Tarry Lodge Port Chester
18 Mill Street
Port Chester, NY 10573Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Tarry Lodge Port Chester
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tarrylodge.com/
- Phone: 9149393111x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday and Monday, Noon to 9:00 pm
Tuesday and Wednesday, Noon to 10:00 pm
Thursday through Saturday, Noon to 11:00 pm
We begin taking reservations one month to the calendar date in advance at 10 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Andy Nusser
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Tarry Lodge offers a wide selection of antipasti, pizzas and pastas for your catering needs.
- Special Events: Tarry Lodge is equipped to host all kinds of events, from intimate celebrations, to blow-out galas, to corporate meetings. Please contact Jennifer Miller at 914 939 3111 x103 to learn more.
- Cross Street: Abendroth Avenue
- Public Transit: Just blocks away from the Port Chester station of Metro North Railway.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There is a private lot on Mill Street. We also have use of the lot at The Shade Store Monday through Saturday after 5 pm. There are 2 municipal parking lots on Abendroth as well as street parking. Complimentary valet parking is available Thursday through Saturday evenings.
A word from Tarry Lodge Port Chester
Tarry Lodge is a trattoria where one can have a light casual meal, treat clients to an unforgettable dinner, or celebrate a special occasion with 60 of your closest friends. We offer an extensive Italian wine list for all budgets.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Tarry Lodge Port Chester - Best Restaurants in Port Chester ›
Tarry Lodge Port Chester reviews from OpenTable diners
202 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (122)neighborhood gem (86)notable wine list (67)special occasion (67)good for groups (56)hot spot (38)romantic (34)great for lunch (29)vibrant bar scene (26)great for brunch (15)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Neighborhood gemtoblisDined on 10/23/2014The calamari appetizer was excellent. The pasta was very good . The truffles were excellent. The wine was good too although it was from Argentina.Special Features:
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/201415 minutes before anyone even acknowledged us. The place was not overly crowded so not sure what the problem was for such a delay. At least 20 minutes before our salads showed up at the table. I had the linguine and clams. The claims were the size of a dime and that was in the shell. My dish was extremely salty. Overall the meal and service was disappointing
- Had higher expectationsMothermagDined on 10/19/2014Disappointed in "no substitutions" policy and mediocrity of food - especially at the price point of this restaurant. Branzino portion small and nothing extraordinary - husband did not care for "fennel" side vegetable and could not substitute. $50.00 for a single chicken that serves 2 people with only 1 side vegetable per serving did not make for a happy diner. Roast Chicken was tasty but nothing that special while broccoli rabe was bitter - would have liked an alternative vegetable. All in all, I would not make any effort to return to this restaurant.
- Disappointing...JMelNYNCDined on 10/18/2014Went with a large party, sat for 30 minutes before being greeted or acknowledged by anyone. Then had to flag down a manager to take our drink order. We had high hopes for the food being a Mario Batali restaurant. The pizzas were delicious, but more than half were disappointed with their entree. We will not return or recommend this restaurant to others. Unhappy that our celebratory dinner was a let down....
- oopsgadtVIPDined on 10/18/2014When we arrived at the restaurant at the time of our reservation we were immediately taken to a table for 2 right behind the front door's reservation desk. The restaurant is huge and there is no reason to give (repeat) customers with reservations the worst table in the house. Cold breeze, lots of noise. After asking for table switch we were moved to a much better table on the second floor. Why would they have done this? Just bad management, I guess. The restaurant is great otherwise.
- loved it!donnaDined on 10/13/2014My first time at this restaurant- loved everything about it. Our waiter (Sal) was phenomenal. All his recommendations were fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service, ok foodTurbotdinerDined on 10/11/2014Waitress was disinterested and unpleasant. Food was ok. Some hits some misses. Dessert was the best, custard and berries was the hit.
- anniversary dinnersamkDined on 10/9/2014Came for our 10 year anniversary dinner. food and service was great. cant wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First impressions count.NYCJayVIPDined on 10/8/2014The people working the front desk were icy and u accommodating. And it was a slow night. No excuses. Not up to par. Everything else was great until we had to see them again on the way out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/8/2014Seating in the bar was noisy and the food was better than average, but nnot spectacular.Special Features:
- Delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2014Service was great and food was superb. Would go back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lack of attentive serviceMarkDined on 10/5/2014have visited Tarry Lodge many times but unfortunately, this time the service was inattentive and mediocre. Server somewhat inpatient and rushed. A "thank you" at the end of the meal was never received, not even when presenting the check. I know they can do better.Special Features:
- Osso buccoBillVIPDined on 10/3/2014I come to this fantastic place for this dish, it is special, like the whole menuSpecial Features:
- Delicious!doc1Dined on 10/3/2014Food was really good, as always -- the pizza margherita takes me back to Rome However, the noise level can get a bit high and hamper conversation, so, I usually prefer to sit upstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingTisalsDined on 10/2/2014Pleasant atmosphere and outstanding food and service. Tried the Lagone wine and loved the personal touch having the wine maker present the wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/1/2014As always, the food was delicious, but the noise level,was unpleasantly loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian comfort food and moreJPG7VIPDined on 10/1/2014Food is solid for the price and service is in general very good. Pizzas are thin and delicious (get the truffle and guanciale), octopus starter was also solid. Pasta was a bit of a mixed bag depending on what you are looking for. Some of the more "basic" offerings are just that, good but nothing memorable. The black past however is outstanding, I've had it twice, two different preparations, and it's towards the top of my favorite pasta dishes.Special Features:
- Good food in unexpected locationPepeneroDined on 9/28/2014The street this restaurant is in is a South American hub peppered with Mexican, Colombian, and Peruvian restaurants. Finding a Batali's/bastianich enterprise here was surprising. However, the food did not disappoint. The pastas were unteresting and flavorful. The fish was fresh and tasty. It was good to have a brunch menu with no eggs and waffles but with "real" food. We even stopped at the Italian wine and food market and bought Nebbiolo and some mortadella.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Having read about 50 rave reviews, we decided to go as we are big foodies. I ordered the Gnocchi Sorentino, my visiting German friend order a pizza and my other friend ordered the ravioli. The pizza came and it was a gluey mess of cheese very thick and rubbery with a totally soggy crust. I love Gnocci and was excited to taste it. My mouth went on fire. It was very spicy hot altho other wise flavorless. My German friend could not eat his pizza and told the waiter. I asked why this Sorrentino (which we looked up on line and it is supposed to be a rather simple tomatoe sauce) was so spicy. The ravioli was delicious. In any case I will NEVER go back. The noise level was out of bounds. And the ambiance is lackluster.
- Slightly disappointedMaybeitsjustmeDined on 9/25/2014we went with friends before the recent Plant show at the Capital. The octopus was good, however the salads were piled way to high over the smaller plates, the bacalao needed alittle desalting, I made the mistake of thinking Marios kitchen staff could make a better bolognase than what I put out for my kids, I was wrong, the pasta my friends wife had was still hard not al dente. Overall performed slightly better than a local pizza joint. Not what I expected.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/24/2014We were very disappointed when on arriving we got seated at a table right in the doorway next to the hostess counter and on requesting a different table, said nothing else was available except a seat at the bar. This poorly positioned table should be left for walk-ins, not someone who made a reservation 5 days in advance!! We decided to leave and eat elsewhere.Special Features:
- Highly recommendedDDD09Dined on 9/20/2014A fine restaurant. The menu could use a few more items to choose from, but it is still strong as is. It's just in a very unexciting and ordinary location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disaster!!!! Just shocking!mimiVIPDined on 9/16/2014I booked & requested a "quiet spot" due to hearing issues. The hostess said "I have the perfect spot" Our guests arrived and all was well until a little while later a party of 4 adults and 2 young female children were seated at the table beside us. They were INCREDIBLY LOUD, the children out of control and largely ignored. The children were never disciplined and ran around the table screaming, pushing chairs, totally out of control. I got up to speak with the hostess and she said There's nothing I can do". The food was very good but our evening was ruined completely and the restaurant knew it and did nothing except bring 4 unwanted half glasses of Prosecco as we were presented with the check.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014The meal started off well and our waiter was extremely nice. However, our main courses came at all different times and my mother did not receive her main dish until 20 minutes after everyone else. We had to ask several times and when it did turn up, the meat was undercooked and ill prepared. This was very sad because it was her birthday.
- disjointed entreeMonicaVIPDined on 9/5/2014I have been to the Tarry Lodge numerous time, but this time the service and food were not good. We saw the waiter 3 times during the entire meal, which included the order, way after the food was on the table, and at the end to pick up the money. I ordered bass served over tomatoes and escarole in a wine sauce. The escarole was so tough that I had to spit it out because it was so tough and the wine sauce was not sauce at all, but thin and without flavor; it was if the wine was poured straight out of the bottle and heated slightly. My husbands pasta was severely missing the sauce. Ridiculous price for a bad meal.
- Our anniversary dinnermitch7733Dined on 9/5/2014My wife and I celebrated our 43rd wedding anniversary here. The food, Osso Buco for her and Striped Bass for me, was delicious. (I had the roasted beets as a starter -- yum. The service was discreet but available, and the desserts topped off a fine meal. Our one small caveat: the Bastianich house rosé was okay, not great (And I'm such a fan of Lidia's show!)Special Features:
- pricey, loud and crowdedBellsKitchenDined on 9/4/2014Came for the name, stayed for the veal, but won't return. Food was great. However the tables are too close together - I learned more about the people at the nearby tables than I did my own. Also, the barren walls and floor create a lot of background noise.
- gerryjudgementVIPDined on 9/3/2014The food was very good. The service could be more attentive but overall good. I would like to return when it is less crowded in the bar area.Special Features:
- Try the Clam LinguiniCostBenefitDined on 9/1/2014Bet all the dishes are good but the Calm Linguini is excellent. Good service and reasonable price.Special Features:
- tangoVIPDined on 8/29/2014We were a party of 3, All meals were well prepared, tasty and very enjoyable to the palate . Waitress was busy training a new waiter. She did not neglect us but we had to summon her back when we could, when something like a fork or knife was missing from the table. I had the pasta with shrimp, great. My wife had the burrata, and 3rd party had a delicious salmon dish. A great meal , and a pleasant evening/.Special Features:
- Fantastic night for our group!DFCB145Dined on 8/28/2014Tarry Lodge is my go-to spot for a much-deserved night out on the town. Thursday night was another terrific evening - excellent service, great wine and of course, the food is perfection on a plate. Hadn't had the TL Punch before and one could assume the TL is for Tarry Lodge - or perhaps "Totally Luscious"?! My favorite was the gnocchi with the pork… Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findjlminvVIPDined on 8/25/2014Beautiful rooms, great food and service. Pizza was wonderful as was Salami saladSpecial Features:
- Happy extended familyKateTPBDined on 8/23/2014Great place to go for large groups - particularly extended family - casual or special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodhappydinerDined on 8/23/2014we have been at the restaurant several times and it always has been a good experience. This time we had a table upstairs. By far the best location when one wants a private and noise-free meal.Special Features:
- always sloppy waitserviceBruceVIPDined on 8/22/2014As always, the food is great, and the seasonal menu revisions are creative. The main problem, each visit, is the untrained, casual, sloppy waitservice. With the prices here, the staff should have professional training and bearings.
- Losing some grounddoc1023VIPDined on 8/16/2014We have been here many times. The menu was updated and there were some good choices. The kitchen could not send out food the way it was ordered. A pork chop,(highly recommended by the waiter) came out bone dry and very, very, very tough. Salmon was OK on the 2nd try. Too bad, we used to love this restaurantI would recommend this to a friend.
- A Train WreckVtfoodieDined on 8/15/2014We have had decent meals here in the past but Friday night was awful. Dirty silverware at 3 of our place settings. Entrees arrived 45 minutes after appetizers were cleared and then only 3 of the 4. One of the pasta dishes had been "dropped on the floor". 10 minutes later the 4th entree (pasta) arrived and was so undercooked (hard in the middle) that we sent it back. Manager was of no help whatsoever.
- Lovely gem in downtown Port ChesterdwroesekejrDined on 8/12/2014This was our second trip here for a special occasion. Great menu, very attentive, can get rather loud in all areas but downstairs seems to be best. Go early though if you want peace and quiet to start. The sampler Anitpasti platters are large and a great way to share and start. Order all three (vegetable, meat and seafood) and you'll be done!Special Features:
- Awesome findGoogDined on 8/9/2014Outstanding food- loved the salumi salad and the tagliatelle with bolognese sauce was incredible. When it comes to dessert you should order one of everything!!!! This will became your favorite once you dine here for sure!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable spot for a good eveningwiedVIPDined on 8/7/2014We hosted clients there and enjoyed great Italian food raised to a gourmet levelSpecial Features: