TAPS Fish House & Brewery - Dos Lagos
2745 Lakeshore Drive
Corona, CA 92883Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
TAPS Fish House & Brewery - Dos Lagos
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tapsfishhouse.com/
- Phone: (951) 277-5800
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour: Sunday-Friday 3:00PM-7:00PM & Saturday 12:00PM-5:00PM Lunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday 4:00PM-10:00PM; Saturday 12:00PM-10:00PM; Sunday 3:30PM-9:00PM; Sunday Brunch Extravaganza: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Brewery
- Executive Chef: John Vega
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Gourmet Express - Let TAPS turn your personal or business function into an affair to remember. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Five Private Rooms: Tasting Room - 8 PPL Mezzanine - 20 PPL Terrace - 30 PPL Heritage Room - 70 PPL Lakeside Patio - 100 PPL
- Private Party Contact: Genevieve Worthington 9512770402
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment Friday evenings 7:00 PM - 11:00 PM
A word from TAPS Fish House & Brewery - Dos Lagos
At TAPS, our eclectic, award-winning menu blends together the flavors of France, Asia and New Orleans in a celebration of fresh seafood, U.S. Choice steaks and thick chops. Our decadent desserts prepared on premise by our Executive Chef John Vega are a perfect way to conclude your evening. TAPS offers a 14-seat oyster bar, an incredible lounge, live entertainment, 8 flat screen TVs, four fireplaces, private dining for 8-500 people and a cigar friendly heated patio. Enjoy Brewmaster Victor Novak's award-winning handcrafted European ales and lagers, or enjoy our wine list honored by Wine Spectator. Whether you're joining us for our incredible Sunday Brunch Extravaganza, popular happy hour, or a wonderful lunch or dinner we are sure you will agree that TAPS FISH HOUSE & BREWERY is on the cutting edge of dining.Continued
Click here (http://www.zagat.com/verticals/PropertyDetails.aspx?VID=8&R=49748) to view us on Zagat.
Click here (http://www.zagat.com/verticals/PropertyDetails.aspx?VID=8&R=49748) to view us on Zagat.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
TAPS Fish House & Brewery - Dos Lagos - Best Restaurants in Corona ›
TAPS Fish House & Brewery - Dos Lagos reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)good for groups (27)great for outdoor dining (24)romantic (23)great for brunch (21)neighborhood gem (20)scenic view (14)vibrant bar scene (12)fit for foodies (11)hot spot (11)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (9)great for lunch (9)late-night find (4)Show More
- Best Sunday BrunchTemeculaMikeDined on 11/23/2014We have been here on several occasions. With friends and family gatherings. The buffet offers FRESHLY prepared foods and the waitress is very generous with the champagne.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedDisappointedDinerDined on 11/15/2014Reservations for four on a Saturday night with request for patio seating if available to celebrate a birthday. We were seated quickly but to the worst patio table and apparently next to a child's bday party. It took a long time for our server to get our drink order and even longer for the drinks to arrive. She gave us our drinks and said shed be right back to take our order. 20 min later she came back. It took a very long time and half the party's food arrived cold. The bisque was great as well as the oysters Rockefeller but I was the only one happy with my entree. All of us ordered off the pre fix menu so dessert was ordered ahead of time. Dessert was brought out without ever asking if anyone wanted coffee ( we all did and all wanted baileys ). Never got either. Sad to say it was so disappointing in different areas that we won't be back. I feel that when you are paying this much money for food and liquor that service as well as food and drink should be top quality, that was not the case here.
- Awesome restaurant.Chimpanzee172Dined on 11/11/2014Went for my birthday. Very nice restaurant, great service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience ~OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/26/2014This was our first time visiting Taps in Corona and celebrating birthdays with Sunday brunch. Recommend making reservations as the line was out the door when we arrived at 11am. We were seated immediately. Service was great ~ champagne was non-stop ~ refills constantly without having to ask. Food was great! Huge selection, displayed nicely. Staff very friendly. Highly recommend and we will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious goodMrsMaciasDined on 10/24/2014I loved their food and the waitress was awesome. We sat in the corner by the chimney and it was perfect with a nice viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ExperienceRaRaVIPDined on 10/24/2014Our dinner the other night was simply awful. This place calls itself a steak house and a fish restaurant but falls seriously short on both fronts. For the most part, the food was lukewarm and both steaks were pretty awful. One was barely cooked and the other simply tasteless. The fish selection was quite limited with no additional fish specials The wine list is quite dull - unacceptable in a southern California setting. The beer is much better. We have been to TAPS a few times before and one never knows if the food will be OK or not but this last visit was the worst. We will not be back. And by the way, the prices are not cheap, so save your money and go somewhere else.
- First TimeBruner23Dined on 10/23/2014I heard good things about TAPS, that is why I decided to check it out. They have a pretty extensive menu and their apps and soups are great. However, I was a little disappointed in the entrees. I expected the meals to have better flavor. Overall, the restaurant was nice and the service was good. I'd give it another go.Special Features:
- Do not recommendMrsTNGalDined on 10/11/2014When we first moved to SoCal 5 years ago, we loved dining regularly here. But after a couple of years the quality of the food, food preparation, etc. declined. Took a couple of people with me on 10/11/14 to give it a try again and my macadamia crusted fish was very bland, no flavor. The two other people did not care for their dish either. We waited quite a while for the appetizers - the lobster bisque was wonderful, as well as the artichoke, but my friend got only halfway through the artichoke before they were bringing out our entrees. Service was not good, we waited for drinks, too. Did enjoy the creme brûlée dessert. This restaurant is not consistent and too expensive not to be.
- Great PlaceSoCalDined on 10/4/2014We eat here fairly regularly, as this is my 7 year old's favorite restaurant. The bacon wrapped meatloaf was excellent, and he always likes his kids pepperoni pizza with the ice cream for dessert.Special Features:
- srgamersrgamerDined on 9/28/2014Sunday Brunch is great here. A large variety of fresh seafood, cutting stations and a children's station. It was my friends BD and there were stars on our table. She had special desert and was serenaded by the wait staff. A background of Jazz with a view of the lakes. Service was impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mr. angelo tomiselliOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014My wife and I had dinner we had the lobster and steak. It was good but we thought that the lobster was not fully cooked because it stem to have a bit of fat content. thank u. the service was good. It was our first time dinning there.Special Features:
- Sunday brunchJM123Dined on 9/21/2014Been here several times before, for the Sunday brunch for special occasions. This time it was for my wife's birthday. Food was great as usual, many choices, and we all enjoyed ourselves. One slight negative this time was that the servers were not as attentive as previous times. We ordered an omelet which never came, and they never came by to check if we needed more coffee or juice. We had to keep flagging them down.Special Features:
- DissapointedNotsofoodiesDined on 9/19/2014We have dined here before so we expected a great dining experience. However, we were dissapointed this time around. It was a Friday evening and surprisingly they were not that busy. We had a party of four (2 adults 2 children). Our waitress was nice but the service was slow. It took about 35-40 minutes for our appetizers to come out. At about a little over an hour our main course arrived. The kids meals arrived then also! How long should pizza take to make? Our youngest fell asleep before dinner arrived. My wife ordered the tilapia and couldn't eat more than a couple of bites. She said it tasted like the smell of dirty fish tank water. Our waitress was kind enough to remove it from our bill.Special Features:
- Very Pricey with bad foodLuv2EatDined on 9/6/2014This restaurant is a hot box and the food was not cooked as ordered; the only nice thing I can say is that our service was good and very attentive. The restaurant has potential, unfortunately they would need to get a better cook and redesign the restaurant before it got better.
- Special Occasionbeef4meDined on 8/31/2014One of our go to's for special occasions. The food, service and baked to order red velvet cake is off the charts. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Amazing!dsran87Dined on 8/30/2014Made reservations for 4 with a request for a booth and were seated within 10 minutes. We started off with the ceviche and fried calamari, the ceviche was best I've had in the Inland Empire/OC. I ordered the Sake Miso Marinated Chilean Sea Bass which was probably the best fish I've ever had! It was truly a delicacy. We finished off with Red Velvet Cake (let your waiter/waitress know you want to order this when ordering dinner as it takes about 30 minutes to prepare). The Red Velvet Cake was amazing! The three other members in my group shared a bottle of Chardonnay from Santa Barbara County, which they told me went well with their dinners. One person ordered the Surf and Turf, another order the Drunken Mahi Mahi and the last ordered Salmon.Special Features:
- Almost 100%TravelerDined on 8/30/2014We had a very nice dinner. My only concern was the our waiter seemed to know everyone who came in and spent much time catching up, which ultimately delayed his placing our order, etc. Others around arrived at about the same time and left 15-20 minutes before us because their wait staff seemed more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Enjoy Dining here!okayDined on 8/28/2014I've never had a bad meal at Taps. The service is always good. Excellent food. Don't forget to order the chocolate souffle early. They make it from scratch, so it takes time to bake.Special Features:
- Wonderful TimeMagicmanDined on 8/27/2014I've been to Taps several times and they have never disappointed me. The food and service were outstanding. I got a warm greeting at the door and the servers all had welcoming faces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit overpriced...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014We absolutely love fish and so we thought we'd try this place out again. They have a great Prix-Fix menu for $30 that turns out to be a good deal. A starter, entree and dessert. The bread they serve pre-meal is great, and the service was wonderful as well. Our issue was with the actual entree. It tasted as though the oil they were using was old. The manager was kind enough to offer a replacement but by that time we had eaten almost all of it. This was out third time here and have never been impressed. Most of the menu items (for dinner) are north of $23 & in my opinion just doesn't seem appropriate. We will stick to Kings Fish House which we find to be much better.
- Always enjoy our meal at TapsDancetictocDined on 8/9/2014We were celebrating our 44th anniversary. We didn't request a specific table so we were seated at a small table in the back section. We then requested a booth and were quickly accommodated. The table had sparkly stars covering the table cloth to add a festive touch. We love fish so my husband ordered the sea bass special and I ordered the telapia. Both delicious. The wine was very good and the second pour looked like an extra large one. We split the lettuce wedge and the artichoke appetizer. By this time we were full so when the complimentary creme brulee arrived, it just about finished us off. PS I still brought home half of my meal and had it for lunch the next day! Yum!Special Features:
- Sea food lovers will fall in loveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Mouthgasm!! You will love this place our waiter was really attentive ! Refills and he observed when he knew we were done and boxed our lunch for us:))after we ordered dessert oh my gawddd!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary ambienceRaiderblissDined on 8/3/2014This is the 3rd year in a row we have gone to Taps for our anniversary. The food is excellant, service was great, In fact had same waitress 3 years in a row. My congressman was even having dinner there. I think it's probably the best restuarant in Corona. It's always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food...slow serviceSoCalK9lvrDined on 8/3/2014The venue is easy to get to with ample parking. We went for Brunch. No omlette station so you order that off the menu and then visit the various stations for your other choices. The food was very good. My only disappointment was in the server. She rarely checked in us and when we did ask for anything...like more water please...she'd forget. I'll go again but I'll know that I may have to be more assertive if we need anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch in CoronaJazHere2EatDined on 8/3/2014I've been to the Mission Inn Brunch as well as various other ones near / in the Inland Empire and I have yet to find one that matches the food quality at Taps. I always bring vacationing friends, new friends, and family here and the experience has always been great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely~!AlariaDined on 8/3/2014I've always loved their stuffed mushrooms and finally got a chance to go for the Sunday brunch buffet. The food was good and the service was great. I had a special request for fried chicken, the Chef made it spetacular and I can't help but wonder why they don't have it on the menu...although it was more of a nostagic play for a friend, the fried chicken was excellent! Definitely will be returning!Special Features:
- The following 451 reviews are from the TAPS Fish House & Brewery - Dos Lagos reviews archive.
- Great foodPFShemetDined on 7/27/2014Service was amazing! Atmosphere was great as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvteatDined on 7/27/2014Always enjoy brunch Hot fish dishes great. Love the misto. Champagne very good. Not too dry or sweet. Overall, good food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 80 degrees inside!SteakloverDined on 7/26/2014We had a reservation at 6:30PM on Saturday. Walked inside and it was at least 80 degrees inside the restaurant. They said they had the thermostat set at 71 degrees but it was still sweltering in there! Lots of other customers were complaining too! It was close to 98 degrees out side that day but that is no excuse - they clearly need to service the ac units or add larger units for such a big building. After I complained they did open up a small private room for us where it was cooler. Our bill for a party of five was over $300 so I think we should have been able to at least be at a comfortable temperature . Too bad because I do like the food there and had a great waitress!
- Dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/22/2014Good fdod nice restaurant we had a good night.I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2014Tapps is a great restaraunt with good food. sunday brunch is good with a big selection of food. ambieance is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go early for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/13/2014Maybe the key to the brunch is to go early and fight the crowds. We arrived at 12:45, restaurant was half empty, still had to wait 15 mins to be seated, and most of the food was gone, or cold. They did replenish the items but it took a long time and they still weren't very hot. Not very good experience.
- We are in love with TapsPennyWennyDined on 7/12/2014Some visits are better than others and it is always better to sit in the dinning room I have learned. This visit it was busy and we had invited someone that did not show, so we just stayed in the lounge/patio area for dinner. We ordered appetizers, but never got bread. The service on the patio is still kinda slow and the servers seemed to be busing tables too. Either way, good food and she was nice and tried hard to keep us happy.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014Taps was chosen at the request of the Birthday Girl because she had never been there. Our dining experience could not have been more special! We were seated on the patio and it was just beautiful and the service was fantastic! I can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunchgudfudDined on 7/6/2014They have a wonderful ambiance, great service and good food. It's a bit pricey for what you get food-wise, but you're paying for everything else. And it's bottomless mimosas...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sharnleeDined on 7/4/2014You made a reservation, but the restaurant was closed that day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RESTAURANT WAS NOT OPENINCOPETENTDined on 7/4/2014I CHECKED THE SITE OF THE RESTAURANT, AND IT INDICATED IT WOULD BE OPEN FROM 3:00 PM UNTIL 11:00 PM. SO I MADE A RESERVATION VIA OPENTABLE FOR 3:30 PM. WHEN WE ARRRIVED AT THE RESTAURANT AT 3:30 PM, IT WAS NOT OPEN. IT NEVER OPENED. NOW, I UNDERSTANDING BEING CLOSED, BUT THAT NEEDS TO BE REFLECTED ON THE INTERNET SITE. ALSO, HOW DOES OPENTABLE MAKE THE RESERVATION WHENT HE RESTAURANT IS CLOSED?????????????????????????????????
- Special Seafood RestaurantTigerooDined on 7/1/2014We went to TAPs for a birthday celebration. I am so happy that we decided to try this restaurant. The service was great. The food was delicious. The ambiance was really nice. This will be one of or regular places to celebrate any occasion. I recommend this restaurant. We tried a variety of different dishes from the menu and we loved each one. I also enjoyed watching the chefs prepare their creations.Special Features:
- Taps is the best!Diesel599Dined on 6/22/2014We love Sunday brunch at Taps! We've been going there for years! You can't beat the price, food and amazing service! And the view of the lake is an added plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food ,Music & StaffMobilePDined on 6/22/2014Clean lines on the inside feeling of the Ambiance of The restaurant & staff . A class act . The food , drinks & desserts Great.. Best place we've been to in So California Can't wait to try friday nights & happy hourSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.