Tarry Lodge Port Chester
18 Mill Street
Port Chester, NY 10573Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Tarry Lodge Port Chester
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tarrylodge.com/
- Phone: (914) 939-3111
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday and Monday, Noon to 9:00 pm
Tuesday and Wednesday, Noon to 10:00 pm
Thursday through Saturday, Noon to 11:00 pm
We begin taking reservations one month to the calendar date in advance at 10 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Andy Nusser
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Tarry Lodge offers a wide selection of antipasti, pizzas and pastas for your catering needs.
- Special Events: Tarry Lodge is equipped to host all kinds of events, from intimate celebrations, to blow-out galas, to corporate meetings. Please contact Jennifer Miller at 914 939 3111 x103 to learn more.
- Cross Street: Abendroth Avenue
- Public Transit: Just blocks away from the Port Chester station of Metro North Railway.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There is a private lot on Mill Street. We also have use of the lot at The Shade Store Monday through Saturday after 5 pm. There are 2 municipal parking lots on Abendroth as well as street parking. Complimentary valet parking is available Thursday through Saturday evenings.
A word from Tarry Lodge Port Chester
Tarry Lodge is a trattoria where one can have a light casual meal, treat clients to an unforgettable dinner, or celebrate a special occasion with 60 of your closest friends. We offer an extensive Italian wine list for all budgets.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Tarry Lodge Port Chester - Best Restaurants in Port Chester ›
Tarry Lodge Port Chester reviews from OpenTable diners
237 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (156)neighborhood gem (94)good for groups (81)special occasion (79)notable wine list (76)hot spot (48)romantic (41)great for lunch (41)vibrant bar scene (36)kid-friendly (22)great for brunch (16)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Tarry LodgeHEPearlVIPDined on 11/20/2014This restaurant is not worth the time. We are total foodies and love wine; the price of the wines by the glass is totally absurd, so high. We are not in NY guys! And I dislike that there are only Italian wines on the menu. We live in America where there are many wonderful wines. That is so pretentious. My salad was made with chicory which is not the most pleasant green. The eggplant parmesan is average-- the tomato sauce had too much sugar in it. Not impressed.
- There are better restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/19/2014I do not recommend this restaurant to anyone who is claustrophobic, the tables are literally on top of each other and its terrible. The food wasn't bad, but it wasn't amazing either. There is a lot of hype around this restaurant, and I just didn't see it. Serafina in white plains is a lot better. Our server was amazing though, but the food can definitely be improved on.Special Features:
- Good buzz even on Sunday eveningStuartDVIPDined on 11/16/2014The atmosphere is always lively here. There is always a wide range of dishes many of which are quite original. The beer selection is unusually eclectic for an Italian restaurant. Highlights were the baccala starter and the Central Waters IPA beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not live up to expectations.WestportWinsDined on 11/15/2014Arrived earlier than my 8:45 reservation to have a drink in the bar which was far too crowded to enjoy. Bar tab could not transfer to dining check. My table was on the third floor and I was never asked if stairs would be a problem. My Tarry Greens had many brown edged pieces. Unusually long time between salads and main course. Bartender and wait staff were very good. Hostess was not personable- almost robotic. I had a far better experience in the Westport location.
- Gorgeous space in Port ChesterDeidz60VIPDined on 11/15/2014Came almost an hour late for our reservation (we called ahead-- bad traffic accident). They couldn't have been more understanding and accommodating. Food is superb. don't miss the octopus salad. Pizzas are all special-- thin crispy crust, delicious toppings. We shared the bronzino--plenty for the two of us. Fileted table-side. The wine list is varied and reasonable. Finished with out-of-this world biscotti and a heavenly port. Wait staff was especially sweet and very professional. All in all, a do-not-miss dining experience. Real gem of a place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RickDined on 11/13/2014This was our first time at Tarry Lodge and we enjoyed the restaurant. The food was good but expensive. The wine list was extensive but there were very few inexpensive selections. We hope to return the next time we have a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxnMg123VIPDined on 11/12/2014----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Special Features:
- pleasuredinerDined on 11/11/2014What makes this a restaurant to go to is the food, which is very, very good. Thee atmosphere is Ok, the noise level is OK, unless you are seated in the room where the bar is. Prices are a bit high but not out of line for the quality of the food. Prices for wine are excessive, $14.00 for a glass of a modest wine is too much.Special Features:
- Pizza to die for!MomsDayOffVIPDined on 11/11/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Tarry Lodge with my two teenagers. We ordered three different types of pizza. All were so delicious. Loved the gorgonzola, caramelized onions on one pizza. The prosciutto and arugula pizza was terrific. We also ordered the carni misti appetizer. So yummy. My teens loved this restaurant. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningDougVIPDined on 11/9/2014We visited Tarry lodge during restaurant Week. The food was very good and for a fixed price menu, they provide ample portions. Our only complaint was that we waited an hour for our meals to come. The restaurant was busy, but there were open tables. As we were leaving, we heard another couple complaining about their long wait for their meals so it was not just us. That glitch aside, we had a good meal and we will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!Suzfl912Dined on 11/9/2014A wonderful place for a date with your hubby, or a family dinner! The food was absolutely delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Superb FoodCherrimaeDined on 11/7/2014This restaurant is a treasure outside Manhattan and arguably the best in the area within 100 miles. There is no dish we have ever offered here that we did not agree was sublime. It is on the pricey side but the superiority of the presentation and taste and far beyond satisfactory quality of the food explains the price. The portions have slightly decreased over time (see the Branzino, a cheap fish one would think would not offer much savings to our hosts unless the larger fish are now impossible to find) but it bears mentioning that the salads, desserts, entrees and appetizers are for the most part sublime. reserve preferred seat.Special Features:
- westchester restaurant weekbobbycDined on 11/6/2014wife chose from the wrw menu and was very satisfied with the choices, i ventured off and enjoyed my meal as well. nice place, nice staff, good food.Special Features:
- Good food Manhattan drink pricesDoverDined on 11/4/2014The food was wonderful, but I think the prices for a single glass if wine, or even a soda for that matter, are more in line with Manhattan than Westchester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing once againOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/3/2014On our 3rd try we find this restaurant to be no where near what a Batali/Bastiancy place should be and others are. Do not be fooled by the names of the owners. Be prepared for less than average food and indifferent service.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/3/2014Service was slow when the restaurant was not busy but as it got busier they realized we were there and we felt rushedI would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choiceiluv2eatDined on 11/3/2014Went for restaurant week and was not disappointed. Look forward to returning. While the choices were limited they were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/1/2014One of our favorite spots! Especially hits the spot late night after a movie. Not many places in area serve delicious food this late!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious menu choicesBabsVIPDined on 11/1/2014A restaurant on several floors,including a casual bar, tavern room. Large menu with great appetizer choices,pastas,fish and meats. Although they were very busy,our server came often to the table to keep us notified about the food coming out. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Great floodpg60Dined on 10/30/2014The food and presentation were excellent. Any if the pasta dishes were cooked perfectly. The service was good overallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A WinnerotismymanDined on 10/30/2014Our Tuesday disaster meal at Il Sogno was more than rectified by this gem of a restaurant in Port Chester. The Frutti Di Mare, Orecchiette with spicy sausage and rapine and the Porchetta with Corona Beans were absolutely spot on. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- So glad we wentJuliaDined on 10/30/2014Wonderful food. Great pizza and fabulous lobster special. We will be back!Special Features:
- Choppy entryMileneDined on 10/28/2014See private notes MmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingmikeytatsDined on 10/26/2014Another amazing experience at Tarry Lodge. Service is excellent and the food is nothing shy of amazing. I have yet to have a mediocre experience in 6 visits.Special Features:
- kmn123Dined on 10/25/2014Food was delicious and the wait staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Drink prices are absolutely ridiculous.Special Features:
- Great FoodLeenDined on 10/25/2014the ambience is great, the food is great, the wine is great but service is lacking. I would definitely recommend Tarry Lodge and I have been there quite a few times just be prepared that the service is lacking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delizioso!SheWolf04Dined on 10/24/2014Went with husband, my parents, and cousins, so we had a multi-generational group of Italians. We LOVED it. Antipasti Carne was enough for all 6, cocktail and wine options were varied and well done, meat was cooked superbly and pasta was perfectly al dente, sauced well and ALL FRESHLY MADE. The waiter and sommelier were knowledgeable, helpful, friendly and prompt. We were congratulated by our very picky, very foodie Italian family on our choice of restaurant. There was not one problem with these meal and it was more than worth the price. Molto bene!Special Features:
- Strangely disappointingJoanAdriaVIPDined on 10/24/2014We've eaten here several times now, so the food has been good enough for repeat visits. This last dinner wasn't notable. The osso buco came too long after the first plates and was overly seasoned, the linguine fine and clams was good but not as tasty as last time...perhaps because it was too salty. We bought desserts at the store. The chocolate cake was very good, but the tira misu was dominated by sugar and no other taste. I guess we'll give it one more try, but without the enthusiasm we've had in the past.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemtoblisDined on 10/23/2014The calamari appetizer was excellent. The pasta was very good . The truffles were excellent. The wine was good too although it was from Argentina.Special Features:
- MediocreAnnieDined on 10/19/201415 minutes before anyone even acknowledged us. The place was not overly crowded so not sure what the problem was for such a delay. At least 20 minutes before our salads showed up at the table. I had the linguine and clams. The claims were the size of a dime and that was in the shell. My dish was extremely salty. Overall the meal and service was disappointing
- Off nightwifeyVIPDined on 10/19/2014Service was slow and inattentive. Food was not up to its normal standards.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had higher expectationsMothermagDined on 10/19/2014Disappointed in "no substitutions" policy and mediocrity of food - especially at the price point of this restaurant. Branzino portion small and nothing extraordinary - husband did not care for "fennel" side vegetable and could not substitute. $50.00 for a single chicken that serves 2 people with only 1 side vegetable per serving did not make for a happy diner. Roast Chicken was tasty but nothing that special while broccoli rabe was bitter - would have liked an alternative vegetable. All in all, I would not make any effort to return to this restaurant.
- Disappointing...JMelNYNCDined on 10/18/2014Went with a large party, sat for 30 minutes before being greeted or acknowledged by anyone. Then had to flag down a manager to take our drink order. We had high hopes for the food being a Mario Batali restaurant. The pizzas were delicious, but more than half were disappointed with their entree. We will not return or recommend this restaurant to others. Unhappy that our celebratory dinner was a let down....
- oopsgadtVIPDined on 10/18/2014When we arrived at the restaurant at the time of our reservation we were immediately taken to a table for 2 right behind the front door's reservation desk. The restaurant is huge and there is no reason to give (repeat) customers with reservations the worst table in the house. Cold breeze, lots of noise. After asking for table switch we were moved to a much better table on the second floor. Why would they have done this? Just bad management, I guess. The restaurant is great otherwise.
- loved it!donnaDined on 10/13/2014My first time at this restaurant- loved everything about it. Our waiter (Sal) was phenomenal. All his recommendations were fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service, ok foodTurbotdinerDined on 10/11/2014Waitress was disinterested and unpleasant. Food was ok. Some hits some misses. Dessert was the best, custard and berries was the hit.
- anniversary dinnersamkDined on 10/9/2014Came for our 10 year anniversary dinner. food and service was great. cant wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First impressions count.NYCJayVIPDined on 10/8/2014The people working the front desk were icy and u accommodating. And it was a slow night. No excuses. Not up to par. Everything else was great until we had to see them again on the way out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/8/2014Seating in the bar was noisy and the food was better than average, but nnot spectacular.Special Features:
- Delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2014Service was great and food was superb. Would go back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.