3213 E. Camelback Road
Phoenix, AZ 85018Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tarbells.com/
- Phone: (602) 955-8100
- Hours of Operation:
Open Seven Days a Week
Monday through Saturday 5PM to 10PM
Sunday 5PM to 9PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Tarbell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Tarbell's
Since 1994 Tarbell's has served an organic, seasonal menu featuring local produce, fresh seafood, fine meats and poultry, fresh pastas, and wood-oven pizzas. Everything is made in house with simplicity and love!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Tarbell's - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Tarbell's reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (51)special occasion (47)notable wine list (41)neighborhood gem (37)romantic (30)good for groups (16)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (6)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- First time. Great time! Really enjoyed it.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/22/2014Order the Lamb Rague, it was the highlight of our dinner for 4. Also the Lobster Rissotto. The service was excellent. Ambiance is great. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/21/2014Tarbells is just a classic go to. You know that when you walk in you will have a great wine selection, delicious cocktail options, and fantastic food. The service is wonderful and you can't go wrong with coming here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dannycDined on 11/18/2014The food at Tarbell's was excellent. The staff is always friendly and the atmosphere is great. Love the way Mark Tarbell always makes you feel very welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally made it to Tarbell's!IrinaDodeDined on 11/16/2014Amazing place! Great menu, wine list. Highly recommend. Travelled all the way from New York to dine there. Chef Mark was extremely attentive and friendly! Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014A valley institution ! A wonderful experience....AS ALWAYS !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must-visit in PhoenixLovePHXDined on 11/9/2014I've dined at Tarbell's a handful of times since 2006, making an effort to snag a reservation any time I'm in Phoenix. This particular trip was great because we were able to bring another friend from out of town. As much as my husband and I appreciate the food, our friend was over the moon! Our server, Marty, was pitch perfect with both the service and his humor--truly a great experience from him. Add in the visit from the chef and the AMAZING food (it was stellar, I can't emphasize this too much), and, well, we were so glad to have gotten to come again. Can't wait until next time!Special Features:
- Flawless!Haynes02Dined on 11/8/2014Tarbell's is our favorite mid town venue---last Sat night, we had a small gathering to celebrate my niece's birthday and it was a flawless evening! The cuisine was delicious--beautifully presented and even tastier than it looked--which was no small feat! Scallops and salmon were delicious as was the vegie plate and an all time fav---the ribbon pasta! Deserts were heavenly! Lively, fun vibe..and of course, Mark Tarbell was his usual gracious host. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elegant food but little pretentiousmaddisondDined on 11/2/2014Food is absolutely impeccable. I had Bison, flavorfull snd tender- not gamey at all. my husdand had fillet of sole in a butternut comp. He hates squash & loved thish dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentKBarMVIPDined on 11/2/2014Everything-from the crispy chick pea snacks on the table to the desserts-were great. Service very nice and accommodating (when I couldn't decide between two entrees, the waiter offered to do half of each since the kitchen wasn't crazy busy-got to taste two things instead of just one!) We highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new customertwinsandmeDined on 11/2/2014This was our first time at Tarbells. It was recommended by a friend and we were not disappointed. Great service (Marty), interesting menu, excellent culinary delights. There were three of us and all had different entrees which we insisted on sharing so everyone could have an idea of available tastes. The sole special was truly "special" especially the sauce, the pasta special was excellent and the salmon from the menu was outstanding. We have found a new special restaurant for our frequent stays this fall and winter in Arizona.Special Features:
- Ok, not worth the costACNAZDined on 11/1/2014We were very excited to try tarbell's considering the reputation of the chef. However, my wife and I were disappointed. The appetizer (spinach/cheese in a puff pastry) and desert (chocolate mousse) were delicious. The main courses (lobster risotto and steak) were ok, nothing special and very overpriced. The steak was overcooked. I would recommend going elsewhere, tarbell's isn't worth it.Special Features:
- Very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/30/2014The best part of the meal was the water, and that tasted like it came from a hose
- Fantastic experience!DirtySpoon58Dined on 10/26/2014Service was excellent. Pan roasted chicken and filet were off the charts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteVickiVDined on 10/25/2014Enjoy everything about Tarbells, and now a new fall menu, so starting over to be able to try everything.Special Features:
- Great New MenuWillBBackDined on 10/25/2014We were a party of four and we order four different entrees Steak, Pork, Chicken and Fish plus salads and veggies. The food was incredible as we all shared and raved about our dishes including our desserts. The food was excellent, prepared just as we had requested, the selection was wide and the wine choices enormous. We were extremely happy with our meals and service which is always top notch. The new menu leans towards a healthier fare which we enjoyed a great deal. The friendliness of the staff is wonderful from the owner visiting all the tables to the open kitchen where you can watch the Chefs prepare your food. We had a great evening THANKS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Everything!BulldogVIPDined on 10/22/2014Spent our last night of vacation there and celebrated a special birthday, and we're glad we did - great ambiance, great food and even better service. After a wonderful meal we didn't even order dessert, but knowing our special occasion our server brought us some complimentary fresh berries with a candle in them anyway, saying we needed a little something to help celebrate. We'll look forward to going there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MurphDined on 10/22/2014Mark Tarbell always delivers great food and a great experience. MSpecial Features:
- Rosemary Infused CaramelFoodieFunDined on 10/22/2014This was truly an amazing meal. The service started off a bit slow but more than made up for it with a friendly, customer-focused wait staff and attentive chef. Our appetizer of choice was unavailable so the waiter chose one for us (burrata) that was incredible, although we were a bit surprised that we were charged for it given that we didn't request it. We ordered filets that came prepared with a fantastic sauce. Sides were the perfect proportion. And dessert? Well, just read the headline. We knew they were famous for the chocolate mousse but we opted to share the vanilla cheesecake with rosemary infused caramel, and we cannot stop talking about it. One of the best desserts we've ever had. A must for anyone in Phoenix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodErinBroVIPDined on 10/15/2014We were recommended this place by a friend, and it didn't disappoint. Service was excellent, and the food was delicious. We both had the Scotch Beef. The waiter described it as a "hug on a plate," and he was correct. Soooo good.Special Features:
- Outstanding Chef Owned RestaurantCarolVIPDined on 10/12/2014When we are in Phoenix; Tarbell's is a favorite place to dine.. We have been dining there for many years. The food is always excellent and the service is very professional. Our favorites on the menu are: Mr. Fish, Scotch beef, mussels and the scallops. The cheese cake is yummy! Mark Tarbell is a fantastic Chef !! Of course we will be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/6/2014Always a great experience. The food and service rarely disappoints me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodHaroldVIPDined on 9/30/2014Always fresh and inventive and developing its own classic recipes. Tarbells has sustained excellence for many years. The smoked salmon appetizer and raw tunas are better than any sushi restaurant in Phoenix. A truly gracious and wonderful restaurant .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findgreatfindDined on 9/25/2014This place is a must if you enjoy amazing food and drinks. I've been all over the world and this was one of the best meals I've had anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Excellent service and table but very disappointed in the Seafood risotto that we had. The seafood was ground up in to an oatmeal consistency. None of the seafood was distinguishable and the taste was commensurate with the mushy look. Would have sent it back but did not want to make a scene in front of my other guests.Special Features:
- What happened to the service?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014We don't come here a lot, but when we celebrated our anniversary here 2 1/2 years ago we had a memorable experience, due to the stellar service and the great food. This time, it felt like the wait staff just didn't want to be there. It was a disappointing experience that left me wishing we had chosen a different restaurant.
- Food great, Service even better!DesertHikerDined on 9/8/2014A memorable Martini to dessert experience. The Arcadian redfish special and my date's scallops were enormous portions. Hers were accompanied by a potato cake (yum!) and my fish was over an unusual but delicious chickpea sauce. Our meals were memorable, but the service was even better. Our bartender overheard our conversation with Mark Tarbell before we were seated, and my date asking about non-dairy dishes. The bartender notified our waiter Ryan of this in advance of our ordering. Ryan suggested to my date another dressing for her salad besides Parmesan Balsamic before we could say "no cheese"! Wow. Plus the support teams gliding in and out constantly, cleaning the table, filling every glass, just done so well. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic find!DmckDined on 9/6/2014Service with the right level of involvement. Recommendations were spot on. A sampler of the salad that we did it not order was presented with our meal as a very pleasant surprise... And was a keeper for our next visit. Presentation of every dish was picture worthy... And every bit as pleasant on the palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingKatieDined on 9/5/2014I really can't say enough good things about the food at this place. The salmon with crispy potato cake is to die for. The general style is like upscale comfort food, and it is basically the best ever. The restaurant itself is very nice - almost too fancy for my usual taste - but a beautiful ambiance and great for a special occasion. The service is thorough and they are very knowledgable. I highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Tarbell's is Terrific !RomanticEvesDined on 8/29/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening with you,Tarbells ! I made reservations for a special lady and you met our every request. You confirmed my reservation in 2 ways on 2 occasions. The 2 hostesses were delightful. Our waiter, James, was the best. Give him a raise! He was genuine, well informed, very professional and friendly ! The wine list was remarkable, the food was superb and the setting delightfully enjoyable. If you haven't been, GO. If like us you have been, I'm certain that like us, you wil return to enjoy Tarbell's again. Thank You All, Dr. EdSpecial Features:
- Another amazing mealPitchouneVIPDined on 8/26/2014Late supper on a Wednesday night, not over crowed great supper. We had the chicken fennel sausage with ribbon pasta delicious Would have love to try the roasted peaches dessert but by then they had no more :0( It sounded amazing so will have to go back another night..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Dining at Mark Tarbell's restaurant is always a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge service error, average foodDoctorDDined on 8/23/2014The service was impeccable until about midnight, when both my wife and I realized that we could not sleep because the server gave us caffeinated coffee instead of the decaffeinated that we ordered. If we had his phone number we would have gladly gotten him out of bed. I ordered the spaghetti and meatballs as it is portrayed as a signature dish. There was very little pasta and what was there was badly overcooked. The wine pour was mediocre for the price. All-in-all, not a restuarant I would try again.
- Great timeCelebrationDined on 8/21/2014Great food. Celebrated a birthday and had a blast. The staff is courteous and the atmosphere is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayJustokayDined on 8/2/2014Over priced but great service. Food good not great for the price. High noise level for a white table cloth restaurant. Would go back if the price was a bit lower and the noise was a lot softer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodMichaelVIPDined on 8/2/2014Everything was fantastic. The tuna appetizer was wonderful and the pepper steak mouth watering.Special Features:
- The following 817 reviews are from the Tarbell's reviews archive.
- AWESOME!!RachelDined on 7/27/2014My father in law was in town and we were wanting something good for dinner. Tarbell's was recommended by a gentleman at my husband's work. Our server, Nathan, was awesome. He took care of us in everyway, even with my father in laws picky diet and winded conversation. I was able to split two entrees and try both, instead of having to chose. Seafood risotto and salmon are a must try!! My husbands steak was apparently the best he's had in the valley (I take his word because I am a vegetarian!) Top notch place. So if you want a special place to take your wife to on date night, or just a place to have a fabulous dinner, this is the spot!!Special Features:
- AhhhMightyMDined on 7/23/2014To celebrate my birthday, hubby booked an early table and requested a booth. When we arrived, the booths were already spoken for, so we were set up in a 1/2 booth and were treated to a couple glasses of champagne. Nice! We each ordered an appetizer and a dinner - the food was spectacular (as always). And the service was as good (better if that can be possible). We love coming here for those two reasons - the food and the service. It is truly top notch on both counts! I was quite surprised to also be treated to not just one, but two desserts - one with Happy Birthday Michelle spelled out in chocolate! Tarbell's is a wonderful place for a special occasion (it's wonderful ALL the time, but they outdo themselves for a special event).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love630Dined on 7/19/2014We were celebrating my husband's birthday and had never dined there before, and our server went out of her way to make it a special experience. The food and wine were outstanding, and the ambiance was romantic and upscale. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Unassuming Location, Amazing FoodPhoenixRisingVIPDined on 7/19/2014In the midst of the Biltmore and Scottsdale restaurants, is the unassuming Tarbell's restaurant. The view from outside is unassuming, but the menu, drinks, and atmosphere are sublime. I ordered the ribbon pasta with the chicken fennel sausage while my wife ordered the Fish of the moment. Everything tasted delicious, especially our pineapple cocktails that we ended up having to get 2 each cause they were that good. A great location to talk with friends or to spend a romantic evening. You will pay top dollar here, if you drink a lot of course that is, but you will be treating yourself to a great experience and delicious food.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/11/2014A little pricey for the amount of food - especially the appetizers. However it was all very good!Special Features: