4410 Main Street
Philadelphia, PA 19127Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.taqueriafeliz.com/
- Phone: 2673315874x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner daily at 4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Lucio Palazzo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: A vibrant restaurant where fresh food and drink are inspired by the flavors of Mexico. Taqueria Feliz is the perfect venue for all types of parties, celebrations, and corporate events. At Taqueria Feliz we will work with you to make your event special both on and off premises.
The menu, crafted by our Chefs, includes contemporary Mexican dishes using authentic ingredients and modern cooking techniques. Cantina Feliz uses only the finest seasonal ingredients and best purveyors to ensure excellence in our cuisine and cocktails.
A word from Taqueria Feliz
Taqueria Feliz blends a casual, vibrant setting with a passion for hospitality to create an exceptional, Mexican Taqueria experience. We take a contemporary approach to the way we do Mexican food with tacos and traditional Mexican dishes being the heart of our menu. Fresh, high-quality ingredients are the foundation to our transformation of the food we bring to your table. At Taqueria Feliz, we pledge to serve you only the best.Continued
*Please visit our other restaurants Cantina Feliz and La Calaca Feliz*
*Please visit our other restaurants Cantina Feliz and La Calaca Feliz*
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Taqueria Feliz - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Taqueria Feliz reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (33)hot spot (25)great for outdoor dining (22)vibrant bar scene (20)good for groups (19)special occasion (10)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)scenic view (3)romantic (3)Show More
- Great Bday!!anni2013Dined on 10/16/2014This is my wife's favorite restaurant so we when here. They were nothing but perfect. We has the best time, and the staff was amazing!! The sopes were a special which were unbelievable, tacos were great, and same for the enchiladas de polloSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time, I'd go back!caitDined on 10/9/2014everything was really great. The decoration is really cool and the food is good. The chicken tortilla soup was very good, I'd go back just for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was greatKellyDined on 10/5/2014The food was awesome and authentic. I liked the decor of the place very much. But we came for dinner and it was SO dark where we were sitting! I could barely see (and I'm 24, not 84). Also don't like having to sit very close to other tables, which is what the seating is like here. And our waitress, while not rude, was much more friendly and personable with the tables around us than us.... And I know for sure because we were so damn close! And she never brought the chips and salsa she asked us if we wanted (we said yes), but brought the other two tables. We were really hoping for a seller experience since it was our anniversary dinner. We had their restaurant week selections and they were awesome. Also the food runner was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best In ManayunkOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/29/2014Easily the best restaurant I've been to in Manayunk. Great food and great drinks.Special Features:
- Delicious Margaritas & Tacos!RWolkDined on 9/26/2014I've visited this restaurant on several occasions, and it just gets better and better! I love the pork carnitas tacos and the house margarita. Also, the guac is a little pricey (it is everywhere) but is delicious and definitely worth the splurge!Special Features:
- fun environment - creative menuRalphBubbVIPDined on 9/21/2014consistently good eats, best Mexican in the hood. Lots of vegetarian options.Special Features:
- Overall ve goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/19/2014Pros: Excellent soft, round tacos. Traditional Mexican style. I had the mushroom which was fabulous. My friend had chicken which she said was great. My friend thought the guacamole was excellent. I found it bland. Cons: It is really, really loud The chips that come with the quac and salsa aren't good AT ALL. Bland, no salt, just blah. Given how good the tacos are, it's just strange. The only salad choice was a kale salad. I love a great green salad, like the one at El Vez.
- Fantastic NachosSeaprincessDined on 9/19/2014I've been here six times now, and every time I've ordered the nachos. They're amazing- great portion for the price, great flavors and textures, super filling- and they even add sliced radishes on top!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as always!WyleVIPDined on 9/13/2014The Feliz group of restaurants meet let me down. I have been to all three now and the La Calaca location was my favorite until we arrived at the Taqueria Feliz location on Main Street in Manayunk. These two locations take the food to another level, now I don't have a favorite anymore, I will go to either one whenever I am in their neighborhoods! Favorite dishes are as follows: Kale Salad, fish tacos, carnitas tacos, plantains and beans and rice. You must go here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!Aae5042VIPDined on 8/30/2014All the food (+ margaritas!) was delicious. The lamb heart skewers are definitely something adventurous to try that won't disappoint. My only complaint about my tacos is that they were REALLY spicy- but the flavors were still great. Next time I'll ask about spice level before I order. Overall, excellent taqueria!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Manayunk SpotAllanDined on 8/29/2014I have lived in the Manayunk and Roxborough neighborhoods for the last three years and the addition of Taqueria Feliz has been one of the best things to happen to the area. I love the restaurant and the margaritas and authentic fare are great (I generally don't even like margaritas that much). This is one of the first restaurants I recommend to friends who come to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- increased pricesJEMilyDined on 8/16/2014Went there last weekend and had a great time but noticed the menu prices had increased since last I went. Disappointed in that. Love the lamb heart skewers but the ceviche was not the greatest.Special Features:
- Trendy with PotentialeatoutalotDined on 8/9/2014The food is prepared fresh as advertised which a cut above most Mexican eateries.The Queso Fundido appetizer, despite containing fresh peppers (which warranted an advisory from our server) was not at all spicy, although the dish was tasty. The chicken enchiladas were quite good. They were large and firm, with a sauce that tasted of fresh tomatoes. Unfortunately the Pork al Pastor tacos were not as successful. The meat was dry which was not how they are intended. The service was variable. Our server was a bit over-attentive, but took the tacos off the bill. Our entrees were quite slow to come out; we didn't need to hear the kitchen got a lot of tickets all at once. A prepared kitchen should be ready, and I have seen this place way busier.Special Features:
- Great placeRoxygal100VIPDined on 8/9/2014We meet friends often in Manayunk for dinner. We decided to check out Taqueria Feliz. The decor is funky and fun! We started at the bar. The bartenders were great with their suggestions. Margaritas were out of this world! I had the lamb tacos which were delicious. The guys had the fish tacos and devoured them quickly. My friend had the vegetarian gordita special. All of the meals were fabulous as well as the side dishes. Service was quick and attentive. A wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Family GroupOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Definately needed our reservation for our table for seven. We had a blast with good food and great service. I would recommend the nachos to start. We devoured two orders. I tasted all varieties of tacos, and would recommend the fish and the brisket! Margueritas for all. We will be back.Special Features:
- Real Mexican FoodJoanDined on 8/3/2014Delicious. If you are gluten free, this is the place for you because there are scrumptious choices and knowledgable wait staff. The others who are not loved it just as much. I loved my fish Tacos made with corn tacos. I had one fried and one grilled. MMMMMMMMMM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but noisyCqcaseyDined on 7/31/2014My boyfriend and I often come here for the margaritas and the excellent Mexican food. I just wish it weren't so loud! We often find ourselves having to yell across the table to each other. And the last time we were there they were clearly understaffed. Our waitress was lovely but she was constantly running around so we had to wait 20 minutes to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RLJsMomDined on 7/31/2014Went with my husband and two children for a celebratory dinner. Made a reservation the same day and seated right away. The restaurant is colorful, bright, small, but feels bigger. Nice bar area, outdoor seating, nice size tables not too close together. We ordered the fish tacos (grilled), the pork carnitas and the grilled pork tacos and one of the enchilada entrees. We ate in silence for several minutes because the food was so good. Not a bit left on our plates. Our waitress was attentive and quick and our drinks arrived quickly and we always had water refilled. Great food, great service, great dinner. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feliz diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014Although the noise level was a distraction, our server was gracious and generous with her time to create a satisfying visit. We shared three delicious salads, kale, watermelon, and the heirloom tomato. We all agreed that the salads alone were enough for a return visit. Then we added the wonderful cocktails and tacos to our return list. This was a fun evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic EveningMEJHVIPDined on 7/18/2014I can eat here any night of the week, because the food is fantastic. The service is usually good, even when they are busy. This time it was even better....we were seated by two loud children, and a server must have seen my face, because she approached us and asked if we'd like to move before I asked. Thank you to that server for saving our dining experience...and my hearing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I liked it!kindafoodieDined on 7/11/2014I enjoyed this restaurant; food was great, margaritas wonderful! My only dislike was the lighting…to dark to read the menu!Special Features:
- DeliciousCB12Dined on 7/11/2014We went here for dinner and we were able to sit outside, which was especially nice because the inside was so loud! However, any place that is creative enough to come up with cauliflower tacos already impresses me. They were DELICIOUS! So much so I could eat them often. Others with me got mahi tacos and steak tacos. All were very pleased with their meals. Delicious red sangria and a good beer selection. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going the extra mileblendedlibDined on 7/5/2014Not only was the meal and service good, but they were glad to offer a replacement salad for one that was spicy. A bit disappointed they took that hot dog appetizer off the menu, but our server said they could probably whip it up for us - and they did. That's going the extra mile.Special Features:
- Had to try itOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/4/2014We've been to La Calaca Feliz, and La Cantina Feliz (same owners) and liked them, so had to try this. We had fun. The menu was mostly tacos, but they were good, presented in an interesting way, and fun. We tried the tacos de chapulines (grasshoppers), which was not to my taste, but it was fun to say I had tried it. The service was excellent. The restaurant was just slightly over-airconditioned for us, but we didn't notice after being there for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomemeggkavDined on 7/1/2014One of our favorite spots! Awesome food and drinks. Made for a fun 21st birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live up to previous reviewsNotallR4sVIPDined on 7/1/2014Great food -- good salsas, nice selection of tacos. But, if you want to talk with the members of your party, opt for outside. We'll go back but within it's on the two of us and we can sit at the bar and hopefully hear each other!Special Features:
- The following 74 reviews are from the Taqueria Feliz reviews archive.
- Hotspot in ManayunkOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Taqueria feliz lived up to it's name. we left happy with our stomachs full of delicious authentic Mexican cuisine - the pork carnitas and chicken tinga were highlights! Definitely recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the bestEastgateVIPDined on 6/19/2014Nachos were good, drinks just okay. Waitress brought out the wrong drink before I sent it back. Attentive but then disappeared when we needed to ask for the check. Manager was overly friendly but nice.Special Features:
- Excellent TacosJimCVIPDined on 6/7/2014I've been here a few times. Both times had tacos - First time - the fish tacos - their specialty, second time based on the waitress's recommendation I had the brisket tacos. I was not disappointed. They may have been better that the fish tacos. All in all - fun and good food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Great food and service! We made a reservation for 4, but we showed up to the restaurant with 5 people, they were very accomodating and sat us quickly. The food was amazing, and the drinks were delicious!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/31/2014Awesome spot for brunch or dinner. Food is rediculously good and the bloody Maria's are a must try.Special Features:
- Fab foodHappyDinerDined on 5/28/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Tacqueria Feliz. The servers were so nice and the food was excellent! Standouts include the fish tacos and loaded chips. Several of our group ordered vegetarian dishes; the cauliflower tacos were outstanding. The drinks were also quite tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY HAPPY at Taqueria Feliz!!mermax127VIPDined on 5/25/2014I cannot say enough great things about Taqueria Feliz. We LOVE the tacos here... tried some new ones, the mushroom was great.... Service & ambiance wonderful... Nice wine & beer list, we had a great evening. We have eaten here a few times & it is always great... they are very attentive. We will return again & again! Also love La Calaca Feliz!! GREAT tacos!Special Features:
- Enjoyed Taqueria Feliz!!!samsonVIPDined on 5/24/2014I requested an outdoor seat and was given a one on this beautiful night. That was a good start, as the restaurant does get rather loud indoors. We enjoyed the nachos immensely. The order is huge and with the brisket topping and all the rest of the toppings layered on and freshly prepared, it was excellent. a meal by itself! The fish tacos were delicious. The chicken skin tacos were very tasty (although I felt guilty eating them at my age) and the watermelon salad, which was also very delicious. Overall, my wife and I were very happy with our dinner!It is much more casual that Cantina Feliz in Fort Washington, which we also enjoy much!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/9/2014Great food! Bar and restaurant is a bit small and crowded but it's to be expected in Manayunk. Our server and food was great and delicious and we didn't have a long wait for anything. Definitely recommend the jalapeño margarita.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring your ear plugsTbizzlesDined on 5/9/2014Great food, good tequila, good chance of leaving with a headache. It's very loud if you are seated in the main dining area. If possible ask to be seated in the from room or outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flowers13VIPDined on 5/6/2014For me I think it was too noisey! Hard to communicate with my friend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable mealcuffthisVIPDined on 5/6/2014This was my GF and my first visit to Taqueria Feliz and we were impressed. The decor was fun and inviting. Our server was friendly and knew the menu very, very well. The food was tasty and nicely seasoned. The lamb tacos were the star of the night, delicious to the point that we were both reaching for them at the same time. The price points were very reasonable, with dinner for 2, including two drinks each, coming in at only $51 (before tip). We are already planning our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cauliflower Tacos!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/5/2014Super fresh, vegan/vegetarian friendly, decent prices, lively, fun, all around a great place! Cauliflower tacos are delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/2/2014We had the blueberry maragaritas and they were awesome! They were not too sweet and not over powering! Totally recommend those! The food was amazing, some of the best Mexican we have had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.