511 Rue Villeray
Montreal, QC H2R 1H5Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.restotapeo.com/
- Phone: (514) 495-1999
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 5:30 pm - 11:00 pm, Saturday - : 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Marie Fleur St-Pierre
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Pourquoi ne pas nous inviter chez vous la prochaine fois?
Au bureau, à la maison ou pour toute occasion spéciale. Faites comme plusieurs clients et partagez l"expérience Tapeo. Venez rencontrer l'un des propriétaires afin d'identifier vos besoins.
L'équipe Tapeo mettra tout en oeuvre pour élaborer un menu qui saura vous plaire. Une sélection de vins vous sera proposée pour accompagner vos plats. L'équipe, chef et serveurs, se rendra sur place pour vous assurer de vivre pleinement l'expérience Tapeo.
A word from Tapeo
Discover a wide variety of Spanish dishes skilfully prepared by Head chef Marie-Fleur St-Pierre. Appreciate the authenticity of a service well done, ensured by the owners and staff who are always eager to make your visit a memorable one. Come and taste the new seasonal dishes, and enhance your meal with a Spanish wine especially selected for you, all in a very warm and friendly atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Tapeo - Best Restaurants in Montreal ›
Tapeo reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (74)hot spot (48)special occasion (45)neighborhood gem (40)romantic (37)good for groups (36)notable wine list (25)late-night find (15)great for lunch (14)great for outdoor dining (9)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Yummmmm!!!AndiDined on 11/20/2014Everything is so good there. Been there quite a few times and really never had anything that didn't make me say "OMG! this is so good"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A découvrir absolument!GenMtlDined on 11/9/2014Très belle soirée! Tapas, vin et ambiance exceptionels! Service convivial et dynamique! Vraiment nous avons été charmé <3Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Essayez la morue en croûteemgioDined on 11/9/2014Un must. Un plat parfait. Absolument divin. Ne partez sans l'avoir commandée.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2014nourriture excellente !! nous avons dû quitter assez rapidement... mais j'ose espérer que c'était à cause de Montréal à Table...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceFoodDined on 11/9/2014Good food, great variety on the menu, correct price for this kind of experience (we only ordered food). Noise level a little bit too high.Special Features:
- Excellent!Minie78Dined on 11/9/2014We went during Mtl a table, the menu was great, our server was really helpfull in suggesting the best wine for the food. The overall experience was amazing and I want to go back to try the regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ML91Dined on 11/8/2014The food and the service was really good. The only thing is that the wine was really expensive for what it was.Special Features:
- Service et metsJocyDined on 11/7/2014Perso nel efficace et très sympatique en plus d'être à l'écoute des clients. Menu varié et belle présentation des plats. Soirée très agréable. Je n'hésiterai pas à reco mandar Tapeo à mes amis.Special Features:
- LoulouDined on 11/7/2014very good good ....Will go back for sure Service extra....waiter very helpfull. I Will recommand your restaurant to all my friendsSpecial Features:
- En français, svp?MarjoDined on 11/2/2014J'aurais aimé recevoir ce questionnaire EN FRANÇAIS. Merci.Special Features:
- Wow!JazzyDined on 11/2/2014It was my second time in this restaurant and I'm going back for sure. The food was amazing, the service impeccable and the ambiance perfect. It's a perfect place to go in groups since you can share all the food.Special Features:
- Première visite fort appréciée!cdemersDined on 11/1/2014C'était la première fois que j'allais chez Tapéo, mais se ne sera pas la dernière fois!!! Service incroyable, assiettes généreuses pour des tapas, très grande qualité.Special Features:
- karinebDined on 10/31/2014Mélange de saveurs incroyable, un service hors pair et une soirée extra. Chacun des plats avait son wow!!. Super resto !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention to detail is the key!OutandaboutDined on 10/31/2014Every dish is a delicacy.. Attentive and friendly service as is rarely seen nowadays.Special Features:
- Excellent food, expensive.FinMtlDined on 10/28/2014La nourriture et le service sont irréprochables dans ce restaurant de Tapas. Néanmoins, selon mes amis et moi-même, les tapas sont supposés être des plats conviviaux à partager ensemble, à prix abordable. Au restaurant Tapéo, c'était tout le contraire. Les assiettes sont ridiculement petites par rapport au prix. Mention spéciale pour le "magret de canard fumé" ... Quelques tranches tellement fines qu'elles paraissaient transparentes dans l'assiette. Rien à voir avec un magret de canard traditionnel que l'on peut trouver dans n'importe quel bonne petite auberge ou restaurant du sud de la France. Le côté guindé et les prix exorbitants, ce n'est pas du tout ce que mes amis et moi recherchions en venant dans un restaurant de tapas.. Dommage.Special Features:
- ExcellentSusieDined on 10/17/2014Bouffe excellente bémol pour les calmars frits manque de cuisson sinon un très bon resto tapas a découvrirSpecial Features:
- Exquisite!CarmenDined on 10/17/2014Tapeo never disappoints. Simply the most exquisite food in Montreal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service impeccableMarylineDined on 10/12/2014Service incroyable, rapide, courtois, toujours disponible. Pour moi, c'est ce qui fait une expérience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only good things to sayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Everything we ate was incredible. Service was great. Ambiance was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dining experienceLuvGoodFoodDined on 10/11/2014Went with a friend and had an incredible evening. The vibe was just the right amount of bustle, the waiter was helpful, playful and made excellent recommendations with respect to wine and food. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful restoaddiedeeDined on 10/9/2014Everything was nice...good ambiance services.... Maybe just the Wine was disapointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!KatiaDined on 10/5/2014Tapeo is a true Montreal Gem. The ambiance is warm and energetic. The food is truely amazing... Fideos are amazing... Chicken romesco was divine. Having been to a few Tapas places in Montreal, I was expecting smaller portions so I was surprised when plates arrived and did not have any place left for desert :(... we ordered 7 Hot Tapas for 3 and it was a bit much for us (Chicken Romesco is a big plate)...but it was great! Would definitly recommend this place to bigger groups to be able to taste more of the menu!Special Features:
- Great placeMapk7565Dined on 9/13/2014Fantastic restaurant. Great food and amazing service. You have to try the tuna tartare !Special Features:
- Perfectgatsby1961VIPDined on 8/31/2014If you are adventurous, I would recommend letting your waiter choose your tapas. They are all great and will lead you to tastevthings you may not have thought of (like that delicious ''crunchy beef tartar''Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty TapasAliCatVIPDined on 8/31/2014We went to Tapeo on a recent Sunday during our first trip to Montreal. The service was attentive, and the food was very good. Our favorites were the chorizo and the tapas of the day, which was eggplant stuffed with sausage and vegetables and covered with melted mozzarella and spicy tomato sauce. The restaurant is outside of the more popular (and more touristy) neighborhoods. In fact, the cab driver asked if we were sure of the address because he had never before driven someone to that area for dinner. The overall vibe was trendy but not pretentious. The wine selection was adequate. Our only complaint is that the tables were so close together that the servers were stumbling over chairs trying to navigate the dining area.Special Features:
- JohnnyDined on 8/31/2014Once again, we had a great time. Food was exquisite and we had also an excellent service. It's The destination for Tapas in Montréal.Special Features:
- Tapeo - 27 Aug 2014freddy24Dined on 8/27/2014We decided to try out Tapeo by booking online a table for our wedding anniversary. The good thing is that they actually do call you to confirm your reservation. After we got seated on a jam packed Wednesday night, Bobby (our waiter) made us feel at ease and welcomed. We tried 6 Tapas : Spanish Tortilla (very good), Octopus Salad (very Good),Patatas Bravas (good), Chorizo (good),Garlic Shrimps (excellent),and Cod fish friters (excellent). We also decided to try 2 different desserts: Mousse of Dattes and Creme Catalane (both are excellent). Overall excellent service and very good food at reasonable prices - Added to my favorite list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceCorexDined on 8/19/2014As usual - exceptional service, great food and ambience. These guys know how to deliverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for trying new thingsDoubleWeekDined on 8/12/2014Sample different food and have as little as you want, some dishes are very good, the beef tartare is a bit different though. It must be very popular so they have to make the tables smaller to make good use of the space.Special Features:
- Belle soirée garantiePardiDined on 8/8/2014Nous étions un groupe de 7 personnes et la serveuse nous a offert de nous préparer un repas dégustation avec leurs tapas les plus populaires. Nous avons adoré!Special Features:
- Love that place!thefoodie1234123Dined on 8/5/2014Awesome service, the ambience is great and the beef tartar is a must!Special Features:
- Paradis en boucheJane411Dined on 7/31/2014Je suis allée chez Tapeo avec deux amies et avons commandé 8 Tapas ce qui fut parfait. Les tartares sont simplement délicieux, le thon albacore fondait en bouche et même chose pour la bavette de veau , délicieux. Les desserts aussi furent sublimes. Le service était très attentionné et sympathique. Il y a tellement de restos à Mtl mais je retournerais définitivement chez Tapeo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodMontyDined on 7/30/2014The food was very tasty and the dishes were wellpresented. Tapeo has a nice neighbourhood ambiance.Special Features:
- Best Tapas in MontrealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014Tried a few good places for tapas... and Tapeo is now my first selection for tapas. Awesome food, outstanding service we got that night. I would and I do recommend this place all the time. Need to discover!Special Features:
- AMAZING!!!CBBBVIPDined on 7/26/2014I love this place - the food is always great :) Mmmmm ... the grilled octopus ..YUMMY to my TUMMY!Special Features:
- The following 99 reviews are from the Tapeo reviews archive.
- SissieDined on 7/25/2014Nous avons apprécié ce repas , nous y avons passé deux heures de belles découvertes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st timeSuzieQDined on 7/18/2014Overall good experience. We had 6 tapas for 2 people plus desert Churros, omg those were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- J'y retournespi10nDined on 7/17/2014Tout ce que j'ai goûté était délicieux avec un service impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super soupergENgMpouleDined on 7/15/2014Excellent restaurant,belle ambiance à essayer, tartare de bœuf et la morue noire...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentlevs1702Dined on 7/4/2014Evert plates we ordre were excellent. Great service fast enought but not too fast. Mix of flavors un every plate is well balance. My best restaurant in Montréal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.