Tasso's Modern Greek Cuisine
220 S. Washington St.
Naperville, IL 60540Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Tasso's Modern Greek Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tassosgreekcuisine.com/
- Phone: 6303558852
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Executive Chef: Kostas Anyfantis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Check at www.tassosgreekcuisine.com for more information
- Special Events: We can accomodate any event up to 100 people
A word from Tasso's Modern Greek Cuisine
Dedicated to deliver great and fresh Greek food, Tasso"s Modern Greek Cuisine, opened its doors on December 29th 2009 in Naperville. A Greek restaurant that wants to distinguish its self from the rest with the introduction of the Modern Greek way of dining. A lot of deconstruction of the original recipes, introduction of different flavors, lighter sauces and a presentation with Chef's own twist completes this new experience of Greek food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tasso's Modern Greek Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
- Eva provided excellent serviceBruceVIPDined on 10/6/2012Eva provided excellent service and recommendations and the food was delicious. We had the stuffed salmon and the lamb baked with vegetables. The lamb was the best I ever had.Special Features:
- Overall, a good spot. I'mOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/6/2012Overall, a good spot. I'm not sure I understood the "modern" take on Greek favorites -- most of the menu looked like, well, Greek favorites. But the saganaki was very tasty, the mixed spreads were good (and generous in portion) and the lamb entree with artichokes was also well-prepared. The kids thought the egg lemon soup was outstanding. Not the best Greek restaurant I've ever been to, but certainly a solid option if you're craving Greek in downtown Naperville.Special Features:
- Really loved the authenticOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/29/2012Really loved the authentic Greek food. Will go there again.Special Features:
- Fabulous, as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2012As always, a wonderful dining experience. The waiter was friendly without being interfering, the food was delicious, their martini specials are very tasty...oopah!Special Features:
- Well worth itThenemDined on 9/22/2012Really impressed with the food at this place. The flavors are authentic and real. They don't hold anything back. I would the same meal again it was made so well. Never had more tender lamb. The steak was perfection . The oven roasted potatoes were to die for!Special Features:
- Not my first visit. A consistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/19/2012Not my first visit. A consistently good experience. All your standard Greek favorites plus some items I don't see often. Wait staff attentive without hovering, and helpful if you have questions about the menu. Great downtown location with free parking garage right behind.Special Features:
- Enjoyed it!FoodieDined on 9/18/2012Buffet for $10/person was incredible! Sat inside and next to the window with our two kiddos... good place to be away from others and a nice view of the street.Special Features:
- The service was great fromOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2012The service was great from the moment we walked in, they did not see my reservation but seated us right away. The hostess came over later and said she found my reservation on another night and apologized for any error. The waiter was great, he was patient as it was our first time there and it took a few minutes to review the menu. Food was timely and delicious. Definitely on the list to go back to dine again, and will recommend!!Special Features:
- Five of us went for the buffetBillVIPDined on 8/22/2012Five of us went for the buffet lunch. We arrived at about 1230 and were seated. We went through the line and chose from a wonderful assortment of great looking food. When we began to eat we discovered that the food was cold. We informed our waiter and was told that "cant be we just put it out about an hour ago" He then spoke with another staff member and came back to our table and he informed us that they didnt have "the fire" lit under the trays. We continued with the salads etc and when we went back things were warmer.Special Features:
- This was a refreshing change!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2012This was a refreshing change! The food was excellent. The main entree ordered was greek pork tenderloin which was delicious.! It would have been nice to know ahead of placing the order that it would take longer to prepare! In the end it was worth the wait! They did compensate us with a free desert!
- Naperville Greek foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/21/2012Lamb dishes are excellent, pork loin also was very good. Martinis are very good. Service was prompt and gave good recommendations.Special Features:
- As usual, a great meal, goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2012As usual, a great meal, good service and good value.Special Features:
- This is a usual spot for usJenniferVIPDined on 6/17/2012This is a usual spot for us however we've never been on Sunday. I was a bit disappointed in the service; our waiter was very slow and nonattentive. The menu had changed and also some murals on the all. I was wondering if management had changed. Thankfully, the food was delicious as usual!
- The buffet was very good withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2012The buffet was very good with a large selection. I loved the salad choices and the fresh fruit and the stir-fried lamb was deliciousSpecial Features:
- Food was goood, a little mixOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2012Food was goood, a little mix up with Coffee at the end of the evening. Loud group next to us made it hard to hear each otherSpecial Features:
- The services was HORRIBLE!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/3/2012The services was HORRIBLE!!!!! What a shame!!!! They were NOT NICE but they were very rude!!!!
- Great lunch menu, reasonablyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/27/2012Great lunch menu, reasonably priced. Also, good lunch buffet.Special Features:
- The Dolmades were the mostOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2012The Dolmades were the most bland and undercooked I have ever eaten in my life. No originality in this traditional Greek dish. The gyros plate is just the same as any other Greek fast food restaurant can offer at a much lower price.
- Food was very good, but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/12/2012Food was very good, but service was slow. Group of 4 that was seated at 6:30PM but didn't get out of the restaurant until 9:00PM. Our server was great but seemed frustrated by the pace of the food coming out of the kitchen, so it seems that the slow serve is more of the norm.
- It is OK Greek food, but notccb3VIPDined on 5/5/2012It is OK Greek food, but not as good as Greek town. It's mod expensive with a very casual atmosphere. I like greek food but will probably not go back here.
- We ALWAYS have a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/4/2012We ALWAYS have a great experience coming here! The food and service is always outstanding!!Special Features:
- An Outstanding Greek Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/3/2012This will be a quick review, but we've now eaten at Tasso's on a number of occasions and have been delighted to have had outstanding service and food on every occasion. This is honest-to-goodness authentic Greek cuisine at its best. The prices are reasonable and the servers are friendly and professional. A really, really, really good restaurant, where you can have a very nice meal without breaking the bank. Outstanding!Special Features:
- It was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/28/2012It was our first visit to Tasso's. The restaurant is not very large, tables are close together, but not so close that you feel like you are eavesdropping on your neighbors. Service was very quick, friendly and informative. Our waiter was very attentive and brought out our orders faster than was anticipated. The food was very good and flavorful, with a lot of traditional Greek spices. Their desserts were to die for, especially the chocolate grand marnier cake! Will definitely dine here again, and recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Relaxing and satisfyingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2012You'll certainly have a very Greek experience with the collage of flavors enter you mouth. The seasoning accompanies the flavors inherit in the meats & vegetables instead of overwhelming them.Special Features:
- Crowded and a little on theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2012Crowded and a little on the noisy side, but the excellent service and food easily account for the reason why!Special Features:
- Good but not great...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012The restaurant was really good but I have been spoiled by Greek Town in Chicago. The food tasted good but I got gyros and my husband got the slow cooked lamb and they were both a bit fatty/greasy. Yes, lamb is a fattier meat but this was more so than usual. The atmosphere was good and kid-friendly. Would be good for lunch or dinner but I wouldn't say it's romantic, more casual.Special Features:
- Yet Another Outstanding MealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/8/2012Enjoyed yet another outstanding meal at Tasso's. There were 7 of us at our Easter Lunch. 5 of the 7 chose the buffet and everyone ate happily until they were full. 1 other ate a starter cos they were too full from Easter Breakfast and the last diner had a special meal catering for low fat needs. Excellent meals all around.Special Features:
- The octopus appetizer andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/31/2012The octopus appetizer and lamb feature were great, and the service was attentive. The restaurant is a gem in downtown Naperville.Special Features:
- Best Greek food outside of AthensOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2012There are so many Greek reataurants in the Chicagoland. Tasso's is special. Every meal we have had here has been special. The food quality, attention to detail, the service, everything says they care about their customers. They really make you feel like family. I would recommend Tassos to anyone! Best Greek food outside of Athens, Greece.Special Features:
- Excellent food! So many choicesjrh2601VIPDined on 3/17/2012Excellent food! So many choices for all. Teenagers loved it too!Special Features:
- I don't get to eat Greek foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/25/2012I don't get to eat Greek food very often but always seem to get the same things all the time. This time I tried some different things. The appetizer domaldes were good but a little bland. The color they are when they come to the table made my husband turn up his nose. I also had a casserole with eggplant, zucchini, ground beef, cheese and potatoes which was very good. My husband had the "safe" gyro plate. It came with the pita cut in 1/4's and they charged us an extra $1 to put a 1/2 pita in the doggie bag. The baklava was wonderful. I will probably go back some time but I don't know if I'll be able to get my husband to go.Special Features:
- Fantastic all around!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/18/2012FANTASTIC all around! The server was very patient in providing recommendations and explanations, as this was the first time we enjoyed a Greek restaurant. The food was delicious and the amount per serving was more than enough, even for a big eater. The prices were also reasonable.
- Another fine experience at Tassos.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/18/2012This was the second time we visited Tasso's just to confirm the excellent experience we had on our first visit. Again, we were not disapppointed. The service was excellent and the food was very good. This is a restaurant that we feel we can go to and not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Excellent Greek restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/17/2012We are frequent customers and find the service and food are consistently very good.Special Features:
- A wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/17/2012We've been to Tasso's Modern Greek Cuisine several times now and each occasion has been a wonderful experience. The last two times we had Timo as our waiter. He's excellent; he had all the specials in his head and was able to describe them without 'rattling them off', he is full of smiles, is never intrusive and yet is always there when you need something. The food was excellent; one of us had the sea bass which was bursting with flavour, one had the salmon stuffed with spinach and feta which was completely delicious, one had the lamb, a dish which can be fatty but was lean and moist, and finally one had moussaka which was also very tasty but that diner kept staring enviously at the lamb. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Outstanding service! VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/17/2012Outstanding service! Very attentive and we always had our water glasses filled. I had the chicken kabob and it was very moist and delicious. Both of my boys had the Gryos platter.....they loved it. My husband had a baked pasta dish, lots to eat and very tasty. We also had calamari...very fresh and of course saganaki(sp). This was one of the better ones we have had.Special Features:
- Great food and the lamb wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/12/2012Great food and the lamb was exceptional. We will be back !!Special Features:
- All the Greek standards donePhilDined on 2/11/2012All the Greek standards done well plus interesting specials and Martinis
- service was excellent - veryOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/11/2012service was excellent - very attentive - food was very good - partial to Greek Town in Chicago but this is a great second to that.Special Features:
- Great, well seasoned food.sg0515VIPDined on 2/4/2012Great, well seasoned food. Bulgarian waiter was awesome!! (Sorry, do not know his name)His recommendations were right on.Special Features: