1550 Laskin Rd
Virginia Beach, VA 23451Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://tappedgastropub.com/
- Phone: (757) 965-5585
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 1:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Tapped Gastropub
At TAPPED Gastropub, we love our food. It’s in the name. So you know there is no shortage of delicious dishes to compliment our obsession with all things beverage. Our menu is inspired by all of your favorite American recipes, and elevated by the quality of our fresh local ingredients. Each dish has also been infused with Executive Chef and culinary mastermind Bill Rurak’s passion for food and flavor. Our menu has something for everyone. For the casual snacker, sample our specialty small bites. For a local flavor feast, try our fresh catch of the day. For more delicate palates, our gluten free and vegetarian dishes will make even the steak eater reconsider. For tiny people with growing appetites, we offer tiny bites. And nothing seals the deal like something baked with chocolate and ice cream. For every meal you share with TAPPED, you will find something to please your palate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Tapped Gastropub - Best Restaurants in Virginia Beach ›
Tapped Gastropub reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (11)neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (8)great for outdoor dining (5)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)special occasion (3)great for lunch (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great, as alwaysWineloverVIPDined on 9/26/2014Tapped is a great, local place. The food is excellent. Great patio for outdoor dining. Try the smoked Gouda and spinach burger...one of the best ever. Franklin was a terrific server who made really good recommendations on food and beverages. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Large family partyGreatDined on 9/9/2014We had a large family group and the staff did a great job taking care of us. the tables with the taps were great for the beer drinkers in our group. We had a 2 year old with us and she had a wonderful time, the staff was very frendly to her. The food was very good and there was so much of it that we had plenty left over to take with us for snacks later that night. We will be back the next time we are in Va. beach!!Special Features:
- Amazingcraftybeer79Dined on 9/6/2014Great food & service as always; this was our second visit to the restaurant. It went much better than our first visit. First visit around Feb, they sat us by the door which people kept opening & leaving open. This time the only bothersome thing was the flies. Other than all that great visit!! Awesome beer list!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatAprilDined on 9/5/2014Great food, great service, great beer, great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014I had family in town and wanted a nice place for dinner. We had great service and great food. Highly recommend!!!Special Features:
- Great spotBrianswifeyDined on 8/14/2014My husband and 3 kids all loved this place as much as I did! This place was so good. It's not in an extremely scenic location, but we still enjoyed sitting outside on their partially covered porch. The food was soooo good!! The homemade pita chips were yummy, the steak skewers were great! My oldest son ordered a burger and loved it. And my pickiest child ordered a grilled cheese and actually finished it! Everything was sooo good!!! Did I already say that?! Don't care, it was that good! Great selection of beer. Great waitstaff! They were very attentive, knowledgable and kind. My family had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014First time dining at Tapped Gastropub and we weren't disappointed. Great service by John, excellent food, and good value for money spent. Crab encrusted mahi mahi was tasty entree with side of sauteed spinach. Enjoyed our dining experience. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Great beer selection! Waiter did an excellent job considering we had 7 people at our table. I enjoyed our experience. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 63 reviews are from the Tapped Gastropub reviews archive.
- Goin againRv123Dined on 7/26/2014Great food, awesome beer selection and live music!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/3/2014Great find for a lunch with a lot of quality and reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Cleanliness apparently not importanOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/1/2014Table and floor were sticky. Small portions, food was fair. I am from a foodie capital of the US and it is next to impossible to find high quality food south of New Jersey.Special Features:
- Great Beer, Good Foodaccidentaldiner345Dined on 6/20/2014The highlight of the restaurant is the ability to order a sampler of their extensive tap list. Waiter made the mistake of calling a black kolsch a black ipa, but we didn't mind. We had the fried chicken slider appetizer which was excellent. The sandwiches are enormous and I could not finish my burger and my wife couldn't finish her entree either. The entrees were good, but nothing to write home about. Will definitely visit again for the beer.
- Great beer!BeerDined on 5/20/2014Great place to grab a beer and their burgers are on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mother's Day lunchRibeyeloverDined on 5/11/2014Recently, my wife and I had a miscarriage. It was a tough day for us, but I wanted to take my wife somewhere special yet not overpriced. This place was amazing. They even brought out the dinner menu for us instead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience!veryhappyladyDined on 5/10/2014Couldn't be happier about choosing Tapped for our anniversary! My husband ordered champagne for the table, and it was waiting for us on ice when we got there. Waitress paid attention to detail, even getting us more pita chips for our hummus when we ran out!! We had the seared ahi and then some scallops, and it was heaven in your mouth!!! Very nice prices for the experience you get; live music (on saturday anyways), wonderful lighting, multiple areas for whatever mood you're in (covered outside kind of beachy bar area, sophisticated bar table area, then booths for a more intimate experience). To top it off, they said desert of a delicious strawberry chocolate creme Brule was on them!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved everything and will be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014This was our first time dining at Tapped! and my fiancé and I had a great time. The hostess was very welcoming and friendly, the server was very knowledgeable about all of the beers on tap and they had a decent wine list. All of the food we ordered was excellent and came out in a very timely manner even with all of the tables being filled. We will definitely be going back and bringing friends and family with us on our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniqueGarBarDined on 3/29/2014Fun night with friends. Michelle, our server, was super!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will be back for the beer!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014The beer was the best I've had and the service was great. I liked the food but it was a little salty for me. I think the salads could be a little bigger. But I really liked being there. I am super picky about eating out so I give Tapped an 8 out of 10. I have been 4 times and will be back. The only real drawback for me was that the second hand smoke was irritating and when I got home I smelled like a chimney.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing servicedateniteNOKIDSDined on 3/28/2014It's a shame I can't remember our servers name. He was tall dark handsome black hair. Anyways my boyfriend and I were a little late but he checked on our friends while they waited. Once we got there everything was awesome. We shared a tuna avocado salad to start. Then I had the seared tuna. While he had the stuffed serloin. OMG it was dank! I ate your creme Brule by myself and it too was fantastic! Anyways old dude deserves a raise for his excellent service and Big L should work more because his face and L trains are on point!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beer is the star and theyBrewdocDined on 3/28/2014Beer is the star and they use it well. The food is better than at most craft beer outlets. I have not cared for any of the musicians they have booked in the past. The live music just makes it too loud to talk, and most people in the place could do without it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as I thought it would bOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014Food was not as good as I expected. The quality and innovation of the food selection does not fit with the "gastro pub" theme. Beer selection was good and I appreciated that they had organic ketchup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the entreeRmkplDined on 3/15/2014Everyone loved the entrees. Mahi layered in crab, was delicious crab cakes were fantastic and the burgers were great. However, with the exception of the sweet potato fries the sides were less than exciting. Had the spinach and polenta cakes and they were not very tasty.Special Features:
- Rather unremarkable food andrvadinerVIPDined on 3/15/2014Rather unremarkable food and menu. Great craft beer selection. Our server was terrific!
- Great food, friendly serviceJohnDined on 3/15/2014In from Richmond for the evening, had race the next day, had never been before. Quick, friendly service from waiter and host. Food was excellent, especially wings and calamari. My new go to place inVirginia Beach.Special Features:
- Srirachi aoli was outstanding.LuckyCharmsDined on 3/15/2014Srirachi aoli was outstanding. Our fabulously entertaining waiter made the experience. Thank you Josh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeAsh14Dined on 3/15/2014I'll def be back! The tap tables are a rare find! The food was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cigar night?cockermomDined on 3/6/2014Friends of mine and I celebrated a small milestone at Tapped Gastropub last Thursday night. As soon as I walked in, I breathed in cigars -- not smoke, and not aroma (not a fan), but prevalent enough. Luckily, my group was seated as far away from the smell as possible without being outside. However, we each noted it, and I smelled it on my clothes after I left. Not a fan of cigar or cigarette smoke! The food, on the other hand, was wonderful -- the kitchen is very creative, and we devoured the apps we had. The beer list is a nice find, and our waitress was the best -- very pleasant, attentive without hovering, and gave great suggestions. I would definitely return and recommend, but I'd be wary of the air quality.Special Features:
- Great PlaceBoatsDined on 2/28/2014Nice local pub to have dinner and toss back a few. Waiter was very knowledgeable with his menu, and beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50% off military Mondays!!!?!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/24/2014Was very presently surprised that such a great restaurant was offering half off the entire meal for military every Monday. The food, service, and whole dining experience was s welcomed change to most places in v.b. we will definitely be dining here more Monday's to come! Keep up the great work. Love all the gluten free options and the grass fed beef!! Easy to maintain our paleo diet!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, fell short in all categoriesKateVADined on 2/21/2014Food was OK. I ordered crab soup-lacking crab. Boursin Stuffed Sirloin had potential, meat was a good cut but bland like it was missing something. Ordered med/rare. My husbands steak (the Cajun Rubbed Ribeye) came out more than rare. The broccoli on the side was wildly salty, swimming in butter. Beer selection short but eclectic. Service was friendly but poor. Service was slow, kitchen lost our order, took 2.5 hours to get our food and bill. Med to loud level, outdoor section OK for summer, but the smoke, and the crowd that hung out there really took away from the place. There were a few middle aged adults acting like frat boys, this is a bit of a downer. The fact that you have to walk through the middle of this section is unfortunate.Special Features:
- AwesomeKrystalDined on 2/15/2014This was our first time and we loved it! The lobster dip and pita chips were amazing and the Cajun steak was cooked beautifully and needed to extra seasoning or sauces! We will def be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Dinner = Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Our Valentine's Dinner was wonderful and I felt really special receiving a red rose upon arrival! This was the second time that my husband and I have dined there and both times have been fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentnousernameforyouDined on 2/14/2014My wife took me here for Valentine's Day as we wanted to go somewhere we hadn't been and that wasn't a chain. We have friends that go here regularly and have said it was very good so we decided to give it a go. It was VERY busy at 8:00 because of the holiday and even though we had reservations, we had to wait about 10 minutes to be seated, which really wasn't a big deal. My wife had a burger which had excellent barbeque sauce and I had the chicken caprese roulade which was perfect! We aren't beer people so we didn't have anything from their extensive beer list but the wife did have a mojito which she said could have been better. Overall though, it was a wonderful experience and we'll be back to try some other things very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbFooreviewDined on 2/14/2014Awesome food. Both wife and I are def. coming back.Special Features:
- Serice is greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2014The service here is outstanding each time we visit. The waiters know their beers really well and make excellent recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glassware? Smoke? Seasoning?ChipDined on 1/26/2014This place needs to find proper glassware for its beers. To have such a nice draft list & bottle list, shaker pints just won't do. All that smoke drifting in from the patio has got to go. Overwelms you as you walk up to the place. Food was just ok. Not seasoned very well & you could tell that nothing was "fresh".Special Features:
- Glad we checked it out!vmsullivanDined on 1/25/2014We made plans to check out Lewis McGehee (one of our favorite local musicians!) and opted to enjoy dinner before hand. Butch was our 'tour guide' and did a fantastic job ensuring that we felt taken care of with his friendly attention. Dinner was great! Drinks were interesting and choices were bountiful! Will be returning and will be asking for Butch again!Special Features:
- Great food, expensive drinksluv2dine2164Dined on 1/4/2014Everything we ordered was phenomenal. The appetizers, entrees and burgers! Our service was great! The main dining area was a bit smoky from the door opening and closing to the smoking area (the enclosed patio). Unfortunately the beers were sooooo expensive we won't go back for drinks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burger!! Moderate beerM2PAVIPDined on 1/4/2014Great burger!! Moderate beer selection. Service was great - a fun place!Special Features:
- Great night!PleasedDined on 12/28/2013Tapped was a great pick for us. We enjoyed a wonderful shrimp appetizer that was wonderful and much larger than expected. The beer and wine list was extensive and our dinner was delicious. We were really glad we made reservations. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.