Tarry Lodge Port Chester
18 Mill Street
Port Chester, NY 10573Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Tarry Lodge Port Chester
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tarrylodge.com/
- Phone: 9149393111x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday and Monday, Noon to 9:00 pm
Tuesday and Wednesday, Noon to 10:00 pm
Thursday through Saturday, Noon to 11:00 pm
We begin taking reservations one month to the calendar date in advance at 10 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Andy Nusser
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Tarry Lodge offers a wide selection of antipasti, pizzas and pastas for your catering needs.
- Special Events: Tarry Lodge is equipped to host all kinds of events, from intimate celebrations, to blow-out galas, to corporate meetings. Please contact Jennifer Miller at 914 939 3111 x103 to learn more.
- Cross Street: Abendroth Avenue
- Public Transit: Just blocks away from the Port Chester station of Metro North Railway.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There is a private lot on Mill Street. We also have use of the lot at The Shade Store Monday through Saturday after 5 pm. There are 2 municipal parking lots on Abendroth as well as street parking. Complimentary valet parking is available Thursday through Saturday evenings.
A word from Tarry Lodge Port Chester
Tarry Lodge is a trattoria where one can have a light casual meal, treat clients to an unforgettable dinner, or celebrate a special occasion with 60 of your closest friends. We offer an extensive Italian wine list for all budgets.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Tarry Lodge Port Chester - Best Restaurants in Port Chester ›
Tarry Lodge Port Chester reviews from OpenTable diners
223 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (129)special occasion (91)neighborhood gem (90)notable wine list (72)good for groups (60)great for lunch (38)hot spot (38)romantic (36)vibrant bar scene (30)great for brunch (16)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (13)great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great findjlminvVIPDined on 8/25/2014Beautiful rooms, great food and service. Pizza was wonderful as was Salami saladSpecial Features:
- goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014we have been at the restaurant several times and it always has been a good experience. This time we had a table upstairs. By far the best location when one wants a private and noise-free meal.Special Features:
- always sloppy waitserviceBruceVIPDined on 8/22/2014As always, the food is great, and the seasonal menu revisions are creative. The main problem, each visit, is the untrained, casual, sloppy waitservice. With the prices here, the staff should have professional training and bearings.
- Losing some grounddoc1023VIPDined on 8/16/2014We have been here many times. The menu was updated and there were some good choices. The kitchen could not send out food the way it was ordered. A pork chop,(highly recommended by the waiter) came out bone dry and very, very, very tough. Salmon was OK on the 2nd try. Too bad, we used to love this restaurantI would recommend this to a friend.
- A Train WreckVtfoodieDined on 8/15/2014We have had decent meals here in the past but Friday night was awful. Dirty silverware at 3 of our place settings. Entrees arrived 45 minutes after appetizers were cleared and then only 3 of the 4. One of the pasta dishes had been "dropped on the floor". 10 minutes later the 4th entree (pasta) arrived and was so undercooked (hard in the middle) that we sent it back. Manager was of no help whatsoever.
- Lovely gem in downtown Port ChesterdwroesekejrDined on 8/12/2014This was our second trip here for a special occasion. Great menu, very attentive, can get rather loud in all areas but downstairs seems to be best. Go early though if you want peace and quiet to start. The sampler Anitpasti platters are large and a great way to share and start. Order all three (vegetable, meat and seafood) and you'll be done!Special Features:
- Awesome findGoogDined on 8/9/2014Outstanding food- loved the salumi salad and the tagliatelle with bolognese sauce was incredible. When it comes to dessert you should order one of everything!!!! This will became your favorite once you dine here for sure!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable spot for a good eveningwiedVIPDined on 8/7/2014We hosted clients there and enjoyed great Italian food raised to a gourmet levelSpecial Features:
- Horrible experienceMosquitoDined on 8/7/2014I found a mosquito in my mozarella and after i complained about it the service was really bad. The mosquito ws flying and suddenly ended up in my plate !? Yeah right! Ever ever again in that restaurant.Special Features:
- Inconsistent qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/7/2014Flavor was good, quality of ingradient poor for the price. Barrata was stringy, lambchop tough. Sugar pea ravioli was good. Service was extremely poor
- Food was greatMichantDined on 8/6/2014However went there for my 50th bday. Waiters knew and mentioned it on open table. They brought me a piece of cake w a candle and left it and did no sing :(Special Features:
- Excellent ServicePatsyDined on 8/5/2014My sisters and I celebrated a birthday luncheon for our cousin and were not rushed at all as we chatted away gaily. The salad and pizzas we shared were first rate and as a complete surprise for my cousin, the waitress served us a tiramisu dessert with a flaming candle on top. It was a birthday luncheon she will never forget!Special Features:
- Another wonderful Tarry Lodge mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/3/2014We convened our family here to celebrate our 40th anniversary, so our party of 8 encompassed a 94 year age span. We were given a big round table on the mezzanine, with just a few steps up from the main floor, but a feeling of separation from the overall bustling scene. The food was excellent (I'm a particular fan of the goat cheese, pistachio and truffled honey pizza), and the waiters even helped us find toy pieces that our grandson had dropped on the floor. We will be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/2/2014I have been to this restaurant several times and this visit proved to be disappointing. My party was seated at an uncomfortable table. The waiter did not provide the expected service and the food was very delayed from the kitchen. The food was good but this did not positively impact the overall experience.
- JoeyDined on 8/2/2014Going downhill fast. Pasta was served lukewarm and dry (not the best way to have truffles). Asked the server to re-heat and it came back lukewarm and drier!! Inordinate amount of time in between courses. Won't be back for a long time.
- Excellent food service and valueIngridDined on 8/2/2014We have had dinner twice at Tarry Lodge. Both times, the food and service were excellent. The food is very well prepared - traditional but with nice creative modern twists. The extensive Italian wine list is very nice. We look forward to our next meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible pizza and so much moreJaniceDined on 8/2/2014Family celebrated Dad's birthday. Service was responsive, food and wine recommendations were excellent and the experience was very positive. We especially liked the Guanciale Pizza (with black truffles and an egg) and the linguini with clams, chili, and pancetta. I have eaten here before and recommend it often.Special Features:
- Delightful!ADZ1Dined on 7/29/2014Asparagus and onion pizza was scrumptious; with a piece of branzino overlaying a dozen clams, the zuppa di pesce was quite literally a fish soup and not the seafood medley that most other restaurants provide. Osso buco was enormous and the Tagliatelle bolognese was correctly seasoned. Noise level was high, but not unexpected given that most tables were occupied. Cocktail pours were generous and the Bastianich Fruilano was a delicious bargain at $36. Incidental drinks were over-priced, e.g. kids' drinks, cappucinos, etc. Service was attentive and professional. TL remains one of the best restaurants in Westchester.Special Features:
- think againOiabm22Dined on 7/29/2014The service was average. The special entree was given to us within 4 minutes of sitting down and before a drink order had been taken. We both ordered fish - salmon and skate. We had to ask twice for our appetizer (salad) and despite the restaurant not being full, certainly at the time we ordered our meals, the main course arrived almost 1 hour later.
- mario did it againdininghealth1VIPDined on 7/27/2014If you have eaten at any of Mario battali's restaurants you know he aims to please. And Tarry Lodge is no exception. We all enjoyed our food, wine and dessert. we went for my daughter's birthday, so it is perfect for a special occasion, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night crazyLocalgalDined on 7/26/2014Always so very busy on Sat. I have twice ordered a side order of meatballs and they have yet to be able to accommodate. Pastas came out cold and after almost waiting an hour. Way too noisy as well on a Saturday.Special Features:
- Fabulous but noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014The only reason I can't give an overall rating of 5 stars is because of the noise...even without the blaring music it would have been too loud. This noise level is a distractionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/25/2014Same choices available for lunch and dinner. Although Tarry Lodge is an American Italian restaurant, one gets the feeling this is how the food would really taste if one were dining in Italy. The dishes are interesting and prepared a little differently from standard fare. I find the main course choices to be limited, however, and the "specials" are linked to the day of the week, hence you are out of luck if on the evening you are dining you don't want the usual special for that day. On the other hand, there are choices and one can mix and match choosing among pizzas, salads, pastas and a few main dishes plus select a dinner-ending sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingSdr24VIPDined on 7/24/2014They know what they are doing. Lunch special is a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!MulberrypDined on 7/23/2014Wednesday night for us is "date night". Usually we go to an Italian restaurant in our local town. We had something to celebrate this week so I booked Tarry Lodge, which lived up to the expectation of being more special. It is probably about 40% more expensive than the typical red sauce Italian restaurant in suburban Westchester, but definitely worth the extra. The food was so much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & service excellent.FoodWineRBVIPDined on 7/21/2014First time at the restaurant. Food and service were excellent. Asked for and received help with the wine list. A little noisy in the back room.I would recommend this to a friend.
- It will never disappoint!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014Awesome food and desserts. Definitely one of my favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst service experience everOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/18/2014We are so terribly disappointed at how shoddy and inattentive service was this evening. We were ignored by our server for at least twenty minutes. When "management" filled in to take our order, she was almost surly. Then we waited and waited and waited. The first course arrived after we had been there for an hour. then the wait began for dinner. No apologies, no explanation, no attempt to make the wait more pleasant. The second course arrived after another forty minutes. It was lukewarm at best. We should have picked up and left. We certainly will not go back. The server offered a half hearted apology when we were walking away from the table. This had been one of our favorite restaurants. No more. Ciao, tarry lodge.
- Pre-Concert DinnerVictoriaGDined on 7/18/2014Tarry's Lodge is a unique find. I had never heard of it before buying tickets for a concert in Port Chester, I am from Staten Island, NY. I didn't think it would beat my expectations and it sure did. The wine list was phenomenal. The goat cheese, pistachio and honey pizza was out of this world. Our entrees (the salmon and lamb chops) were absolutely delicious. And the dessert (tiramisu) was so rich and hit the spot. Nicole, our waitress, was very helpful and provided great service. The atmosphere in this restaurant is very elegant and delightful. I could not see anything wrong with our experience. The separate dining (upstairs and downstairs) made the restaurant feel comfortable. I would definitely recommend Tarry's Lodge - it's fantastic.Special Features:
- JOJOVIPDined on 7/17/2014We went before a concert at the Capitol theatre, it was perfect for thatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italy RediscoverdMemeDined on 7/17/2014Returning to the Tarry Lodge and expecting a great dining experience was what we had in mind when we walked thru the door the other night. What we found instead was an almost surreal experience of being transported to a trendy restaurant somewhere in Italy where people appeared to be in the perfect atmosphere and everything that we tried was fresh and expertly prepared just for us!Special Features:
- Food was averagerestaurantexplorerVIPDined on 7/13/2014For all of the hype the food is average. The appetizers were good we had a few pizza's (sausage and Gorgonzola was the best) and the mixed meat board. As for main course the Osso Bucca was great and the rest of us were either disappointed or felt the dishes were average. For example the cornish hen scarpiella was disappointing and the salmon was average. For all of the fan fair was expecting a lot more.Special Features:
- SurprisingNiteoutDined on 7/12/2014After so many good reviews was surprised the food was just "ok".
- Good value, huge potions, good foodFingersDined on 7/8/2014Overall this was a very good/great place for lunch. The pizzas are not like they were before the new owner. Still they were very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun casual restaurantLadydiVIPDined on 7/5/2014We were shown to a table that my husband didn't like right next to the kitchen ( the restaurant was 1/2 empty) so we opted to have dinner at the bar. Loved the bartender, he was fun to be around and provided great service and recommendations. Love the nancy salad and had pasta and salmon! Food is always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointingOpenMinded1VIPDined on 7/4/2014Being a huge fan of celebrity chefs and cooking shows we just had to try Mario Betalli's restaurant. The service was unprofessional and aweful. Dinner took a painful 3 hours. Drinks took 30 minutes...even a diet coke. The other big problem was the menu itself. There is not a single dish on the menu that doesn't need clarification. It would be nice if everyone spoke fluent Italian but alas we don't. If there was a waiter to explain the menu that would have helped but trying to talk to the waiter, while he is busy looking every where around the restaurant but at you, is very frustrating. Extremely disappointing experience that was expensive as well.
- No subtletydiningdiva1VIPDined on 7/3/2014Tarry Lodge is good for before or after a movie but I would not make it a destination. I understand what Battali and Bastianich are trying to do but for my taste, at least in the pasta dishes, some of the ingredients are too bizarre and others are too pedestrian. The assortment of cold salads that we ordered were all too rich and oily, and over salted. It was difficult to find an interesting salad as a first course that had clean, flavors and was not just lettuce alone or gummed up with things like salami paste or other such contrivances. The broccoli rabe had so much lemon juice that it was inedible, especially with a nice bottle of wine. There is no subtlety coming from the kitchen, just raw power.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's not Esca but .....MaggieOrDined on 7/3/2014Loved the Tarry Lodge. Had a wonderful, intimate birthday dinner with my husband there (his birthday), just the two of us, and we over-ordered because we couldn't choose from the robust menu -- and then enjoyed all of it. The pizza was great, as was the salad, pasta and fish secondi. Great dessert, too. It does not reach the level of Esca or Babbo or some of the other fine Bastianich or Batali restaurants, but it's a great Westchester place and we had a delicious meal and a sweet experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Timer DinersfoodloversDined on 6/29/2014My Husband and I have been searching for real Italian Food and have finally found it! The service the quality of food was outstanding! I have already recommended it to many of my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CfOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014Everything was excellent but it was not until we received the check that I learned that a glass of Malbec that I had ordered was $18. A bit high especially since we never received a by the glass price listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.