3213 E. Camelback Road
Phoenix, AZ 85018Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tarbells.com/
- Phone: 6029558100
- Hours of Operation:
Open Seven Days a Week
Monday through Saturday 5PM to 10PM
Sunday 5PM to 9PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Tarbell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Tarbell's
Since 1994 Tarbell's has served an organic, seasonal menu featuring local produce, fresh seafood, fine meats and poultry, fresh pastas, and wood-oven pizzas. Everything is made in house with simplicity and love!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Tarbell's - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Tarbell's reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)fit for foodies (54)notable wine list (45)neighborhood gem (41)romantic (34)good for groups (13)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (11)late-night find (4)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- MurphDined on 10/22/2014Mark Tarbell always delivers great food and a great experience. MSpecial Features:
- Great foodErinBroVIPDined on 10/15/2014We were recommended this place by a friend, and it didn't disappoint. Service was excellent, and the food was delicious. We both had the Scotch Beef. The waiter described it as a "hug on a plate," and he was correct. Soooo good.Special Features:
- Outstanding Chef Owned RestaurantCarolVIPDined on 10/12/2014When we are in Phoenix; Tarbell's is a favorite place to dine.. We have been dining there for many years. The food is always excellent and the service is very professional. Our favorites on the menu are: Mr. Fish, Scotch beef, mussels and the scallops. The cheese cake is yummy! Mark Tarbell is a fantastic Chef !! Of course we will be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/6/2014Always a great experience. The food and service rarely disappoints me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodHaroldVIPDined on 9/30/2014Always fresh and inventive and developing its own classic recipes. Tarbells has sustained excellence for many years. The smoked salmon appetizer and raw tunas are better than any sushi restaurant in Phoenix. A truly gracious and wonderful restaurant .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findgreatfindDined on 9/25/2014This place is a must if you enjoy amazing food and drinks. I've been all over the world and this was one of the best meals I've had anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Excellent service and table but very disappointed in the Seafood risotto that we had. The seafood was ground up in to an oatmeal consistency. None of the seafood was distinguishable and the taste was commensurate with the mushy look. Would have sent it back but did not want to make a scene in front of my other guests.Special Features:
- What happened to the service?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014We don't come here a lot, but when we celebrated our anniversary here 2 1/2 years ago we had a memorable experience, due to the stellar service and the great food. This time, it felt like the wait staff just didn't want to be there. It was a disappointing experience that left me wishing we had chosen a different restaurant.
- Food great, Service even better!DesertHikerDined on 9/8/2014A memorable Martini to dessert experience. The Arcadian redfish special and my date's scallops were enormous portions. Hers were accompanied by a potato cake (yum!) and my fish was over an unusual but delicious chickpea sauce. Our meals were memorable, but the service was even better. Our bartender overheard our conversation with Mark Tarbell before we were seated, and my date asking about non-dairy dishes. The bartender notified our waiter Ryan of this in advance of our ordering. Ryan suggested to my date another dressing for her salad besides Parmesan Balsamic before we could say "no cheese"! Wow. Plus the support teams gliding in and out constantly, cleaning the table, filling every glass, just done so well. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic find!DmckDined on 9/6/2014Service with the right level of involvement. Recommendations were spot on. A sampler of the salad that we did it not order was presented with our meal as a very pleasant surprise... And was a keeper for our next visit. Presentation of every dish was picture worthy... And every bit as pleasant on the palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingKatieDined on 9/5/2014I really can't say enough good things about the food at this place. The salmon with crispy potato cake is to die for. The general style is like upscale comfort food, and it is basically the best ever. The restaurant itself is very nice - almost too fancy for my usual taste - but a beautiful ambiance and great for a special occasion. The service is thorough and they are very knowledgable. I highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Tarbell's is Terrific !RomanticEvesDined on 8/29/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening with you,Tarbells ! I made reservations for a special lady and you met our every request. You confirmed my reservation in 2 ways on 2 occasions. The 2 hostesses were delightful. Our waiter, James, was the best. Give him a raise! He was genuine, well informed, very professional and friendly ! The wine list was remarkable, the food was superb and the setting delightfully enjoyable. If you haven't been, GO. If like us you have been, I'm certain that like us, you wil return to enjoy Tarbell's again. Thank You All, Dr. EdSpecial Features:
- Another amazing mealPitchouneVIPDined on 8/26/2014Late supper on a Wednesday night, not over crowed great supper. We had the chicken fennel sausage with ribbon pasta delicious Would have love to try the roasted peaches dessert but by then they had no more :0( It sounded amazing so will have to go back another night..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Dining at Mark Tarbell's restaurant is always a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge service error, average foodDoctorDDined on 8/23/2014The service was impeccable until about midnight, when both my wife and I realized that we could not sleep because the server gave us caffeinated coffee instead of the decaffeinated that we ordered. If we had his phone number we would have gladly gotten him out of bed. I ordered the spaghetti and meatballs as it is portrayed as a signature dish. There was very little pasta and what was there was badly overcooked. The wine pour was mediocre for the price. All-in-all, not a restuarant I would try again.
- Great timeCelebrationDined on 8/21/2014Great food. Celebrated a birthday and had a blast. The staff is courteous and the atmosphere is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayJustokayDined on 8/2/2014Over priced but great service. Food good not great for the price. High noise level for a white table cloth restaurant. Would go back if the price was a bit lower and the noise was a lot softer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodMichaelVIPDined on 8/2/2014Everything was fantastic. The tuna appetizer was wonderful and the pepper steak mouth watering.Special Features:
- AWESOME!!RachelDined on 7/27/2014My father in law was in town and we were wanting something good for dinner. Tarbell's was recommended by a gentleman at my husband's work. Our server, Nathan, was awesome. He took care of us in everyway, even with my father in laws picky diet and winded conversation. I was able to split two entrees and try both, instead of having to chose. Seafood risotto and salmon are a must try!! My husbands steak was apparently the best he's had in the valley (I take his word because I am a vegetarian!) Top notch place. So if you want a special place to take your wife to on date night, or just a place to have a fabulous dinner, this is the spot!!Special Features:
- AhhhMightyMDined on 7/23/2014To celebrate my birthday, hubby booked an early table and requested a booth. When we arrived, the booths were already spoken for, so we were set up in a 1/2 booth and were treated to a couple glasses of champagne. Nice! We each ordered an appetizer and a dinner - the food was spectacular (as always). And the service was as good (better if that can be possible). We love coming here for those two reasons - the food and the service. It is truly top notch on both counts! I was quite surprised to also be treated to not just one, but two desserts - one with Happy Birthday Michelle spelled out in chocolate! Tarbell's is a wonderful place for a special occasion (it's wonderful ALL the time, but they outdo themselves for a special event).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love630Dined on 7/19/2014We were celebrating my husband's birthday and had never dined there before, and our server went out of her way to make it a special experience. The food and wine were outstanding, and the ambiance was romantic and upscale. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Unassuming Location, Amazing FoodPhoenixRisingVIPDined on 7/19/2014In the midst of the Biltmore and Scottsdale restaurants, is the unassuming Tarbell's restaurant. The view from outside is unassuming, but the menu, drinks, and atmosphere are sublime. I ordered the ribbon pasta with the chicken fennel sausage while my wife ordered the Fish of the moment. Everything tasted delicious, especially our pineapple cocktails that we ended up having to get 2 each cause they were that good. A great location to talk with friends or to spend a romantic evening. You will pay top dollar here, if you drink a lot of course that is, but you will be treating yourself to a great experience and delicious food.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/11/2014A little pricey for the amount of food - especially the appetizers. However it was all very good!Special Features:
- Always greatJerryDined on 7/9/2014I've been to Tarbells about 10 times and I've never been disappointed. Always a great meal.Special Features:
- RickVIPDined on 7/8/2014The Pepper Steak was nothing short of perfection--truly an outstanding dish. Salads and desserts were good--not great, and the service was friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnificent and consistent.GreatVIPDined on 7/5/2014This is our 5th great dinner at Tarbell's and we look forward to every opportunity to dine there. The roast chicken is extraordinary-- juicy, tasty, and crispy al at once. Our friends had the Scotch Beef and said it was the best they have every had. The wine list is es excellent and top quality. I wished we lived closer to this great restaurant, but it definitely makes the 350 mile car trip fom San Diego wothwhile.Special Features:
- Nice new findFatboyDined on 7/3/2014We had Tarbells recommended by friends and it didn't disappoint Food was excellent, calamari and mushroom starters were very tasty. Followed by the peppercorn steak main which was huge and fantastic and the seafood risotto was delicious. Was not a huge fan of the creme brûlée but would definitely return.Special Features:
- Tarbell's never disappointsAnnaVIPDined on 7/3/2014Girls' nite out, and my 2 friends had never been to Tarbell's before. I knew it would be great; they both loved it too. We always share appetizers (tuna tartare and eggplant stuffed raviolis with a wonderful sauce), and one of the girls who insisted she didn't like eggplant almost ordered another dish of it for her entrée. We also get tastes of everyone's entrée, but we were all very happy with our own choices, so just a taste sufficed (I have a hard time NOT ordering the chcken/fennel sausage with housemade papparadelle). We chose the chocolate cake with pistachio ice cream and the bourbon bread pudding for dessert - yummy! A great evening of food and friends!Special Features:
- Great placeSpecialOcasionDined on 6/30/2014I expected a great food and wine selection. They had both. The service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, as always!NattyBDined on 6/30/2014I've eaten at Tarbell's for the fifth year in a row while visiting Arizona. I first came to Tarbell's after doing a bit of research on the best chefs in Arizona. Mark Tarbell was on that list, and being a lover of really good food, I decided to try his restaurant. I was not disappointed then, nor have I been disappointed since. The food is always delicious and the service superb. I'll certainly be back the next time I'm in Phoenix.Special Features:
- Dependable always!KarenandbillDined on 6/29/2014We always have a wonderful evening at Tarbells. The food is outstanding and it is such a pleasant place to dine! We usually see someone we know. We go back and back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent pepper steakrunnerscaneatDined on 6/29/2014This was melt in your mouth, absolutely perfectly cooked steak and the sauce was amazing. One of our party had the evening fish special and pronounced it delicious as well. The plum soup and kale salad were standout sides, as well as the unique scalloped potato. The portions were excellent, not so large as to prevent room for dessert (very, very yummy chocolate cake, trio of sorbet and bread pudding). The service was attentive and well timed, but not overbearing. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 803 reviews are from the Tarbell's reviews archive.
- AmazingCherylDined on 6/25/2014Love this restaurant always! Food, ambiance, service are always exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Time at Tarbell'sSpotDined on 6/23/2014I was lucky enough to breakaway on a Monday night for another wonderful dinner at Tarbell's. I hadn't been for quite a while because of a hectic schedule. The food and service were as impeccable as always, and the ambiance was so relaxing. Even Mark Tarbell was there to say 'hi' and chat for a bit. What a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJamesDined on 6/21/2014Unbelievable our wonderful the food was, not to mention the great presentation.Special Features:
- A real treatdinandinoDined on 6/20/2014We recently moved to LA after living and working near 32nd St. and Camelback for 35 years. When I visit Phoenix, the first place I want to dine is Tarbell's. When my family meets, we go to Tarbell's. When we entertain guests, we go to Tarbell's. The menu is fresh and always being refreshed. Most recently, I had the mussels and they were OUTSTANDING. The wine selections are excellent and a great value. The staff and ambiance make you feel at home. Excellent choice for any occasion. Keep it up.Special Features:
- FavsFoodiemanVIPDined on 6/17/2014This is a classic great spot. And consistently good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServicejboneDined on 6/17/2014I let them know it was my first time there and they provided me with a couple free appetizers. Very attentive to our needs and very good service.Special Features:
- NomsDined on 6/14/2014The aged steak was not worth the price. Over peppered crust and the sides with it were very plain. If you want a good steak for that price I would recommend a true steak house. That being said, the Mussels were outstanding! And the house salad was great as well. The waiter was also very friendly and attentive. The front hostess was rude and while seating another table next to us was standing over my girlfriend and bumped her and had the menus sticking into her face, and not once turned to notice. She was terribly unaware of her surroundings. As great as the mussels and the waiter were, I unfortunately will not being going there ever again.Special Features:
- gsilver8Dined on 6/14/2014An outstanding meal. Each of the 5 of us were thoroughly pleased with the ambiance, the service and of course, the food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.