4001 North Fairfax Drive
Arlington, VA 22203Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://taratemple.com/
- Phone: 7039084999
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday : Thai foods 4:30pm - 10:30pm;
Late Night Sushi Menu: Friday - Saturday: 10:30pm - 12:00am; The Lounge: Thursday: 10:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 10:30pm - Late Night
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Japanese, Asian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We can cater your event or offer you our entire restaurant for a private event. Contact our events department at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cross Street: North Quincy Street
- Public Transit: Tara Temple is located two blocks from the Orange Line Ballston Metrorail station.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Off street parking is available. We're located at 4001 North Fairfax, Arlington, VA 22203 (At the corner of North Quincy St).
A word from Tara Temple
Tara Temple offers three distinct dining experiences for you to choose from: Enjoy a relaxing meal in our dining room, Experience our unique Sushi & Yakitori Bar, Relax, converse and enjoy Thai and Japanese selections in our Lounge area. The décor is inspired by the eastern religious temple. The idea was to transform the restaurant into a majestic "Asian Temple" and offers our guests a sensual trip though the cuisine of Asia.Continued
Tara Temple is the hot spot in Arlington that you'll want to visit again and again.
Tara Temple is the hot spot in Arlington that you'll want to visit again and again.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tara Temple reviews from OpenTable diners
- Nice Environs, but Food MissesMargaretVIPDined on 10/24/2013Imagine an Asian restaurant that serves multiple pots of tea -- all less than lukewarm. And tempura that is excessively bread-y, gloppy and heavy. Stick with the basic sushi here. Anything more ambitious will be disappointing.Special Features:
- won't go againfoodDined on 9/19/2013Tara Temple was very disappointing. Food quality was poor and the flavor of the ingredients was overpowered by salt. Nothing close to traditional Thai. Won't go again.
- The Summer of 2013OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/3/2013It's hard to believe the Summer of 2013 passed so quickly. As a Foodie, I will remember Tara Temple's Summer Sushi Roll (salmon, tuna, shrimp, avocado and mango wrapped in soy paper). It's nice to know Tara Temple will continue to make it to order after the Summer menu is replaced. BTW - I'm looking forward to trying one of Tara Temple's spicy dishes when I visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely DeterioriatedblahDined on 8/22/2013I have been to this place a lot before, maybe a year ago or more, and I have to say...it looks like it has gone downhill. The tables looked like they needed to be refinished. The service wasn't good. The "summer special" mojito was about the worst one I have ever tasted. All I am saying is, don't have it as a special if you don't know how to make it. I'm not surprised at how empty it was on a night when there were people out all over Arlington. This place needs to step it up, renew the décor and such, get some more enthusiastic service, and come up with exciting specials and drinks that taste good.
- TaraccarolDined on 7/21/2013The food was very good. The menu is varied. The décor is attractive. Waitress was polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do You Remember?OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/31/2013When was the last time you had a dining experience - fantastic sushi, exceptional service at a reasonable price ? For me it was my recent visit to Tara Temple. Special thanks to Nuwi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe my wife and I came onOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/22/2013Maybe my wife and I came on an off night, but our service was terrible. There looked to be only 1 server working, and he lost / forgot to place my wife's order in the kitchen. When we asked the waiter where it was, he was unapologetic and made us seem like it was our fault that he had messed up. Not a good dinner for a night out, I basically sat with my sushi for 15 minutes while they cooked hers and brought it so we could have dinner together. The food itself was ok, the papaya salad was good, but neither the sushi nor panang curry were really memorable.
- Mix Business With PleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/16/2013I needed a convenient place to meet an out-of-town client at the last minute. I really expected the focus to be on the conversation not the food. The client was late. I read the menu, instead of my normal habit of looking for a favorite dish. For our first course, we order the Papaya Salad (Shredded papaya + peanut + string beans+ dry shrimp |spicy lime dressing). Than we order sushi: Nirvana Roll (Lump Crab Meat, Crunchy Tempura Flake, Avocado, Tuna, Salmon, topped w/ Black- Tobiko| Spicy Mayo) Bonsai Roll (Yellowtail, Crunchy Tempura Flake, Wasabi, Tobiko, and Avocado) Lol, more sushi for dessert: Harajuku Roll (Crispy Fried Oyster, Cucumber, Spicy mayo | Spicy Sriracha Sauce). Did I mention the sushi? Try it, it's really gSpecial Features:
- Ok but the Ants ... the Ants were rIrishtiggerVIPDined on 4/8/2013My wife loved her box of sorted Asian foods but my Cashew Chicken had no flavors. The service was very attentive but wasn't thrilled with the guests who kept taking our food. Ants -- hundreds of them crawled everywhere on the rise behind us. It was the reason we had our food boxed up and we left.
- I am a sushi snob, and didAmberBamberDined on 3/29/2013I am a sushi snob, and did not expect much from this. The sushi was amazing!!! Highly recommended and we'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Good neighborhood restaurant.Star13Dined on 3/8/2013Good neighborhood restaurant. Good food. A little too noisy for my taste but I like the food so I keep coming back. The service was a little slow too. It was packed so it's a good sign.Special Features:
- Middle if the day was a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/15/2013Middle if the day was a good choice, though our two fifteen reservation came just prior to the close after their lunch hour, meaning we had to rush a bit to get our order in. I have read that Tara gets noisy in the evening, and I can see how that could be, but for lunch, it was quiet, and the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- A great place for sushi and funBethVIPDined on 2/14/2013Tara Temple has some of the best sushi in Arlington. It is fresh and prepared very well. Also, their staff are wonderful -- friendly, capable, and experienced. We highly recommend Tara Temple for a night out.Special Features:
- Great Start for a Holiday WeekendOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2013We were trying to get the most out of Valetine's Weekend so we started with lunch at Tara Temple. There was a special menu for the occasion: First Course was Edamame with Prosecco, Second Course was "First Kiss" (wonton skin with chicken), Third Course was Panang Curry Salmon, Fourth Course was Berry Chocolate Ganache Cake. The Fifth Course wasn't on the menu, but it was most diffinately the service. We were both very please with the special menu food selections and the overall dinning experience.Special Features:
- Taste of ThaiOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/9/2013It's always difficult to give a 5 star rating to a restaurant after my one visit to the Tara Temple so take this rating with a grain of salt in knowing all I had was their yummy sushi, appetizer, entrée, desert and drinks and some more drinks. Okay so I ate a lot :) That being said, the Larb Gai was spicy-hit-you-in-your-side-throat delicious, fantastic. So, if you didn't know Larb Gai is like the kung pao of Chinese food or a right of passage into the world of Thai food. From the sashimi, spicy tuna rolls and the flavored-filled spicy extra garlic Beef Kapow, excellent. The restaurant in general is a very well-decorated fashioned kind of like a quasi asian-american-modern with a bar-esque area.Special Features:
- Service With a SmileOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/7/2013I like Thai food and I like sushi. The opportunity to find great Thai food and good sushi in the same restaurant is - truly a dining experience. Add in an eclectic atmosphere with easy access to the Ballston Metro and you're talking about Tara Temple Restaurant. If I just wanted food, I would shop at Whole Food and eat at home. I don't. I want service, as well as a variety of tasty, visually stimulating food selections. This may be anidotal but, the more colors on your plate the more likely that your giving your body what it needs. That's why Tara Temple is a neighborhood gem, worthy of repeat visits and a destination for meet-ups with friends. BTW - the servers and bartenders are so nice !!!Special Features:
- This was our first experience,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/5/2013This was our first experience, and maybe we should give it another chance, but it was disappointing. My wife ordered a glass of white wine based on their menu, but the waitress said that there were available just two. At 6:30 on Saturday night it sounded a little bit odd. Food was very good, but came after almost forty five minutes. The waitress apologized, but we did not expect to receive apologies because the kitchen was slow. Again, on a Saturday night. We ordered the dessert, but the waitress showed up after almost ten minutes to say that they ran out of mango. Again, on a Saturday night, at 7:30, sounds a little bit odd. Overall the experience was pretty good (really good food), but I would not recommend it to a friend.
- We went there after a movieOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/21/2012We went there after a movie and the food was very good. There is a good choice of Thai and Japanese food. The music is very loud and doesn't stop. The service was good but our waitress spoke very little English so we wrote our drink order on a piece of paper for her. It came back wrong but they did fix it immediately.Special Features:
- Asian with CharacterOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/20/2012Tara Temple is a really good neighborhood restaurant that has excellent sushi and many other types of asian food. The service and atmostphere is good. In the summer there is outdoor seating.Special Features:
- First time here and we willOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/15/2012First time here and we will be back. We had the duck spring roll, which was delicious and then the crabmeat and shrimp pad thai. Portions were ample and nicely prepared. We also had the vegetarian dish with basil and tofu which had an excellent flavor. The service was very attentive. The menu was very diverse and offered something for all tastes. Delicious!Special Features:
- Must try Tara TempleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012I have been going to Tara Temple since the open- food is wonderful and the service is amazing. I visit everytime I'm in town.Special Features:
- A group of us went there forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2012A group of us went there for a retirement luncheon. Making the reservation with Open Table was easy. The food was very good, service very good and everything was perfect. I would definitely recommend Tara Temple.Special Features: