7501- Leesburg Pike
Falls Church, VA 22043Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://tarathaifallschurch.com/
- Phone: 7035069788
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are happy to deliver a catered lunch or dinner to your home or office at the time you specify. Same day service orders are welcome.
- Entertainment: Join us for an occasional wine dinners. We have put together an exclusive collection of wine from around the world. To us, wine is an integral part of dining experience at Tara Thai restaurant. We are always trying to promote wineries and personalities that share a passion and a commitment to making great wines. Many of these wines are offered in very small quantities and this may be your only chance to enjoy them.
A word from Tara Thai
The word "tara," commonly found in Thai folk literature, means water. Thus, our restaurant offers a unique and relaxing atmosphere, featuring a variety of underwater art for your dining pleasure. Our menu consists of authentic Thai cooking, using family recipes that have been handed down for generations. Our friendly staff always strive to make your visit enjoyable and worthwhile.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tara Thai reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good foodRositaDined on 5/10/2014Good food and traditional flavors. Service was ok but the place was a bit crowded. For the price, the portions were of decent size. Spicy as requested!!Special Features:
- Eggplant SpecialmarikoDined on 3/20/2014I never met an eggplant I didn't like - and the eggplant dish at Tara Thai was no exception - except that it was indeed exceptional. I would also recommend the lychee ice cream - this is the only restaurant where I've found it on the menu and recommend you try it - tastes just like lychee!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner with 12 FriendsFoodie2013Dined on 3/15/2014I've had times where I went to this restaurant and the Tom Ka didn't taste quite right or my noodle dish was a little cold. When bringing these things to their attention they are very courteous and take care of it, so I'm happy! This past weekend I decided to have a birthday dinner for my friends and made a 12 person reservation. Our waiter was great, the food was great, and everyone loved it. The only problem I had was when the food was brought out. There were 12 of us so I understand it takes some time to bring the dishes out but there was probably a 10 minute time span between the first noodle dish entree that was brought out to the last one. Not too big of a deal, and this has never happened. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great traditional ThaiCreekerDined on 2/19/2014Innovation on traditional Thai dishes is subtle, but evident. Service is casual, but attentive. Families, young singles, and older folks share good food and colorful decor. I'll go again.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceKimberlyVIPDined on 2/8/2014This was our first visit to Tara Thai and we were not disappointed. We had a group of six. Everyone enjoyed their entrees, especially the Siemese Steak. We would definitely return as there are many dishes that sound delicious.Special Features:
- The coldest dinner everLola2003VIPDined on 2/8/2014Service good. Temperature of restaurant was very cold. Tabletop cold causing plats brought out for our entrees to become cold. Food came hot but once moved to plates became cold quickly. Taste of food great as usual. Please get some heaters or insulation for the many windows in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a good experience.Lola2003VIPDined on 1/11/2014Overall a good experience. Only negatives were: we had ni silverware at the table where we were seated and the plates our entrees were put on were not kept on a warmer. Therefore the food became cold quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsMcLeanMomVIPDined on 1/9/2014I've been to Tara Thai several times and the food and service are consistently good. I went there with a friend from out of town and we enjoyed the food and even though we lingered after the meal, no one bothered us or tried to rush us. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicefoooodVIPDined on 12/6/2013Everyone from the hostess to waiters and waitresses were so kind. We were hungry and as we waited for a table, they let us place the order so that when we sat the food was ready! Genius. The food and tea were tasty.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, large portionsBouldergalDined on 11/18/2013Good food, large portions... Some items on the menu are not available which is annoying. You should take them off or mark them as seasonal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When they say spicy they mean it!AJMBVIPDined on 11/7/2013Really good, enjoyable Thai food, cheerfully served in simple surroundingsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great to meet friends for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2013Food is good and it is not so noisy that you can't talk.
- We came here because we wereLeahVIPDined on 9/4/2013We came here because we were on a time crunch and it was late afternoon before the dinner rush yet service for four people still took over an hour. Food was OK with nothing really sticking out in our minds.
- Good appetizer, not so great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2013We had two wonderful appetizers, a sushi roll and chick curry on sticks. But my wife's soft shelled crab was too greasy and fishy tasting and my duck was way over cooked, the vegetables (cabbage and what not) were cold and tasted like fish. Disappointing - we were hoping to find a good Thai restaurant...
- Super food, served with charm.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/5/2013Loved the coconut mushroom soup with the lunch special, and the ginger chicken was a winner too. My cousin's curry was spicier than expected, but the sticky rice with mango dessert (best I've ever eaten) more than compensated. Where else can you get a delicious lunch for under $40 for three? We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great ThaiMikeDVIPDined on 8/3/2013Crispy beef app was terrific. Soft shell crabs good too. Ambiance is like a sports bar. Other locations carry off the fish and water themes better. Best Thai food around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thai foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2013The appetizers and dishes were all great. We had the shrimp and scallops specialty and I don't recall seeing any chili peppers listed to designate how spicy it was. One bite though told me to be careful. Even my wife who loves spicy had problems with it. But I may have missed something on the menu. Excellent food.Special Features:
- Some good dishes but not enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/13/2013Some good dishes but not enough to lure us back given the other excellent Thai restaurants in the area. This restaurant used to deliver higher-quality meals -- seems as if it has slipped a bit and needs to reinvent itself and sharpen up its offerings. Service was friendly and attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tara Thai AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/24/2013Has something for everyone on the menu. My mother would drive 40 miles round trip every week to try a different menu item.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Accommodating!klarelyDined on 5/23/2013The wait staff made every effort to accommodate our requests for how spicy we wanted our food, and accommodating our wine choices. Nice evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day outingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013They had my table for 7 reserved and ready for me. It was quite crowded due to its small space. They did not have a kids menus, so he got served an adult plate, which we took home. We ordered two different coladas b/c they should be light on alcohol and sweet drinks, they had it wrong. It was very strong and unsweet. I wouldn't recommend them for their drinks. But their food is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant and food wise excelent,KarlaVIPDined on 5/9/2013Restaurant and food wise excelent, but need to improve on the service.Special Features:
- Our company is such a fanOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/17/2013Our company is such a fan of Tara Thai that we have made it our lunch spot. Everyone is so helpful and the food is plentiful and delicious. Although we had a group of seven we were able to converse in a normal voice and still be heard. We will continue to frequent this restaurant.
- Thumbs up to Tara Thai!VIPwithOpenTableVIPDined on 2/21/2013We had a delightful med-week dining experience at Tara Thai. We did not have to wait to be greeted or seated. The food was good and our server was attentive and friendly. I definitely recommend this restaurant and would patronize it in the future.Special Features:
- I Love This Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013I've been here many times and the food is outstanding. It does get really busy and service can be slower but it is worth it. Waiters are very friendly and helpful but nothing super special. Ambiance is really fun, themed with lots of things to look at! THere are great options and good drinks!Special Features:
- Delicious Menu!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The food was fantastic! We had several menu items and each one was superior. It's now become a favorite place to dine.Special Features:
- Our favorite spot for ThaiDinerDined on 1/19/2013Our favorite spot for Thai food. We drive past others to dine here. We went at 4pm on a Sat. which is why it was quiet . Usually it is packed.Special Features:
- We love going to Tara Thai.JoanneVIPDined on 1/13/2013We love going to Tara Thai. The menu is extensive, although we ordered from the specials this time. The food was delicious, and it is a great place to go to on a weekend evening.Special Features:
- Very friendly staff, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/11/2013Very friendly staff, great with kids and loved the wine selection.Special Features:
- OriginOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/27/2012Requires more attention to details and requests. Host didn't stop back to check if we were satisfied with our order. In fact the duck was too hard, we requested to remove order from the tab. This was the 2nd time, the 1st was the Nam Tok salad, I have had this salad in several different places but could not believe the way this was prepared and was returned.
- Tata Thai is tradition inOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/25/2012Tata Thai is tradition in our family. We go every year the weekend before Thanksgiving to celebrate my mother in law's and my birthday- She has been gone three years, but we still go. The food is wonderful, the drinks are fun, and the atmosphere is nice. the dumplings are amazing.Special Features:
- Good but not outstanding ThaiOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2012Good but not outstanding Thai food. They were able to accommodate a party of 8 at 7pm on a Friday with an hour's notice. Easy access from 66 inside the Beltway.Special Features:
- Was visiting the old neighborhoodTravelingPalateVIPDined on 9/15/2012Was visiting the old neighborhood and had to eat at Tara Thai. My wife always loves how they prepare their seafood and I love their duck and Tom Ka Gai soup.
- Terrible, unfriendly service;OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2012Terrible, unfriendly service; dirty; small, crowded-together tables; poorly decorated; mediocre food. We were a party of two. Host seated us at a table he wiped down with a filthy rag and left wet & sticky. No napkin or silverware until we asked - after food was served. We each ordered an appetizer and an entree. Waitress dropped off mine without a word. By the next time she was close and we could remind her of the missing soup, my appetizer was half done. A minute later, she served entrees and then, after that, the forgotten soup, all without apology or excuse. Food was just OK; chef needs to learn to season with more than extreme heat. We asked for leftover boxes; waitress insisted we pay first; even then, had to ask 2X. Don't go!
- I found the restaurant toluv2eatDined on 8/10/2012I found the restaurant to be extremely noisy and crowded. My husband and I could hardly hear ourselves talk. The service was poor. One appetizer was brought and was cold by the time we alerted the host that the other appetizer was never brought. For the type of restaurant( Thai) I was surprised that they did not carry low sodium soy sauce. Price for the portion of the entree received ( at least for my entree) was overpriced. I would not return or recommend this restaurant to any one I know.
- Embarrassed to say, we wentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2012Embarrassed to say, we went to the wrong restaurant! And never made it to our reservation at Tara Thai. So very sorry to the restaurant, and we will try again another time.
- Delicious & Improved!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/26/2012We usually pick up food from Tara Thai and eat at home, but we ate there this time and I don't know if it's because we tried some different dishes, but it was excellent and we really enjoyed ourselves. Pricing is reasonable and the service and overall attitude and atmosphere has really improved over the last few years. They have a "new" duck dish (can't remember the name)that was absolutely delicious and one we'll get again. We started with the warm noodle & shrimp salad and shrimp cakes - both were quite good. We also had a seafood noodle dish that was very tasty. All our dishes were hot and spicy, and very yummy!Special Features:
- Impressive this time...OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/11/2012We've been dining and carrying out at this Tara Thai for many years. We almost always enjoy our meal and service, however, I must say that the food and service were exceptional this time - maybe because we've done more carry out or maybe because we've just forgotten that the staff is quite friendly. We got a noodle dish (delicious) and a red curry dish (also delicious) as well as the mussels (very good and not too small) and shrimp cakes (pretty good, but we have had better).Special Features:
- Neighborhood Thai ~July-4-2012YummersDined on 7/4/2012We were in No. VA for the 4th of July. This Thai restaurant was very near our HGI hotel. We were pleased with the menu selections and the spice levels. We each ordered spring rolls...we could have split them as an appetizer. The satay was fine and my husband had a good chicken curry. The waitress was charming and attentive. We would return. It as open on July fourth with lots of locals there for lunch.Special Features:
- This place needs a spark.jillntVIPDined on 6/15/2012This place needs a spark. The service was slow and the food was overly sweet.