Tapasitas Tapas + Bar
800 West 6th Street
Austin, TX 78701Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Tapasitas Tapas + Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tapasitas.com/
- Phone: 5124369633x
- Hours of Operation:
Tapas: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday 6:00pm-10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Bar: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday 6:00pm-11:00pm, Saturday; 5:00pm - 11:00pm;
Happy Hour: Tuesday All Day Wednesday- Thursday: 6:00pm - 7:30pm
REVERSE Happy Hour: Friday 9:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Comfort Food, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Jessica Wagnon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Tapasitas has access to the most high-end provisions but offers expertly prepared cost-conscious options as well.
BUSINESS DINNERS| BACHELORETTE| SOCIAL GROUPS| WEDDING PARTIES| BIRTHDAYS| BIRTHDAY CAKES
Contact us to plan your special party or catered event. We will customize your event to make it special, from the details of the food, service, and overall hospitality. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Private Party Facilities: Tapasitas Tapas + Bar is a modern, multi-level entertainment venue perfect for any event. Our highly-trained kitchen staff, managers, and service staff are eager to make your birthday celebration, business meeting, luncheon, or wedding rehearsal a success. We offer small spaces for intimate get togethers and larger areas for more extravagant events. We will work with you to create a menu and timeline that fits your style, vision, and budget. Since nearly everything we offer is made in-house, we have no problem accommodating special dietary needs, given advanced notice.
- Private Party Contact: Tori Tinnon 5124369633x
- Entertainment: Tapasitas Tapas + Bar offers weekly entertainment attractions including local musicians and welcomes cigar aficionados and other eclectic groups.
- Special Events:
A word from Tapasitas Tapas + Bar
Tapasitas is a tapas bar that makes its home in the very heart of downtown Austin. Tapasitas offers an assortment of hot + cold tapas, classic + modern cocktails, espresso, desserts + cigars to all who visit. With a patio that can turn any season into patio season and a view of Austin's bustling West 6th Street, Tapasitas makes for the perfect start or finish to any evening on the town.Continued
Austin owned & operated.
Austin owned & operated.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tapasitas Tapas + Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (17)romantic (12)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (10)special occasion (7)late-night find (6)neighborhood gem (5)notable wine list (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Original, Creative, Artistic!NewtoAustinDined on 9/2/2014Our party of 5 completely enjoyed every dish. The cheese plater was wonderful! The arugula pizza with the truffle oil and marmalade was absolutely out of this world. Everyone should take some time to enjoy this original restaurant.Special Features:
- Great new placeAustintouristVIPDined on 8/29/2014I visited Tapasitas on a Friday evening with two friends. The servers and staff were all very kind and eager to be helpful, which was most appreciated. Service was a little unpolished, but that should by no means discourage you from dining here. The food and drinks were delicious and beautifully prepared. It's clear that the chef is very talented. We enjoyed everything we ate, especially the gnocchi entree, which was outstanding. As so many are today, our party had a variety of dietary restrictions -- one gluten-intolerant, one vegetarian -- and so we appreciated how clearly the dishes were marked in respect to this. It made navigating the menu and ordering a breeze! Plan to visit and sit outside on the patio soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night OutFoodiByNiteVIPDined on 7/19/2014Went to Tapasitas for dinner before going out to the bars. The food was incredible. It was the perfect size and the perfect price! We ordered a few things to share, and it was all presented beautifully. It tasted wonderful as well. Service was great.Special Features:
- Would definitely go back!icclouseauDined on 7/8/2014Greatly enjoyed Tapasitas and had good food with great service. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!kittycatDined on 6/28/2014Was in town for the weekend to visit my sister, found this delicious spot on Yelp. Everything we tried was amazing!Special Features:
- Great experienceGnightoutDined on 6/14/2014We went to tappasitas for girls night out and had a wonderful time. Our water was very attentive even to our water glasses sweating on the table. He came by and wiped it up for us. I thought he definitely went the extra mile in his job. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty AveragesteinVIPDined on 6/5/2014The food was nice, but not great. When we got there the music was way loud for the crowd. Sounded like a Jimmy Hendrix concert - didn't match the setting or food. The server was great and agreed and had it turned down. Fairly small list of food choices for a Tapas restaurant. Wine list was lacking - especially Spanish wines.Special Features:
- Memorable food, drink and servicemelongirlDined on 5/31/2014I will definitely be back! I loved our drinks, our food, and the ambiance and service.Special Features:
- The following 35 reviews are from the Tapasitas Tapas + Bar reviews archive.
- GREAT BRUNCHJimCVIPDined on 5/18/2014Outstanding food and Bloody Mary Bar. Jezebel French Toast and Crab Cakes Benedict were our favoritesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TapasAyariDined on 5/13/2014Loved the pork belly.. I am not usually a parsnip fan, but the puree was delicious. The Mel i Mató is a must :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service and drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Happy hour is more the way to go. A little pricey for meSpecial Features:
- Satisfying experienceEatingOutIsFunDined on 4/26/2014We visited Tapasitas Tapas + Bar for the first time on a Saturday evening at 6 p.m. We were the first to arrive, but we liked that. We sat outside next to Shoal Creek and enjoyed the view. By the time we left at 7 p.m. several other diners had joined us. The band was setting up when we arrived, but never played while we were there. The service was excellent. Our waiter was attentive and helpful. The food was very good. We enjoyed the small portions and shared five different items, all good. There was also a good wine list and we enjoyed trying some brands that were new to us.Special Features:
- TastyDeliciousVIPDined on 3/28/2014Reasonably priced Tapas with lots to choose from. The pizza crust is delicious and enough for a meal. A little too much batter on the shrimp. Crab balls were very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just So SoAustinDinerDined on 3/21/2014The service was fantastic, our waiter was extremely professional, prompt and knowledgeable. Unfortunately, that is where the good news stops. The mushrooms were something an amateur cook could do on his first weekend, the batatas were cheese fries (the potatoes were well cooked) with WAY to much smoked paprika, Salmon tartar was just OK, raw oysters were good. Ambiance was fun, so if they could just get a decent menu together they would have an awesome place
- Terrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/20/2014A reservation was made for a large group WELL in at advance,2 mo, but upon our arrival we found there was only 1 waiter for our party of 20 people. Drink & food orders came out sporadically and very late. All of us were extremely hungry when our food began to arrive in bits and pieces... When we confronted the waiter about how poor the service was he made the excuse that there was another large party in the other room. And was unapologetic, maybe that would have been an appropriate time to go to your manager and let them know we were unhappy and ask for some backup!! By the way, the restaurant was nearly completely empty other than the two parties. AND the other party was sitting in the bar.
- ok tapas,few selection, slow servetexasDined on 3/6/2014good tapas, not much selection, service a bit slowSpecial Features:
- First visit to Tapasitas...LouieDined on 3/1/2014Was very impressed from the moment we stepped in to the place. A very attentive staff and our server was well prepared to discuss everything on the menu. It was a Saturday night and they had a good crowd, but service did not skip a beat. Each dish was very flavorful and we especially enjoyed the chicken albondigas, the empanadas, brussel sprouts and the salmon skewers. The special for the evening was a tempura shrimp skewer and it was outstanding as well. They have a great drink menu and a good selection of wines. The music was a bit too loud and some of the techno beats made it hard to have a conversation, but it was an outstanding experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ServicetapasitasnobuenoDined on 2/22/2014The service at this place was terrible. Either they put an unexperienced waitress on a 6 top, or they weren't prepared for a busy Saturday night. I haven't had as terrible of an experience as I had at Tapasitas ever. Not going back, wouldn't recommend to anyone. Food was good, but the service overshadowed anything positive about the experience.
- We liked the variety on theGarryWDined on 2/22/2014We liked the variety on the menu and the specials... we tried 8 different items and all were excellent. The option of being able to go out to the patio and to have a cigar is also a nice feature.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I broke my rule of not goingmjrod13Dined on 2/20/2014I broke my rule of not going to new restaurants until after they have been open for 6 months..........again. That being said, the service and atmosphere of Tapasitas are excellent. We made a reservation for 4 and were sat promptly. This place is huge, lots of tables both inside and outside. Unfortunately, the food was pretty bland all around. Dishes looked good on paper but lacked execution. Lots of good drinks on the menu and they all came out as expected. I'll be back for drinks especially on the huge outside patio but it will be awhile before I eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun find!ToonskisDined on 2/20/2014We really enjoyed the wine and tapas. We will be back with friends for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty darn goodladyinredDined on 2/15/2014Great, a bit pricey but overall a great experience! I love tapas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceTyroneDined on 2/14/2014Was excited to come for valentines day. Made reservations several days prior and was seated in a weird bar area in the corner - no one came to take our drink order for 20 mins so I finally complained to the host. After that was settled the waitress was very nice and accommodating and thing went smoothly. Great food and drinks - wished our table and first impression was better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulMikeyDined on 2/14/2014Excellent meal with very attentive staff. The Craballs were delicate and not over breaded as many others are. The tenderloin skewers were perfect. We found the Tres Leches desert a little underwhelming but an interesting try. More of a bread pudding. Cocktail menu was inviting and our choices were Champagne cocktail for her. Lime Daiquiri for me. The value was excellent and we are looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- Terrible FoodAustinKPVIPDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I ate here for Valentine's Day and were baffled by terrible food and drinks. Martinis were made wrong. Pork belly was dry. Albondigas were indelible. Crab balls were served on thick sauce resembling stadium nacho cheese. I'm rarely moved to write a review, much less a negative one, but the food was surprisingly awful.
- Food okay but service lousyMelindaDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I had reservations at Tapasitas Tapas + Bar on Valentine's Day. We enjoyed the atmosphere and the food was good, but the service was lousy. After we were seated, it was at least 15 minutes before anyone appeared to take our drink order. We ordered two round of tapas and drinks. After the first round, it was 30+ minutes before one of the dishes came. We asked our wait person about the dish and it was obvious that she had either forgotten to put the order in or forgotten to bring it to us. I realize the restaurant is new and probably still working out the kinks, but the service was so distracting and disappointing that we won't be returning any time soon.Special Features:
- meh?RosieATXVIPDined on 2/14/2014I wasn't really impressed with Tapasitas' lunch offerings. We were hoping for at least a little bit of the tapas on the menu but they have a different menu for lunch. Maybe I'll go back for tapas in the evening. But I wouldn't recommend it for lunch. We spend $40 and the portions were too small to be filling, I had to go get a snack at Whole Foods right after!
- Good food with great varietyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/4/2014We entertained a group of business associates. The menu selection was wonderful. I think a tapas menu is a great way to open up discussions on many topics.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/31/2014Food was amazing and we tried most on the menu. Highly recommend!!!Special Features:
- Worth it if during happy hourMauricioDined on 1/31/2014Their reverse happy hour is a good deal for food, but they make their money back with small, expensive drinks. Most are $10 and that's the happy hour price. Expect to wait at least 15 minutes each time you order one. They were tasty and inventive though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't waste your moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2014Horrible service and food. It was impossible to read the menu because of lighting and printer was "broken" Server mocked us and said we didn't know to eat tapa style then became very defensive. This is a new place and it won't last long. Do not go here. Food was also terrible. Specialty drink made wrong and server took a straw out of her pocket to try my drink in front of us! Wow! Sad we wasted our time and money!
- Great for a fun night outfabeatsDined on 1/18/2014Great for a fun night out with friends. It was great not having to commit to one meal and being able to sample so many little bites. The salmon tartare and baked feta were my favorites.Special Features:
- not what i would have expectedChrisDined on 1/11/2014And I love tapas. This place had mediocre food and spotty service. On a Saturday night at 8 pm, they told us when we sat down, that if we wanted a flatbread pizza it was an hour weight. we ordered drinks and my friend's drink they couldn't make (green apple martini). OK I get that. then she comes back and says they are out of my other friend's beer. asked for a different one and out again. There was a dish called Batatas something. I asked the waitress what it was (sweet potatoes) she tells me it's just regular wedge fries with cheese. OK, then spell it right. Her answer was well this is more a global restaurant than a Spanish restaurant. if you write it in Spanish, it should be spelled right or the right thing. Not going back or recommendSpecial Features:
- Great little place tucked into W.6tSteveVIPDined on 12/27/2013Had a great dinner with an excellent bottle of wine! The music was a little loud, but overall an excellent venue for a good conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jury's still outFoodieX4VIPDined on 12/18/2013We enjoyed the ambience very much. It was a special family occasion so we chose this restaurant for the ambience. They have a good array of tapas to choose from no matter your dietary preferences. The cocktails by our cocktail drinker were given a so-so rating. His verdict: Intereresting combination but nothing to write home about. The potato tapas was delicious! As was the gnocchi. The pizza was good but not a Wow! The olive plate was good, again, not great. Service is always very good. Our second visit, we had a good time, but I don't know, it feels as if they haven't quite hit 100% yet.Special Features:
- Came across this place whileOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/14/2013Came across this place while searching online and it was well worth it. The food was great! The service was awesome! And there is a great patio with heaters for the few days of winter we get around here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and awkwardAnn0618Dined on 12/13/2013The restaurant is too loud. The floors are cement and the walls are glass. There is music playing and a vibrant bar . There is nothing to absorb the sound. We were at a narrow, long table and sitting in these huge chairs that could not be moved easily. So it was hard to hear each other. The table got crowded with all the tapas dishes and utensils kept falling off the table. If was too narrow and the seating was awkward. I will only go back if a group is going. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- Friday nightRelostrat1Dined on 11/16/2013These guys were way in the weeds. It was however Formula1 weekend. Food was good but service was so slow that we canceled in them even bring us our last couple of tapis.Special Features:
- Great ambiance but poor servicefoodie013Dined on 11/15/2013Made reservations for 4 people. We had some out of town friends visiting. My boyfriend and I arrived early and we're seated right away. We weren't given a drink menu to start. We waited for the host to get us one and it took a while, we ended up flagging down a waiter to get one for us. Finally when the menu came we went ahead and ordered a couple drinks as we waited for our two friends to arrive. It took 30 minutes for me to get my drink, unacceptable. After our friends joined us at the table the service picked up, but we had been put in sour mood after that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Becoming a Tapas ConvertBillBDined on 11/15/2013I always left tapas places a bit hungry due to the modest portions and pricey plates, but we were headed to F1 fan fest and did not want a big meal so we gave Tapasitas a try. Other than the pork belly bites all of the plates were reasonably sized and priced. And all the food was very good. Favorites were the shrimp skewers and veggie pizza. Brussel sprouts in a vindaloo sauce was my date's favorite. Also, I very much appreciated the pricing of wine by the bottle at about 3x the cost of a glass (most places are 4x). Service was a little slow apparently due to F1, but we really enjoyed the outdoor patio view and will defiinitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.