Tapas Restaurant Flavors of Spain
4253 Martingale Way
Newport Beach, CA 92660Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Tapas Restaurant Flavors of Spain
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://tapasnewportbeach.net/
- Phone: 9497568194
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 6:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin / Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Full catering menu available on website at Tapasnewportbeach.net We can bring the restaurant to you, with food, servers and entertainers.
- Private Party Facilities: Host your private event at Tapas Restaurant and treat your guests to delicious cuisine and exquisite service. Our talented chefs and attentive staff will accommodate each unique need while exceeding every expectation.
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 8773278197
- Entertainment: Flamenco Dinner Shows every Friday and Saturday at 8PM. Open menu with show charge. Salsa dance lessons every Friday and Saturday at aprox 9PM, with fee. Parties over 15p require set menu. Bachata lessons every Sunday at 9PM, with fee. Salsa DJ Dancing on Friday, fee for entrance. Salsa Bands on Saturday, fee for entrance. Bachata DJ dancing on Sundays. Tango lessons with Dance Milonga every Wednesday. Fee for lessons and entrance.
A word from Tapas Restaurant Flavors of Spain
Bienvenidos! Welcome to Tapas Flavors of Spain. Tapas opened in Newport Beach in 1992 and offers you authentic Spanish Cuisine and our famous Flamenco shows. With a great history of entertainment, we offer Flamenco shows every Friday and Saturday and Tango on Wednesdays. For late night dining, try some of our traditional Spanish Paella, Baked Empanada's, Churro's con Chocolate or patio Taco Bar. You can come and have some of our famous homemade Sangria or Mojitos while you dance to Salsa DJ's and Bands in our nightclub, Fri - Sun. We are located near the Orange County Airport.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tapas Restaurant Flavors of Spain reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (6)late-night find (6)special occasion (4)neighborhood gem (3)romantic (3)fit for foodies (2)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (2)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- improved foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Been here in the past mainly for the entertainment and not the food. Was pleasantly surprised with an improvement on the food. Had the snapper with red sauce and it was great. Wonderful night with great friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TapasLarryDined on 10/3/2014The food, we had the Tapas, was excellent and very authentic. Their wine flights had a good selection and variety. The Flamenco show was very entertaining. I would recommend it for a good Spanish experience.Special Features:
- MarcialDined on 9/26/2014The food was not good quality. The Resturasnt needs a good cleaning Very dusty.
- nightclub doubling as a restaurantGregorDined on 9/23/2014This is really an Night club doubling as a restaurant, if you want to go some where for Salsa dancing this might be the place. The food however, well there are better choices...Special Features:
- It's a nightclub that serves FoodJustfunDined on 8/29/2014Not a fine dining experience, the food was okay. I would say that they have good selection of tapas, but nothing to get excited about. our group sampled various dishes, The Paella dishes were the best, the figs wrapped in bacon was an excellent dish. Their sangria a bit alcoholic, not my favorite. I was a very disappointed with the very tired and dark decor and the flamenco show was not memorable. It certainly was not the dancer or musicians fault, it's one dancer doing the dancing far away from audience in a very dark room. The salsa lesson was short and then you are not told you will need to pay $5, until you are on on the dance floor. This is a fun place to dance, but I'd skip the good All together.Special Features:
- Good food & entertainmentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014I have been there several times for salsa nights. Tonight was the first time to actually experience dining and to watch the flamenco show, followed by salsa dancing. The food was better than I expected, and the server was very patient and accommodating. While I enjoyed the flamenco show, I must say that the stomping is quite loud, so it's hard to carry conversation with friends. The salsa lesson looked fun (my friends joined, I did not) and the dancing afterward was fun as well. Great place to hang out with friends!Special Features:
- Awesome!winemaster81Dined on 8/23/2014The food was great, as well as the atmosphere and service. I will definitely come back!Special Features:
- ChangednjoyDined on 8/16/2014We'd been here years ago. It was NOT as great as we remembered, neither food nor atmosphere. The show was enjoyable, however.
- Birthday celebration.70BashDined on 8/2/2014We had a wonderful time. Entertainment was enjoyable. We were looking for a dinner show and we found one. After the Flamenco show, we were entertained by the serious salsa dancer aficionados who go to Tapas Restaurant for the live salsa band. Everyone in our group enjoyed their dinner entrees. The sangria and Estrella Spanish beer were a hit. We will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 166 reviews are from the Tapas Restaurant Flavors of Spain reviews archive.
- Like I'm on a vacation in SpainE55AMGDined on 6/21/2014Fabulous dining with a ...where else can you have all this under one roof in one evening?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not like the last timeNotsohappyDined on 5/31/2014The menu is much smaller than the last time I was there. For my taste, the music was way too loud. We went there for dinner and dancing, but the music was so loud just the vibration was enough to make you move. I like to be able to hear the people who are sitting at my table. Also once the band starts playing if you get up to dance some of the people who did not make reservations will come and sit at your table. The next time, if there is one, I will let the folks who steal my table pay my bill.Special Features:
- Salsa dancing yes, food nosalsera5Dined on 5/23/2014Starting with the good, the sangria was tasty. I ordered vegetable paella. The vegetables were not steamed long enough and the knife was so dull, I couldn't cut them to eat them. I did enjoy watching the flamenco dancing alongside a guitar player and a singer. This is also a great place to go salsa dancing. Large dance floor, and great DJ, but I would suggest skipping the food.Special Features:
- Very good dining placebrwngrlDined on 5/10/2014Food and service very good. The flamenco show very nice and Chino Espinoza band fantastic.Special Features:
- From a Spaniard herselfAndieDined on 5/9/2014My moms's paella is better. That said, the tapas themselves are delicious, but the sangria was watered down with the cheapest house red wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pros/consGigiDined on 4/12/2014pros: good food, good drinks, good music cons: service was horrible! we only saw our waitress when she took our order and brought our food. we had to waive her down for additional drinks. went to the bathroom and she was leaning over a counter flirting with a guy. but she didn't have to worry about a tip because they add a 18% tip at the end. she definitely did not deserve $62!!
- I went on a Friday night forLarryDined on 4/11/2014I went on a Friday night for the dinner and show. They offered a good selection of hot and cold tapas as well as a good Spanish dinner menu. The show was a very good Flamenco show and after the show they had Salsa lessons. The dance floor was packed with people learning the dance and having a very good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 ½ Stars at bestXTIAN3000Dined on 4/11/2014The food was eh. The flamenco show was strangely... distant. The act needs one more dancer and one more musician for it to be memorable. There's are salsa dance lessons after the flamenco show. Many folks participated in that event. I believe it turns into a salsa/bachata dance club later, so that's cool. A lot of participating dancers.Special Features:
- Restroomsrm23Dined on 4/5/2014Four stars because our food was amazing. Our server was sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- has been betterlocalsDined on 3/30/2014we've been here before & it's always interesting. we don't like crowds so we avoid the flamenco/salsa nights but i'm sure it's good. this evening we had a young adults lessons going on & it was fun to watch, and not noisy! the food flavors are always good. this evening the meat was a little overcooked & the veggies were under cooked. not the usual for here. the pork dishes & the skirt steak are really good. we've never tried the seafood.Special Features:
- Saturday nightPanchDined on 3/29/2014My girl and I had lots of fun beginning with the flamenco show and then having dinner and finishing it off with dancing and to top it all off it was a live salsa band!!!! Awesome experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Husband's birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014Had an awesome time at Tapas. Flamenco show was outstanding. Food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the show...AndresDined on 3/29/2014We went on a Saturday night to see the Flamenco Show. The show was great. The dancers we fantastic and the guitar players we even better. The restaurant was fair. The food was poor. The service was non-existent. The salsa lessons could have been great if they had organized who could and couldn't participate better. You need to buy a ticket for the salsa lesson when you come for the show, but no one tells you. By the time you find out, you've already missed part of the lesson. My advice...go for the flamenco show and have some drinks. Everything else will be a disappointment.Special Features:
- Not so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014Before I mention the negatives, I will start with the positives: 1. The Flamenco Show was very fun to watch and 2. The Sangria was delicious. The negatives: The food was very poor. I ordered pasta with chicken, the pasta was way overcooked and the chicken was dry even with the alfredo sauce. Someone else at my table ordered pasta with salmon and they also go overcooked pasta and a bland flavor. It's way overpriced for the quality of food we received.
- Always a great spotTustinsweetheartsDined on 3/13/2014Took 4 out of town colleagues there and we ordered a the house paella and several tapas items. Great way to debrief after a long day and have a casual dining experience. There were only a few other tables full so we had a quiet spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was awful. seafood paellaibizaDined on 2/15/2014food was awful. seafood paella was possibly contained spoiled mussel and tasted bad.. lamb chops were tough. pork was bland and flavorless. drinks were weak and the flamenco was mediocre at best. however the salsa band was great and the salsa dancing was very. good. by the way my wife is Spanish.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014I was very disappointed at the service provided. Our food arrived 1 1/2 late and our food dishes did not arrive at the same time. I had to sit and wait for another 10 to 12 minutes while everyone else's food came out. The food was not warm either. Our waitress lumped everyone on the same check and didn't itemize our drinks. We couldn't tell how much to pay towards the bill. We never got our birthday dessert either. When I made the reservation I specifically said it was a birthday celebration and I was told the waiters would be asked to do something. Nothing was done, the birthday person was never acknowledged and nothing was done to compensate for our food having been served so late! The service was terrible.Special Features:
- Major disappointmentB00gerheadDined on 2/15/2014They opened 10 minutes late. The host was not welcoming and walked us to a table in middle of the dining room and dropped menus and walked away. It was so dark we needed flashlight to read menu. When asking waitress what she recommended she pointed to the sampler platter. Portions were small, was not hot and the aoli was as thick as toothpaste and almost no flavor. Our guess is it was just mayonnaise. After 2-1/2 hours we tried to get the check, this took 25 min. This place has so many problems it's hard to know where to start. Just drive past and enjoy a happy meal...!
- Good food, interesting atmosphere.LmgsalsaDined on 2/14/2014Good food, interesting atmosphere. Service was good. Music and show were very nice leading to a nice overall dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner ShowOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014The foods was good but not outstanding. The portions was large. However, the Spanish show was less than desirable. The singer voice was no good. The dancers fair better. Overall, the show was boring!Special Features:
- one of a kind experiencegmc1Dined on 2/14/2014Great place service ,people,music flamenco show everything very uniqueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd Wedding AnniversaryPatrickDined on 2/8/2014I want to thank you for showing my wife and I a good evening on our 2nd wedding anniversary. We ate the seafood Peallea(?) it was tasty and afordable. We enjoyed the Flamingo show, and Salsa lessons. I very good nite and a rare affordable evening. I have reccomended your resturant to several people already. We have young childern and don't get to get out much, so when do we have to make count. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayFoodieVIPDined on 1/31/2014Paella was just okay, not nearly as delectable as explained in the reviews. Sides were below expectation. Drinks and flamenco dancer saved the experience.Special Features:
- Great paella and sangria.CBG2Dined on 1/24/2014Great paella and sangria. Atmosphere was unique and eclectic - beautiful dresses adoring the wall and friendly staff. Flamenco show was very enjoyable. Restaurant was very cool and I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceGermanDined on 12/19/2013Food took an hour to arrive and drinks were left bone dry far too long between refills. Food was mediocre and definitely not worth the wait. The dancing and entertainment are great but I'd eat elsewhere first.Special Features:
- VibrantmalibuDined on 11/23/2013Great dancing night club the food was very good would recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experience.FreddieVIPDined on 11/2/2013Disappointing experience. Food was mediocre, show lacked the vibrancy and energy level for a flamingo troupe. Service and location was acceptableSpecial Features:
- Tapas Show and Salsa nightCherDined on 10/23/2013This particular night was their anniversary so they had a buffet instead of the menu so I cannot comment on the food. But the show was excellent and the salsa dancing was fun.Special Features:
- AWESOME PAELLA!!DEBBIEDined on 10/8/2013WE LOVED THE PAELLA - THE WINE - THE WAITRESS - EVERYTHING ABOUT IT. WILL DEFINITELY DINE THEIR AGAIN.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very fun place, food and service OKKiaJoonDined on 9/21/2013We had a great time. The food and service was OK, but could have been a lot better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality of foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/27/2013Not happy with the food. Yes you serve a large portion which was generous but the quality of the chicken was gross, my husband and I will not have dinner there again. The entertainment was fabulous so it made up for the food. All and all it was worth the money. We will be coming back and bringing others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.