1112 West Armitage
Chicago, IL 60614Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tarantinos.com/
- Phone: 7738712929
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Jesus Santoyo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Tarantino’s offers a personalized menu for groups of 10 - 100.
- Private Party Facilities: Tarantino's can accommodate 9 or more people. Please call ahead.
- Private Party Contact: John Tarantino 7738712929
A word from Tarantino's
In Lincoln Park, an elegant yet comfortable ambiance featuring seasonal arrangements of contemporary American and Italian inspired cuisine …and Summer has brought a delightful setting in our sidewalk garden.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tarantino's reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)romantic (13)great for outdoor dining (10)good for groups (8)special occasion (6)notable wine list (4)fit for foodies (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/17/2014We've eaten at Tarantino's many times. The food is always excellent. The restaurant is beautifully done inside. It's one of our "go to" places, especially when we want to talk since it's not too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enchanting EveningChiTownFoodieDined on 9/27/2014Wine and pasta dishes were paired to perfection. Mussels are must as an appetizer. Wait staff was courteous and energetic.Special Features:
- diner1VIPDined on 9/20/2014Bad service. Many waiters chatting and laughing, nobody really taking care of our table. It took a long time to place our order. Food was not to par... should have had pasta. Do not order anything different.
- First and probably last timelocalVIPDined on 8/31/2014Recommended by a friend who lives around the corner, decided to give it a try. Feels like one of those restaurants you're glad is in YOUR neighborhood because it's got enough going for it - but not enough if you can't, say, walk a few blocks to get there. Food was good but didn't really stand out. And service was ROTTEN. Server was kind, apologetic - it was a busy night - but doesn't matter how kind and apologetic the server is, bad service (e.g., never got to order a glass of wine after my entree arrived, despite asking someone to tell my server) sends me away.
- Tuesday is 50% wine dayChicagosuzDined on 8/19/2014Really good Italian food, specials are always notable. Wine list is nicely curated. Tuesday surprise, let's enjoy more wine! Worth a visitSpecial Features:
- Great Food and ServiceJNO621VIPDined on 8/2/2014I booked online, but was running late and asked to move my reservation to a time slot 30 mins later. They were very accomodating and polite over the phone. Our waitress was also pleasant and attentive. The outdoor patio was really cute.. since it is tucked in a quieter part of the neighborhood, it was the PERFECT place for a nice dinner with my boyfriend. We didn't sit inside, but it looked cozy. Food was tasty! I had the chicken breast, my boyfriend had the rigatoni (SO GOOD) and fried calamari. ALL really good. I don't like super sweet cocktails, but Hibiscus drink was awesome and refreshing. Molten lava cake and the coffee/Kahlua drink were amazing! Not a bad thing on menu! We were there on a Saturday. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014Great veal, will go back. Fun local spot. Pastas homemade , deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great EveningmhinchiDined on 7/25/2014Staff was really nice, food was excellent - love the quiet Lincoln Park spot.Special Features:
- Very pleasant first visitPickyDinerVIPDined on 7/19/2014Tried Tarantino's this past weekend after a friend spoke highly of it. We nabbed one of the last outdoor tables at 7 pm on a perfect evening for dining al fresco. Our waitress was attentive and helpful; the busboys and hostess were also friendly yet professional. I chose a special first course, fresh figs stuffed with goat cheese and wrapped in prosciutto, on a bed of greens. This was a stand-out dish. My husband also raved about his veal saltimbocca, another special. Our other courses from the regular menu were also very nice, as were our drinks (an Aperol spritzer for me, a glass of wine for him). We'll definitely put Tarantino's into our local rotation. So far, we prefer it to other nearby Italian restaurants.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2014Delicious!!! Pizza is excellent. The chicken Parmesan was also very good. We had a great experience and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okayOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/11/2014Food was good - the arugula salad was exceptional - but a bit let down by the experience, especially as it was a special occasion. We had poor service, and a table in a bad location. The noise level was such that it was hard to have a conversation.
- The following 201 reviews are from the Tarantino's reviews archive.
- Hot & SpicyEdZsDined on 6/21/2014Appetizers and Salads were very good. Mussels served hot, but could have been less spicy. Everyone enjoyed their Pastas dishes. Server asked if we wanted to tone down the pasta dish, Fusili, I should have taken her advice even though I enjoyed the entrée. Almost everyone was taking a leftover home. Would definitely come back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Osso bucco and pork chop was great.gregariousDined on 6/20/2014Everyone loved their entrees service was terrific and a great neighborhhood spot. Excellent wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/20/2014We have dined at Tarantino's many times. The food is always excellent. The outdoor dining space is great. The owner always comes to the table to make sure your experience is good. This is one of our go to places.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014Neighborhood gem - delicious food and great ambiance. Have been coming here for years. Must have: mussels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- improvedKaykayVIPDined on 6/17/2014We live in the neighborhood and had previously enjoyed the restaurant until the service became so dismal and careless that we refused to return. Recently, we gave it another try and are happy to have had a more normal restaurant experienceSpecial Features:
- charmboyDined on 6/15/2014Always reliable. Attractive and attentive wait staff. Consistent food with interesting special dishes.Special Features:
- Steady and SuredonjoVIPDined on 5/13/2014Tarantino's is a great place to visit with friends for a pleasant evening. The room, not having changed in the 14 years we've been coming here, remains charming and warm. The food is good and comfortable but certainly not cutting-edge nor high cuisine. But neither is it just pasta and red sauce. Johnny has found an excellent formula and keeps packing the house for a good reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great expienceReddawgVIPDined on 5/10/2014Great food, service and vibe. A neighborhood classic with a personal touch and attention to the details.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice evening!LJohnsonDined on 4/26/2014I was only able to get a 6:30 reservation because I booked late on Saturday afternoon. We had a great time. Our server was very friendly and fun. She made it clear that if we wanted to sub side dishes on the menu that was fine. I have never heard of this. What a great idea! We had the beet salad and muscles as an appetizer. Perfectly timed. I had a half order black pasta with muscles & shrimp, which is another thing I love. I just can't eat a huge order of pasta so this was nice too. My husband had the salmon. We had a great night, we were treated great, did not feel rushed, drank a bottle of wine, and had a very nice evening. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- been going there for yearschanemcocoDined on 4/25/2014food consistent but this time our server was less than marginal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as I rememberOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/15/2014I took my girlfriend there after not being there for a year. It was early and there were only three other tables seated. The service was comically slow and the food was good although not as good as I remember from previous visits. The smoked chicken farfalle, which I used to really enjoy, was bland. The arugula beet salad was very good. We wanted to get desert but after waiting 10 minutes after asking for the desert menu to receive it and another 15 for her to come back (there were maybe 5 tables occupied at this point) we gave up.
- GreatFoodie18Dined on 3/8/2014Dinner was excellent. Everyone enjoyed their meals emenseley. From the delicious calamari starter, to the lobster ravioli and apricot glazed rack or lamb and finally the taramisu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Spot on a Cold Snowy NightGlobalphileVIPDined on 3/1/2014Great warm ambiance, great food and service plus good wines made it a perfect spot on a cold winter night! Always great.Special Features:
- This restaurant is our goOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/22/2014This restaurant is our go to place in our neighborhood. The food is consistently good, the atmosphere is very nice, and the service is always good. The menu doesn't vary much, but the specials provided variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly energy, lovely meal.Live2eatDined on 2/8/2014An absolutely delightful Saturday night out at Tarantino's for myself and my DePaul freshman daughter. Friendly and relaxed with elegance. The service was right on, very knowledgable. Impressive to have the owner of Tarantino 's stop by our table to check on us. The food was everything we wanted it to be. The lobster ravioli was outstanding with a savory tomato cream sauce. The penne with eggplant was beyond delicious as my vegetarian daughter described her luscious dish. The salads were crisp and fresh. The bread was warm and perfectly crusty. No room for dessert, darn it! For sure next time! And there will definitely be a next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was MediocreDisappointedDined on 2/6/2014Myself and a friend have wanted to try Tarantino's for a while now. We finally made reservations during restaurant week and were both a bit disappointed. The food looks delicious but was just a mere mediocre. We both ordered chicken parmesan. My chicken was so tough that I could only manage to get down two bites-after it had to be rigorously cut with a steak knife. My friend's chicken was not nearly as tough as mine but she said it was extremely bland and the noodles that it came with were barely cooked.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal with friends kindNameeeeeeVIPDined on 2/1/2014Great meal with friends kind of place! We all had the lamb, it was excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful dinner!HattyVIPDined on 1/31/2014I love taking people to Taratinos. The food is consistently great and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've dined at TarantinosOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/17/2014We've dined at Tarantinos many times. It's always been a great place in the neighborhood to go. The Chilean Sea Bass was really good and the other pastas eaten at the table were also appreciated. The only criticism I can offer is that their menu is almost always the same. There are specials but even they don't seem to vary much. Even so, we still really enjoy dining there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyed the dinnerSLAMDined on 1/11/2014Really enjoyed the dinner there. Came with a group of 6. The staff set us up with a cozy table, took care of our coats. Service was outstanding and everything we ordered was just delicious. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tarantino's RestaurantJRA7Dined on 1/11/2014Great food and atmosphere. Owner is very good at working the room, and always on the move greeting people and checking service and food quality. Ran into some friends, and they gave us extra seating so they. Of join us. Been to Tarantino's many times before, and they never disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our little secretItaliangirlDined on 12/29/2013Tarantino's is like "our little secret" in the neighborhood. It has good food and service and wonderful ambiance. There are better known places in Lincoln Park which don't come close to Tarantino's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tarantino'sBHerbVIPDined on 12/19/2013Had a great meal and a great time at Tarantino's. Just a simple Italian place full of good people and a relaxed atmosphere. We enjoyed the Acorn Squash for an appetizer and the Lamb and the salmon for entrees. Both were good, but will try and come back sometime to try more dishes especially the chicken parm and or other pasta dishes.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBaileyDined on 12/15/2013The food was great - started with the corn crusted oysters that were delicious. We split a caesar salad that was as good as any I have had and split the black linguini with seafood. Plenty of food and it was very good. My only complaint is that my husband ordered tea and it was lukewarm (at best) - the waitress did bring another pot, but still lukewarm. Really not much of a complaint. Good food, reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!RockinlaroccoVIPDined on 12/13/2013Delicious as always at Tarantino's. Loved everything about our meal! J Pinot Noir is a personal favortite now!Special Features:
- Super friendly and attentiveHungryDined on 12/13/2013Super friendly and attentive staff. Great little gem for Italian in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although not close to my homeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/7/2013Although not close to my home or neighborhood, you can count on me to return to this place on a special occasion basis! Great atmosphere! Wonderful service, and top notch food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, just a bad waitressSantariumDined on 11/12/2013The place was very nice. The food was good, although a little pricy. I did get a terrablly slow waitress. I try not to skew reviews because of one small part on the resturant.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood placeMikeVIPDined on 10/26/2013This was our first time here, and we will be back. Host greeted use right away, and was very nice. The server was well informed, and had great suggestions. The food was well prepared and matched the description in the menu. The atmosphere and lighting was somewhat romantic. We had an early dinner before our show and the noise level got a little louder as the night progressed but not intrusive.Special Features: