is kind of small so get there early and/or make reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not expected in PensacolaOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/7/2014We didn't expect to find Indian food in Pensacola, let alone great Indian food. The food was fantastic and the service was very friendly. The building appears to be an old fast food joint which provided less ambiance. We'll definitely return when we are back in Pensacola.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Meal!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/4/2013We so enjoyed our meal at the Taste of India! We love Indian food and were thrilled to find this gem in Pensacola. The owner visited our table early on and asked about our experience with Indian food, we replied that we had a few favorites and he made suggestions for each of us. We all loved both of the lamb dishes as well as the samosas! Everything was prepared to perfection and the service was very good as well. We will definitely eat here again on our next trip to Pensacola!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ordered Tandori Grill andBetteVIPDined on 6/10/2012Ordered Tandori Grill and never got the Sheesh Kabab that was supposed to be included. Heavy on Chicken Tikka. The papadams served were left over from the day before as they were soggy and not crisp. Asked for fresh ones. We should not have had to ask for fresh ones. Ordered soup and it came with the meal - so here is the hot soup with fish curry, rice and Naan - so after the soup was finished, the fish curry was now cool. This restaurant needs Gordon Ramsey to shape it up!!!!!