TART Restaurant @ Farmer’s Daughter Hotel
115 S. Fairfax Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90036Neighborhood:
Beverly / Fairfax / La Brea / Third St.
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
TART Restaurant @ Farmer’s Daughter Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tartrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3235562608x
- Hours of Operation:
TART is open from 7:00am to 11:00pm Sunday thru Thursday and 7:00am to 1:00am on Friday and Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Servicing all the major businesses and studios, TART offers catering from breakfast to dinner. Complete setup available.
- Private Party Facilities: Indoor diningroom available for private functions seating up to 35. Standing room for 50 with buffet appetizers and hor d'Oeuvres. Full bar, beer, and wine available. Patio seating available for 85. Semi-Private patio areas available to be configured from 10 to 30. Patio dining features unique country style decor with zeroscape planters. The patio is popular with weekend brunch crowds featuring bottomless Mimosas and endless Bloody Marys. Tart serves breakfast, brunch, lunch and Southern Style Comfort Food on its' dinner menu. Special event and banquet menus available.
- Private Party Contact: Nami Faramarzi 3239373930x407
- Special Events: With the large outdoor patio, TART hosts parties, mixers, bridal showers, birthdays and everything in between. From 20-200 people with bulk rate pricing available.
A word from TART Restaurant @ Farmer’s Daughter Hotel
American Comfort food with a country flair. Exclusive patio dining including an area with fire pit. Brunch available 7 days per week. Great cocktails and delicious desserts, just how Mom used to make.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
TART Restaurant @ Farmer’s Daughter Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
- Quick Breakast.luclaverdiereDined on 5/16/2014We picked this spot as it was close to the market. Good little breakfast spot with excellent coffee.Special Features:
- Mother'a Day Brunch1stMothersDayDined on 5/11/2014Reservation was at 10am, for Mother's Day, my first Mother's Day. By 10:40am we still had no sight of a server, nothing. We snagged someone & asked for our waiter. Our waiter came apologizing & said she didn't know she had our table. She took our order. After waiting for the water & drinks until 11:15, we got the same guy who helped us get our waiter to get us some coffee & drinks. They were out of French press and had to supplement with Americanos. This why they said the drinks were late in coming out. Other guy brought out Americanos. Our waitress eventually brought out our drinks with the French press. Then they dropped & landed all over my husband. He was wet & covered in coffee grounds. They comped the drinks for all this. Average foodSpecial Features:
- Farmer's Market FindiLo823VIPDined on 5/3/2014Highly recommend the scallops - very nice pairing with brussel sprouts and butternut squash. I also tried the butternut squash soup - it was good and quite filling. Service was good; I was there early on a Saturday so it wasn't that crowded as yet.Special Features:
- GET THE PUNCH BOWLTRYNEWTHINGSDined on 4/27/2014I REALLY ENJOYED MY TIME AT TART THE FOOD WAS GOOD AND SO WERE THE DRINKS.Special Features:
- Great BrunchepicureanDined on 4/20/2014Great place for brunch. Better to come before 3pm for it stops at 4pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Ehh AmbiancecaroliawDined on 4/12/2014The lines for TART are insane for brunch, so reservations are a must. The food is what keeps me coming back here. The service is good - exactly what you would expect from a decent restaurant. But it draws too many hipsters and self-important older hippies that tend to destroy the otherwise pleasant atmosphere. If you can bring a small group of friends and ensure the conversation is lively enough to drown out the people sitting (VERY CLOSELY) at the next table, you'll be fine. The hanger steak and truffle grilled cheese are my go-to options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little GemPlayfulTastebudVIPDined on 4/7/2014I was a bit skeptical when I walked in on a Monday night as only 1 table was taken. I looked at the menu and started to drool. We ended out on the fireplace patio, which was so quaint and it was such a nice night out. The food was amazing!!! Loved the brussell sprouts!!! Definitely going back for brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...long waitCaliValleyFoodieVIPDined on 3/23/2014I always love a Sunday Fun Day brunch@ Tart with friends and a casual walk around the Grove. This was just that...however...The host staff didn't do a great job ruining the experience. They made us wait an hour...party of 2 with a reservation...and sat larger parties that came after us...just not organized....or forgot we were there. Something wasn't right...no comp beverage, no apologies but from anyone but the great bus boy. Food and spiked punch bowl was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodbeauVIPDined on 3/21/2014The ambience is so cute. It has a decorated country in the city feel. Good breakfast fare.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeJunglesocksDined on 2/28/2014Been wanting to come here for awhile. Easy resi's at 630. Service was slow. I ordered a second drink from one person and never got it. Server took a half full drink off table. That's a no-no. Food service was quick!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beware of the punch bowlNoahAVIPDined on 2/17/2014the brunch/lunch is great. drinks pack a punch. service is fine... a little hit and miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TART-A sweet taste in your mouth :)OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/14/2014I stumbled upon TART a few years ago when I was looking for somewhere to eat near The Grove. The food is always awesome, there's never a wait and they're super accomodating if you have food allergies (my bf is a celiac). I always dine outside and recently they revamped the space to include a cool deck and outdoor fireplace. I can't recommend this place enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tart is funDaisymaeDined on 1/26/2014Tart is the 20-something fun scene! Good prices & good food!Special Features:
- Food good, service not-so-goodFoodieDined on 1/24/2014Went for DineLA. Have never been to this restaurant before, so we made 8pm reservations. Upon pulling up, we waited for the valet (who was nowhere to be found) for about 10 minutes before we drove off and found a regular spot. We ordered off the DineLA menu and I will say, the food was delicious. I had the butternut squash soup, the steak, and dessert was bread pudding. There were times when the food came, we asked for extra silverware so my friend could try my food, and I could try hers, but the waitress forgot to bring it. We had to multiple times, ask the hostess for things. It took 20 minutes to find the waitress to order coffee. Do not order a soy latte, it was the worst I've ever had. Dinner was good, service was bad.Special Features:
- Brunch w bottomless Bloody Mary'salbeeVIPDined on 1/12/2014Great bruch lots of delish options and bottomless Blood Mary and Mimosa's. Great outdoor area attached to the Farmer's Daughter Hotel. Definitely give it a try and ask for Marni as your wait staff.Special Features:
- Order the Punch Bowl next timePsboston7Dined on 12/28/2013It was my daughter's birthday & she had selected this location. Valet parking at a reasonable cost of $5.00. Eggs Benedict with Bacon and Avocado it was pretty good but I think the home potatoes were not hot. Also ordered the Meatloaf sandwich it looked beautiful was delicious. I had the Shrimp with cheese grits and Andouille sausage it was pretty good. The bloody mary was spicy but good - did not come garnished with the traditional olives or celery I then followed this up with Mimosa (bottomless) Had a really cozy outside deck area in the center of the complex (not seen from the street) nice interiors and swank atmosphere. Service was ok. Respectfully ReviewedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- down home food + fabu service.KarinVIPDined on 12/16/2013pulled pork sandwich + fries + a bloody mary = perfect (business) lunch. uber-friendly engaging waitress in LA... priceless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MenuscarlettDined on 12/8/2013Interesting choices offered. And each one was delicious. We couldn't have been happier with the food. There were only two other tables of diners and one of them had two toddlers. The noise was annoying but, of course, it was the fault of the parents, not the restaurant. The waitress was less than attentive, considering the restaurant was not busy. She forgot to bring my water and totally forgot my husband's cappuccino. But we'll be back because the food wins.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute environment, great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/28/2013We haven't eaten here since the last time we stayed at the hotel and I wanted to go back....the food has been consistently great and the service is polite and comfortable. Our server was very sweet and funny, the drinks were tasty and we received recommendations on pairings that were perfect. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant with grass fed meatOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/28/2013Thanksgiving dinner was wonderful. Everything was tastefully prepared and portion sizes were just perfect. I wish the dressing was corn bread dressing but it was not. That's more of a personal preference though. I would definitely eat here again. Oh, their hanger steak is amazing with the okra side dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving Dinner TreatNjoyfinediningDined on 11/28/2013My hubby and I decided to dine out for thanksgiving this year and chose to visit Tart's. The thanksgiving menu offered three entree choices, turkey, stuffed squash, or salmon and came with yummy sides of mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans, stuffing, and cranberry relish! Then a choice of pumpie pie parfait or spiced apple donuts for dessert. This was our first time dining here and we were pleasantly surprised! Good eats!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tart's brunch should be a 24h eventCristinaVIPDined on 11/10/2013I loved the food and vibe of the place. It would have been great to score a table in the patio since it was a great day to eat al fresco, however the energy inside was still pretty good. My friends and I truly enjoyed the fantastic bottomless mimosas and the great food. We are all looking forward to coming back. What was initially an hour and half brunch, became a 5 hour hang out with friends.Special Features:
- Great Comfortable PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/27/2013The staff and ambience lends itself to very comfortable and great dining experience. No stuffiness whatsoever! Just be yourself and enjoy the food!!Special Features:
- TARTasticKCindaHoodDined on 10/17/2013This was the 2nd time I have had lunch at TART with my friends within a few weeks. The atmosphere is gentle, warm, and inviting. The food is really good, somewhat innovative, and reflects a modern twist on southern cooking. The staff is charming, helpful, and seem to be always smiling. I will definitely return and it is such a fantastic option to high quality dining adjacent to the Grove without having to enter the craziness of that outdoor mall.Special Features:
- wonderful brunch spotAlexDined on 10/13/2013Went for brunch last weekend and loved it! Nice outdoor seating. All our brunch selections were delicious. I'd highly recommend anything off the daily specials list. Also, I tried a friend's french toast - easily the best I've ever had. No need to maple syrup it was so moist and delicious! Loved the $15 bottomless bloody marys or mimosas (interchangeable). Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation. What's that?ChaserlmVIPDined on 10/5/2013Made a reservation. When we showed up on time were asked to wait while the table was made ready. Waited. Finally we were brought to a a tiny table in the back that sat three even though the reservation was for four and there were more tables open. We were told they were being held for a reservation and we could not sit there even though our reservation made days in advance was for four. We smashed together and had an awful time crushed together. We could not be moved to another table. We ate and left and in the entire 1 and half hours we were smashed in there no one was sat at the open table we were told was not available for us. The hostess at this restaurant was awful. She had no desire to be anything other than rude and unhelpful.
- Favorite LA BrunchAllyBayDined on 9/28/2013This is my favorite spot for brunch in Los Angeles. Love the location, the outdoor seating and the amazing punch bowls!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good new finddjinlaDined on 9/25/2013I read about this restaurant in a local magazine. Apparently, it's been around for over a year. But, I'd never heard of it. The menu specified their authentic southern menu. Being from Alabama, i was anxious to check it out. I can say that the food was amazing. Truly authentic and truly delicious. We sat outside on their back patio. It was quiet and relaxing. The service was at times a bit slow, and sometimes difficult to find the server. Which I thought odd, as it was not buy when we were there. But, the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Maybe we were there on an off night. Overall, I'd say this was a very good experience. I'd recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DinnermagdaDined on 9/9/2013Super cute place across from the Farmer's Market that serves great southern-style food! They have a backyard patio decorated with string lights. Even the tableware is matched perfectly - cast iron deep dishes, old fashioned china, red gingham napkins, candles, flowers in tin vases, and beverages in mason jars! The bartender and our waitress were very friendly and attentive. The night we went, they had a band playing outside and, to my great happiness, it wasn't too loud. I hate it when restaurants play music/have bands that are SO loud you can barely have a conversation, but this one was lovely and just right. The food was fresh and delicious and the cocktails were great. They can even make moonshine taste like apple pie!!! Amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty southern food in LAOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/11/2013The food is always good and the portions are huge. We've been here twice and each time we take a bunch of food home with us. The fried chicken is fantastic, some of the best I've ever had, the pork chop is great, the meatloaf was good. The sides are always great, we always have six of them between the two of us and none of them has ever left us disappointed. The hush puppies are by far the best I've ever had, not dry at all, very moist and the sauce is very good. The service was a little slow but we sat outside and it was a nice evening so we didn't mind at all. We'll certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchLovelyinParadizeVIPDined on 8/10/2013Good basic brunch selection. Punch and bottomless mimosa deals. Outdoor seating. Good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great summer/outdoor diningMileageRunnerDined on 8/8/2013Nice, open outdoor patio with plenty of room, terrific wait staff, and well-prepared American-style food for a good meat-and-three price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tart - FUN!DanaDined on 8/4/2013This place is really a GEM! I would like to know WHY I do not get dining credit when going through your service for the reservation. Why is that??? I don't need your service if I get nothing in return...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fallen gem is now a sad placeGoodBuzzDined on 7/27/2013I ate at Tart about 5 years ago and it was a fantastic spot. Great food, great ambience, and excellent service. Yesterday it was a sad place. The food was passable, but the service was terrible. The waitstaff huddled together have their social time and ignored the patrons.
- The food here could be soRobinhoodVIPDined on 7/20/2013The food here could be so much better with just a little TLC. I also never complain about the portion size being too big, but in the case of the "Meat and 3", the sides are enough to feed 3 people and you get three of them with you entree. While our server was very nice, she seemed to be the only one waiting on 15 tables and was MIA for long stretches.Special Features:
- Bottomless and DelishbrunchlvrDined on 7/13/2013We shared the brioche french toast and a custom omelet (andouille sausage, white cheddar and spinach) and we enjoyed bottomless mimosas. We stayed there 2 hours and never felt pressured to leave. My friend and I were enjoying catching up. Our meal was SO FREAKING GOOD! And the mimosas were perfectly yummy. I'd been here about a year ago and loved it. I'm so glad we went for a second visit - it was even better than the first time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 stars!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2013Great staff with great drink recommendations! We celebrated a birthday here and had a wonderful experience on our first visit to Tart. Have your server read you a poem with your dessert. Trust me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceEatingoutDined on 6/21/2013We really loved this restaurant and the atmosphere. It is connected to or part of the Farmer's Daughter hotel and it is just so funky and LA. Would bring out of town friends here. Nice ambiance - friendly service, interesting food. Thorougly enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic brunch experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2013I was hoping I would love this place as I recently moved into the area...now I may never cook again! The pick your own omelette was delicious, the chicken & kale salad also delicious...my friends had the eggs with trout (to die for)...and although not my kind of food the chicken and waffles and the pancakes looked great and my friends were over the moon with them. Service was super friendly - so much we tipped 30% as our waitress was so awesome. Can't wait to go back - I think I'm going to be a full on regular here from now on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute lil gemNewMamaVIPDined on 6/13/2013Really u can't appreciate it from exterior They try to serve organic where possible A bit on pricey side for breakfast: medium bowl granola n juice was $21 with tax n tip :( Was not fullSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.