Taste of India II
287 New Dorp Lane
Staten Island, NY 10306Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Taste of India II
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://tasteofindia2.com/
- Phone: 7189874700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm, Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Raman Kumar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer off-premises catering delivered to your home/event place. Call us for further information or check our web site.
- Entertainment: Background soothing classical Indian music.
A word from Taste of India II
Taste of India II has been established on New Dorp Lane since 1990. It continues to offer a sophisticated fine dining experience with effortlessly charming staff and discreet service. It is the reinvented combination of a restaurant, lounge, bar, and event space. At Taste of India, we invite you to take a culinary journey through India, to savor and discover new ingredients and dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Taste of India II - Best Restaurants in Staten Island ›
Taste of India II reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (2)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Great eats...BigfoodieDined on 9/2/2014Great place to eat and to take your date for a romantic dinnerSpecial Features:
- The following 15 reviews are from the Taste of India II reviews archive.
- Taste of IndiaChuckDined on 6/20/2014Great Neighborhood Gem , I would take my party back there again, food was out of this world and the service was great, this was my first time eating Indian food and the staff was great helping me choose what too eatSpecial Features:
- ExcellentDee826VIPDined on 5/24/2014This was our 2nd time here. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jwtmDined on 5/10/2014Great food. Excellent staff and service. Renovated interior with beautiful athmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!MichelleGVIPDined on 5/3/2014Great food and service - as always! We've been coming here for over 20 years - it's always great.Special Features:
- Very Satisfying Easter DinnerDocHandDined on 4/20/2014Went for Easter Dinner. Three of us. Greeted with a big smile. Immediately seated. Delania was a terrific server! Food was excellent! Drinks were fine! Overall very happy with the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for Indian foodKenFDined on 4/11/2014We went to a different Indian restaurant initially (on Clove Road), but after waiting for over 15 minutes for someone to take our drink order in an empty restaurant, we bailed and went to Taste of India instead. This place is terrific - the food is really good, nice menu selections, and the service is spot on. We've been back several times since, recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemsIdinnerDined on 3/29/2014One of my favorite spots to eat on Staten Island. Great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Indian FoodchipbhiDined on 3/29/2014Taste of India II served us what I consider classic Indian dishes, and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The food was excellent and the service was too. Their Samosas were outstanding and so were our entrees. The restaurant was a little pricy, but the food made it worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Indian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/20/2014This is our favorite Indian restaurant. The decor is beautiful, service is efficient and kind. The restaurant offers a large menu. The nan bread is fabulous-try the Special Nan with raisins, almonds. Everything is delicious. The dishes are soulful, full of warmth and flavor. The weekend lunch buffet is a great deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staten island's best kept secretsIdinnerDined on 3/8/2014Never heard of this place in all the years I have lived on Staten Island. I wanted to try something new and after googling I found this place. I'm glad i did. Best food ive had in a while. Staff was friendly and the atmosphere was great. My only dislike like was how long it took for them to take my order. They become packed very quickly so make a reservation. Also, they sat me near the bar which I disliked cause it was so busy, people were constantly passing through, request a table in a different room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Indian FoodBoatergirlDined on 1/1/2014This place has THE BEST Indian food! I have been to Jackson Heights, NYC, etc and this place is always the best food! They are consistently excellent with food and service. It is really nice inside since they re-did it. Looks like a restaurant in Manhattan but with better prices. Food quality is amazing! Please continue being the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan friendly. The mixedAuntieDined on 11/5/2013Vegan friendly. The mixed vegetables dish was outstanding . Very tasty. Excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeDeeAnnDined on 10/16/2013Delicious food and excellent service!! We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food/restaurant, but pricyShaD1224Dined on 10/4/2013As an Indian raised on Staten Island, I have visited this restaurant a handfull of times over the past 10 years. Food has ALWAYS been fantastic. It seems the prices went up after their remodel and I think they are a little unreasonable. Example, Naan is $2.50, Garlic Nan is $5.00, that seems just absoultely excessive - $2.50 more for garlic! haha. The prices are comparable to Manhattan prices, which is not common on Staten Island. Is it worth it? That depends on personal preferrence. This is likely THE BEST Indian restaurant on Staten Island, so it's certainly worth the trip, but I can personally find great Indian food for less.....just have to leave the Island. We were lucky to have used an Amazon local deal-saved a litte $$.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little spice & everything's niceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2013I never experienced Indian food & this was the perfect place to start. The ambiance was cozy, warm & inviting. We began w some nan, Channa poori (chick peas w herbs & spices) & the meat snack platter (mix of chicken/lamb bites & meat samosas). Entree was lamb in a fresh tomato/garlic/ginger sauce (Boti - Kabab masala) & lamb in a rich almond creamy sauce (Shahi Korma). The sauces are perfectly mixed w spices -NOT spicy to burn, but perfectly mild enough to please your taste buds (we're not fans of overwhelming spicy food). We paired it w a good wine suggested off their wine list: Gnarly Head Cabernet Sauvignon 2011. Wait staff were extremely considerate. Definitely a wonderful dining experience. Looking forward to our next visit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.