1480 First St.
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tarlagrill.com/
- Phone: (707) 255-5599
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Su-Th 4:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 4:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish, Greek
- Executive Chef: Annie Hongkham
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We cater all types of events. Just let us know what kind of event you plan to have and we'll make sure to have just the right menu for you. Please contact us for details.
- Special Events: Once a Month Winemaker Dinner.
A word from Tarla Grill
Tarla Grill, situated in downtown Napa offers a straightforward yet sophisticated menu of Greek and Turkish Fusion Cuisine. Whether you are looking to enjoy some cocktails and meze’s at the bar during happy hour, catch the latest sports game, or enjoy a breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner at one of our intimate tables, Tarla Grill is sure to satisfy even those with the most discernible of palates. Allow us to share this dining and cultural experience with you in a refreshing change of cuisine that will shake up your taste buds ...Continued
NOTE: Tarla Grill only accepts online reservations for parties of up to 5 people. For larger parties, please give us a call!
NOTE: Tarla Grill only accepts online reservations for parties of up to 5 people. For larger parties, please give us a call!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tarla Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (44)neighborhood gem (30)great for lunch (19)good for groups (17)notable wine list (11)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (8)special occasion (7)late-night find (6)romantic (6)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- TravelingJoeDined on 11/15/2014Very nice dinner. Great food and menu. A few vegan options. Restaurant has a modern look and feel. Two rooms - one with bar and dining and the other dining. Comfortable tables and chairs, and the table cloths are not missed given the modern look.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/2014loved this restaurant, will go back as often as possible !!!!Special Features:
- Good and solidBlackrattusVIPDined on 11/8/2014This is the third time I've eaten here. The fish dish was very good and the hummus, but everything else was just so-so. Just not much character. The greek salad would be improved by more marinating, the eggplant was tender but had next to no seasoning, etc. Service wasn't 100%. They charged us for a bottle instead of a glass, which we caught on the receipt and they comped the glass. I WANT to like it, but probably won't go back for awhile.
- Very good Turkish foodsfsephardicfoodieDined on 11/8/2014Dining at Tarla was a wonderful experience. The food was tasty and served quickly. Fortunately, the true nature of Turkish food and spices were permitted to shine, rather than being "Americanized" for the tourist trade in Napa. The waiter was excellent and helpful in advising my elderly parents. Parking is difficult on First Street, but there was ample parking on side streets a block away. If you love Turkish food, also try Pera on Potrero Hill in San Francisco, which is even more authentically Turkish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Mediterranean food!BelsfoodismDined on 11/8/2014Loved the Greek Salad and all of the eggplant dishes! Great flavor combinations! Wonderful service-such great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off the Beaten PathKcpowers1Dined on 10/31/2014Tarla is off the beaten path. Good food and great service.Special Features:
- Nice findAznfatty99Dined on 10/30/2014Food: mixed appetizer came with a small portion of babaganoush, hummus and tziki sauce. Fresh but a bit bland, some more tahini would have helped. Saganaki ok, not sure which cheese used, honey was overpowering even with the lemon, bread was burnt. Lamb burger, perfectly cooked, delicious. Service: needed to get her attention a few times but overall friendly. Was kind of disappointed she didn't mention the burnt bread when she saw it on my plate, minimizing carbs in my diet so didn't care to much, but would have been nice to recognize in a nicer restaurant such as Tarla. Drink: Tarla Manhattan, delicious. Overall good experience. Would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two Thumbs UpPieceBorazDined on 10/28/2014Wonderfully flavorful food. It is something different you wouldn't get at home, unless you are familiar with Turkish food. The service is attentive and they do not hurry you along like in some restaurants. They want you to sit back, relax, and enjoy each course. The Mezza sampler is a must and the Kebabs and Turkish Meatballs are delicious. We also enjoyed the coconut dessert, which tasted like Baklava. I can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/24/2014Always fresh and amazing. The staff was wonderful and the restaurant was very enjoyable.
- Good foodkahandfamDined on 10/23/2014Had the mousaka. Husband had lamb skewers. Both of shared an appetizer plate and dessert. All good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well done!Cookies4allVIPDined on 10/14/2014Tarla knows how to deliver great food and service. We had a delicous and high quality lunch, accompanied by excellent service. Some of the best mediterranean food one can find.Special Features:
- DisappointedDined on 10/12/2014The scallop dinner was way too small a portion to qualify as a dinner! My beet salad was larger than my dinner!Special Features:
- Was ok, not greatMikeStefLKNDined on 10/9/2014There was nothing really bad about tabla grill, but nothing spectacular either. Was so so.Special Features:
- Such a great experience!musictraveler73Dined on 10/9/2014We just arrived in Napa today. We had made reservations at Tarla based on the excellent reviews here on Tripadvisor. After a few minutes to find a good parking space, we went in and were a little surprised to find it largely empty. However, the food was top shelf and the service was even better! We got the dip trio as a starter. Excellent! My wife got the meatballs and squash soup and I got the chicken kebab and Greek fries. The food was all fresh and very well presented. The wine list was extensive. We opted for soda (because we had many wine tastings lined up for the rest of the day) and those were kept full. I can't recommend this restaurant highly enough. If you're in Napa and like Mediterranean food, this is the place!Special Features:
- Horrible service, delicious foodDateNight5Dined on 9/27/2014We had to wait 10 minutes after we arrived for water and menus. It was about 30 minutes after we ordered til when food arrived, and they got my order completely wrong. The waiter walked away without saying anything and 5 minutes later some other guy came over to apologize for a kitchen mix up and said my food would be out shortly. It didn't arrive until 15 minutes later, by then my friends were all finished eating. The waiter said sorry, and after an awkward pause, offered to comp my meal. My friends asked for the dessert menu even though hearts were set on the Chocolate Creme Brulee seen online. This wasn't on the menu and when they asked, the waiter laughed and said they didn't serve that. Horrible waste of an evening.
- Very niceSheriDined on 9/21/2014We went here for a light meal on our last night in Napa after a crazy wedding weekend. The food was very good, obviously fresh and with a unique twist. Portions were reasonably sized, if a little on the small side, but we shared several items so no one left hungry. The flavors were interesting, not quite mediterranean, maybe a little Moroccan? We had zucchini cakes, a kale salad, an eggplant in marinara, scallops on carrot puree and lentil soup. The group's opinion was that everything was a little bit sweet and many items seemed to have a lot of curry flavor. We could be wrong, that's just our guess. Overall we were all very happy with our meals and the service was very good. We all agreed we'd definitely return.Special Features:
- Cozy spot, tasty food.drewlikeyfoodDined on 9/21/2014Plenty of seats available when we arrived and the service was quick to get us to a table and very friendly. The dinner menu was pretty simple and the wine and liquor list was pretty expansive. The food was very tasty and made with style and effort. The staff was always checking in on us to make sure we were doing well and gave us good advise on picking a wine for our meal.Special Features:
- DessertOhhhmazingDined on 9/20/2014Enjoyed a delicious trifle with my husband. The waiter made fresh decaf, which was really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Mediterranean Cuisine!MomLovesFoodVIPDined on 9/14/2014This was our 1st visit & we thoroughly enjoyed it. We sat near the kitchen & it was fun to watch the magic happen. We enjoyed the Turkish Meatballs as an appetizer and they were SO good. My husband also had a greek salad & it was delightful. We were a bit boring as we selected the same entree but we just couldn't pass it up - Braised Short Rib served over truffle risotto. It was incredibly rich and incredibly wonderful! We really liked it & can't wait to come back when we're in town.Special Features:
- Perfect for a Family DinnerJigathaVIPDined on 9/13/2014We enjoy this restaurant whether for lunch or an informal family dinner. The menu is diverse enough to please all and the food is consistently outstanding. Best of all is their service -- they are patient and always willing to explain any menu item, overall flavors and preparations and nightly specials. We can always count on their kabobs, any fish dish and our favorite dessert. Plus corkage is only $10! Great local spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food - great service!JeanDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed our dinner here Saturday night. The restaurant was busy, but the service was A+. I loved the wine and vegetable soup and my daughter loved her spinach and cheese phyllo-wrapped starter and her lamb burger. The lamb-kebabs were a bit dry (overcooked) and the casoulet beans tasted too much like pork and beans. Last time I ordered this dish, I proclaimed it the best lamb and beans I'd ever had, so that was the only negative. The great wine helped. We will give it a try again, as I love the large gluten-free menu, but probably will try another entree.Special Features:
- BlademanDined on 9/9/2014Excellent selection and reasonable prices. Presentation was very good as well. Beet salad was very good ... barley salad could use a bit more kick. Lamb kabob was perfectly done though arrived late due to a mix up on the order which was quickly corrected. Branzini special was excellent. Baklava to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local favoriteLocalsDined on 9/9/2014Tarla is our 'go-to' local restaurant for excellence every time. The hummus wiith warm pita is a great starter, along with the spanakopita...we've tried most all the entrees, and our favorites are the short ribs, moussaka, fish dishes, donner, and kebabs....but we've never had a dish we didn't like. The desserts are unique and special, as well. We recommend to all our friends, who have had equally wonderful dining experiences. Excellent choice for a michelin quality meal!Special Features:
- Great food! Very personable staff!Fit2eatDined on 9/3/2014As soon as we walked in to the restaurant, we were warmly greeted and welcomed. Wait staff, especially Sam, were very helpful and friendly. Food was wonderful and very authentic. I look forward to returning there on our next trip to Napa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden GemLocalLVDinerVIPDined on 9/1/2014We went to Tarla over the weekend for lunch. We were expecting pedestrian Mediterranean food... We were so disappointed! The food was incredible. The mezze platter with the Hummus, Babahanoush and Grape Leaves was amazing. The flavors popped in your mouth and transported you to Greece or the Middle East. We also ordered the Lamb Burger which was succulent and flavorful. The spices in the burger were heaven and the schmear of babaganoush on the burger bun was a revelation. We are looking forward to returning to try more items off their menu!Special Features:
- DisappointedVIPDined on 8/29/2014They have expanded since we were there last time so the noise level in the back room wasn't as loud. The food was very good Has a nice counter in the front room as well. More things on the menu that we would like to try. Definately will return. Very reasonable corkage fee and great place to share plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TarlaMonicaDined on 8/23/2014A little loud for me, but it was happy loud, and that's ok. Service was pleasant and helpful. Food it Awesome! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- David AshgreatVIPDined on 8/22/2014we ate there about 6 months ago, and this was our 2nd visit back. It was nothing special to say about it the food was ok service was ok , however we will not be back since there are too many good restaurants in townSpecial Features:
- Kind of Disappointedseks01Dined on 8/19/2014I have always wanted to try the restaurant and with my mom visiting I thought it the perfect reason for a special occasion. We found the service to be quite lacking from the start--I received a glass of Rose instead of a glass of the JCB bubbles I had ordered, appetizers took a really long time to get to us, the server seemed very scattered and too busy to notice that we had run out of bread etc. When the food finally arrived, it was flavorful for the most part, but we thought the price paid for the dish was a little on the outrageous side. I had the short rib dish and I found it to be very chewy and overdone and not worth the price. We may give it another try, but our first impression was not what we had hoped it to be.
- Delicious !PerfectDined on 8/16/2014Flavor, texture & freshness. Just perfect. Wish they would come to the desert - La Quinta - Palm Desert. Sorry we only had one evening for dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this placeFood4funDined on 8/8/2014We were looking for something different and Tarla Grill was great. The staff was efficient, friendly and made helpful suggestions on what we might enjoy since we had not been there before. Food was delicious-I recommend the chicken shish kebabs. It was noisy but not in an unpleasant way. People were just having a good time. We would definitely go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BGNAPADined on 8/8/2014I have eaten here several times and have always found it very good. The menu is very different, the food is wonderful and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichaelVIPDined on 8/5/2014Good, basic Mediterranean Food that was good enough to make a return visit.Special Features:
- Good fresh foodEuropeanfoodieVIPDined on 8/2/2014After a long Saturday in Napa wanted to dine still somewhere else than hotel. As the hotel was in Napa looked for a close-by restaurant downtown Napa(instead of Yountville). Liked the description and reserved a table at 6PM for 7:15PM seating. While I managed to get a late reservation, the place was pretty full, although less than the Asian one next door. Ate outside on the street and it was a nice choice - though there was a pretty loud larger Asian party next to me. The food is really Mediterranean and its best feature is the quality of the ingredients - in a very traditional Napa way very fresh. However, the lamb burger I took was ok but nothing special. Solid but not particularly great food.Special Features:
- Good all aroundcyclechicDined on 8/2/2014The decor was a little more casual than I expected but the service was very attentive. The appetizers (meze plate and flaming cheese) were excellent but I was less impressed with my main dish (eggplant stuffed with ground beef) which was too salty. Overall good quality food and service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 223 reviews are from the Tarla Grill reviews archive.
- Damn good!29yearsofblissDined on 7/30/2014Very good service. Tables are a little close but it was not crowded when we went so not an issue. The portion size was very nice. Not enough to over stuff you but way more than the miniture meals that leave you wanting to grab a burger on the way home. And above all the food was delicious and well presented. 2 cocktails, 1 bowl of clams and muscles, Scallops entree, Short Rib entree, 2 turkish coffees and dessert for $100. We willI go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mediterranean CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/30/2014The mezze platter was outstanding, this was the first Baba Ghanoush I have had that wasn't bitter tasting. The chicken kebabs were also delicious. Service is also very good, our server was polite, attentive and helpful in answering our questions.Special Features:
- Very goodDineoutqueenVIPDined on 7/21/2014We enjoyed a very fresh appetizer sampler that contained all the mediterranean items I had hoped to taste. Our food came nicely prepared and the wait staff were terrific. They brought more pita before we asked and filled our orders timely. The food was delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 7/19/2014Very hip, modern decor in downtown Napa with cute outdoor patio. Nice variety of Greek and Mediterranean dishes; food was delicious with modern touches on traditional dishes. We enjoyed our appetizers and liked that they replaced our plates with each new dish. However, there was a very long lapse between our salad and entree. It seemed like the kitchen was very backed up, and it would have been nice for the service to acknowledge the long wait. Once we finished dinner, we declined dessert, and our bill came seconds later. I felt the staff was nice but less experienced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ChoicehjhoosierDined on 7/19/2014I came here because I eat vegan and typically these types of places have plenty to offer. I found the vegan fare to be a bit more limiting than like restaurants, but it was still a good choice. They have a great hummus on the menu and the kale/barley salad I had was awesome. I would order that every visit! You must try it. Also, from 3-6p they offer happy hour. You can get both of those items at a discount. So for one person, a meal with wine cost me under $30 bucks. Not bad for California!Special Features: