Tarpon Bay at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa
5001 Coconut Road
Bonita Springs, FL 34134Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Tarpon Bay at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.coconutpoint.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/entertainment/restaurants/index.jsp
- Phone: 2393904295
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Noel Willhite
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment - Friday, Saturday 7pm-10pm
A word from Tarpon Bay at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa
Delight yourself and your guest with Florida's freshest seafood. Featuring a ceviche bar and Key West Inspired ambiance. Please join us for your birthday or anniversary and accept our gift of any bottle of wine or champagne for half price.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Tarpon Bay at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa - Best Restaurants in Bonita Springs ›
Tarpon Bay at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (11)special occasion (11)good for groups (10)romantic (7)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- sanblfoodieDined on 9/26/2014Live nearby and have never eaten here before. Had the summer seafood special and it was great. We will be back.Special Features:
- Jim007Dined on 9/24/2014Food is very good and fresh always. Service was horrible on this occasion. We were celebrating my kids 13th and 16th birthdays and we left without getting birthday desserts as service was so slow. Ended up in lobby getting ice cream. Big disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversarymuddiuchDined on 9/23/2014Super place for a special anniversary. We were 3 couples all celebrating our anniversaries. We received a great meal, and also key lime pie and chocolates for our special occasion. We were seated in a private room looking over the water. How special, we were all impressed by the whole experience. Thank you for a wonderful and delicious evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No RegretshonestfoodieDined on 9/13/2014This was a food delight and they have a fabulous food special - two people can have a 4 course meal and a bottle of wine (very good selection) for $70 bucks. And you order off the meunu, outstanding value for this quality of food.Special Features:
- Frt food supr ambiance lil portionsflagirlDined on 8/31/2014Enjoyed our evening and dinner, immensely! We were a dinner party of four. Labor day wknd holiday- (Sunday eve). Always have been happy with their fresh, deliciously prepared meals. My favorite being the fresh MAss Oysters~ they were so fresh & wonderful!!!...we chose the following frm the dinner menu: whole fried Snapper (a real star!), the Salmon entree~ delectable but a tad too-small portion (size), & the bbq chicken entree- which was very small portion w lackluster taste. Very friendly & attentive service. Jami was our waitress, & she tried to please..along w what seemed to be the manager who came around the dining room checking on all the clients. Such a lovely restaurant (space/decor). Best is the freshEast Coast, cold water oysters!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jluvs2dineDined on 8/31/2014Friendly staff, great service, food was excellent! Kids loved there chicken and pasta and my picky husband loved his steak. My snapper was delicious. The only miss for me was the ceviche, which I found to be very oily. I am a foodie especially when it comes to good ceviche. This was not the best. The waiter topped the night by giving us free smores kits for the kids to work by the fire pit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacejbkingDined on 8/30/2014Wonderful service, great food, highly recommended!
- Great food consistently.FashionistaVIPDined on 8/22/2014Love this restaurant. Hey are know. For there delicious Ceviche and it is the best ever. Broad menu. Great fresh seafood.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerAnniversaryfunDined on 8/17/2014The food was delicious and sue our server was excellent and friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would try againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We were sat next to the kitchen in a booth. We found it to be pretty loud. The kitchen help were talking loudly as they communicated with each other. I think they need to think about extending the wall higher to block out some of the noise. The food was good. I had the mahi a la carte and asked for it grilled medium as they recommended. I felt is was a little over cooked. The rest of the meal was very good and we had the key lime pie that was absolutely the best I have ever had! We went over to the bar after dinner and sat listening to the jazz with an after dinner drink. I really enjoyed the duo that were playing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for gluten freekriscashDined on 8/9/2014There were so many options for gluten free it was hard to decide!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 275 reviews are from the Tarpon Bay at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa reviews archive.
- A go toHappyladyVIPDined on 5/25/2014One of our favorites when going to Bonita is Tarpon Bay.. We love the quality of the food and a couple of the long term servers we've gotten to know over the yrs.. Unfortunate for us is they had run out of oysters. Probably some of our fault as we waited to dine until Mon of Labor Day weekend. The grouper did not disappoint and their salads are always fresh.. Looking forward to our next visit and oysters!Special Features:
- CruiseVIPDined on 5/24/2014Our friends were staying at the Hyatt and wanted to eat at Tarpon Bay. They were there before and wanted to try it again. Food was OK nothing to write home about. Would not recommend it. A lot better restaurants in the area.
- Simply Oustanding!CaptFidelDined on 5/19/2014The food is amazing and the service impeccable. I would dine here over and over again.Special Features:
- LadyMadonnaDined on 5/10/2014. Beautiful setting. Skip the fried calamari. Our waitress made the experience. A little overpriced. Could be a gem if food quality would improve. Food quality and pricing too typical of hotels with somewhat captive audience.Special Features:
- Anthony's BirthdayAlohajoeDined on 5/2/2014It was everything I expected it to be. We will be back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first timeLaurieAnnDined on 4/27/2014We had heard many positive comments about this restaurant and finally made it for dinner. It is bright, friendly, offers fabulous fresh fish in almost any preparation you can imagine. Casual, welcoming, lovely and delicious!Special Features:
- Dining on the PorchFishloverVIPDined on 4/19/2014Outside dining is very special. The porch is beautiful and equipped with fans or heaters with a fountain and a lake view. We love the food and the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AmbiencebmoreVIPDined on 4/18/2014If you're looking for Ambience this is the place. Let me say, I'm a bit spoiled having a chef n the family so keep this in mind. Snapper Ceviche was tasty. The house-made mozzarella salad was dry & rubbery. Presentation very pretty. Bacon wrapped grouper ( supposedly a fan fav) again, I felt was overcooked. Service was good, for what we spent & all the great restaurants in the area, they need to step it up a notch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazingcollieVIPDined on 4/13/2014Kandice our server is top notch, food quality is amazing as is the different choices and special. You must try the ceviche is the best Iv come across my fav is the conch. Happy eatingSpecial Features:
- Wedding AnniversaryAnniversary5Dined on 4/11/2014The food, the service, the ambiance was fantastic! All I did was write a small note on my OpenTable reservation that it was our wedding anniversary and the hostess actually wished us a Happy Anniversary when she seated us. The food was prepared perfectly and the server (Josh) was committed to providing an excellent dining experience. Even though we did not order dessert (because we were so full from the generous portions off the menu) they prepared a special dessert with "Happy Anniversary" written on the plate. My wife was floored, she thought I planned the whole thing, but it was just great service by the staff! Well done and thank you! We look forward to coming back many times in the future!Special Features:
- great foodamymhoDined on 4/4/2014We celebrated our tenth anniversary here and have spent several other important occasions here too. This time our waits wasn't as attentive add the last several. We were there almost three hours because service was so slow. They did comp our appetizers and have us a free crembrullee desert but we were paying for a babysitter. Good food and great ceviche.Special Features:
- Special OccasionLdavila12Dined on 3/26/2014We celebrated my mothers 78th Birthday with Dinner at Tarpon Bay. We started off with their amazing lobster macaroni. The food was excellent, my wife had the surf & turf and my mother and I had the full snapper. Our server Josh was very attentive, top notch. I would highly recommend Tarpon Bay at the Hyatt Regency Coconut for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't disapointReliableVIPDined on 3/22/2014As expected, the service was very good. Every item we ordered from the ceviche to the key lime pie was delicious.Special Features:
- Server was helpful and informative,OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 3/21/2014Server was helpful and informative, but slow in responding.Special Features:
- Definitely worth a tryMehhhVIPDined on 3/21/2014Hotel guests who usually eat dinner off property. The was a very nice seafood restaurant, good choices, excellent selections and priced as one would expect. I would pass on the Shrimp and Grits next time in favor of any other dish, just not memorable and in an odd (for me) sauce. Plus the grits are separated form the shrimp requiring one to mix their own on the plate. Small item but just not the way I am used to seeing them. The Scallops (grilled) were exceptional and very large. Seafood pasta enjoyed by another. Really worth a second visit.
- If you love fish...MikeDined on 3/21/2014...eat here. They have a great selection of freshly caught local fish such as grouper and snapper as well as flown in choices from places like Scotland. I had the snapper and loved it. My wife has tasty diver scallops. Portions are reasonable and sauces add a nice flair. Desserts such as lava cake and key lime pie lived up to their promise. My only disappointment was the shrimp cocktail. Shrimp was bland and texture seemed defrosted. The dipping sauce had no bite at all. Overall though a tasty meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great seafooddynealotDined on 3/21/2014Great seafood, fish always prepared very nicely with delicious sauces. Side vegetables are cooked very well and delicious, not just a plate filler. Service was great when our waitress had time for us, but restaurant was very busy and understaffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service, mediocre overpricedFredVIPDined on 3/20/2014We had a group of 10 for dinner and made reservations weeks in advance requesting the outside porch. We confirmed the outside porch with the restaurant verbally in advance. When we arrived, they had us booked for a private room with no view or ambiance. After complaining, they made us wait about 20 minutes while they set up a table on the porch. Food was mediocre and over priced. Too many good restaurants in the area to ever return to Tarpon Bay.
- Everything was great. SmallThismancooksDined on 3/16/2014Everything was great. Small detail, not once did the waiter check to see if anyone at my table needed water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the waterlastbidsDined on 3/16/2014Return trips to Tarpon Bay always brings us back to the veranda overlooking the water. The sound of the fountain makes for auch more relaxing time than the noise of the dining room. As always, the ceviche and the whole red snapper is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem at Hyatt Coconut PointBen5104VIPDined on 3/12/2014Great food outstanding view . Just a special place for a couple or with friends. Large portions and creative dishes and sauceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu really interestingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/11/2014we had a lovely dinner here - you can have a full mull, ceviches or Tapas like food I was most impressed although we go there a lot - would definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okTravelGuyDined on 3/9/2014For cost, the food and service was very average at best.
- Never thought a restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014Never thought a restaurant associated with a Hotel could be this good. I would definitely return for the snapper- the best I have ever had! Excellent selection of different types of food for fish or beef lovers. Ceviche appetizers seem to be a specialty of the house and were really a nice option. A good choice for something special, tables available inside and outside on the porch. Porch has those portable heaters if it gets chilly. Nice wine list if that's of interest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ceviche. Ambiance wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/6/2014Great ceviche. Ambiance was too loud. I'd only go back if it wasn't crowded.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and AtmosphereMicheleDined on 3/2/2014Food was excellent. We had rib eye, diver scallops and Alaskan King Crab Legs that were outstanding. Would definitely come back here. We ate on the deck which was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2014Raw bar and ceviche assorment were unique and tasty.Special Features:
- The restaurant was understaffed,HermanVIPDined on 2/28/2014The restaurant was understaffed, An outdoor event at the hotel seemed to pull the staff away from the dining room. We had to wait a half hour to place our dinner order after being seated. We then had to ask three different servers for bread and drinks.
- Disappointed...MikeDined on 2/28/2014Previously posted an "Absolutely Excellent" experience on 2/15/14. This time was different. Seafood did not taste as fresh and flavorful and service was mediocre. Will still give it another try before the end of the month as this may have been a bad night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.