1480 First St.
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tarlagrill.com/
- Phone: 7072555599x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Su-Th 4:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 4:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish, Greek
- Executive Chef: Annie Hongkham
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We cater all types of events. Just let us know what kind of event you plan to have and we'll make sure to have just the right menu for you. Please contact us for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Host your guests here for birthdays, family reunions, harvest parties, company meetings, wedding rehearsal dinners, etc. Our room seats about 50 guests and is 1,000 sq ft and there is no room rental fee. Contact us for reservations and pricing.
- Private Party Contact: Megan 8889818714
A word from Tarla Grill
Tarla Grill, situated in downtown Napa offers a straightforward yet sophisticated menu of Greek and Turkish Fusion Cuisine. Whether you are looking to enjoy some cocktails and meze’s at the bar during happy hour, catch the latest sports game, or enjoy a breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner at one of our intimate tables, Tarla Grill is sure to satisfy even those with the most discernible of palates. Allow us to share this dining and cultural experience with you in a refreshing change of cuisine that will shake up your taste buds ...Continued
NOTE: Tarla Grill only accepts online reservations for parties of up to 5 people. For larger parties, please give us a call!
NOTE: Tarla Grill only accepts online reservations for parties of up to 5 people. For larger parties, please give us a call!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tarla Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (42)neighborhood gem (34)good for groups (24)great for outdoor dining (19)great for lunch (19)notable wine list (16)special occasion (12)vibrant bar scene (10)romantic (9)hot spot (9)late-night find (7)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Delicious Mediterranean Cuisine!MomLovesFoodVIPDined on 9/14/2014This was our 1st visit & we thoroughly enjoyed it. We sat near the kitchen & it was fun to watch the magic happen. We enjoyed the Turkish Meatballs as an appetizer and they were SO good. My husband also had a greek salad & it was delightful. We were a bit boring as we selected the same entree but we just couldn't pass it up - Braised Short Rib served over truffle risotto. It was incredibly rich and incredibly wonderful! We really liked it & can't wait to come back when we're in town.Special Features:
- Perfect for a Family DinnerJigathaVIPDined on 9/13/2014We enjoy this restaurant whether for lunch or an informal family dinner. The menu is diverse enough to please all and the food is consistently outstanding. Best of all is their service -- they are patient and always willing to explain any menu item, overall flavors and preparations and nightly specials. We can always count on their kabobs, any fish dish and our favorite dessert. Plus corkage is only $10! Great local spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food - great service!JeanDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed our dinner here Saturday night. The restaurant was busy, but the service was A+. I loved the wine and vegetable soup and my daughter loved her spinach and cheese phyllo-wrapped starter and her lamb burger. The lamb-kebabs were a bit dry (overcooked) and the casoulet beans tasted too much like pork and beans. Last time I ordered this dish, I proclaimed it the best lamb and beans I'd ever had, so that was the only negative. The great wine helped. We will give it a try again, as I love the large gluten-free menu, but probably will try another entree.Special Features:
- BlademanDined on 9/9/2014Excellent selection and reasonable prices. Presentation was very good as well. Beet salad was very good ... barley salad could use a bit more kick. Lamb kabob was perfectly done though arrived late due to a mix up on the order which was quickly corrected. Branzini special was excellent. Baklava to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local favoriteLocalsDined on 9/9/2014Tarla is our 'go-to' local restaurant for excellence every time. The hummus wiith warm pita is a great starter, along with the spanakopita...we've tried most all the entrees, and our favorites are the short ribs, moussaka, fish dishes, donner, and kebabs....but we've never had a dish we didn't like. The desserts are unique and special, as well. We recommend to all our friends, who have had equally wonderful dining experiences. Excellent choice for a michelin quality meal!Special Features:
- Great food! Very personable staff!Fit2eatDined on 9/3/2014As soon as we walked in to the restaurant, we were warmly greeted and welcomed. Wait staff, especially Sam, were very helpful and friendly. Food was wonderful and very authentic. I look forward to returning there on our next trip to Napa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden GemLocalLVDinerVIPDined on 9/1/2014We went to Tarla over the weekend for lunch. We were expecting pedestrian Mediterranean food... We were so disappointed! The food was incredible. The mezze platter with the Hummus, Babahanoush and Grape Leaves was amazing. The flavors popped in your mouth and transported you to Greece or the Middle East. We also ordered the Lamb Burger which was succulent and flavorful. The spices in the burger were heaven and the schmear of babaganoush on the burger bun was a revelation. We are looking forward to returning to try more items off their menu!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/29/2014They have expanded since we were there last time so the noise level in the back room wasn't as loud. The food was very good Has a nice counter in the front room as well. More things on the menu that we would like to try. Definately will return. Very reasonable corkage fee and great place to share plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TarlaMonicaDined on 8/23/2014A little loud for me, but it was happy loud, and that's ok. Service was pleasant and helpful. Food it Awesome! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- David AshgreatVIPDined on 8/22/2014we ate there about 6 months ago, and this was our 2nd visit back. It was nothing special to say about it the food was ok service was ok , however we will not be back since there are too many good restaurants in townSpecial Features:
- Kind of Disappointedseks01Dined on 8/19/2014I have always wanted to try the restaurant and with my mom visiting I thought it the perfect reason for a special occasion. We found the service to be quite lacking from the start--I received a glass of Rose instead of a glass of the JCB bubbles I had ordered, appetizers took a really long time to get to us, the server seemed very scattered and too busy to notice that we had run out of bread etc. When the food finally arrived, it was flavorful for the most part, but we thought the price paid for the dish was a little on the outrageous side. I had the short rib dish and I found it to be very chewy and overdone and not worth the price. We may give it another try, but our first impression was not what we had hoped it to be.
- Delicious !PerfectDined on 8/16/2014Flavor, texture & freshness. Just perfect. Wish they would come to the desert - La Quinta - Palm Desert. Sorry we only had one evening for dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this placeFood4funDined on 8/8/2014We were looking for something different and Tarla Grill was great. The staff was efficient, friendly and made helpful suggestions on what we might enjoy since we had not been there before. Food was delicious-I recommend the chicken shish kebabs. It was noisy but not in an unpleasant way. People were just having a good time. We would definitely go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BGNAPADined on 8/8/2014I have eaten here several times and have always found it very good. The menu is very different, the food is wonderful and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichaelVIPDined on 8/5/2014Good, basic Mediterranean Food that was good enough to make a return visit.Special Features:
- Good fresh foodEuropeanfoodieVIPDined on 8/2/2014After a long Saturday in Napa wanted to dine still somewhere else than hotel. As the hotel was in Napa looked for a close-by restaurant downtown Napa(instead of Yountville). Liked the description and reserved a table at 6PM for 7:15PM seating. While I managed to get a late reservation, the place was pretty full, although less than the Asian one next door. Ate outside on the street and it was a nice choice - though there was a pretty loud larger Asian party next to me. The food is really Mediterranean and its best feature is the quality of the ingredients - in a very traditional Napa way very fresh. However, the lamb burger I took was ok but nothing special. Solid but not particularly great food.Special Features:
- Good all aroundcyclechicDined on 8/2/2014The decor was a little more casual than I expected but the service was very attentive. The appetizers (meze plate and flaming cheese) were excellent but I was less impressed with my main dish (eggplant stuffed with ground beef) which was too salty. Overall good quality food and service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Damn good!29yearsofblissDined on 7/30/2014Very good service. Tables are a little close but it was not crowded when we went so not an issue. The portion size was very nice. Not enough to over stuff you but way more than the miniture meals that leave you wanting to grab a burger on the way home. And above all the food was delicious and well presented. 2 cocktails, 1 bowl of clams and muscles, Scallops entree, Short Rib entree, 2 turkish coffees and dessert for $100. We willI go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mediterranean CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/30/2014The mezze platter was outstanding, this was the first Baba Ghanoush I have had that wasn't bitter tasting. The chicken kebabs were also delicious. Service is also very good, our server was polite, attentive and helpful in answering our questions.Special Features:
- Very goodDineoutqueenVIPDined on 7/21/2014We enjoyed a very fresh appetizer sampler that contained all the mediterranean items I had hoped to taste. Our food came nicely prepared and the wait staff were terrific. They brought more pita before we asked and filled our orders timely. The food was delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 7/19/2014Very hip, modern decor in downtown Napa with cute outdoor patio. Nice variety of Greek and Mediterranean dishes; food was delicious with modern touches on traditional dishes. We enjoyed our appetizers and liked that they replaced our plates with each new dish. However, there was a very long lapse between our salad and entree. It seemed like the kitchen was very backed up, and it would have been nice for the service to acknowledge the long wait. Once we finished dinner, we declined dessert, and our bill came seconds later. I felt the staff was nice but less experienced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ChoicehjhoosierDined on 7/19/2014I came here because I eat vegan and typically these types of places have plenty to offer. I found the vegan fare to be a bit more limiting than like restaurants, but it was still a good choice. They have a great hummus on the menu and the kale/barley salad I had was awesome. I would order that every visit! You must try it. Also, from 3-6p they offer happy hour. You can get both of those items at a discount. So for one person, a meal with wine cost me under $30 bucks. Not bad for California!Special Features:
- tarla in napaPeterVIPDined on 7/16/2014Happy to find this spot at the last minute. Our waiter Chuck was great. Food was delicious. Very authentic dishes. Scallops were maybe the best I ever had. The preparation was fantastic, original and cooked to perfection. Great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for everyoneGBC56VIPDined on 7/12/2014Tarla features a wide variety of fare, so there was well planned fare for both my carnivore companion and my vegan palate. Excellent flavors, interesting presentation, but not at all pretentious. Very relaxing atmosphere, great for catching up and conversation. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- A hidden bargainLaniDined on 7/11/2014A must-go-to if only to experience the great Happy Hour food and drinks menu. And the bartender was exceptional! Be sure to try the meatballs and the zucchini cakes. Thought some of the traditional Greek/Med dipping sauces needed more spice--hummus was bland.Special Features:
- A gem in downtown NapaBelg58Dined on 7/10/2014As a local, this is one of my top ten recommendations to guests in the Napa Valley. My wife and I dined here last week (I stand by my recommendations and periodically ensure the quality is still there). The food and service was exceptional. We highly recommend the scallops!Special Features:
- Delicious!SuppyDined on 7/5/2014My husband and I are vegetarian and we were delighted at the selections at Tarla. The hummus was AMAZING and the eggplant dish we ordered was even better! Really delicious, great atmosphere and the staff was very friendly! If we are ever back in Napa, we will definitely be dining there!Special Features:
- Great scallopsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014We wanted to eat seafood and found this restaurant in Napa. The different dishes were served fast and were amazing good. I highly recommend the mussels and clams for the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/24/2014Lots of exciting menu choices, I tried a lunch plate special, which gave me 4 different foods all where very good.Special Features:
- Turkish Meditoranean.TMoneyVIPDined on 6/23/2014Great short ribs. Wife enjoyed scallops. Contemporary ambiance. Not to crowded the evening we visited.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great tasting food!likes2eat25Dined on 6/20/2014The short ribs with truffle risotto was to die for! We also had the lamb shish kabab was great ,very lean cut of lamb and the bean side dish was very flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good all roundNewNapanVIPDined on 6/7/2014We had friends in town and were looking for somewhere with enough healthy options and also a decent selection of not so healthy choices. Tarla grill fitted the bill perfectly. From braised short ribs with a fantastic mushroom risotto for the meat eater, to scallops for the fish eater and Greek salads and dolmades for the veggies we all enjoyed dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mediterranean Food in NapaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/1/2014We sat outside for dinner and had an excellent meal and service. The Greek trio dip, lamb kabobs, scallops, and baclava were all outstanding and not overly priced. I would definitely revisit Tarla if I return to Napa.Special Features:
- A great findNoReservationsVIPDined on 5/31/2014Excellent food. Open late. The downside is it is noisy, so relaxing here is not an option. The service is on point. Good to find a well priced quality restaurant in Napa.Special Features:
- TarlaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2014we dined pretty late (10:30-11pm) and the kitchen seemed to be understaffed for such a busy weekend (bottlerock weekend) Our server was doing her best, but she seemed overwhelmed. She only checked on us once and our food came out about 30 mins after we ordered. The food was just ok, nothing to write home about, but again at 11pm in the evening, its understandable. Ambiance was great. Lively and bustling, the space was clean and contemporary. Maybe next time we're in Napa we'll give Tarla another try.Special Features:
- Pretty good experienceLindyRochelleDined on 5/31/2014Food was tasty and somewhat creative. Served very quickly, perhaps too quickly. We had the mezza for 2, followed by a shared barley salad appetizer and then a shared entree and were in and out in about 40 minutes. Sat us right next to a loud talking foursome which was a little annoying during the meal. Not a loud restaurant overall. Later, we discovered there was another more spacious room that was almost empty and seemed to have piped in music. Maybe it was closed when we arrived. Very nice waitress who was accommodating and answered all our questions. Overall, pretty good but not great. More reasonably priced than other restaurants in the downtown, yet modern and appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dining experiencebabzDined on 5/25/2014The food was good, the service was excellent. The place was very loud which was unexpected for us. It was a busy long weekend.Special Features:
- Great dinner before a showRobertaDined on 5/24/2014What a great find! We had tickets to a show at the Uptown Theater and found Tarla Grill when looking for a nearby dinner spot before the show. The food was great, and the service was exceptional. We mentioned to our server that we were going to the show, so they right away asked what time we needed to be "out the door" so we could be on time for our plans which I thought was very considerate. We shared some appetizers and each had our own entrée, and everyone in the group loved what they had. Thanks for helping to make it a great evening all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek and Turkish Diining TreatJazzmanDined on 5/24/2014We had 3 Greek dishes and the Scallops. All the food was well prepared and tasty. The service was outstanding which contrasted to the shortages of several beverages and some dishes, and this was early on the Saturday of a three day holiday. Our waiter was not only well informed but very gracious in offering us a taste of a wine we were considering. My only food complaint was that the white asparagus served with the scallops was very woody. The dish would have been better using a turnip or fingerling potato as a base for the dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best mediteranian grillwhitericeDined on 5/23/2014This is one of the best mediteranian grills that I have been to. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 200 reviews are from the Tarla Grill reviews archive.