Tasso Bar à Mezze
3829 Rue St-Denis
Montreal, QC H2W 2M4Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Tasso Bar à Mezze
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tassobaramezze.com/
- Phone: 5148420867
- Hours of Operation:
Lundi - Jeudi: 17:00 - 22:00, Vendredi-Samedi: 17:00 - 23:00
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday-Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Greek, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Nicolas Mentzas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You can take the experience out. Tasso offers you the same high quality experience as at the restaurant for your all your events.
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant family style service and bleak chic decor are the perfect setting for a group. Tasso can offer you semi-private dining for up to 26 guests but we can accommodate groups up to 90.
- Private Party Contact: Pascal 5148420867
- Cross Street: Roy
- Public Transit: The restaurant is located on St-Denis just two blocks north of Sherbrooke metro station and a short walk south from Mont-Royal metro station.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Week nights after 6pm and weekends the Montreal health agency's parking is open to the public. It is located on Roy between St-Denis and Berri. On presentation of the parking slip we will validate it.
A word from Tasso Bar à Mezze
Tasso bar à mezze offers a modern interpretation of Greek cuisine. A menu concentrating on the freshness of the ingredients, on the precision of flavors and on the renewal of a cuisine too long muffled by clichés. This takes form in mezzes, small servings in the style of tapas, that offer the perfect vessel for the creative expression of the chefs. Previously the Psarotaverna du symposium St-Denis, a 30 year old institution in Montreal know for the quality of its fish and seafood, the restaurant remains a must stop for seafood and grilled fresh fish lovers while now offering a wider meat selection. Set in a simple zen-like decor the restaurant serves its food family style to encourage sharing and set a mood of comfort between guests. The chefs offer discovery menus to give an ideal overview of the menu and allow guests to share a common experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tasso Bar à Mezze reviews from OpenTable diners
- tried a sampler menu everythingtonyDined on 11/9/2013tried a sampler menu everything was good. Good variation. Nice presenattion. Fish is the dish...Special Features:
- Very good greek cuisineDenisBDined on 11/8/2013non-traditionnal greek cuisine. Nice place for fish lovers.Special Features:
- A very memorable lunchClaudeDined on 10/30/2013We took a friend to this restaurant to celebrate her birthday. The place is quite interesting in terms of formula with a reasonably priced gastronomic medley, the food is quite good and well presented, and the greek underpinning for the cuisine is treated creatively by the chef. Greek wines are varied and complement the entrees. Service is knowledgeable about the menu and the cellar, relaxed and friendly without being too familiar. A definite recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodpoupouetteDined on 10/26/2013We had the gastronomy menu and enjoyed almost every course. Portions were generous - we couldn't fit a dessert ! :D Would recommend without hesitation. Special mention for the octopus and the fish.Special Features:
- Une expérience gastronomique uniqueSuzanneDined on 9/27/2013Le Tasso se distingue par sa cuisine exceptionnelle, créative et raffinée, et par le plaisir que le personnel prend à partager les plats préparés avec précision et rigueur. Merci pour ce restaurant extraordinaire, à mon goût une des meilleures tables de Montréal.Special Features:
- Fantastic!The4ChickitasDined on 8/23/2013We loved it! We also ate way too much but it was worth it. At first, I was worried that the mezze formula would leave us hungry but it did not disappoint! We definitely recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good potential but bland foodvkc123Dined on 8/19/2013I came here with a friend and got the 9 plate seafood sampler to share. Although this restaurant had great potential: the waiter was nice, the patio was cute, the seafood was all perfectly cooked, the problem was that the food was all rather bland for me. So, you may not want to go here if you tend to like interesting taste mixing or spices but if you're just a fan of well-cooked seafood that tastes like seafood, then this place is for you.Special Features:
- Nice exxprience...PidoukiwiDined on 8/16/2013First time at the Tasso bar, fresh food, good quality, great taste, especially for the shrimps, scallops and crab. On the other hand, the sardine was full of oil, overpriced mezzes for the portion (1 sardine for 12$!), the moussaka lamb was rather common. Nice presentation, service a bit slow but very friendly and thoughtful. Overall, nice exprience to repeat eventually in special occasion...Special Features:
- Very good tapasDolceDined on 8/14/2013Enjoyed it very much . However, pricey for what you get. Thought it would be more Greek food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meditteranean tapas for lunchriverdalesueDined on 8/13/2013We had a great lunch at Tasso. Patio seating, with a very interesting list of Greek wines on the Wine List and very imaginative and tasty food to go with them. It was quiet except for the traffic noise on St-Denis, the proprietor served us and gave us lots of good information about the different Greek wines to try with the meal. We tried a number of the appetizers to share and M ordered the Table d'Hote which was a good deal. Overall very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent sauf le servicevinzDined on 8/7/2013Nous avons profité d'une offre Tuango pour découvrir ce restaurant dont beaucoup de monde disait du bien. La nourriture était excellente, bien présentée, bonnes portions, diversifiée, mais le service n'était vraiment pas agréable. Non seulement le serveur tentait de s'exprimer dans un français qu'il essayait de rendre soutenu sans forcément y arriver (plus de bafouillage que de phrases claires), mais il chialait sur à peu près tout, surtout sur la machine pour les cartes de crédit. Je n'ai jamais entendu un serveur d'un restaurant relativement classe sortir autant de jurons (français) en si peu de temps... Ça retire beaucoup de charme à l'expérience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went there last friday.TravelcrazeDined on 7/12/2013We went there last friday. The food was good but nothing memorable. There were some misses and hits. Miss: the grilled sardines were not thorougly cooked, the oysters were tasteless. Hits: grilled octopus with a layer of marinated artichokes were a very good combination, very tasty and nice, fried calamaries were crips and light and grilled snapper (?) very fresh. The olive oil that the resto offered at the begining of the meal was very good and since the first 3 plates were of very small portions we ate a lot of bread which was slightly grilled and warm (good idea). Service was a plus, our waiter and the young guy who brought the plates were very friendly and nice. I would give a 3 1/2 star if there was such ratings
- Very good restokarinebDined on 7/5/2013Very good restauranty overall, the food was really good and the wine also. The service was good also but we had to wait an hour for the dessert he forgot to order it but we did not pay for it . I will go back for sure.Special Features:
- Always a culinary experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/1/2013Simply outstanding. Thank you Tasso team for always making our visits beyond expectations.Special Features:
- Great!NellyDined on 6/1/2013Great seafood, great service, bit expensive but really great overall - recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nous avons eu de la difficultégigi60Dined on 6/1/2013Nous avons eu de la difficulté à comprendre le menu malgré les explications du serveur. Mais c'était délicieux. Et beaucoup trop généreux.Special Features:
- Greek mezze with a new twistOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/30/2013Very fresh mezze: sardines, cod cakes, greek dips, moussaka and duck. All in small plates to share. Creative but not fussy. Staff is knowlegeable and helpful. La Belle Excuse olive oil and good bread. Greek wines - all good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IntolerantIntolerantDined on 5/29/2013I am gluten intolerant and I have to follow a strict diet because I am breastfeeding a very intolerant baby. In short that means: no gluten, nothing that comes from a cow and no soy... A nightmare in restaurants. I had advised the staff of my intolerances when the reservation was made and the staff has been amazinly helpfull. They put the sauce on the side sometimes made some suggestions. They even changed the dish sometimes to accomodate me. I had a very good meal, trouble free. The biggest surprise was that they had gluten free bread. That, you don't see often. The grilled octopus is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never again!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2013Seriously the worst I have ever experienced. Definately nothing Greek about thier food. The chef needs to to learn how to cook and forget about being a fancy chef ...... Just awful!
- Awesome authentic/fusion food!!!!KarenB24Dined on 4/20/2013We were four and had two discovery menus (one with meat and one with fish), and all the food was fantastic. I've been to Greece so I know some staples in their cooking, and I really felt I was eating greek food, but there was a French fusion twist to the food. For example, moussaka with lamb from quebec, then delicious fat scallops with foie gras. Amazing! I am amazed that all the wines in the menu were greek. The one we had selected was amazing as well. The waiter knew how to choose the wine based on what we wanted. Everyone was full at the end (three girls and a guy). I would definitely recommend! I suppose it's a little pricey normally, but we got a deal with tuango and it was definitely worth the money and more.Special Features:
- Tasso offers a modern takeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2013Tasso offers a modern take on Greek food, with special emphasis on fish and seafood. Everything was absolutely delicious, including the octopus and shrimp. Our server was hilarious. The 3 adult foodies and one university student in our group all loved it. I'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great evening! Food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2013Great evening! Food and service were excellent. A little pricey though.Special Features:
- Tango Promotions???OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/10/2013Actualy the promo was for dinner for 2 for a gastronomical meal. we could have eaten without gastronomy for half the price it costs me. very deceiving when we cannot see the regualsr menu. So next time on Tuango I will eliminate the purchases if the regular menu does not appear or I have no accessSpecial Features:
- quiet because it was easterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013quiet because it was easter weekend. was hoping for a full restuarant, but knew that is may be a risk that weekend.Special Features:
- Great food and original flavors.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2013Great food and original flavors. Loved it and would go back ! For fresh food and Greek like you've never taste it before !Special Features:
- Exceptional dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013Not only was the food superb (most notably the scallops with foie gras and a sumptuous dish we were later told was octopus), but the wait staff were extremely attentive and cordial without being overly "friendly" as some can be. Staff were bilingual and spoke to us in both French and English because I wanted to practice my French but my date does not understand the language. Very populated place, but not loud, so that we were well able to converse. Extensive wine list, but cannot comment much because we relied on staff recommendation for something moderately priced. Delicious after-dinner Greek specialty drink. Spectacular flamed Greek cheese at our table and at others was delicious and also great fun to experience.Special Features:
- Bon concept, bonne nourriture !OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/4/2013J'ai bien aimé mon passage au Tasso bar à mezze. La nourriture est excellente, le concept est intéressant et le service est bon. Pour deux personnes, nous avons pris 6 mezzes ce qui était définitivement trop, haha ! Nous recommendons 4 à 5 mezzes pour un couple. Toutefois, j'imagine que cela dépend de la grosseur des mezzes. L'ambience est bonne et la nourriture est excellente. Un bon endroit que je vais revisiter dans le futur!Special Features:
- We had a very nice evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013We had a very nice evening. This restaurant emphasizes quality without pretention. The decor is understated but tasteful, the service is friendly without being forward, the mezzes are inventive while still grounded in tradition... There are a lot of touches intended to put you at ease, and it worked for us. More important, I left the place satisfied and curious about the food I did not have yet.Special Features:
- Tazzo has a great varietyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/29/2013Tazzo has a great variety of fish and seafood and every dish was delicious - looking forward to the next timeSpecial Features:
- Always amazing. This time,OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/29/2013Always amazing. This time, we were there with our 2 year old and they were very acommodating. Tasso never disappoints.Special Features:
- Too Much Fish - Not Enough ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013The setting and atmosphere, greeting were all positive. Welcoming hostness and waiters. What I did not appreciate is NOT knowing what the 3 tapas entrees were going to be, had I been told that everything would be fish....I would not have ordered more fish for the main dinner. I was using my living social deal...unfortunately, the waiter could also not tell me what kind of fish I would have...and had I known it was going to be BASS I would have asked for the meat (which they also could not tell me) There was nothing distinctive about any of the dishes served although each was plentiful. Too much white fish in everything served. The wine suggested was excellent and the walnut desert, though pricey was also tasty.
- Fortunately for me they haveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/24/2013Fortunately for me they have on their menu octopus and sweetbread! The grilled octopus was simply perfect! It was the highlight of my evening. I was there with a group of friends and we really enjoy our experience. Everybody loved the food!Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)BmanVIPDined on 1/18/2013Excellent experience! Our dishes were great and the service was too.
- We were a group of 6 and orderedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/29/2012We were a group of 6 and ordered different mezzes that were all excellent. The only drawback was that quite a few dishes were not available as we were explained that the restaurant was closing for the holidays the next day . Fortunately there was plenty of octopus which was delicious. Our least favorite dish was the cheese flambéed in Ouzo which was rubbery and too salted; I've had better kefalograviera in the past. All in all, it was an excellent meal; Greek food presented in a contemporary way.Special Features:
- I must have walked by a millionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/14/2012I must have walked by a million time, but that was my first visit at Tasso. I am usually not a Greek Food enthusiastic, but Holala! this is something else, as each plate was tasting better than the previous!! I can wait to go back!!! The staff was super welcoming and offered great advices. Overall, a great evening, we will go back soon!Special Features:
- We'll be back!BusqueVIPDined on 12/14/2012We really enjoyed our dinner, good foods, great service..!Special Features:
- Grec réinventéOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012On a super bien manger dans ce super petit restaurant grec réinventé. Pour un souper en tête à tête ou avec des amis, cet endroit est charmant et la nourriture exceptionnelle et à un prix très raisonnable considérant la qualité des produits et la réalisation des plats. Je vous conseille d'aller faire un tour
- A night in FoodopoliscaththebratDined on 11/16/2012I had a good experience at Tasso. The decor is sober wich is quite unusual for an ethnic restaurant. Silly detail that made me appreciate the night: the bread arrived warm on the table with two kinds of tasty olive oil. We picked the discovery menu and each mezze was unique and flavorful. I really appreciated the evening and wish to go back soon.Special Features:
- Nous avons passé un bon momentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012Nous avons passé un bon moment chez Tasso. Le menu était varié et très savoureux. Nous avons apprécié les belles découvertes que nous y avons fait. Mon plat préféré était les raviolis au lapin - c'était simplement succulent! J'y retournerais avec joie.Special Features:
- Great service, The food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012Great service, The food was delicious! We were 8 and shared multiple plates, fun as a group.Special Features: