780 Richards Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 3A4Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://q4restaurant.com/
- Phone: 6046874444
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday to Friday from 11:30 am
Dinner: Tuesday to Saturday from 5:00 pm
Closed Sunday Monday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Brad Ellis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Ali Lowe 604-687-4444
A word from Tappo RestoBar
Vancouver's Original Modern Italian Dining. The restaurant’s interior is warm, stylish, and comfortable with plenty of space for cocktails. The room features natural cork flooring, a not so subtle nod to Tappo RestoBar’s reputation for wine excellence, plus this eco-friendly choice absorbs sound naturally; no more shouting to be heard over restaurant chatter and clatter. Perhaps the most prominent feature in the room is a massive 10’ by 20’ original abstract painting by world-renowned artist Jason Gogo. In keeping with the wine theme, Gogo used Napa Valley grapes to create the vivid wine red paint showcased in his work.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tappo RestoBar reviews from OpenTable diners
- Meh Dine Out experienceNeighbourhoodDinerDined on 1/17/2014Tried this place since their Dine Out menu looked promising. Seared scallop appetizer consisted of two small room temperature overcooked scallops cut horizontally to give the illusion of six scallops. My partner's squash soup appetizer was reasonably good. We got two small pieces of bread as an accompaniment while the table beside us got at least six pieces. My grill hanger steak entree and my dining companion's short rib entree were also reasonably good. The brownie dessert tasted like it came from a supermarket brownie tray - dry and flavourless, while the filo cherry dessert was uninspiring. If this is the type of food this restaurant want to showcase for Dine Out diners in hopes of repeat customers, this won't get any.
- This was the third or fourthOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/23/2013This was the third or fourth time we have eaten at Tappo. It is ideal for pre-game dining. The service was quick and the food is quite good. The last evening we were there they were having a bit of a problem with their exhaust system and had to leave the front door open to gain additional ventilation. It made for a chilly table in November.Special Features:
- Extremely Disappointing ExperienceEllieDined on 11/16/2013When first seated, no one attended to us for about 10 minutes yet the restaurant was not full. We ordered sparkling water 4 times and after 30 minutes we were told they were out. It was our waiter's first night on the job and he was very sweet but had no idea about any of the menu times and it took him a long time to return to answer our questions. We were seated at 6:20 and our food arrived at 7:40 pm and was serve in a bizarre order. Two of us were given our salads. One was given their main course and another given her salad with her meal. Two of the main courses still did not arrive, and two of the guests were finishing their main courses. The pasta was over-cooked, the caesar salad was awful and the wrong pizza came. Never again….
- First time but not the last timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/8/2013Visited Tappos for the first time on Friday, Nov. 8th. There was 5 of us and we really enjoyed ourselves. Food was delicious, service was prompt and a good wine list. Restaurant is not that large, fairly intimate however tables are close together and it was a bit loud. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service issue quickly resolvedOnly4diamondsDined on 11/2/2013Enjoyed an amazing meal at Tappo on Saturday night after a fantastic Canucks versus Leafs victory. This was our first dinner at Tappo since the change from Quattro and at first we were skeptical as our server was new and not up to par. After a few struggles with the wine list the manager (who was there as a guest, not on shift - thank you Ian) came over and easily resolved the issues. The food was very good, served hot and as ordered so we were not disappointed on that front. The room is small but comfortable and the vibe is fun for a Saturday night. I will definitely recommend this restaurant to friends and colleagues.Special Features:
- ChangesSixelaDined on 10/18/2013The decor has stayed the same but the name & menu have changed. The food is still very good, my only quibble is that the selection for vegetarians is very limited -- even the caesar salad had bacon!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Great service veryDaveDined on 10/5/2013Fantastic Great service very accommodating and great food They even made us an appetizer that was no longer on their menu Highly recommend this spot for two or a groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise findSuperbeeDined on 10/4/2013Great selection of wine, tasty food, good ambience. However it gets a bit noisy after 9p. Some dishes are on the hot-spicy side. I wish there was warning on the menu or by the server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for a weekday lunch withOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/16/2013Went for a weekday lunch with a friend; quiet but great service. Lots of suits having business lunches. Our food was delicious; every dish fresh and tasty.Special Features:
- Great food, great service!WonitaVIPDined on 10/22/2012I had dined here many times during the week, but I decided to try it on a Saturday evening prior to the Opera at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre, with my husband. I had requested my usual table via Open Table, but they had already seated someone else there and we had a reservation for 5 pm, which is the restaurant opening time and we were on time. So that was a bit disappointing, but the rest of the meal and service was as outstanding as usual. We will be back and highly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food, Great service!WonitaVIPDined on 10/20/2012We enjoyed our dinner here prior to the Unique Lives speaker event at the Centre for the Performing Arts. We always receive great service and get seated in our requested table every time. The salad had way too much dressing on it, but they were quick to rectify it when mentioned. The chicken for the main course is a must have favorite and their desserts are excellent. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Food consistently good. GreatbokkieVIPDined on 9/1/2012Food consistently good. Great friendly service. A bit pricey....Special Features:
- A truly magnificent dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/18/2012A truly magnificent dinner. I was with a party of 10 and everybody absolutely loved each and every course. The food presentation was amazing and the taste sublime. I haven't enjoyed such good Italian food in a long time. We were just visiting Vancouver but I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Consistenly great food and service!WonitaVIPDined on 6/5/2012We eat at Q4 al centro on a regular basis and we are always pleased with both the food and service. This time I found the salad was over done with dressing, but they were nice enough to remove it from the bill. We will be back again and enjoy the ambiance, food and service!Special Features:
- We had a wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/2/2012We had a wonderful evening complete with a terrific server, fine food and wine. Thank you so much!Special Features:
- Slow service, disinterestedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/17/2012Slow service, disinterested staff, and seated close to the kitchen witnessed wait staff adjusting personal items of clothing, the chef enjoying a glass of wine, and a group of staff attacking an apparently stuck drawer with a knife. We certainly had the sense we were in a restaurant attached to a hotel, rather than one that needs to stand on its own.
- We went on a hockey night,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/10/2012We went on a hockey night, so the bar was hopping!! A bit too noisy for my taste, but still had a great time! Server was knowledgeable and helpful when I asked about gluten free options. Would like to go back, maybe on a quieter night!Special Features:
- Decent food, a bit expensive...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/12/2011Decent food, a bit expensive... but it is on the higher end of pasta.
- 5 star service!!serviceDined on 7/14/2011Food was very good, pasta dishes very tasteful!! Our server Peter was top notch!! Excellent eye for detail and knowledgable about wines. Should be serving in a 5 star hotel!! We did find it a bit loud, but there were a couple of big groups. Will go back!!Special Features:
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/26/2011A very quiet night on our visit. Pastas were alright, but not special. Have had more memorable dinners at CinCin, La Quercia, and Lupo. Service was very good, prices are not expensive overall but in respect to food creativity, perhaps a bit high compared to competition.