TAPS Fish House & Brewery
101 E. Imperial Hwy.
Brea, CA 92821Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
TAPS Fish House & Brewery
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tapsfishhouse.com/
- Phone: 7142570101
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday, 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday 11:30am - 4:00pm. Dinner: Daily, 4:00pm - 10:00pm. Brunch: Sunday, 9:30am - 2:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Manuel Gonzalez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Two private rooms, one for 50 guests, one for 65 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Burney 7142570101
- Entertainment: Sunday Brunch Extravaganza: 9:30am - 2:00pm
A word from TAPS Fish House & Brewery
At TAPS, our eclectic, award-winning menu blends together the flavors of France, Asia and New Orleans in a celebration of fresh seafood, U.S. Choice steaks and thick chops. Our decadent desserts prepared on premise by our Executive Chef Manuel Gonzalez are a perfect way to conclude your evening. TAPS offers a 21-seat oyster bar, an incredible lounge, an 80 square foot big screen TV, four fireplaces, banquet seating for 20-500 people and a cigar friendly heated patio. Enjoy Brewmaster Victor Novak's award-winning handcrafted European ales and lagers, or enjoy our wine list honored by Wine Spectator. Whether you’re joining us for our incredible Sunday Jazz Brunch Extravaganza, popular happy hour,or a wonderful lunch or dinner we are sure you will agree that TAPS FISH HOUSE & BREWERY is on the cutting edge of dining. Click here (http://www.zagat.com/verticals/PropertyDetails.aspx?VID=8&R=49748) to view us on Zagat.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
TAPS Fish House & Brewery - Best Restaurants in Brea ›
TAPS Fish House & Brewery reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (63)fit for foodies (37)great for brunch (35)good for groups (34)romantic (31)neighborhood gem (31)great for lunch (28)notable wine list (23)vibrant bar scene (21)great for outdoor dining (20)hot spot (17)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (10)scenic view (2)Show More
- DateNightMomMamaonvacayDined on 9/13/2014Great food, service, etc. I highly recommend the miso marinated sea bass!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Had a delicious dinner and can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great deserts and beerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014NICE beer selection, the desert menu made me with I had skipped dinner. the Miso seabass was excellent, the other fish at the table a little dry, the steak also top notch -- go for the chocolate souffleI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but pricy, foody preciousRopetrickDined on 9/7/2014Food was good, service was ok but a little forced, like the server had a sales quota. I thought this was a brew pub, but they charge like a dinner house. 29 bucks for farm raised atlantic salmon is a little on the steep side IMHO. Drinkable wine starts at 11 a glass, though they offer a 7 dollar house wine that is to be avoided according to our server. The receptionist was very welcoming and made a big deal over my 92 year old mother. Thank You. It's also very noisy, which is fine if you like an energetic atmosphere. I guess I'm just old school--I miss Dal Rae.Special Features:
- Great brunch buffet in OCChenVIPDined on 9/7/2014Went there last Sunday with my friends. A lot of food, oyster/beef/salad/sandwich/salmon/Chocolate fountain. Will come back again.Special Features:
- Service and food was excellentRunamokusDined on 8/30/2014The service was wonderful. We had eaten there before and the waitress not only remembered us but also remembered where we sat the last time we were here. I had the Yellowtail with garlic mashed potatoes and it was delicious. I also was able to taste by brother's lobster tail and my nephew's steak and both of those were excellent. All in all I would recommend this place highly.Special Features:
- Medic44Dined on 8/9/2014Excellent food. Excellent service. Affordable prices. Great place to take a date..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellet service.GreatDined on 8/8/2014Everything was great from the menu to the dessert. Waiter, can not recall his name was excellent and always made sure if we needed anything. One of the best waiters I have come across.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversay dinnertarheelfobDined on 8/5/2014We had our 9th wedding anniversary at Taps. I had made mentions of it in my reservation. Food was excellent as was the service. To our surprise, after they collected our plate wares, they brought out to us a creme brulee with "Happy Anniversary" written on the plate in dark chocolate. It was not expected but completely appreciated. We hear the brunch is ridiculously good so we look forward to trying that soon!Special Features:
- Going Back is a MustLenaDined on 8/3/2014Had a long overdue Sunday Brunch, every thing was absolutely exquisite.... I will definitely go back for the Brunch & More.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eats at Brea micro-breweryFrankDined on 8/1/2014Exceptional service, varied menu and great food preparation. Was very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Brea!RickintheocDined on 7/30/2014Brea is not a large city, but if you are looking for fine dining, Taps is the place. The food and service is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014The steak was I ordered was about $50 and it was extremely tough. And we ordered 2 of them. One of them was tougher then the other. Not a recommendation for steak at all. Allthough the soups and complimentary bread was great I dont think I will be going back there.
- TAPS remains tops in BreaTexasJimmyDined on 7/28/2014Two people out for dinner on a Monday night. We were seated at a table for two, you know, one of those too small for the stuff we are going to order tables. I wish we could have scored a booth. Our waitress was superb. Timely service, helpful suggestions -- terrific. TAPS does have an Oyster Bar if you haven't been there yet. I"ll give you a quick run-through -- Oysters Rockefeller with champagne, house salad, lobster bisque, Chilean Sea Bass, Macadamia Nut-crusted Sea Bass, Heitz Cellars Cab.......great dessert. TAPS has great white wines, I'm a Heitz fanatic. The bar area was cookin' when we left. If you haven't eaten here, you must !!! Steaks, chicken, lobster, even fish and chips. Bring a little extra cash $$$ - $$$$.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TAP BRUNCHAudreyDined on 7/20/2014This was my first time coming to Taps brunch. I had a reservation, checked in and 5 minutes later was seat. After my boyfriend and I got seated the waiter Luis greeted us, and he asked us if we had been to brunch before and we said no. Explained the menu and how the brunch worked out, which was super helpful. Took our drink order and we went to the brunch stands. I was truly amazed from the presentation and selection they had. A little overwhelming, but a good thing. All the food was great, hot items hot and cold items cold. Every time we left the table we would come back to clean silverware and folded napkins. Luis was very attentive and nice. Overall, very impressed with quality and ambience. I would definitely return and recommend.Special Features:
- Good restaurant bad hostessButterfly69Dined on 7/12/2014Great food good service , food was cook right, great ambiance , inviting and cozy, my servers was nice and knowledge of the menu. Expect for the one girl At reception, the expirience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeekDined on 7/11/2014Great variety on the menu, food was outstanding, service was even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/27/2014We always have memorable and wonderful dining experiences at TAPS. We asked our amazing server, Kari for a craft beer recommendation. She was very knowledgeable, created a taste flight for us and surprised us with a table side visit from the brewmaster.Special Features:
- OutoftownDinerDined on 6/21/2014We went to Taps because we had been there before. We are from out of town so it is nice to find a local spot you can feel at home. When we arrived the suggested table was right by the kitchen entrance and we asked to be moved to avoid the traffic which they did. We were then seated at table 141 which we had been seated at on previous visits. Marshal was our server and he was attentive and very helpful. As always the food was delicious and well presented. Also as usual we had to take some home is the portions were more than adequate. We enjoyed the background music but we still could hold a conversation. We like this place a lot and definitely will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit Priceytw3retireeDined on 6/19/2014I went here with a party of three and we all ordered seafood, which was excellent. Price was a little high for the location and what the competition offers. They offer a good selection of adult beverages. Limited parking requires a lucky break or valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/19/2014The service and food were fabulous. Thoroughly enjoyed our evening.Special Features:
- Lunch at TapsBonesDined on 6/18/2014Very nice restaurant. The wait staff were also pleasant, without being too much so. Food was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pukapukaDined on 6/14/2014There was a large party next to us and because of that it slowed service down, but our waiter continuously apologized for the delay and kept us informed on the status of our food.Special Features:
- Best Brunch in Orange CountyfoodiefloydDined on 6/8/2014For a special occasion or just to get out, Taps is the place for the best brunch in Orange County. Too many selections and the service is great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdaysunnyDined on 6/7/2014We had a great dinner at Taps the lobster tail was the best we have had. The place was busy and many celebrations were going on. Love the food Will return for our next birthday event.Special Features:
- An OK placeRetiredoldtimerDined on 5/31/2014A nice neighborhood place for that special occasion but lost trying to be a place for everyone. Maybe a bit too costly for an everyday place but not quite at the 'special place' level. Way too noisy for romantic but energy is good. Taps is a popular place, try it out for yourself. Good for group events (outside and inside). Sun hits patio pretty hard during the day and you are sitting right next to main traffic flow, so choose seating wisely. Service was polite and professional buy hurried due to crowd. Seating is packed and not very relaxing or intimate so forget the romantic evening. This is a quick turnover place with high volume, wine list is fine for most of us and they have their own beer, that's fine, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- favorite restaurantenglishdinerDined on 5/30/2014TAPS never fails to delight me. Eccellent beer brewed on the premises...a must try. And the charbroiled oysters are heaven on a plate. Great mix of high end eating ootions and more common ones..fish and chips are tye best in town. Every time I leave I am already eager to return.Special Features:
- fish selectionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014You fish selections were awesome! I had the sea bass - I ended up sharing it and I was so glad I did. The only "complaint" I would have was that when our waiter suggested that IF we were thinking about dessert there were two selections that would take longer to cook. He suggested that if we were interested in either we order it now. IN hindsight, I would have also liked to see the dessert menu to make a choice. Thus, not being limited to the two options. He knew this was our first time as that was a question he asked on the onset.Special Features:
- Taps BreathebigeaterDined on 5/29/2014This is the type of restaruant that can and will sneak up an suprise you. The building itself is breathtaking inside. We got there early. Sat in the bar with regulars and newbees like us. Our waitress was very knowledgeable about the hand crafted beers and their wine selection. When we were seated for dinner, our waitress took us through the entire menu. All of her suggestions were spot on! The manager came by twice to see how our evening was going. He even gave us his card and said when we came back to shoot him an email and they would be ready for us. We will go back if not only to try the rest of the menu but also the beers. Great time for wife's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very happyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/27/2014Greatv food, great service, waiters friendly and respectful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taps never disappoints!CarolDined on 5/24/2014As always, Taps is a great place to eat, especially with friends. While a little noisy, you can still have a decent conversation without too much trouble! We remain frequent flyers to Taps!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/24/2014From the moment we sat, we had the best service and the food was fantastic! We have dined at several fine dining restaurants but have never received the attention we received at TAPS. Our waitress was Kelly and she was friendly and appeared to really love her job. The other waiters and waitresses were all very polite and wanted to give everyone the best service. We didn't wait long for our food and it was excellent; made to perfection! Loved the selection of the 3 course pre-fixe menu. We thought it would be of smaller portion and was pleasantly surprised that it was their regular portion. The creme brulee for dessert was out of this world. We were all surprised that it was actually prepared at our table & we were all mesmerized. Topnotch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great For date night!CarolTVIPDined on 5/24/2014Food was excellent as always - did change their menu a bit. Service was excellent and friendly not stuffy. Got a location right by the fireplace very nice. Wine list is great and of course they are a brewery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/23/2014Excellent place to eat and ambiance is perfect. Always enjoy going to TAPsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, good atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/21/2014Been here several times now, and in the last experience we received better than I remember service from our waitress. Some of the dishes are priced a bit high for what they are, and a few more menu items for variety wouldn't hurt.Special Features:
- The following 900 reviews are from the TAPS Fish House & Brewery reviews archive.
- Jessica from this Sunday 05/18/2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Jessica was very welcoming and was also very on the spot with the bottomless mimosas. She is awesome. I will ask for her every time I return to Taps.Special Features:
- Not good at all!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/10/2014Steak was tough and did not taste good. Fried chicken was average. Sea Bass was gross. Service was terrible. Not a good experience at all. Brunch is good the only thing that is good here.Special Features:
- Mother's Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2014Great service, knowledgeable waiter, fun experience.Special Features:
- Go-to BrunchSallystDined on 5/4/2014TAPS is our go-to for special occasion brunch in OC. Great variety of food, service is impeccable. Staff was very polite and attentive to our needs throughout our meal. Hot foods were hot, cold was cold. Only complaint was the bread(s) near the olives/salami/cheeses. Hard; didn't seem fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sea bass disappointedPamLVIPDined on 5/3/2014I have always loved Taps. But not this time. It had been awhile since we had gone so decided to have a late dinner after a Ducks game. The sea bass has always been a big time fave. A little overpriced but worth it. This time it was greasy and mushy and the rice was gooey. They also stuck us in a side room and didn't care for that. We will continue to go to Taps but have to say I was disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.