99 Quaker Meeting House Road
Farmingdale, NY 11735Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.taste99.com/
- Phone: 5165019700x143
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday-Sunday: 5:30am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday-Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Wednesday-Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: Paul Haizlip
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Have your next birthday, anniversary or retirement party at Taste 99! We cater to any small function, whether it is a bridal shower, baby shower, baptism, communion, graduation party, etc., and will work with you to create a custom event that will exceed all expectations. Call 516-501-9700 for more information.
- Private Party Contact: John Marin 5165019700x
- Special Events: Party in the Park: Live Music Wednesdays begins June 11th with That 70's Band performing every week all summer long! Free admission. Weather permitting. Happy Hour @ 5pm. Concert @ 8pm. Raw Bar, Outdoor BBQ, Cafe menu and Designer Cocktails available for purchase.
A word from Taste 99
A true American Bistro, Taste 99 Restaurant at Bethpage State Park is truly one-of-a-kind. With its laid-back atmosphere and extraordinary cuisine created by Executive Chef Paul Haizlip, Taste 99 is a fusion of classic presentation and world class, cutting-edge style. You can dine outside on the patio overlooking the Bethpage Black® golf course, – home of the 2002 & 2009 U.S. Open – or inside our stately grand dining room with an authentic full service bar. Either way, the food and the service will keep you coming back for more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContinental
Taste 99 - Best Restaurants in Farmingdale ›
Taste 99 reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (16)great for outdoor dining (14)romantic (6)special occasion (6)good for groups (5)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (3)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Major disappointmentMarkDined on 9/13/2014The website makes this look like an elegant lunch, brunch or dinner spot overlooking the majestic Bethpage Black course. Instead it is an old, tired, rundown room with furniture to match. The wait staff on a Saturday for lunch was bored, inattentive and generally MIA. Food was mediocre at best. Soup was lukewarm. One of four lunches was not the food that was ordered. When the waitress was told, she essentially shrugged and gave an "Oh well" look. No apology, no offer to exchange for correct order. Worst Bloody Mary in a long time. Vodka, BM mix and nothing else. No garnish of any kind, no spice, etc. I would not go back for a meal here.
- ServiceShellDined on 8/9/2014The Service at Taste 99 was excellent. Our waitress, Laura, was efficient, attentive - without smothering - and professional. A great plus for Taste 99.Special Features:
- Very happyKathieDined on 8/6/2014Hard to find after you pull in the parking lot as there are no signs directing you to the restaurant, but worth the find! Delicious!Special Features:
- Taste 99OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014We went to the Monday night Seafood Buffet. Unfortunately our waitress paid absolutely no attention to us. When we got up to go back to the buffet our dirty dishes were still on the table when we returned several times. She never once offered us coffee or tea with dessert. The good was good. The lobster was probably the best and I would have been happy to have just had lobster. The mussels were sandy. They could have used more vegetables than the two different types of potatoes they served. It is a good value and I wouldn't hesitate to go again. Hopefully we will have a different wAitress next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice viewJohnDined on 7/31/2014We dined inside but outside seating is available also. The directions are a more then a little vague but when we found the place we were seated promptly. Kevin, our waiter was friendly, attentive and professional. He took our drink order and explained the days specials gave us time to decide and served us spot on. Our meals were very good I had the rack of lamb cooked perfectly medium rare as ordered my wife had the seared scallops very tasty. All in all a very nice night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for special occasiontennismanDined on 7/28/2014The restaurant is a bit hard to find. There is no sign on the outside. We had the seafood buffet and the food is good. We had a window table overlooking the golf course which is beautiful. Good place to dine for special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood Buffetrose09Dined on 7/14/2014I enjoyed the space, setting (overlooking the golf course), lovely orchestra and quite good singer playing classic Frank Sinatra tunes enjoyable. Kind of had the feeling I was attending a wedding or catered affair. However, I found the chowder a bit watery, calamari not my favorite, and lobsters were served in parts and pieces, so you had to keep going back for more which took away from the relaxed dining aspect. The table for two was rather small as well. I suppose I would have preferred a more intimate setting being served with this lovely music playing, and not buffet style. There was a dessert table as well, however, coffee was an extra charge which I found petty.Special Features:
- Went to taste 99 for lunchJayreeDined on 7/5/2014Service was outstanding. The menu was limited. Food quality was not top quality. mostly had hoped for more options on menu. Rather than French fries as a side...it would have been good if we had a Choice of rice or mashed potatoes, a healthier choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 126 reviews are from the Taste 99 reviews archive.
- No lobster on lobster nightDisappointedDined on 6/30/2014We were then given braclets at the table at 800 for our reservations and headed to the buffet to learn that they have run out of lobster by 800 on lobster night We then went back to the table and waited for 15 min hoping we would be able to talk to the server about this situation and wanting to see a menu, i then finally after getting tierd of waiting walked to the hostess stand to ask for a manager to see if we would be charged for the lobster. She was fairly pleasent and explained we wouldnt be charged. On top of that the rest of the food on the buffet was ok except for the lobster bisque which we agreed was uneatable. The service was terrible. We only saw him twice at the table and the second time had to ask someone to get him
- MaryDined on 6/21/2014excellent restaurant. very personable waitress. wonderful wine and martini. nice atmosphere. will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Superb!SamNAntDined on 6/15/2014We loved absolutely everything, including the view! Spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved outdoor setting..good serviceHonestAnnieDined on 6/14/2014We enjoyed the outdoor seating. We ordered Thai mussels which were tasty...some never opened or manager generously gave us a second order. Lettuce wedge was ok but needed more dressing. Hamburger & chicken club were huge. Taste 99 was a great surprise, and we will definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceSJNYCDined on 6/6/2014My first time here, the place was a bit hard to find given the name was not on the outside of the building. The food was awesome good portion, sitting outside overlooking the golf course was beautiful.Special Features:
- Wouldn't come here to eatfunlovingchicaDined on 6/1/2014I had made reservations for Sunday for a lunch. It was a reservation for 8 people. When we were arrived we weren't shown where to sit. When we found the table it wasn't setup. The waiter asked us what we'd like to drink and to find out that they couldn't make any drinks, so the only choices were: water and lemonade. When our food came to the table the waiter gave us the wrong food and it had to be returned twice. I was really embarrassed and disappointed because I had made these reservations here because the reviews to this place were great. Yes the view of the golf course is really beautiful, but besides that I don't see anything good about this restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice place to try outlovingfoodDined on 5/24/2014The service was GREAT! The appetizers were so delicious. We had a fabulous waitress. She was personable and helpful and got everything right! All the food came out quickly. There were 4 of us and we all ordered different appetizers. Duck pizza, crab cakes, mussels, and shrimp cocktail. All yummy. We were all very happy and now looking forward to our entrees. Next we had ordered salads. Not so great. The Caesar salad was a bit tasteless. Ok, not to bad, but wish it had more flavor. And no one came by to ask us if we wanted fresh pepper. Dinner...The stuffed chicken was dry, the duck was over cooked and the seafood melody was ok. The Striped Bass was good but could have had more flavor to it. Try the place at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal11YRSNCOUNTINGDined on 5/17/2014This was our second time at Taste 99. We went for our Wedding Anniversary and it was a very enjoyable experience. We would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Mothers DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014My experience was wonderful after 36 years of marriage my wife finally accepted our invitation to go out on Mothers Day. After her experience at Taste 99 she said she wants to do it every year with the family. Thank You Thank You and Thank YouSpecial Features:
- Delicious & DelightfulmegahDined on 5/1/2014My husband and I had dinner at Taste 99. It was our first time there and it won't be our last. We liked everything about it. We had a window table that gave us a spectacular view. Our server Laura was delightful, helpful and attentive. There were a lot of tempting choices on the menu. I had the crab cakes for the appetizer coarse and they were very delicious as was the little side salad of arugula that came with them. My husband had the fried calamari. They were tender and yummy. The portion was huge! My husbands panko crusted salmon was the best we have ever tasted. My telapia with crab was fabulous. Even the coffee was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Customer ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Our anniversary reservation was cancelled at the last minute by the restaurant. I called and spoke with Michael, the manager, who apologized and said a party was being held in the big room. He asked us to still come in and he would make us a special dinner in a private room. He certainly made the night memorable - our private room was quiet and beautiful with gorgeous views of the golf course, a huge big screen TV (so we could watch our hockey playoffs), and he had a nice bottle of champagne chilling in there for us. The service was excellent and the food wonderful. We will definitely go back to a restaurant which treats their customers so wonderfully.Special Features:
- Taste 00GlobaltravelerVIPDined on 4/17/2014First I came in the wrong door and couldn't find the restaurant (they need signs) and then I was seated at a table with a dirty window so I couldn't look out onto the beautiful greens (golf course). I later requested to be relocated to a clean window. I ordered the calamari appetizer and the duck breast and leg confit entree. The calamari was decent but the lemon Parmesan aioli sauce was a little too delicate for the calamari (I think they forgot the Parmesan cheese), but it was good. Now for the entree - leave it to an American restaurant to cook duck breast done so that it is a tough as shoe leather. On the other hand, the petite carrots were not cooked at all. They should have been slightly braised. I definitely will not return.
- Better Menu Continuesc5028Dined on 4/13/2014Still appreciating the updated menu which was a much needed change from the drab prior offerings. Now the wine menu has changed.......... not better, not worse but changed. Bread basket had 4 non-distinct, bland rolls ..... absent of flatbreads and other better prior offerings Unfortunately, the white cotton tablecloths were gone leaving a bare, scratched wooden table as the platform for $30 entrees which seems out of place. I understand that new tablecloths are coming. All in all..... good but off from last time.Special Features:
- Great New Menuc5028Dined on 3/29/2014Went from I'm "not sure what I want" menu to "which one will I have" from so many good choices. Caesar Salad was good with better amount of shaved cheese. My wife had the rack of lamb which was excellent and I had the crusted salmon which was the best salmon I've had and was a generous portion. The new white cotton tablecloths and napkins were very much appreciuated additions. Service was good as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste 99 FOR SURE!AncientWarriorDined on 3/21/2014It was our first time there, and certainly won't be our last! What a gem, right in our neighborhood, that we didn't even know existed. Thanks to Groupon, now we do. The surprises continued all night. Here's the night: valet parking; dining area is large room with high vaulted ceiling overlooking the 18th hole of Black Course at Bethpage Park; seated at the window overlooking patio which would be great place to dine in the summer; bus boy was there immediately with water, and 1 minute later hot bread & butter, my weakness!; waitress arrived a minute later, took drink order, and before I could butter a roll she was back! Had to be the fastest turnaround I ever experienced! Salmon dinner was best I ever had! Wife loved the scallops. AAAA+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better This Timec5028Dined on 3/2/2014We returned again to use a Groupon. We ordered a bottle of wine two caesar salads and the onion crested chicken over risotto.Caesar salad hadpossibly no croutons, no anchovies and specks of cheese rather than shaved parmesan. It vastly improved when a request for anchovies was met.. I should have also requested grated cheese. The onion crusted chicken breast and risotto were excellent and arrived hot. The service was very good. John appeared to be the manager and several other tables were occupied with potential catering customers sampling food for potential events. One appeared to have a very nice antipasto which unfortunately wasn't on the menu.Special Features:
- Not just a golfer's eateryBatmanDined on 2/22/2014excellent service .. our waiter was great. food was spot on.. lamb chop and filet special was delicious.. and skirt steak was done just right. wine list a little thin but all in all will continue to go backSpecial Features:
- Taste 99GenoDined on 2/19/2014We have been here before, spacious dining room with a golf club dining feel. Food was excellent, service was terrific, our server could not have been friendlier. With snow outside on the golf course made for a scenic evening view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for valentines dinnerDawenDined on 2/14/2014althought the weather outside was very winterish, but you felt cozy inside. the services was terrific in general. the waitresses were courteous and the manager greeted us when we first walked in the door. the entire ambience was just perfect for a valentines day evening dinner, especially when the harpist started her romantic music. the food were all prepared in a very exquisite way. my entry was the salmon, that was the best salmon I ever had in a restaurant. the chocolate cake was also the best in its kind. My wife and I really enjoyed the entire experience. we would definitely be going back there in the future and would highly recommend to our friends and whoever who like to hve a nice dinner in a special place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste 99 on the GreenRx4DiningDined on 2/12/2014I've dined here before and always loved the food. This time was a tad disappointing. The Crab & Corn soup was delicious ... great flavor and consistency. I usually order fish, but this time I ordered a chicken dish. It was tasty but the chicken was on the dry side. The flowerless chocolate cake was very good ... not too sweet. I would return again and try another dish. The service is always terrific. The staff is friendly and very helpful. They comped the teas as a sign of good management. Overall, I like this restaurant and its ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good...nothing specialStaceVIPDined on 2/6/2014Like the title good, but nothing special. Except the crab cake app we got was amazing! Entrees were just fine. Nice selection of reasonably priced wine, nice atmosphere, good service. I would go back again...just wouldn't run back again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderdevlopedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/26/2014The food was okay and presentation was good. However, the interior of the restaurant had a very antique feel. You do not feel like dining in a restaurant but more at your Grandmother's home. The service was slow and it was difficult the waiter to notice the table. The restaurant itself was very difficult to find. It is located in one of the reception hall rooms.
- Decent.DarenDined on 1/24/2014I have a personal affection for the course so it's hard to be tough here. The food is consistent. I recommend the crab cakes. My filet mignon was wrapped in bacon. Decent. The waitress was friendly and made rrecommendations. The prices are very reasonable with dinner / drinks coming in at $100.00.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forever Changing - Not for Betterc5028Dined on 1/17/2014Food was actually OK but menu is not good. Very limited entrees and they keep eliminating favorites with replacements like Gnocchi Ragu for $25 while Lamb Chops and Pork Chops are gone.Special Features:
- Good Butc5028Dined on 12/8/2013Once the weather changes, the dining room seems to be empty most times. The scratched wooden tables could benefit form a linen or even paper table topper. Wine list was good and reasonably priced. Entrees were not to our taste but were good if not slightly high in price for what was offered. Perhaps they'll change up the entrees or provide a daily special. Scratched wooden tables don't go with $25 entrees. Menu lacks reliables......... no more rack of lamb, no lamb shanks, no double cut pork chops.... my wife tried the chicken Involtini (did not like the look or taste of the plate) and I had the gnocchi ragu (OK at $15 not $25). If we came again, we'd call for specials or stick with a medley of soup, salad and appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemSits26Dined on 11/27/2013Tucked away in a small storefront, "Taste99" is a modern take on an old-style bistro including food and decor! Service, food and atmosphere incomparable. Truly, a neighborhood gem!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went on a Sunday late afternoon,AudreyDined on 10/27/2013Went on a Sunday late afternoon, very limited menu and food was just ok. I think that the food was microwaved.Special Features:
- I have been here numerousjrccDined on 8/16/2013I have been here numerous times and enjoyed but this time one of our dinners was overcooked and then took at least 20 minutes to get her meal - we were all done. Additionally the service was extremely slow. From time of order to meal being delivered was at least 45 minutes. And might add there was only one other table in the restaurant the whole night.
- beautiful outdoor spaceLauski11Dined on 8/4/2013We've been here several times and it's always a pleasant experience. the food and service is good and servers are very pleasant! Great place for lunch.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/2/20132 ppl were parking when our server approached us. 20min til we saw her again. Another 15min to get a bottle of wine and a rum&coke served in a plastic cup. The food was delicious! Our server didn't check in until halfway in. We told her she forgot our side dish. She brought it w/o a serving spoon, so we used a knife to serve mashed potatoes. We tried to find our server to put candles in the dessert. We asked other staff that were no help bc they said they were in the middle of counting tips. Dessert came w/o plates or silver. We found forks. We ordered sorbet. When we told her she said "oh I didn't realize." On our way out some man yelled out "deuces!" Valet and a cobblestone driveway are false advertisings for such an unclassy place.Special Features:
- A Great Outdoor RestaurantPapaloDined on 5/16/2013We had lunch, with friends, at Taste 99. The view, overlooking the golf course, is spectacular. The food and the service were both excellent. I highly recommend Taste 99 for a memorable outdoor dining experience.Special Features:
- ExcitedIrishrose88Dined on 5/12/2013I truly enjoyed both experiences that I had at Taste 99! Everytime I go there it makes me more and more excited to have my wedding at Carlyle on the Green!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.