344 French Hill Rd.
Wayne, NJ 07470Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.taphousenj.com/
- Phone: 9738324141
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Monday-Wed 11:30am - 10:30pm.
Thursday-Friday 11:30-11pm, late night menu until 12am.
Saturday 12:00 pm -12:00 am
Sunday 11:00 am - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Bryan Cioletti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We have a full catering menu with many different options for all types of occasions!
- Private Party Facilities: Party room with 60" high definition television large enough for 45 people. Separate lounge room with 2, 42" high definition televisions that accommodates 15-20 people. Rooms available for parties or casual get togethers.
- Private Party Contact: Mike or Kelly 9738324141
A word from Taphouse Grille
Upscale, family friendly environment serving anything from pizza and wings to filet mignon, using freshly prepared and high quality ingredients. The bar features 24 rotating draft selections of some of the best craft beer around. Open late! Family friendly with a separate kids menu. Happy hour Monday through Friday from 4-6:30 pm featuring beer, martini and food specials. Private party rooms available for up to 60 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Taphouse Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)fit for foodies (2)good for groups (2)special occasion (2)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Ou favorite neighborhood spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014The Taphouse grille is our favorite neighborhood restaurant for many reasons. The food is consistently excellent including an extensive specials list. Of course we have our favorites, asian calamari, crispy eggplant, filet egg rolls! Brick oven pizzas are perfectly cooked, thin crust and sauce with a little extra spice. You can't miss with the burgers either. Paired with a good craft beer and it's a perfect night. The beer selections vary and you can choose from stouts to pale ales from local breweries as well as other popular craft beer suppliers. The staff is the draw for us. Attentive, professional, warm and friendly, they are the best in the business and the main reason we are "regulars" at the Taphouse Grille.Special Features:
- Don't botherBobbyDined on 7/19/2014Food took for ever had to be sent back twice very loud very noisy manager came didn't even take the 2nd meal off the bill . would not recommend it to anyone
- The following 30 reviews are from the Taphouse Grille reviews archive.
- Great!DS1964Dined on 6/14/2014My husband and I got married here and it holds a special place in out hearts for us! The food is great and the people who work there are so friendly and they recognize us always coming over to say hello. The manager Mike is just the best!! He helped us with our wedding and his professionalism and friendliness (not to mention his patience with us and all our questions!) is always appreciated! You won't be disappointed here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day Brunch FailOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014All I have to say is $40 to wait 35 minutes for an omelet. Not worth the money at all. Disorganized and slim pickings for a buffet brunch.
- LunchJohnDined on 4/1/2014We had the specialty burgers on the menu. Cooked perfectly and huge. More than expected.Special Features:
- Always terrificnjdevil1VIPDined on 3/28/2014Except for the noise, tap house is always good. Excelleny menu, great beers and wines. What more could you ask for.Special Features:
- Can you hear me now?devilznjDined on 3/15/2014LOUD crowd. Can barely hear yourself talking plus we had a table of 7 young ladies celebrating a birthday a few tables over that were extremely loud. Good pub food, incredible craft beer selection. Bring your ear plugs on a Saturday night.Special Features:
- Really goodnjdevil1VIPDined on 3/7/2014Excellent beers on tap. Nice special drinks. Very good food. All that makes this a terrific local pub. Everything is a a bit upscale from what you would expect at a pub. Plenty of classic bar food, great and unique pizzas and surprisingly good specials. We have been here several times and are never disappointed. Only downside is the noise. No sound absorbing material anywhere. Hard to have a conversation.Special Features:
- Great beersFieryfairyDined on 2/28/2014Taphouse Grille is mine and my husbands go to bar for amazing beer choices and good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOut4DinnerDined on 2/21/2014The menu has great options, only complaint is service is a bit slow at times. Nice bar for drinks after dinner, I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Solid, but nothing spectacular.RichardVIPDined on 2/15/2014Solid, but nothing spectacular. We have dined here many times and keep going back every 6 months or so. Great selection of beer.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beers and great foodHamburger83VIPDined on 1/22/2014There were so many interesting beers that I tried a flight of 5 porters and stouts. The service was excellent and the food was great. I was too full to try the tempting coffee stout/chocolate milkshake...
- A good timeGinoVIPDined on 1/18/2014Enjoyed dinner there the other night! They call it comfort food in the description but I would call it upscale bar fare. Nice choice of appetizers and we'll made entrees. We had the chicken, burger, crab cakes and filet mingnon... All of them done right. Go there, you will enjoy it! But expect an energetic noise level it will be crowded on a Saturday night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently very good.TTKBVIPDined on 11/23/2013TapHouse never disappoints. Consistently good food. Recently went on successive Thursday and Friday nights and both nights had a very energetic atmosphere. The salmon entree is always reliable. If you go for the pan roasted chicken special one must like spicy food. Good beer list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at the Taphouse GrillFoodieforeverDined on 11/16/2013The menu is great with something for everyone. Extensive beer menu. It is a large restaurant with plenty of room between the tables. The service was poor. When we had to return a burger because it was undercooked it took a long time to get it back. The staff comped us our coffees to make up for the problem. I'd try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Around Great Place!!MBOO4VIPDined on 10/9/2013Great selection of craft beers, the food is very good, with generous portions. The atmosphere is nice, and there are also enough tv's to catch a game. In my opinion, I would highly reccommend the Taphouse Grille!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Taphouse GrilleLovestoeatDined on 8/31/2013The food was very good, although the ceasar salad was a bit overdressed. There are over 20 craft beers on tap, and you could order any four as a flight. Our entrees were very good (Fish and chips, and linguine w/ clam sauce). The waiter checked in with us a few times to make sure everything was OK. The noise level, when the place is full, is very loud, but bearable. We will defintely return with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Dining ExperienceTTKBVIPDined on 5/18/2013Went on a Saturday evening at five pm. (usually a quieter time in many restaurants) and the place was hopping....very loud but it didn't bother us too much. Food was excellent. Good micro-brew beer list, but good wine selections too....nice ambiance, sort of an upscale sports bar, but with a family mix thrown in, at least when we were there. Have been here before, never been disappointed and will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to sample new beersSMB51Dined on 4/30/2013Straight-ahead American food, but all fresh and tasty. The big attraction is the separate beer menu which changes every month. You can get a flight and sample four beers at a time. If you want a burger and a beer - a really good burger with some really good beer - I know of no better place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall it was ok. Went forSteph922Dined on 4/28/2013Overall it was ok. Went for brunch this past Sunday. Place was virtually empty and the buffet was quite limited. That being said, the food was decent and I did enjoy the bloody Mary bar. However, I feel like they'd be able to give people more for their money if they had a brunch menu as opposed to the buffet. I am normally a fan of buffet brunch, but the quality was subpar and I think it's because it is buffet style and not a la cart.
- Large selection of items onJohnDined on 11/11/2012Large selection of items on menu. The service and the food were excellent. Would return to try other items on menu. Get the eggplant appetizer. It was different and unusual with goat cheese on top and jalapeno peppers in marinara sauce.Special Features:
- They have redeemed themselves!finedinerVIPDined on 9/7/2012Having not been here since April, after multiple poor experiences, I was pleasantly surprised to see adjustments have been make in the kitchen. The menu featured creative new seasonal items, and the food came out fresh and hot. This had been an issue before but whoever they have running the kitchen now is doing a much better job. We did wait a little long for our entrees, but I'll forgive that as everything came out steaming and delicious. We had the calamari appetizer, which has been a favorite of ours since they opened. I had the scallops and he had the skirt steak. Both were cooked nicely and had flavorful sauces and sides. Looks like we will be putting the Taphouse back in rotation.Special Features:
- Awesome beer list. Got a martiniSlabbyVIPDined on 8/31/2012Awesome beer list. Got a martini in a high ball glass, kind of strange.
- Nice neighborhood spot - weOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2012Nice neighborhood spot - we were only in town for a short visit and needed a place for a quick bite...pretty inside, lots of tv's with sporting events on. Good happy hour. Varied menu, service good!
- Great burger, good salad, soggy frymikenneyDined on 8/25/2012Very nice decor and mix of nice dining room with a lot of televisions. Ceasar salad was good though could have used some anchovies. Burgers were excellent, especially the rolls. The french fries were soggy.
- Like the food from the higherOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/28/2012Like the food from the higher end to cheaper bar selections.Special Features:
- Love this place being in ourPjmooreVIPDined on 5/29/2012Love this place being in our neighborhood ! Wish is was a little more cozy.
- Phenomenial Beer List andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/4/2012Phenomenial Beer List and expertise in knowledge of beer selection. Fantastic service.Special Features:
- Grub was casual but very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2012Grub was casual but very good. We didn't have to wait long to be served and this on Valentine's Day, no less! I did not like the fact that my steamed mussels did not come with lemon or a spoon. My husband quicky fixed that situation but I definitrly wished for a more attentive waitress at that point. Both mussels and crab cake sandwich that i had and hubby's cheeseburger were very good.Special Features:
- Not the French Hill InnronzoniVIPDined on 12/3/2011OK menu. Staff seems new. Nothing notable about the menu.Special Features:
- Not the best when busy.finedinerVIPDined on 11/12/2011In the last two months we've been here half a dozen times, but this night it was particularly busy and the food and service suffered for it. Our server was running up and down the stairs to take care of a large party as well as individual tables. Other times we've been here service was promt and the food was good. For apps we always love the short rib tacos and calamari Thai style. Burgers are hit or miss, on this night they were dry and over cooked. The steak sandwich my boyfriend always orders was half the size it normally was and served on a hamburger roll as opposed to a hoagie. Not sure yet if this is a cost cutting measure or just a shortage one night. The beer selection is great and now that they do growlers we can enjoy it at home.Special Features:
- Wannabe upscale sports barJaz000VIPDined on 2/13/2011Nice atmosphere, but very quiet on the day we went. The food was good, not great, though the portions were quite generous. They need to be considering the prices ($13 cheeseburger). The beer list was a little disappointing, in that what was available didn't match the menu. I asked for 5 different beers that were either out of stock or had been substituted with something different. And all while a large "grand opening" banner flapped outside. All in all, it has potential but the execution didn't match our expectations.