140 S. Murphy Ave.
Sunnyvale, CA 94086Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dinetarragon.com/
- Phone: 4087378003
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 4:00 pm - 6:00pm BAR AREA Half off Drinks
Dinner: Monday thru Saturday 5pm
Sundays - CLOSED
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer 3 course menu's, buffet, seafood bar, tons of appetizer platters, and multiple drink packages to suit your party's needs. Large private dining room for up to 250 people.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a large banquet room, for either conferences off sites, receptions, retirement parties, rehearsal dinners and wedding receptions. Special menus to choose from starting at $35 to $65 per person or buffet menus as well.
- Private Party Contact: Dottia Bilic 4087378003
- Special Events: Early Bird 3 course meal 20.00 per person from 5 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. Over 10 entrees to choose from.
A word from Tarragon
Sometimes, it all comes together. The look, the feel, the flavor, the service. At Tarragon, we like to surprise people. While our location is Downtown Sunnyvale, our atmosphere is very uptown, indeed. Our menu provides fresh and local flavors. Whether it's our oven baked seafood, sausage & chicken paella, or fresh beef prepared over a mesquite grill, dinner at Tarragon is unforgettable. Tarragon also features a banquet room for private dining for up to 250 people with amenities including a full bar, dance floor, and patio.Continued
Come and surprise yourself.
Come and surprise yourself.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tarragon reviews from OpenTable diners
- It was our first time at theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2012It was our first time at the Tarragon. The experience was very pleasant.Special Features:
- First dinner at TarragonFeedMeVIPDined on 12/28/2012Three of the four people in my group ordered filet steaks. The steaks were all cooked to specification and delicious. The other dinner was the Ahi. This was also delicious and cooked perfect. The deserts were also yummy. This was our first time at Tarragon and will be back for sure.Special Features:
- good food, but a little tooOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/22/2012good food, but a little too heavy on the garlic. In both our meals. the pork with polenta and the ravioli.
- Not Bad - I probably won't be BackUhu14Dined on 12/22/2012I just went here for my anniversary. Overall this place is good with a few drawbacks. The ambience is warm and welcoming. Food better than average. Paella was tasty but appeared to be prepared with cheese or cream which was not how paella tasted in Spanish restaurants Ive dined at. Prices are fair. It seems most diners were there for the $20 early bird specials. I was not impressed with our server who got our salad order wrong on two items- not splitting the portions into two dishes and not keeping the dressing separate. No one recognized that we where there for our anniversary either which I presume the maitre d should have been able to see on the Open Tablel reservation.
- A GREAT SURPRISE ON OUR FIRST VISITRomantenDined on 12/22/2012It was our first time there. First impression was a reminder of "Joe's of San Rafael". It has a long curved walkway from the back door to the front door. The bar has ample seating and shows some class. We started with a "wedge" and it was great, the best we've had. The Caesar's salad was good as well especially with the added anchovies. We had lamb chops that were outrageously good and a scampi dish that was good but not a good the the lamb chops. The prices are very reasonable and our server (Amelia) was outstanding! We will be returning to Tarragon, hopefully often.Special Features:
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/21/2012After reading positive reviews, decided to check this place out while waiting for our daughter to finish her 2 hour practice. Service was excellent but that was about it. Drinks were too tart for what they should've been. Wife's scampi and pasta was good albeit the pasta was a bit oily. However my seafood paella was extremely dry and frankly uneatble. Ended up transferring what meat incould find over to my wife's oily pasta just to satisfy a meal. Won't be going back and am recommending others try any one of the many, many other better places on the strip.
- Their early bird dinner isOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/21/2012Their early bird dinner is the best bargain in town! For $20 a great salad, rack of lamb (all right it's just 3 ribs, but very meaty and perfectly prepared) and a yummy dessert. Their early bird wine is $4 a glass, so this is a wonderful weeknight dinner if you can handle eating early! Great atmosphere too.Special Features:
- We went early and they haveOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/17/2012We went early and they have a lovely early dinner special although that's not what we were looking for. Three courses all for about 20.00 - so very reasonable. The only negative was the wait staff was quite slow and we waited at least 20 min for our wine. The food was excellent however and the ambience is fine as well.Special Features:
- We went for the early birdCorneliaVIPDined on 12/14/2012We went for the early bird special and had a great time, a very lovely dinner, a wedding anniversary. Good services, excellent rack of lambs was recommended by our server and because of that my husband ordered another second serving of rack of lamb. Good job for our server named "Brandon" and to bus staff named "Carmelo". Cioppino was tasty, too. Good red wine for $4 a glass.Special Features:
- Good value in my opinion.OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 12/8/2012Good value in my opinion. It is getting busier this time of year with all the holiday parties but service managed to keep up and my wife and I felt like we got decent service.Special Features:
- We took advantage of the Earlyfoodie2Dined on 12/4/2012We took advantage of the Early Bird Dinner and were very pleased. The food was delicious and there was plenty of it. The service was great. We were looking for a quiet, nice place for dinner that was not too expensive and this definitely fit the bill.Special Features:
- Great ResturantOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/28/2012My favorite place in the South Bay!! Food is excellent & workers are friendly.Special Features:
- Had the Thanksgiving dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2012Had the Thanksgiving dinner and loved it!!! We're quickly becoming regulars here. All of the holiday meals have been absolutely perfect :)Special Features:
- Thanksgiving fixed price wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012Thanksgiving fixed price was reasonably priced and very satisfying.Special Features:
- We ate at Tarragon's lastOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012We ate at Tarragon's last Thanksgiving and enjoyed it so returned this year. Again, we were very pleased.Special Features:
- Stuck on FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/17/2012Although everything was good, salad was served with baked on food from dishwasher on bottom of dish. I told the waitress who said she would tell the chef. I thought the salad should have been removed from the bill, but it wasn't.Special Features:
- Great food - not so great host!AndiDined on 10/26/2012We have been here several times before and will return; the food is fabulous! Our waitperson, Josh, was wonderful! One negative is the host (manager?). He's not a friendly person and didn't greet us in a welcoming manner. In fact, I called ahead to find out about the singer that was going to appear that evening and this same man was quite rude on the phone. Still, the food and vibrant neighborhood is enough to keep us coming back. Try to sit in Josh's section and you will be extra happy!Special Features:
- Murphy Street in SunnyvaleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2012Murphy Street in Sunnyvale is a mecca for food lovers. There are some very popular food hot spots. I did some online and word f mouth research. Not knowing what tastes the others had, I chose Tarragon. It was a special occasion, a sort of mini HS reunion lunch. To ensure we had a reservation I joined OpenTable. It was a Friday. The reservation was confirmed no problem. Tarragon's lunch menu was great and the food...fantastic. Had the Calamari, Soup of the day - Red Clam Chowder, Mesquite grilled Salmon, and Mesquite grilled Chicken Salad. Everyone loved their dishes. Jennifer our server was awesome. I recommend both Tarragon and OpenTable.Special Features:
- Food was wonderful and ourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/22/2012Food was wonderful and our waiter was out of this world. Went with a group and we can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Food was vary good, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012Food was vary good, service was good, atmosphere nice...highly recommend to all my friends.Special Features:
- Everything was fantastic -OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/5/2012Everything was fantastic - the food, the service, the ambiance. From the moment my husband and I walked in, it was a fantastic experience.Special Features:
- Tarragon is an absolute gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/5/2012Tarragon is an absolute gem! I was amazed at the food -- great selections, great flavor, great presentation. And the service was outstanding!!Special Features:
- Very reasonably priced lunchbfukumotoDined on 10/3/2012Very reasonably priced lunch menu. We had a group gathering of people and the total bill before before tip was only $73. Food was very good, served hot and fast.Special Features:
- Underwhelmed with this dinner.winegalDined on 10/2/2012Underwhelmed with this dinner. It was my birthday, but service was very lacking, slow, waited 5 minutes at the hostess stand when we first walked in. And I had a reservation. Food was good, everyone at table had something different and agreed but service was very slow for how empty the restaurant was...even saw our server eating during our service!
- Tarragon Restaurant - a Quiet FindOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/1/2012Lovely and quiet restaurant. Great service and the food was excellent and reasonably priced. Variations on the menu items were welcomed and food made-to-order/request. We will go back again and again. We also held a beautiful 50th Wedding Anniversary Party here upstairs that was a total hit - Couldn't have been better. Very tasteful ambiance, set-up, dance floor, balcony, etc.Special Features:
- We once again returned toOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 9/29/2012We once again returned to Tarragon, this time with friends who had never been there, and all of us had a wonderful time. Their special early bird menu is, quite frankly, unbeatable for their offerings and price. I recommend this place to others whenever I get a chance.Special Features:
- I've always enjoyed diningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2012I've always enjoyed dining at Tarragon. I was pleased when the restaurant began serving lunch again.Special Features:
- friendly & accommodating staffomniDined on 8/18/2012friendly & accommodating staff with decent food. great value if dining early - early bird menu.Special Features:
- I took my team for a teamOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 8/15/2012I took my team for a team lunch to Tarragon, and although the restaurant wasn't crowded, both the service and attention of the server were poor. We waited over 20 minutes for him to take our order, and only got one check-back during the 90 min meal. The food did not come out as advertised - 3 of the salads were missing key ingredients (strawberries, apples, etc.), and the portions were disproportional to the cost of the entree. One member of my team said this used to be her favorite place on Murphy St. to eat, but it has declined in quality and service over the past 2 years, and she never comes here again. I should have listened to her review before booking the table.
- Very good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/11/2012Great food, friendly staff, and attentive waiters and waitresses. Always consistent. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Went to Tarragon to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2012Went to Tarragon to celebrate my birthday and took advantage of the Early Bird specials. The entrees were varied and accommodated all of our tastes. The baked brie appetizer was outstanding. The noise level allowed for conversations without shouting even though there was a street band playing near the restaurant. A nice change from the burger/pizza joints on the same street.Special Features:
- Good dinner and great value.UnhappyDined on 8/3/2012Enjoyed a lovely dinner with another couple, good friends. We all said we would come back again. The happy hour and dinner before 5:45 pm were a great value.
- We sat outside and enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/28/2012We sat outside and enjoyed Sunnyvale's Saturday night live music from a distance close enough to hear music but far enough to carry a conversation without shouting. I ordered eggplant parm and a stuffed green pepper and was not disappointed. The seared ahi and filet mignon also got rave reviews. Outstanding service from our waiter who checked-in frequently even though we were the furthermost from the kitchen. They were accommodating for our two little ones as well.Special Features:
- My food was cold and the meatNatiVIPDined on 7/26/2012My food was cold and the meat was over done. My friend orded the paella and hers looked pipping hot! I think both dished were cooked at the same time and my dish just sat there until the paella was ready. Service was just ok.
- Very nice - great when youOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2012Very nice - great when you have a visiting colleague who deserves a nicer lunch; too formal for bigger work groups.Special Features:
- We had a business meetingunruhlyDined on 7/16/2012We had a business meeting there... food was nice, service friendly but inobtrusive and they allowed us to continue our meeting without ever feeling rushed.Special Features:
- Excellent ChoiceBDMaustinVIPDined on 7/16/2012Visited Silicon Valley for the first time so I had no idea where to begin to look for a nice local restaurant, but my client suggested Tarragon. It is located in downtown Sunnyvale on a street with many restaurants, bars and people watching. The interiors have a deco influence; warm and inviting. Service was very attentive throughout the meal. The menu was an average size with a nice mix of options to select from and the food was very good. I had a hanger steak that was cooked perfectly. They have a nice size bar which seemed quite popular for a Monday night. I would definitely recommend Tarragon.Special Features:
- Tarragon was delicious!! RecommendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2012Tarragon was delicious!! Recommend going :) the stuffed chicken was amazing, the baked brie was also great, and the prime rib special was seasoned to perfection! Thank you Tarragon for a great experience!Special Features:
- What I love about TarragonOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/10/2012What I love about Tarragon is that it is at early bird time for good conversation. The food on the early bird menu is delicious. There are five of us who meet at Tarragon routinely as it is such a nice place to gather, dine, and talk.
- Awesome early bird special!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/9/2012Awesome early bird special! Lots of food, very tasty