11301 W Olympic Blvd, #116
Los Angeles, CA 90064Neighborhood:
West Los Angeles
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tapenade.la/
- Phone: 3103126233x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm.
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm.
Happy Hour: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 7:00pm and 9:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Tri Nguyen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off-Site Catering can be provided please call Tapenade at (310) 312-6233 for more information
- Private Party Facilities: A Semi-Private Dining experience can be arranged, please call Tapenade at (310) 312-6233 for more details
A word from Tapenade
Tapenade a “Mediterranean-influenced” restaurant, is committed to serving the freshest, locally farm-grown ingredients combined with the highest quality of wild fish, specialty meats and poultry to create the finest cuisine that California has to offer. You won’t be disappointed with the culinary twists found in the recipes. Tapenade offers an inviting atmosphere where guests can come to eat, drink and celebrate with casual comfort. With a view of the open kitchen, communal dining room, semi-private room, high-lounge bar and outdoor patio, there is a place for everyone on any occasion. Along with the impressive menu there is also a variety of spirits, wine and beer from around the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tapenade reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
great for outdoor dining (3)fit for foodies (2)great for brunch (2)neighborhood gem (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014We Loved, but, were told it is closing on Sunday - the owners of the building are closing it! What a loss!Special Features:
- The following 79 reviews are from the Tapenade reviews archive.
- BMB1677VIPDined on 5/7/20141st visit - lunch hour with 2 coworkers - food was very good - service was slowwwww - took us 1 1/2 hrs for lunch...and we were the 2nd table to be sat during a slow lunch hour!!
- Disappointment Unhappy Happy hourKathyVIPDined on 4/18/2014I eat out quite a bit, and I have never had such a poor experience. Happy hour food was scant to say the least. We were so hungry after our food that we had to order entrees, which were even worse. They did the minimal possible and no interest to the food at all. . the Happy hour wine selection was AWFUL The service was OK, but we were charged for two items we did not have...So I had to send the bill back for adjustments. All in all, this place was a disaster. ( I have to acknowledge the hostess, who was lovely and attentive)
- A new turn at TapenadecvcotVIPDined on 4/11/2014Chefs seem to change as unexpectedly as studio heads in this town but it was still disappointing to learn of founding chef/co-owner, Ressul Rassallat's recent departure from the restaurant he had single-handedly opened a little over a year ago. And what of those famous Brussels sprouts of varied national origin? They're gone, too. But, as unexpectedly, new chef, Tri Nguyen from San Francisco, is quickly and quietly finding his own food voice. A salad selection, heavy on grains has sprouted, with a delicious faro and kale standout. The steadfast staff told us that his burger was recently rated on-line in the top five and deservedly so. Those new items along with a hearty bouillabaisse will have us returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great happy hour menu.CparDined on 4/10/2014Staff is very nice. Only order from the happy hour menu but I think it's great quality for the price. Good, fresh ingredients. Ambiance is relaxing. Quiet crowd.Special Features:
- Excellent food only negativeShoekDined on 3/22/2014Excellent food only negative was the restaurant was way too warmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice tapas restaurantSofiaVIPDined on 3/21/2014Very nice tapas restaurant at the Olympic Collection in West Los Angeles. The food and service were good.
- a bit lonely...OzymandiasDined on 3/15/2014Sorry to say that the food was no more than "Okay". It seemed to be made with some lacking TLC from the chef. Food came out pretty fast and there were no errors for our 7 top table. We had appetizers and entrees most of us. BUT! We had an absolute lovely waitress and she made us feel really welcome and we had a nice (and quick) dinner. Too bad we were the only ones in the restaurant that saturday evening at 9pm. It felt really weird. We decided to cut our evening short at this restaurant to go to a karaoke bar across the street instead.
- Eat At TapenadebillgDined on 3/13/2014The texture and the taste of gnocchi was a singularly good experience. I would return to Tapenade strictly to eat this. Sublime.Special Features:
- The main courses were verylibbabeVIPDined on 3/10/2014The main courses were very good. The salads were not so good- too much tasteless greens and no dressing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be backFiddleDeeDeeVIPDined on 3/8/2014Early dinner on a whim turned into a very pleasing experience. Chef knows how to dress a salad and even though the duck was a bit over-cooked, it was not tough in the least. Great flavors, refreshing ideas. Friendly, efficient service. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good, food overcame serviceInItToWinItDined on 3/4/2014The food was excellent - so much of it! And all high quality. The specials are too good to beat as well. The one downer, the service. We asked probably a million times for water, and the pacing was slightly off I thought. The servers were nice, just slow and inattentive. I would still go back for the value and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedlmellonVIPDined on 3/3/2014Had the arugula salad with artichokes, lamb agnolotti, and scottish salmon. Artichoke pieces were tough and hard to chew. Agnolotti came with an inappropriate sweet sauce that ruined the dish for us. The salmon was served over shaved fennel and was just okay. First time I've been to a restaurant where you had to pay for bread. In this case, it was supposed to be a rosemary country bread, but were really just slices of toast without much flavor and it is brought to you in a tin can, without butter or olive oil. Server was very nice but the service itself was not very good. No manager to be seen anywhere. The wood chairs were very uncomfortable. We wanted to like this restaurant but ended up disappointed and would not go back.
- The staff made the placecontroledmessDined on 3/1/2014The wine selection was great and the food was delicious but the waitress that we had helped us pick the right now helped us pick foods when we were indecisive and was just in general a very sweet person. I loved it and will return.Special Features:
- Outstanding gourmet foodYonirVIPDined on 2/28/2014We dined in Tapenade last Friday and loved it!! The food was delicious and the presentation was superb! Highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Not that greatmegsnbaconVIPDined on 2/26/2014The food is so so and the service is hit or miss. Been here twice now and the first visit was great for dinner but my lunch experience was not so good. The ONLY dish worth mentioning is the Pork Belly....just wish it came with a side of better service. I wouldn't recommend this place to a friend as the other dishes lacked in flavor (truffle French fries...weird) or were over done. This place would be rated only 1-star if their pork belly wasn't sooooo good.
- a delicious and delightful mealwendalaDined on 2/25/2014as foodies, my husband and i dine out frequently, but almost always choose restaurants based on friends suggestions, or because we like the chef or have read a proper review. however, tapenade came to us through a yelp newsletter and i'd never done that before. lured in my the promise of 5 different kinds of brussels sprouts. our whole experience there, from ambience to service to the food itself, was terrific. we happened in on a tuesday night, when they offer a 29. dollar choose three items special. the portions were extremely generous and absolutely delicious. we enjoyed bacon wrapped dates, ahi tuna apps, grilled fish, and ny strip steak. such a pretty restaurant, perfect for a date or group. we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good food, service,JoansterDined on 2/22/2014Really good food, service, ambiance...can't wait to get back there...joanSpecial Features:
- Not as good as it used toOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/18/2014Not as good as it used to be. Don't think I'll return. Lots of other choices in West LA.
- We dined with another couple.pepsiVIPDined on 2/8/2014We dined with another couple. Our waitress was lovely and super helpful since we brought a bottle of wine that turned out to be corked. She decanted it and it came back quite a bit. Super knowledgeable and helpful. Food was delicious and we shared most plates. It was recommended to us and we will return. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a visit!DrShorterVIPDined on 2/7/2014You should definitely give this place a try. We did a few weeks ago and had a GREAT meal. The food was fantastic. I wish we were more hungry to try more items. I look forward to going back. The review was not perfectly scored though because all the seating was so tight. You are less than two feet from other diners at all times it seems. We asked to be moved to bar to have some space but then we were sort of left lost between the attention of two or three people. No one seemed to know who should take our orders, or add items to the order, etc.. But the staff was very nice otherwise. I'm happy this place has just come to the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Great FoodJaneVIPDined on 2/1/2014We have eaten at this restaurant over and over. It is always delicious with great service as well. It really does not get any better!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Change Of PaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2014Dedicated service and delicious tasting plates, combined with an interesting wine list make this a great new find for our regular rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went as a group and forBetzDined on 1/28/2014We went as a group and for sure would have all appreciated if the dineLA menu was a bit more similar to the one posted online, especially if an additional course was being expected. Service was very friendly but a bit slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulCathyVIPDined on 1/28/2014Our first time experience was wonderful. The food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I rated this a little lowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/27/2014I rated this a little low because we chose this restaurant for the Dine LA menu that was online, it was a little misleading since it was a different menu at the restaurant. Our server was ok, she just didn't seem excited to be there. As for the food, the first course was good but entree were overcooked.
- AwesomeTweeDined on 1/25/2014The good was amazing and the service was spectacular! I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cook manages to juggle manyjzelmVIPDined on 1/25/2014cook manages to juggle many diverse "mediterannean" influences quite well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always phenomenal!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 1/18/2014Food is always phenomenal! The chef whipped up our favorite fig jam; however, we found they had decreased the size of their portions(15%ish). This just made us fight amongst ourselves for every single one of those French Brussels sprouts! Phenomenal flavor on every single item. Only disappointing menu item was the coffe; we think they changed suppliers since our last visit. The waiter was also pretty slow, but this is probably due to them being under-staffed on the floor! Tapenade is a must in the west la area!Special Features:
- We're definitely going backPashn8VIPDined on 1/17/2014We had a quick bite here before a movie and didn't get a chance to linger, so we'll definitely go back. The food was excellent. Katie was terrific and attentive. We looked out on the patio with envy thinking it would be a great place to hang on a summer night. We can imagine this place filling up on a weekday evening with a cool bar scene. Great Westside option and much more pleasant than Westside Tavern before a movie at the Landmark or Laemmle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite restaurantJK3232Dined on 1/11/2014Happened upon this hidden gem and couldn't be happier. Have to return soon to try more dishes - the brussels sprouts are amazing and will change the way you look at the misunderstood veggie. Everything is fresh and flavorful, and the atmosphere is cozy and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish I had more room in my stomachOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2014I've never been to a restaurant that has hit my sweet spot in so many ways. I am not a foodie by nature, however, every single dish my girlfriend and I tried at Tapenade went above and beyond my expectations for such an affordable meal. The Brussels Sprouts (which brought us to Tapenade) lived up to all the hype on Yelp. They were amazing - soft, tender, crispy, and delightfully flavorful. My poor written descriptions here would do a disservice - its worth it to go there just to try them. We followed up with an appetizer sauteed mushroom and polenta dish which again, blew our minds. Our entrees followed up a superb performance and left my girlfriend and I talking about this restaurant to all our friends and family for the next 3 days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unmet potentialkatyVIPDined on 1/11/2014The food was good overall, but unfortunately have to agree with previous reviewers that the service is quite poor (referring to waitress only - bus boys, etc. were great). Between the attitude from the waitress and loud atmosphere, it was difficult to enjoy the meal/justify going back.
- Nice restaurant, horrible food.RichaDined on 1/10/2014I know the yelp rating for this restaurant is great, but we couldn't have been more disappointed with the food and service. The restaurant has a nice ambiance and a good atmosphere and great for a special occasion. However, the food and the cost of food just didn't cut it. The brussels sprouts were the only highlight, while all our main entrees were bland and overall didn't have much of a flavor. The server often got confused with our orders and one of our main entree took forever to come (over 45 minutes).Special Features:
- A great surprisecbinsawtelleDined on 1/9/2014We discovered this restaurant a few months ago, and were amazed by the quality and originality of the food. The first few times we went the place was basically empty- but the last time it was bustling. The location can be off putting- but the interior of the restaurant is really well done, and the food is really the draw.Special Features:
- Comfy Spot for Drinks and FoodDrRichVIPDined on 1/4/2014My party of five had terrific plates and drinks before a movie and the Westside Pavilion. I couldn't ask for more prompt and nice service with nice quality food and a comfy corner table with a couch. I found the place through OpenTable and was glad I did!Special Features:
- Great food. Superb service.WestsideNomNomVIPDined on 1/3/2014I brought my gf here for her birthday. Our host, servers, and barbacka were all fantastic. They remembered our names and brought out dessert w a candle. She loved the food and particularly the sangria. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A WLA gemLAguyVisitingVIPDined on 1/3/2014From start to finish, a great meal, with impeccable service. The host, Matthew, was top notch. He was on the move constantly, helping expedite service by doing everything from refilling water glasses to helping clear tables and take orders. Highlights include the Tunisian brussel sprouts, baby artichoke salad, and goat cheese tapenade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but inflexible kitchenfoursomeDined on 12/30/2013Brussel sprouts, fixed in a variety of ways, are a star feature of the menu and they are delicious. However, every brussel sprout dish has nuts. The kitchen refused to accomodate the nut allergy in our group and refused to leave nuts out of any of the brussel sprouts dishes. We had a table of six, for a birthday, and spent quite a lot of money. It was actually quite bizarre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Mediterranean FlavorsJaneVIPDined on 12/30/2013We selected Tapenade through Open Table and Yelp reviews. We spoke to the owner and the restaurant is relatively new- one year old. The plates are easily sharable. There had different types of brussel sprouts appetizers and selected one based on the server’s recommendation. Our party had the short ribs, oven roasted chicken and the salmon special---all excellent. The only reason the service gets 4 stars instead of 5 stars is that I ordered a Bellini (drink special) while eating my appetizer and it was not served until after I finished my main meal. The owner came over and apologized and offered a complimentary glass of wine which was thoughtful. Validation for parking is available.Special Features: