3418 Olney-Laytonsville Road
Olney, MD 20832Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tastemezze.com/
- Phone: 3017742500
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Lenny Robinson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Each event is unique and can be discussed with a meeting prior to each catering event.
- Private Party Facilities: With large enough private venues, Taste Mezze will close the restaurant for your private event.
- Private Party Contact: Jeff Goldstein 3017742500
- Entertainment: We have live Jazz resuming in September every Saturday of the month starting back up in September from 7:30-10:30pm
We also have Dinner, DJ and Dancing once a month on Fridays.
A word from Taste Mezze
We are committed to providing only the freshest and highest quality of authentic Mediterranean food.Continued
With distinctive style, we have created a unique restaurant experience and original recipes tailored after the owners family favorites.
With distinctive style, we have created a unique restaurant experience and original recipes tailored after the owners family favorites.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Taste Mezze reviews from OpenTable diners
- We loved all the amazing flavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/10/2013We loved all the amazing flavors and how perfectly everything was prepared. Staff made excellent recommendations and we went home talking about the food for days! I need to wear elastic pants next time so I can try more new things.Special Features:
- We had dinner at 5:30 on aOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/10/2013We had dinner at 5:30 on a Sunday, so the restaurant was almost empty. However, when we left at about 7pm, it was quite busy. The food was fabulous, the service was exceptional and the waiter was very helpful and pleasant. I recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:
- Portions are really small...OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/2/2013Portions are really small... I know tapas... but this was a redicilious. The flatbread was yummy but portion was tiny. The waiter was great in the beginning but less attentive towards the end.... Remember to fill the water please. The lamb kapama was DELICIOUS and a good sized portion.Special Features:
- Noisy and expensive for whatRichardVIPDined on 1/26/2013Noisy and expensive for what is being provided. If one is going to spend $200 for four people, there are better places to spend it.
- Always enjoy dinners at Taste.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/13/2013Always enjoy dinners at Taste. This time went for brunch and really enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- This place went downhilllahorvVIPDined on 1/11/2013I didn't find the food to be nearly as good as it used to be - everything was just OK. Maybe just an off night. Our waitress was terrible. Slow, hardly visited, bad attitude. When she brought me a mojito, it tasted like a bunch of rum mixed with some water. I told her something just wasn't right. I drink lot's of mojitos. This wasn't close to a mojito. Then she asked what was wrong with it, as she had made it...not the bartender. She took it back, put it in a larger glass and added some sprite. That was the fix. Terrible still. Didn't even stick around for my favorite course - dessert - I just wanted the meal to be over. The other staff seemed very very pleasant and helpful, for what it's worth.
- Worth checking outOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/11/2013Enjoyed the food and the ambiance. I had braised lamb sliders and one of the guys who works there suggested I taste it with the tzatziki sauce and it tasted even better. I also tried the chicken souvlaki as well and that was also good. Presentation of the food is excellent and that matched with the tasting of the food as well. I will return and look forward to trying something different.Special Features:
- Food was outstanding! smallHopsVIPDined on 1/5/2013Food was outstanding! small plates/medium plates...it's hard to not order one of everything. That's all I need to say.Special Features:
- Fantastic food & great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/4/2013Fantastic food & great service every time - Taste is the best Olney surprise in many years!
- My favorite tapas place.MteaNestDined on 12/27/2012My favorite tapas place. The portions are just right and the food is very flavorful. Definitely put this one on your list.Special Features:
- Even though it's a Mezze experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2012Even though it's a Mezze experience, a few more greens on the salad or a few more grains in the risotto would have ceated a nicer small plate. These seem quite skimpy, although what we ordered was tasty and authentic.Special Features:
- Three friends and I enjoyedCupcakeDined on 12/11/2012Three friends and I enjoyed our lunches at Taste, although we were expecting to have small plates (mezze) and they were not on the menu at that time. It is a creative menu with interesting choices, appetizers, sandwiches and salads,but not much in the way of a dessert selection (baklava or mousse).Special Features:
- I thought the food was fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/7/2012I thought the food was fantastic! The service was terrific. The noise level was so loud it was difficult to have a conversation. The restaurant is a little too small to have loud music playing.Special Features:
- This was my second trip toplhrehDined on 12/4/2012This was my second trip to Taste. Wonderful place. It doesn't look like much from outside, being part of a strip mall, but the food is great and service is impeccable. Some of the two top tables are really close together, so if it is a crowded night - you might just get chummy with your neighbors.Special Features:
- The food was very good, weLynn429VIPDined on 11/30/2012The food was very good, we had a great lunch! Definitely will be back for more, I was also impressed by the number of vegetarian options.Special Features:
- It's fun to shareOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/23/2012An excellent place to go with a group of friends or just one special friend and order a variety of dishes. Definitely recommend the white cosmo cocktails! Loved the filet mignon skewers and stuffed eggplant, and the baklava for dessert is the best I've ever had.Special Features:
- While we had quiet, it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/28/2012While we had quiet, it was nite before storm, not many (hardly any) people there! Their loss, our gain!Special Features:
- Very little room between theFamulan28VIPDined on 10/20/2012Very little room between the tables - no privacy. Very little low music. Waitress did not seem that friendly.
- This was yet another findcreativeaddictVIPDined on 10/20/2012This was yet another find of a restaurant new to me, discovered searching OpenTable. Run by a Greek chef-owner, 'gourmet mediterranean' is an apt descriptor. Three of us shared several different dishes, including two desserts, with every one a winner in the freshness-flavor-presentation departments. A new local fave! Thanks again Lewis & OpenTable!
- Used a Groupon for 3 courseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/14/2012Used a Groupon for 3 course meal- excellent value. Was really pleased with the food and the service. WOuld definitely go back.Special Features:
- A very nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2012Had a coupon for this place - and I was impressed with the choices. Very tasty, service excellent. They have special events they put on every now and then that I thought was a nice touch, can't remember what they were advertising at the time, but there was a choice of two different seating times and the menu was fixed. I have twice been to this restaurant when the selection of food was limited to a special menu and I feel the food offering was every bit as good as the regular menu. We were there once when there was live music and once when there wasn't. The music was nice but unobtrusive. Tables a bit cramped together was my only complaint - sort of felt you were almost seated at the next table.Special Features:
- Fantastic place for smallMetroFoodieVIPDined on 10/12/2012Fantastic place for small plates and for true Mediterrannean food. It's authentic and fresh, and service is always dependable.Special Features:
- We have been several timesOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/7/2012We have been several times and enjoy the small plates. For a change it was not crowded (Sunday evening) and was quiet. Food is good and we always try something different. Service was good-we do not want all the plates to come at the same time. Olney has added a number of good places to eat in the past few years and Taste is a welcome addition too.Special Features:
- Taste is a nice place tuckedplhrehDined on 10/6/2012Taste is a nice place tucked into a strip mall. It surprises you with its ambiance as you walk in. The place was crowded and not very big, so it is tight. The food was all very good, presented wonderfully, and the menu has a great selection to pick from. The hard part was limiting what to order! My only complaint is how close the tables are to each other.Special Features:
- There wasn't a bad dish onmntransplantDined on 10/5/2012There wasn't a bad dish on the menu--and we tried many. Wait staff was attentive and great. We will definately be back.Special Features:
- What a great find! ThankOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2012What a great find! Thank you, Open Table -- I never would have known about this place otherwise. The atmosphere is absolutely chic; totally out of character but VERY WELCOMED in Olney! The server did an excellent job explaining how much food we should order. Some dishes took longer to come out than we'd like, but they were worth waiting for. It was very loud -- "energetic" is an understatement. The biggest problem we had was finding this restaurant -- the address provided on Open Table is incorrect!Special Features:
- Top Olney DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/22/2012Consistently good food. This time we also enjoyed superior service: took to heart our request to slow it down. Wine list may be short, but the selections are good and reasonably priced. Only quibbles are that the tables are very close together and the space could use some sound dampening.Special Features:
- During redskins game..great timingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2012Been here twice, food was great both times. First time they overbooked and we had to wait 30 mins for our table. This time we were seated right away and had a great waiter.Special Features:
- slow night and the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/16/2012slow night and the service was just as slow; which i would not have minded except that they brought out the vegetables (side) and we waited another 15 minutes before the entrees were brought out.
- Very reasonably priced glassesanonymousDined on 9/8/2012Very reasonably priced glasses of wines. We had the prix fixe deal and enjoyed all our choices except for the chicken with apricots, because I couldn't find any apricots! The waitress kindly took it back to the kitchen, where it emerged with maybe two. Just thought that dish wasn't nearly as tasty as the rest. Noise level was higher than we usually are willing to deal with but because we really liked the food (with the one exception) we will definitely go back.
- We had heard from severalOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2012We had heard from several friends that Taste was a wonderful dining experience. We were not disappointed. The small plates are wonderful, and allow you to "taste" many of their specialties at once - every one of them a winner! The service was friendly and expedient. Jeff was entertaining and informative. We look forward to returning for their new brunch menu. The bloody marys sound fantastic!Special Features:
- Very good mezze. Half pricedLarryVIPDined on 8/29/2012Very good mezze. Half priced wine night is a plus. recommend more variety on the wine list
- The food was delicious! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2012The food was delicious! The staff were very attentive. We would definitely come again!Special Features:
- Small plates with a GreekLongTimeEaterVIPDined on 8/19/2012Small plates with a Greek flavor. Very nice. Helpful service.Special Features:
- The food is fabulous and theFrozenDined on 8/17/2012The food is fabulous and the service is wonderful. The owner and manager are on top of their game, attending to customers and providing a welcoming atmosphere.Special Features:
- Once again, Taste did notOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/17/2012Once again, Taste did not disappoint. I was there with 3 generations of family - and everybody LOVED it! Taste has quickly become my favorite local restaurant.Special Features:
- Wonderful food. I meant toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2012Wonderful food. I meant to reserve for Friday the 17th, which is why you didn't have us down when we arrived, but staff was attentive and got us a table as soon as they could. I plan to try your Sunday Brunch soon. Crabcake/hot slaw dish just great.Special Features:
- Food was excellent. We hadHalADined on 8/3/2012Food was excellent. We had the filet steak, lamb meatballs, and the scallops. A bit loud, and a bit pricey.Special Features:
- Great local place in OlneyhornVIPDined on 8/1/2012Great local place in Olney with unique food. Loved all their plates. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features: