TAPS Fish House & Brewery
101 E. Imperial Hwy.
Brea, CA 92821Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
TAPS Fish House & Brewery
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tapsfishhouse.com/
- Phone: 7142570101
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday, 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday 11:30am - 4:00pm. Dinner: Daily, 4:00pm - 10:00pm. Brunch: Sunday, 9:30am - 2:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Manuel Gonzalez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Two private rooms, one for 50 guests, one for 65 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Burney 7142570101
- Entertainment: Sunday Brunch Extravaganza: 9:30am - 2:00pm
A word from TAPS Fish House & Brewery
At TAPS, our eclectic, award-winning menu blends together the flavors of France, Asia and New Orleans in a celebration of fresh seafood, U.S. Choice steaks and thick chops. Our decadent desserts prepared on premise by our Executive Chef Manuel Gonzalez are a perfect way to conclude your evening. TAPS offers a 21-seat oyster bar, an incredible lounge, an 80 square foot big screen TV, four fireplaces, banquet seating for 20-500 people and a cigar friendly heated patio. Enjoy Brewmaster Victor Novak's award-winning handcrafted European ales and lagers, or enjoy our wine list honored by Wine Spectator. Whether you’re joining us for our incredible Sunday Jazz Brunch Extravaganza, popular happy hour,or a wonderful lunch or dinner we are sure you will agree that TAPS FISH HOUSE & BREWERY is on the cutting edge of dining. Click here (http://www.zagat.com/verticals/PropertyDetails.aspx?VID=8&R=49748) to view us on Zagat.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
TAPS Fish House & Brewery - Best Restaurants in Brea ›
TAPS Fish House & Brewery reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)fit for foodies (44)neighborhood gem (41)great for brunch (40)good for groups (40)romantic (30)vibrant bar scene (29)great for lunch (28)notable wine list (25)hot spot (22)great for outdoor dining (21)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (8)scenic view (2)Show More
- Meatball Sliders!Timfin2VIPDined on 10/20/2014The Happy Hour Meatball Sliders are the best! Accompanied with $5 house-brewed craft beers and the largest TV in North Orange County, Monday Night Football has never been better! We love Taps for for lunch, brunch and special occasion dinner. We also love Taps in Corona and sister restaurant The Catxh in Anaheim.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesomeness!JennieDined on 10/18/2014Great atmosphere, service, and good food! All around awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WencyDined on 10/15/2014Food below par...time to receive it way too long...one in our party received the wrong pork chop meal...his had veg's with it...sent it back and the rest of us were done eating by the time his meal arrived...they should have comp'ed it at the very least...well drinks weren't very good...a usually great restaurant...hope it's not slipping...Special Features:
- Bright Brunch OptionsVarietyDined on 10/12/2014If you want to spend a casual Sunday talking with good friends and family without having to cook, I recommend TAPS Fish House & Brewery. A wide selection of foods to choose from and especially if some of your party are Vegans! The service is wonderful from the Servers to the Chefs who come over to your table to see if you really do like the food, which I find adds credibility to the restaurant as they want to know that you are comfortable and that the food tastes good. Dining at TAPS for Sunday brunch is time well spent...you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Birthday Sunday BrunchNoneDined on 10/5/2014I bought my wife Blake Shelton tickets back in June for his October 5 concert. I told her we'd get a room near the concert and go to brunch. Sadly, nothing was available out that way, so I remembered Taps does Sunday brunch! What a amazing time we had; very good quality food; much better than most. They even have a side menu where you can order small portion omelettes cooked back in the kitchen and brought to your table super quick. I had a corned beef hash with fried egg that was still sizzling in the little mini cast iron skillet they cooked it in; talk about fresh and hot! Don't forget the Bananas Foster also; too good to miss. For $36 a person this is one the best Sunday brunches you'll find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in a very nice settingHBGalVIPDined on 10/2/2014Had lunch with a girlfriend. We both enjoyed our meals. Great service...all of our special requests were accommodated precisely.
- The most amazing brunch!ElfmamaDined on 9/28/2014This is truly a brunch that will astound. Everything imaginable is on this buffet - and things I never imagined. Having egg and milk allergies, brunch is not usually something I enjoy. This had a few of the egg-y and dairy breakfast things, but soooo much more - I didn't feel like I had to settle or pick out the two things that I could eat! Loved it, and we'll be back!Special Features:
- Excellent Service and FoodSteakLoverVIPDined on 9/22/2014The oysters are some of the best ever because you can have them raw or broiled with cheese and other little things. The Swordfish and Salmon was great as well. I like how they brought out a little fruit and veggie plate for my 2 1/2 year old daughter before we even ordered which helped keep her calm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastictap23Dined on 9/21/2014A good array of food and a very friendly staff. I am never disappointed by the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014I went to TAPS for the first time for my birthday and I had a excellent experience. The food and service were both great. The prices were on the high end for our budget, but I would definitely come back for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- John Dory!CarolTVIPDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I usually visit Taps at christmas time. Going late September was a less-rushed quieter experiance. We were thrilled to find that the special for the evening was John Dory fish - so hard to find. It was grilled perfectly and the side dishes were excellent. The waiter was very attentive and open/friendly - a very nice experience!Special Features:
- Great food, pricyGloStikDined on 9/19/2014It's a bit on the expensive side, with the low-end items being around $25 and the great stuff being closer to $40. The fish is delicious and well prepared and the choices are plentiful. This visit I had the "Wharf" stew. (they had a better name for it, something Italian that started with a C) It was a little shy on the good fish, but there was plenty of it overall.Special Features:
- DateNightMomMamaonvacayDined on 9/13/2014Great food, service, etc. I highly recommend the miso marinated sea bass!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Had a delicious dinner and can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great deserts and beerfood4dinnerDined on 9/12/2014NICE beer selection, the desert menu made me with I had skipped dinner. the Miso seabass was excellent, the other fish at the table a little dry, the steak also top notch -- go for the chocolate souffleI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but pricy, foody preciousRopetrickDined on 9/7/2014Food was good, service was ok but a little forced, like the server had a sales quota. I thought this was a brew pub, but they charge like a dinner house. 29 bucks for farm raised atlantic salmon is a little on the steep side IMHO. Drinkable wine starts at 11 a glass, though they offer a 7 dollar house wine that is to be avoided according to our server. The receptionist was very welcoming and made a big deal over my 92 year old mother. Thank You. It's also very noisy, which is fine if you like an energetic atmosphere. I guess I'm just old school--I miss Dal Rae.Special Features:
- Great brunch buffet in OCChenVIPDined on 9/7/2014Went there last Sunday with my friends. A lot of food, oyster/beef/salad/sandwich/salmon/Chocolate fountain. Will come back again.Special Features:
- Service and food was excellentRunamokusDined on 8/30/2014The service was wonderful. We had eaten there before and the waitress not only remembered us but also remembered where we sat the last time we were here. I had the Yellowtail with garlic mashed potatoes and it was delicious. I also was able to taste by brother's lobster tail and my nephew's steak and both of those were excellent. All in all I would recommend this place highly.Special Features:
- Medic44Dined on 8/9/2014Excellent food. Excellent service. Affordable prices. Great place to take a date..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellet service.GreatDined on 8/8/2014Everything was great from the menu to the dessert. Waiter, can not recall his name was excellent and always made sure if we needed anything. One of the best waiters I have come across.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversay dinnertarheelfobDined on 8/5/2014We had our 9th wedding anniversary at Taps. I had made mentions of it in my reservation. Food was excellent as was the service. To our surprise, after they collected our plate wares, they brought out to us a creme brulee with "Happy Anniversary" written on the plate in dark chocolate. It was not expected but completely appreciated. We hear the brunch is ridiculously good so we look forward to trying that soon!Special Features:
- Going Back is a MustLenaDined on 8/3/2014Had a long overdue Sunday Brunch, every thing was absolutely exquisite.... I will definitely go back for the Brunch & More.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eats at Brea micro-breweryFrankDined on 8/1/2014Exceptional service, varied menu and great food preparation. Was very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Brea!RickintheocDined on 7/30/2014Brea is not a large city, but if you are looking for fine dining, Taps is the place. The food and service is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014The steak was I ordered was about $50 and it was extremely tough. And we ordered 2 of them. One of them was tougher then the other. Not a recommendation for steak at all. Allthough the soups and complimentary bread was great I dont think I will be going back there.
- TAPS remains tops in BreaTexasJimmyDined on 7/28/2014Two people out for dinner on a Monday night. We were seated at a table for two, you know, one of those too small for the stuff we are going to order tables. I wish we could have scored a booth. Our waitress was superb. Timely service, helpful suggestions -- terrific. TAPS does have an Oyster Bar if you haven't been there yet. I"ll give you a quick run-through -- Oysters Rockefeller with champagne, house salad, lobster bisque, Chilean Sea Bass, Macadamia Nut-crusted Sea Bass, Heitz Cellars Cab.......great dessert. TAPS has great white wines, I'm a Heitz fanatic. The bar area was cookin' when we left. If you haven't eaten here, you must !!! Steaks, chicken, lobster, even fish and chips. Bring a little extra cash $$$ - $$$$.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TAP BRUNCHAudreyDined on 7/20/2014This was my first time coming to Taps brunch. I had a reservation, checked in and 5 minutes later was seat. After my boyfriend and I got seated the waiter Luis greeted us, and he asked us if we had been to brunch before and we said no. Explained the menu and how the brunch worked out, which was super helpful. Took our drink order and we went to the brunch stands. I was truly amazed from the presentation and selection they had. A little overwhelming, but a good thing. All the food was great, hot items hot and cold items cold. Every time we left the table we would come back to clean silverware and folded napkins. Luis was very attentive and nice. Overall, very impressed with quality and ambience. I would definitely return and recommend.Special Features:
- Good restaurant bad hostessButterfly69Dined on 7/12/2014Great food good service , food was cook right, great ambiance , inviting and cozy, my servers was nice and knowledge of the menu. Expect for the one girl At reception, the expirience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeekDined on 7/11/2014Great variety on the menu, food was outstanding, service was even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/27/2014We always have memorable and wonderful dining experiences at TAPS. We asked our amazing server, Kari for a craft beer recommendation. She was very knowledgeable, created a taste flight for us and surprised us with a table side visit from the brewmaster.Special Features:
- The following 917 reviews are from the TAPS Fish House & Brewery reviews archive.
- OutoftownDinerDined on 6/21/2014We went to Taps because we had been there before. We are from out of town so it is nice to find a local spot you can feel at home. When we arrived the suggested table was right by the kitchen entrance and we asked to be moved to avoid the traffic which they did. We were then seated at table 141 which we had been seated at on previous visits. Marshal was our server and he was attentive and very helpful. As always the food was delicious and well presented. Also as usual we had to take some home is the portions were more than adequate. We enjoyed the background music but we still could hold a conversation. We like this place a lot and definitely will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit Priceytw3retireeDined on 6/19/2014I went here with a party of three and we all ordered seafood, which was excellent. Price was a little high for the location and what the competition offers. They offer a good selection of adult beverages. Limited parking requires a lucky break or valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSuzsReviewDined on 6/19/2014The service and food were fabulous. Thoroughly enjoyed our evening.Special Features:
- Lunch at TapsBonesDined on 6/18/2014Very nice restaurant. The wait staff were also pleasant, without being too much so. Food was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pukapukaDined on 6/14/2014There was a large party next to us and because of that it slowed service down, but our waiter continuously apologized for the delay and kept us informed on the status of our food.Special Features:
- Best Brunch in Orange CountyfoodiefloydDined on 6/8/2014For a special occasion or just to get out, Taps is the place for the best brunch in Orange County. Too many selections and the service is great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdaysunnyDined on 6/7/2014We had a great dinner at Taps the lobster tail was the best we have had. The place was busy and many celebrations were going on. Love the food Will return for our next birthday event.Special Features:
- An OK placeRetiredoldtimerDined on 5/31/2014A nice neighborhood place for that special occasion but lost trying to be a place for everyone. Maybe a bit too costly for an everyday place but not quite at the 'special place' level. Way too noisy for romantic but energy is good. Taps is a popular place, try it out for yourself. Good for group events (outside and inside). Sun hits patio pretty hard during the day and you are sitting right next to main traffic flow, so choose seating wisely. Service was polite and professional buy hurried due to crowd. Seating is packed and not very relaxing or intimate so forget the romantic evening. This is a quick turnover place with high volume, wine list is fine for most of us and they have their own beer, that's fine, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- favorite restaurantenglishdinerDined on 5/30/2014TAPS never fails to delight me. Eccellent beer brewed on the premises...a must try. And the charbroiled oysters are heaven on a plate. Great mix of high end eating ootions and more common ones..fish and chips are tye best in town. Every time I leave I am already eager to return.Special Features:
- fish selectionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014You fish selections were awesome! I had the sea bass - I ended up sharing it and I was so glad I did. The only "complaint" I would have was that when our waiter suggested that IF we were thinking about dessert there were two selections that would take longer to cook. He suggested that if we were interested in either we order it now. IN hindsight, I would have also liked to see the dessert menu to make a choice. Thus, not being limited to the two options. He knew this was our first time as that was a question he asked on the onset.Special Features: