3319 West Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90026Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tarascosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3236693300x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Thursday 11:00AM - 11:00PM, Friday and Saturday 10:00AM-3AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Mexican, Vegetarian
- Executive Chef: Gabriela Garcia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please call 12 hours in advance for catering orders.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer rooms for private dining that can seat larger parties.
Our restaurant is great for hosting birthday parties, wedding rehersals, business luncheons and many other events.
- Private Party Contact: Antonio 3236795459x
- Special Events: Sunday and Wednesday nights from 9 am and 7pm Cooking Classes and Draft Beer to spice it up.
A word from Tarascos Restaurant
Tarascos Restaurant has established itself over the past three years as a Silver Lake favorite through its fresh Mexican dining, bohemian atmosphere, and involvement in the Silver Lake community. The outdoor patio of Tarascos Restaurant is truly an oasis amidst the busy hubbub of Sunset Boulevard. It’s the perfect place to unwind and have a drink from Tarasco’s extensive drink menu that includes a variety of excellent Mexican beers and fun wine-based mixed drinks from lemon drops to mojitos. The menu features an array of homemade Mexican delights from traditional menu items like tacos and quesadillas to less typical menu items like menudo and huaraches. Tarascos takes its passion for traditional Mexican food a step further by offering cooking classes twice a week on Sundays and Wednesdays. At Tarascos, you can sign up for a cooking class where you get to use Tarasco’s recipe with fresh ingredients to fantastic Mexican delicacies and even take some home. What are you waiting for?!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tarascos Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Nice little Neighborhood FindtomcatterVIPDined on 11/4/2013Enjoyed the Cochinita Pibil burrito. Lots of flavor & texture. Will return to sample other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/27/2013Will,not go back. Food was mediocre . Service was awful
- not a worithy choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/11/2013will not be going back, service was poor, i had dinner it's an outdoor patio shack kind of place, it was very cold that night, they had patio heaters that did'nt work, the light were out so i passed around a pocket flashlight to see the menue as well as the area, durning the hour of dinning they played loud hard core rap music with some a few spanish tunes, really in a mexican restaurant, we asked if they could play something more apporpreate the server said it was prerecored.
- Was disappointed that it isOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Was disappointed that it is an only outdoor dining restaurant. More of a neighborhood place to order food to go or to hang out during the hot summer days.Special Features:
- Would not go backOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/10/2012Initially the service was fine. The food came out in a good amount of time. It seems that right after that the service went down hill for some reason. I did not get a refill on my drink. I asked for tortillas to go along with my dish and waited for 10 minutes so I stopped a waitress and asked her. She said she will be right back and never came. Overall I waited about 20 minutes for tortillas and no refill. I couldn't enjoy my meal since I waited for certain items for quite some time, my meal ended up being cold. I asked for a dessert to go and didn't get that either. I had to go to the front and stop the waiter, which was difficult in itself. The check was incorrect, about a $15.00 overcharge, bad bad service, bad experience.
- This place is probably onlyPreMovieDinnerDined on 12/10/2012This place is probably only good during the summer. They only have one heater. Service is really slow. The Mexican Ice cream was good.Special Features:
- The restaurant has mostlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/10/2012The restaurant has mostly outdoor seating. We happened to be there on a pretty cold evening and they had only couple heat lampls operating for the entire patio. The cold weather diminished the experience.
- No bartender to make margaritasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2012No bartender to make margaritas on the Sunday we were there. Only beer was available. Carne asada was tough. Call before going if you want the option of beer or margaritas.
- This restaurant is a bit hiddenluckik30Dined on 9/28/2012This restaurant is a bit hidden but once you find it, you'll be glad you did! Delicious food at affordable prices.Special Features:
- Reservations are not necessary.LMRCDined on 9/28/2012Reservations are not necessary. The food was OK. If you happen to be in the neighborhood, and are hungry, this place will certainly satisfy your hunger. The turn off for me was the lack of parking. There is a large parking area behind the restaurant but ALL of it is claimed by the church next door. The margaritas are like any other, made with that sweet mix. Was hoping for fresh made with real limes. The wait staff was friendly enough, but not enough for me to go visit again. This is more of a neighborhood eatery.Special Features:
- Food is good. I think it wouldOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2012Food is good. I think it would be a great place on a hot summer night.Special Features:
- I really expected more fromOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/1/2012I really expected more from the restaurant and service. The server was not experienced and could not handle more than a task at a time much less multiple table. The food was greasy and salty.
- Great Hot Spot-Sunset JunctionRiosbestDined on 11/6/2011Great Little Hot Spot in Sunset Junction area with terrific food and fun atmosphereSpecial Features:
- the waitress was nice... showedSpritelyDined on 9/24/2011the waitress was nice... showed up occasionally to check up on us throughout our meal, but was expressionless.... but i can't complain, our water jug stayed full the whole time. while waiting for our food, we nibbled on chips and homemade salsa... the tomato salsa was really good... but the bf hogged it all... it was spicier than it looked. the orange paste salsa was really good as well.. it was tangy spicy.. almost a lil sweet at the end... i had the nopal plate. i was expecting just the nopal and corn tortillas. it also came with beans, spanish rice, guacamole, pico de gallo, and a huge pile of carnitas. everything was really savory... the nopal was very savory and seasoned with many herbs. a solid joint to have cheap mexican fooSpecial Features: