511 Rue Villeray
Montreal, QC H2R 1H5Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.restotapeo.com/
- Phone: 5144951999
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 5:30 pm - 11:00 pm, Saturday - : 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Marie Fleur St-Pierre
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Pourquoi ne pas nous inviter chez vous la prochaine fois?
Au bureau, à la maison ou pour toute occasion spéciale. Faites comme plusieurs clients et partagez l"expérience Tapeo. Venez rencontrer l'un des propriétaires afin d'identifier vos besoins.
L'équipe Tapeo mettra tout en oeuvre pour élaborer un menu qui saura vous plaire. Une sélection de vins vous sera proposée pour accompagner vos plats. L'équipe, chef et serveurs, se rendra sur place pour vous assurer de vivre pleinement l'expérience Tapeo.
A word from Tapeo
Discover a wide variety of Spanish dishes skilfully prepared by Head chef Marie-Fleur St-Pierre. Appreciate the authenticity of a service well done, ensured by the owners and staff who are always eager to make your visit a memorable one. Come and taste the new seasonal dishes, and enhance your meal with a Spanish wine especially selected for you, all in a very warm and friendly atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Tapeo - Best Restaurants in Montreal ›
Tapeo reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (47)hot spot (37)neighborhood gem (37)special occasion (28)good for groups (26)romantic (15)late-night find (14)notable wine list (13)great for lunch (12)great for outdoor dining (8)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great Dining ExperienceCorexDined on 8/19/2014As usual - exceptional service, great food and ambience. These guys know how to deliverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for trying new thingsDoubleWeekDined on 8/12/2014Sample different food and have as little as you want, some dishes are very good, the beef tartare is a bit different though. It must be very popular so they have to make the tables smaller to make good use of the space.Special Features:
- Belle soirée garantiePardiDined on 8/8/2014Nous étions un groupe de 7 personnes et la serveuse nous a offert de nous préparer un repas dégustation avec leurs tapas les plus populaires. Nous avons adoré!Special Features:
- Love that place!thefoodie1234123Dined on 8/5/2014Awesome service, the ambience is great and the beef tartar is a must!Special Features:
- Paradis en boucheJane411Dined on 7/31/2014Je suis allée chez Tapeo avec deux amies et avons commandé 8 Tapas ce qui fut parfait. Les tartares sont simplement délicieux, le thon albacore fondait en bouche et même chose pour la bavette de veau , délicieux. Les desserts aussi furent sublimes. Le service était très attentionné et sympathique. Il y a tellement de restos à Mtl mais je retournerais définitivement chez Tapeo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodMontyDined on 7/30/2014The food was very tasty and the dishes were wellpresented. Tapeo has a nice neighbourhood ambiance.Special Features:
- AMAZING!!!CBBBVIPDined on 7/26/2014I love this place - the food is always great :) Mmmmm ... the grilled octopus ..YUMMY to my TUMMY!Special Features:
- SissieDined on 7/25/2014Nous avons apprécié ce repas , nous y avons passé deux heures de belles découvertes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st timeSuzieQDined on 7/18/2014Overall good experience. We had 6 tapas for 2 people plus desert Churros, omg those were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- J'y retournespi10nDined on 7/17/2014Tout ce que j'ai goûté était délicieux avec un service impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super soupergENgMpouleDined on 7/15/2014Excellent restaurant,belle ambiance à essayer, tartare de bœuf et la morue noire...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentlevs1702Dined on 7/4/2014Evert plates we ordre were excellent. Great service fast enought but not too fast. Mix of flavors un every plate is well balance. My best restaurant in Montréal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable!Ruby1960Dined on 6/27/2014The food,superb service,good wine,friendliness of staff ..made for a great evening. It could easily become our favourite ...the noise level is quite high and the tables are close but for some reason this was no bother. We were celebrating our 51st wedding anniversary and were probably the oldest patrons as it seemed quite a young crowd though it was mixed ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valeur sûr!kchibokDined on 6/20/2014Comme toujours Tapéo est une valeur sûr...bonne bouffe, service & ambiance!Special Features:
- Nous avons adoré notre expérience !DjokoDined on 6/10/2014La nourriture est vraiment excellente ! Un délice pour les papilles ! J'aurais préféré un choix plus vaste de vins blanc sur la carte. Plusieurs vins Chardonnay manquaient. Assez décevant pour un restaurant de cette qualité. Et j'espère que le sondage est disponible en français également !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tapas restaurantTravellerVIPDined on 6/8/2014Tapeo is exactly that, a neighborhood gem. Great, somewhat seafood centric tapas menu. Great fun sitting at the bar, interacting with the bartender,and she took great care of me. Excellent wines by the glass to go with the tapas. High energy all around, so Tapeo is a great place to people watch as well. Definitely worth a return trip.Special Features:
- Food exceeds venue.American2Dined on 5/31/2014The food at Tapeo exceeds all expectations (except portion size - very small). The mussels, our tapa of the day, were extraordinary. I did not anticipate a tomato sauce as savory and intricate as theirs. The location, on the otherhand, is dark and obscenely loud. I would not dine there again if the ambience and music remain the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nec plus ultrahonmicoDined on 5/28/2014Food, its utmost quality, imaginative and flawless preparation and the obvious talent behind it always make a visit to Tapeo an event to remember. The service is prompt, friendly and knowledgeable. The decor modern and elegant. Forget the low-level conversation, though, the noise level is energetic to say the least. But, one is always tempted to return... again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shoots too quickly..KingofSeaAngelsDined on 5/20/2014Everything was super good BUT service was definitly too quick. We did not feel special whatsoever even though we said it was our first visit. In 45 minutes, we had received all our tapas and felt super rushed to finish and leave. Thanks to the chef though, it was very good and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Spain in MontrealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2014Best Spanish Tapas I've had anywhere since dining in Spain. Everything was on point. I could understand the line up nearly out the door for a chance to sit and eat here. Word of advice…have reservations in place well in advance. We had reservations, and still had to wait about 10 minutes for our seats. Was it worth it? Yes, but just be forewarned, this is not a walk-in restaurant on a saturday night. Anyway we really enjoyed everything…and the patatas bravas? Best since Spain. You'd think potatoes wouldn't be so hard to make so good, but trust me, after having it in a few North American establishments since Spain, this is the best I've had.Special Features:
- Excellent SerataMaxCinDined on 5/16/2014Attended with my wife and two young boys, I love to have them try new things as much as possible so they develop their desire to try new things, Although it's not always a success lol. My wife and I enjoy it too :)) in short, we all loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Tapeo, service has weakened...AdiiDined on 5/15/2014I have been going to Tapeo at least twice per year for the past 5 years and I always eat like a king! Last time I went, I didn't recognize any of the waiters and the service was friendly, but not special as it was before. Tapeo definitely offers one of the most tasty tapas experience in Montreal ans their prices are ok for the quality, even less expensive than other tapas restaurants.Special Features:
- TapeoBoudaDined on 5/10/2014Nourriture excellente, Mais le service un peu long. J'y retournerai a coup sur.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014First tapas experience and it was great. The staff are very helpful with the menu and when they first told us 5-6 tapas dishes were more than enough for us, thought that it wouldn't be since I was extremely hungry. Instead 5 tapas were more than filling and they were fantastic!!!!! Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pjs108Dined on 5/6/2014Don't like the Tapas concept, did not like the food. Not going back.
- A nice experiencefirstexperienceDined on 5/3/2014It was our first time at a tapas restaurant, we truly enjoyed it and we will definitely return. The service was quick. The food was very good and nice and hot.Special Features:
- TapeoBelindaDined on 5/2/2014Great food! I highly recommend it. Great ambience too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapeo - great food and ambiance!RejoinsmoiDined on 5/1/2014Le menu est varié et les portions généreuses et la qualité excellente. Le personnel est acceuillant et courtois. C'était ma première visite mais surement ma dernière. Il fait préciser toutefois préciser la gamme de prix assez élevée mais pas pour la qualité générale du restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best table in montrealdanniiDined on 4/29/2014Everything was amazing,food ,service,ambiance and even the price was low for the great quality of this resto...please dont change...i just found my favorite resto here;))Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 77 reviews are from the Tapeo reviews archive.
- Better with friendsTeaLoverDined on 4/26/2014It's better when you share all the plate with your friends. We took 11 plates (we were 4) and it was amazing. For about 60$ / person, I think it's really reasonable for the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Endroit très spécialancetreDined on 4/25/2014Le tout étaient excellent,L'ambiance,le service et la bouffe. Assez pour y revenir régulièerement.Special Features:
- Great foodMarxsterDined on 4/13/2014Given that food is the most important part of an experience at a restaurant, Tapeo is great. The food is delicious and creative. This is one of the best restaurants in Montreal in my opinion. However, the atmosphere is not great. I find it too loud in there and the tables are too close to each other. This is a bit typical in Montreal though. I guess if they put less tables in there you'd pay even more than it already costs. I find the wines are too expensive, especially considering that these same wines are really cheap in Spain. If you sit by the window, air conditioning is blowing right at you which was uncomfortable.Special Features:
- Amazing DishesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2014Great restaurant, great service great food!!! And really not that expensive at all!! One of my favourite restaurantsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Toujours aussi bonLouiseCDined on 4/9/2014Aller chez Tapéo, c'est s'assurer d'un repas de haute qualité, de saveurs étonnantes et de plats excellents. À tout coup! À chaque visite, je m'étonne de trouver un restaurant de classe dans un quartier loin du centre. Que ce soit pour le lunch ou le soir, la qualité des mets est excellente et les saveurs exceptionnelles. Et l'été les fenêtres s'ouvre sur la rue pour laisser la douceur du temps baigner la salle. Le décor est sobre et moderne. Mais on y va surtout pour la qualité des tapas et pour découvrir des agencements de goûts délicats et bien dosés qui réveillent nos papilles. C'est un endroit à connaître et à fréquenter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great serviceStevenDined on 4/5/2014I found out about this restaurant through E38 and it lived up to my expectations great food, great service and at a reasonable price. Went 6 people had the waiter choose our meal for us and a bottle of Jameson total cost was 370 tax in. This is a must try and I highly recommend the short rob and salmonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Top 3 in MTLamblouinDined on 4/3/2014Consistently delicious - they never disappoint. And I love the neighbourhood. Cant wait to try Meson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingCoolioDined on 4/3/2014Excellent food. It's my new favorite restaurant in Montreal. I had tuna, octopus, steak tartar, mushrooms, vine tomatoes - all were interesting and tasty. Staff was helpful in suggesting food and wine. Crowded- do make a reservation ahead of time. Dessert was ok, but not extremely excellent like the other courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place in townNalaDined on 3/26/2014My fav restaurant, it is the best place in mtl, amazing food, amazing wine, great service...perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restoGipiDined on 3/21/2014Was the 3rd time and certainly not the last one! Food is great, good wine list. A great place to share plates with the one we love. Thx!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superbe soirée !AlainMtlDined on 3/19/2014Nous mangeons régulièrement à ce resto depuis des années. Tapéo est dans notre "top 3" à Montréal. C'est de de ces restaurants qui font de Montréal un endroit spécial à vivre...ou à visiter. Les tapas sont raffinés et diversifiés. La carte des vins offre un bon choix de vins au verre. Le service est convivial sans être envahissant. Le stationnement y est facile. À cause de sa popularité, il faut réserver environ deux semaines d'avance pour les week-ends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.