Tasca Brava 607
607 South Glenwood Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27603Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $31 to $50
Tasca Brava 607
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tascabrava.com/
- Phone: 9198280840
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm-9:30pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Latin / Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Wine
A word from Tasca Brava 607
Tasca Brava has been described as "the little gem" and was placed on the list for the Top Ten Restaurants in the Triangle by the local press. This is because Tasca Brava is a careful blend of everything that is good about Spanish style, cuisine and hospitality, that go together to create a unique authentic relaxed atmosphere, where the visitor chooses to eat or drink as the mood takes them.. Tasca Brava is above all about Tapas, those small individual portions that offer a very flexible and sociable way of dining and most people dine when they visit Tasca Brava. You can eat as much or as little as you like at any time of day, allowing people to suit their own appetites.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Tasca Brava 607 - Best Restaurants in Raleigh ›
Tasca Brava 607 reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (24)romantic (22)special occasion (17)notable wine list (9)great for outdoor dining (3)good for groups (2)hot spot (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Authentic CuisineSatisifiedDined on 9/3/2014Excellent ingredients and preparation. Restaurant owner very affable and sharing about the origins of the recipes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointinghllsktchnDined on 8/28/2014The waiter is very pushy and the food wasn't great or worth the price.
- Romantic & great for food loversAnuenueDined on 8/15/2014A great restaurant for those that don't want all of the standard menu choices. The daily specials are delicious and best when eaten as recommended by the chef. If you don't want to just go with it then you may want to go somewhere else. Very cozy and romantic atmosphere. A little slow but enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Aaa14Dined on 8/14/2014The food is simply amazing and a unique combination of flavors. The pan de queso is simple must. We tried several dishes, both veggie and meat and all were superb. Budget more time since the food may take longer to come out, but worth the wait. The owner is very friendly and great with kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a conversational eveningcosmopolitan2Dined on 8/13/2014We wanted a quiet place with good food and wine to hold a semi-professional dinner. Juan gave us just the amount of attention, with lots of interesting information thrown in; he is a character to appreciate--like a Spanish brandy. The food was creative in terms of spices, preparation and presentation--and tasted wonderful. I especially recommend the flourless cheese bread, the special soft almonds wrapped in bacon, and the spiced shrimp tapas For main courses, the paellas and the lamb shank are also delicious--the portions were large enough to feed me for two more days. We all enjoyed a bottle of 20-year old gran reserva that was outstanding. This is my third visit to Tasca Brava, and I have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceArtVandelayDined on 8/12/2014Went here on a romatic date and loved it! Great dining experience but don't expect a quick in and out. If you have time to sit down and really enjoy a bottle of wine and a fantastic meal then I highly recommend this place. Do not shy away from trying new things here, you will be pleasantly suprised!Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantDanielDined on 8/5/2014This was a wonderful restaurant and the owner/head chef is a culinary master. He took time to explain each of the dishes to me and my wife. He also made every effort to give us a romantic dining experience while engaging us in conversation. The food was exceptional and explored every region of my palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasca BravaCzar84eatsDined on 8/2/2014A little hard to find but well worth it. Dishes weren't the cleanest but food and experience make up for it. The chef/owner is the only person there so expect to give full order at one time. Food is amazing! Can't get over how delicious the food is! Last but not least is the price...not a cheap place...for only 3 tapas(basically an appetizer), two glasses of sangria, two glasses of water(yes you pay for water because it's a bottle from Spain) the bill was a little over $70. Average plate price is around $25-29 a person if you aren't eating tapas. Best for special/romantic occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still goodstillluvinglifeDined on 8/2/2014Visited again after several years. It was good to see some things hadn't changed (Juan is still the "man" of the house, doing pretty everything but cook). A couple of dishes have disappeared from the menu (goat cheese dip and empanadas), but their replacements were great (mmm, pan de queso). Yes, it's a bit pricier than other tapas restaurants, but it's the overall experience to enjoy.Special Features:
- Delicious, Delicious, DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014We found this gem on Glenwood. The owner and chef is your waiter and reminds me of the local restaurants I visited while in Barcelona. Personal service, pride in their country and dishes-add a dash of quiet serenity and it's a perfect location for a date, business meeting, or celebration. The owner regales you with descriptions of the dishes and where they originate. We tried six or seven tapas items and loved them all. There is a decent wine list. It is not a fast food establishment and like good fine dining locations, expect it to take a little time between servings. It was like that when I had tapas in Spain, so I was expecting it. It gives you a chance to really talk to your dinner date. There is also parking in the rear.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in RaleighHealthyRaleighDined on 7/30/2014My wife have dinner Tasca Brava 607 nearly every romantic occasion that we are in Raleigh. The food is exceptional, the owner/cook/waiter is exceptional, the atmosphere is great.Special Features:
- Right out of SpainMoGormeyVIPDined on 7/1/2014This was a great dining experience - went there for dinner with friends, and one who had just come back from Spain said that the paella was better than anything that he'd had in Spain! The owner has really put tremendous thought into his creations, describes them with love and passion and delivers them with panache - he makes the place! A great experience of a little piece of Catalonian Spain right in the heart of Raleigh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding foodLoveGreatFoodDined on 6/28/2014Choose this place on a whim after looking at the cooking channel and needed a Spanish dinner to fill the void. Nice quite and quaint little place as I remembered when it was Bistro 607 many years ago.. All I can say is that the food was outstanding, flavorful that set my taste buds ablaze. As for the owner he is and should be Passionate about the food he cooks, if not why be a Chef. My wife and I enjoyed the night out and we will be putting this on our list of new places to go. Looking forward to trying many of the other dishes on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4xAVIDined on 6/21/2014Nice quite dining. A little limited wine selection (good but $$$). Good selection of traditional spanish fare. The breads were good, the gaspacho was amazing (from someone who does not like gaspacho). The paella was sound but a little over the top on the seasonings (but only slightly). we had nice experience but I dont think we would go back again. The beauty of traditional spanish food simple incredients (paella is basicly the rice version of omlettes) add some spices, some fresh bread, dresss up the presentation and you have a good meal at a reasonable price. Add some good wine and boom; dinner. For about the same price, you can go accross the street for a great steak, but if u consider urself a foodie you may want to give it a goSpecial Features:
- Order the Specials!BDSfoodDined on 6/14/2014This is a great little restaurant in Raleigh where you can taste some amazing dishes influenced from various regions of Spain. The chef came out to our table (and everyone's table) to explain the Tapas dishes and main course items. We only wanted Tapas and in fact ordered only from the specials that he explained to us. All were fantastic and well prepared; the ceviche was out of this world. The only dish that was a bit out of our taste preference was the nectarines sauteed in garlic and served with a soft goat's cheese, but that's mostly because we're not huge garlic fans. Go for the experience and the amazing food and let the chef make decisions for you--you won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Owner was rude!NOthankyou4Dined on 5/31/2014Juan was patronizing and condescending! We have visited Spain many times. We know what tapas are. The food was good but was overprized! $14.95 for pulpo a la gallega.......We decided not to order dessert and Juan got angry and cleared our table in a flash.........
- Lovely outdoor patioRaleighwoodVIPDined on 5/19/2014A plus is that Juan, the owner is present and truly cares about the quality of the food and your dining enjoyment. His creations are simply divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 193 reviews are from the Tasca Brava 607 reviews archive.
- BRAVOMariaDined on 5/16/2014My date and I were greeted promptly and escorted to a corner table and allowed a few minutes to soak in the ambiance. The music was great and noise level was perfect. Our server was extremely knowledgeable and attentive. Needless to say our food was awesome. We will go back and take friends and familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef is PassionateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2014The chef is extremely passionate about his food and the food is outstanding genuine Spanish dishes. Amazing.Special Features:
- Poor serviceFoodloverDined on 5/10/2014They push "sparkling or still water" on you then bill you $6 for it, and then serve you regular tap the rest of the meal. The owner/chef/waiter/sommelier/bartender needs to hire people to perform these duties so the dining experience can be enjoyable. He doesn't need to be a one man show because it really takes away from the dining experience. Service, or lack thereof, was horrible. I'm a Spaniard and it's really disappointing that the one true Spanish restaurant in Raleigh is run so poorly and I won't be going again unless the service issues are addressed. However the food was good. Ridiculously overpriced but good none the less.
- Exceptional findieatVIPDined on 5/9/2014I had seen mixed reviews of this restaurant, but we tried it on graduation weekend after not being able to find reservations elsewhere. We were very luck. This place is fantastic. First of all, the chef is the one who comes to your table for everything from helping you select wines, to actually taking your order. He is obviously very passionate about everything they serve. Very friendly without being to "salesy." All of the tapas are sensational, they make dynamite sangria, and their desserts are complex and delicious. The Paella was interesting, but I'm not sure I'd order again. My only gripe is it was pretty pricey for the portion size on the tapas.Special Features:
- DinningenjoydinningoutDined on 5/3/2014Dinning at Tasca Brava was pleasant and delightful. The atmosphere was warm and cozy and the menu had a lot of interesting meals. Looking forward to planning another dinner at this nice cozy restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very AuthenticNevinDined on 5/2/2014My wife and I were lucky enough to travel to Spain last year for our 10 year anniversary. Since then we have been looking for a restaurant that serves authentic Spanish food, and this place defiantly fits that bill! The tapas are small and very true to traditional Spanish cuisine. We would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a taste of Spain without the long flight. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey RestaurantJoycVIPDined on 4/19/2014Dined here for the first time with a group of friends. All of us had traveled to Spain at one time or another so we were familiar with authentic Spanish cuisine. The location is downtown in a quaint house which is nicely decorated. The menu has a good mix of traditional/regional Spanish dishes plus some variations of those dishes. All that was ordered and delivered was tasty but the portions were quite small and there was really nothing special about the preparation and presentation, and prices for the Raleigh area, were quite high. The owner/chef is quite over the top and irritating. Due to the high prices and low value and the fairly irritating owner, I do not think I would revisit this restaurant nor would I recommend it to a friend.Special Features:
- MehbeergirlDined on 3/28/2014Not worth the price in comparison to some of the other establishments in the area. Owner is super pushy (which we were aware of beforehand)... Had we not been we would have been appalled. Paella at $25/person and requiring at least 2 diners, is waaay too much food and a waste of money.
- An experiance--not just dinnerBobNahantVIPDined on 3/17/2014If you want an "experiance" this is the place to go. The owner Juan Samper is an awesome host. You feel taken care of. He cooks-waits tables- and is guide through the unique dishes of Spain. Not only do you feel attended to, but the food is all very home-made and delicious (try the hen soup, Spanish breads and Ceviche---all outstanding). What a great find in downtown RaleighSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personal serviceCarolynVIPDined on 3/10/2014The chef-owner-server knows his food and his sources and brought this knowledge and enthusiasm directly to our table. The enthusiasm can sometimes seem like a hard sell but we loved the food and appreciated the suggestions for a combination of tapas to share five ways.Special Features:
- Don't Waste Your TimeAllieVIPDined on 2/22/2014The service was awful. We were one of the first customers on a Saturday night and were often forgotten. It would appear they were not properly staffed to adequately wait on all the tables. We had to ask for our bill four times and it took a good 45 minutes for them to bring it. The food was ok, nothing spectacular.
- Fantasticcek123Dined on 2/19/2014We so enjoyed the personal attention, fascinating food, and ambience of the restaurant! The chef was delightful with great suggestions and valued humor. Not having tasted the variety of Spanish food, we found the menu offering a variety of new possibilities. We found the experience to offer us a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodRC1211Dined on 2/15/2014My wife and I have been to Tasca Brava at least 5 times now. The key to enjoying your night at Tasca Brava is to not be in a hurry to eat and get out of there. If that is your plan, save yourself the aggravation. We have calibrated our expectations for timely service after our first visit and now go to enjoy the food, a nice bottle of wine, and the musings of Juan Sampras. On this occasion, it was out "date night" and we sat an talked, enjoyed our wine, and had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food; fair serviceJonMVIPDined on 2/14/2014Went for Valentine's Day -- web site did not indicate there would be a fixed price menu. Food was creative, well prepared, and tasty. Our server was brand new (her first day -- what a tough assignment!) and unprepared. She brought the food too quickly, not allowing us time to finish courses or to even clear plates from the prior course. She even served me the wrong entree.Special Features:
- Wonderfullcole66VIPDined on 2/14/2014I had made reservations about a month ago and was looking forward to several items on the menu but that turned out to not be possible as they changed the menu for Valentine's Day. While put off by that we stayed and took a chance on what was offered and are so glad we did. The service was great up until they got busy. With one waiter and 2 helpers they get a bit behind. The food it's self was great. Great taste, great presentation and perfectly portioned. The flavors were fresh and 'new'. I have already made reservations for another visit to try the real menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperienceJohnDined on 2/8/2014Ordered the traditional Paella which was authentic and excellent. Must have a reservation as this is a popular restaurant, service was a bit slow as it is popular, but did receive personal attention from the owner. Great ambiance, and perfect date night as can eat at your leisure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food Horrible experinceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/8/2014Review from Wayne Y. 3 friends 2 reviews Wayne Y. Raleigh, NC I reserved a table for 7:30 Saturday night. We left the establishment at 10. However this dining experience was the WORST I've ever had! We waited at least 15 minutes before our "waiter/owner/chef" came to take our order. We had told a young lady who seated us we like a carafe of sangria. Our "waiter" ask if we wanted water My wife and I had looked on line and knew what we were going to order. Ceviche: "waiter" no ceviche tonight! Ok gazpacho soup, then shrimp and mussels tapas. Then we see if we like to order an entree. "Waiter": You need to order everything now, it's much easier that way. Food was very good. The service is non existing and so bad I'll never eat here again!
- Go When You Have Patience and Time4datenightDined on 2/8/2014All four of us truly enjoyed the authentic Spanish cuisine including the sherry and wine selections. The variety and quality of the menu was impressive. Unfortunately, the chef also handles most of the service tasks. There were two wait staff also present, but they did nothing more than pour water and hand out menus. We waited much to long to get our first drink. And as the night wore on and the chef became more harried, he lost a bit of his good nature. All would be better "served" if he would train his staff and allow them to at least get diners started with drinks and apps. We went at 7:00 pm on a Saturday evening. Perhaps this would be less of a problem at a slower time of day/week.Special Features:
- Dining a la espanolaJaniseDined on 2/8/2014We wanted to treat an out-of-town friend to a special dining experience, and we were not disappointed. Two of us had lived in Spain many years ago and were interested in dining a la moda espanola. The food was great, and it brought back many fond memories for us. However, one of us had ordered an entree and not tapas. His meal was not served until the final tapa was brought out. In the future we will be sure to stress the timing of the meal delivery to our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inventive, inviting, deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/7/2014Charming little house , obviously creativity and passion rule this chef! Loved everything- we will be back with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointinganniversarycoupleDined on 2/1/2014Had read a lot about this restaurant, but mainly the experience. We were seated right away in the window....great way to start our anniversary dinner. Took 15 minutes to be acknowledged for water. Another 10 minutes for drinks. Wine by the glass...try half a small glass (the whole dinner was that way). Took forever for the waiter/owner/chef...we don't know...to come over. VERY fast talker....wouldn't slow down...didn't explain any of the entrees....not helpful. We felt pressured, told to hurry and make a decision, and don't wait, it will take too long for him to come back. Actually, he was abrasive.Food was good,not fabulous. Wanted recommendations....all he very said was "too die for" with anything we asked. We wanted to like it, didn't.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/24/2014Dining at Tasca Brava 607 is an experience, not just a dinner. Go with an open mind and a little extra time, and you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic!FayeDined on 1/23/2014It's so rare to find authentic food and this fits in every way. This is authentic Galician Spanish, prepared and served by a native. It doesn't get any better than this. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.