Tapas Papa Frita
7114 E. Stetson Dr. Suite 210
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Tapas Papa Frita
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tapaspapafrita.com/
- Phone: 4806995004
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner 3pm to 10pm Weekdays 3pm to 11pm Weekends
Happy Hour 3pm to 6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Joeseph Gutierrez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off premise catering for 20 - 200 people.
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private dining for parties up to 70 people. Pre-set menu for parties over 16.
- Entertainment: Entertainment: Live Flamenco shows and Spanish guitar on Friday and Saturday Nights from 7pm to 10pm.
A word from Tapas Papa Frita
Authentic Spanish Tapas and Cuisine are the highlight of this view restaurant in Old Town Scottsdale. Live Flamenco shows and Spanish Guitar add to the ambience of Tapas Papa Frita with Award Winning Chef Joseph Guttierrez creating Catalonian, Basque and Andalusian cuisine along with the largest selection of Tapas in the Valley. A full bar and a large selection of Spanish wines round out your dining experience.Continued
Outdoor misted patio seating available.
Outdoor misted patio seating available.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tapas Papa Frita reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (53)great for outdoor dining (52)special occasion (52)romantic (42)good for groups (37)notable wine list (27)neighborhood gem (17)scenic view (16)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (8)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (6)Show More
- Over price for the QualitygridrVIPDined on 9/27/2014The place has a cool vibe on the Friday night when they have flamingo music live.the paella was ok since the seafood was over cooked the favor that was tasty was the shrimp gamabasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceFoodyfriendsDined on 9/26/2014We were lucky enough to catch restaurant week while in Arizona. The meal was fabulous and service good along with fun entertainment. I would have been happy just dining on all the tasty tapas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good experienceNerdyFoodies330Dined on 9/26/2014Overall, we had a good experience. Our waiter wasn't real attentive, but the server at the next table was exceptional. In addition, the food was great! The performers were good. Musicians were great and so were the flamenco dancersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingMMinAZDined on 9/26/2014We visited during Arizona Restaurant week and ordered the special offer. I won't go into those details since I do not know if all that will appear on the regular menu. What is important to know is that the food was really excellent. We would consider ourselves knowledgeable about Spanish food having eaten in some of the finest restaurants across Spain --every thing from Michelin 3 star restaurants to great local places serving tapas / pinchos. We were delighted to be able to have a restaurant in Scottsdale that offers really good Spanish food. We also enjoyed very much the entertainment. Lastly the service was really good as well. We were delighted .... we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- uniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2014the food and presentation were unique went on restaurant week and dinner was a good representation a good cross section of the menu were many tables of 6 + people good vibeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Newlyretired2014Newlyretired2014Dined on 9/26/2014If you haven't dined at Tapas, you are missing out on an amazing food & wine experience! From the minute you are seated, you receive superior attention and are treated like a VIP throughout the meal. This is a must stop during Restaurant Week!Special Features:
- So DissapointedFoodielverDined on 9/24/2014We have dined here many times and found it to be a great place to take out of town guests because of the ambience and food. The service was sloppy, confused, I don't appreciate server assistants picking up my used silver and putting it down to use for my entree course, it should have been replaced. The server was loud and obtrusive, the food came out cold, they brought us a complimentary dessert and then put it on the check. Doubt we ever return, too many choices to risk the experience again.Special Features:
- Great food and service but too loudLuv2eatoutDined on 9/20/2014The food and the service were great. The ambience is great too but it's too loud if you're seatd indoors and they have traditional music and tap dancing going. We had to shout at the top of our lungs to be heard just 2 chairs down. Wouldn't recommend it if you have a big group and want to catch up with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appetizers were amazing!JenniferDined on 9/19/2014appetizers, drinks, and dessert were amazing however, the paella was rather bland but the seafood was cooked very well in it. My friend Had the braised lamb and it looked, smelled, and he said it tasted amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the TapasNaenae2580Dined on 9/19/2014Went for AZ restaurant week with a group of 5 on a Friday night. All the tapas were delicious, seasoned well, and flavorful. The 3 entrees available for ARW were lamb, mahi mahi, and arroz con mariscos. They all had the same rice base, with different proteins mixed in. A little disappointing there, and the flavors weren't as bold as the tapas. The pomegranate mojito was terrible. It tasted like grape juice. It was syrupy sweet, with hardly any rum or mint in it. The red sangria was much better. Dessert was simple and small which fit well to close such a large meal. And if you want to talk to your dinner companions, don't go during flamenco night. No matter where you sit inside, it is too loud to talk without yelling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old MikeAncientOneDined on 9/19/2014The atmosphere of the restaurant set the stage for fine Spanish food. The server was very good and was most attentive to our meeds. The food was served promptly an was served nicely. The food was all excellent.Special Features:
- Always outstanding food and servicegglauDined on 9/17/2014We try to dine at Tapas Papa Fritas every time we're in the Phoenix area and it always is simply excellent, both for food and service.Special Features:
- Always Great!ScottDined on 9/6/20145 stars as usual! I asked to get the AC turned up and apparently the thermostat is controlled by the bldg. mgt. for the entire complex. That needs a work around! With Monsoon season here, all six of us moved on to a cooler restaurant for dessert and a nightcap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas Papa FritaOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/5/2014Our server was nice, but the rest of the staff could use some etiquette lessons and restaurant health code lessons. We asked for straws, she brought them to us, in her hand. She grabbed the top of my glass and then asked was I done. She grabbed the top of all glasses and then asked were we done.....eeeewwwww! The food was fine. The Flamenco was fun! It was quiet for a Friday night. But fun to me and our guests. the health code violations grossed us out and could prevent us from going back again or recommending this place to a friend.Special Features:
- Delightful as usual!idlavivadnahsretlaw44Dined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed a delicious as well as unusual ahi tuna and watermelon appetizer...so good (and light) we repeated it for dessert!! Laura and Vincent were as delightful as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christina67Dined on 8/27/2014Very Expensive for the kind of food and Really empty... Just our table :(
- mjrsDined on 8/23/2014The flamencoe dancing is fun. The owner is outgoing and always seeks to please. The spanish wines are amazing, especially the specials.Special Features:
- My Birthday was wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014I came here because I heard about the restaurant from a friend that said she adores this place. I will have to say that I was impressed by how authentic the food was and the service was great. I ordered a few tapas and a paella. All of the food was wonderful. It reminded me when I went I was in Spain last summer. The owner sure has made a great experience bringing me back to the flavors of Spain. The server was great and helped me find the perfect wine for me and my boyfriend. They made my birthday perfect!!! The server even brought out a special port on the house. It went well with my dessert as well. I want to come back on Friday to see the flamenco! This restaurant is a hidden Jem and I will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow Spain is HereGatutxiDined on 8/13/2014From the decor, ambiance to the first tapas to the paella de pollo excellent ,saffron, chorizo like in pamplona spain i just return from the running with the bulls Gora Y ole Bravo Maestro!!!!Special Features:
- Spanish Tapas????taperoDined on 8/10/2014some tapas were good, others terrible. Stay away from the croquetas and pan con tomate. The jamón serrano was dry and tasteless. Food Prices are reasonable, wine is extremely expensive.Special Features:
- disapointmentshamedDined on 8/9/2014I took my boyfriend on my birthday to try the Paella. It was horrible. I chose the Paella de pollo, saffron rice and chicken dish with Spanish chorizo..what I received was a shallow iron pan with rice STUCK to the bottom of it, which you had to scrape off with your fork, and swimming in oil. 3 small chunks of chicken breast, and what looked and tasted like chopped up hotdog. I was mortified and embarrassed instantly. The dish was priced at $17. I politely mentioned the oil and asked where the Spanish chorizo was. the chef was rude and stated that he does not cook his food for ME specifically and asked that I not return. The hostess never brought our drinks, the waiter was rushed and rude, and also forgot. OVERPRICEDSpecial Features:
- Service worth the waitThePhoenicianDined on 8/2/2014Some reviews said the service is terrible but the food is worth the wait. We felt the service was good but since the place was packed it was a little slow. Not a restaurant to get a quick bite but to sit and enjoy the evening. So slow down, watch the band and relax with some great food.Special Features:
- Check Please RecommendationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/29/2014Restaurant is beautiful. Obvious planning went into décor an building. Great ambiance. Outdoor dining beautiful and intimate. Service was great. Server friendly and engaging and seemed genuinely happy we were there. Tapas were good. Could have been hotter. Luke warm. I like my food hot. Paella was very good, although it appeared it had sat under the warming lamp for a period of time. Unfortunate because we were there on a Tuesday evening and only 4 other couples in the restaurant. We might try it again in the future, perhaps just a bit off that evening. I did discover a fantastic new white wine The Field of Dreams Muscato from Australia. If you like smooth and sweet, I suggest you give it a try!!Special Features:
- SPANISH AT IS BEST!SabrosoDined on 7/26/2014I lived in Spain for 6 years during my military years and for me the food was awesome! once we moved i always wanted to eat at spanish restaurants. We tried eating at spanish restaurants in Maryland, Washington D.C., St Louis and we very disappointed. We now live in Phoenix Arizona and we found the perfect spot (Tapas Papa Frita), great location, awesome service and the food is i would say at 99.9%, you have to remember we are in Phoenix and not in Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia, so i do not expect 100% Spanish flavor but in my book they are great! I definetly recommend this restaurant to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience and foodLuv2eatoutDined on 7/25/2014But too loud. It's hard to talk to the person sitting in front of you when they play live music and tap dance. It's fun to watch for 5 min but gets annoying if your're trying to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2014Fabulous and unique food. It's was hard to understand our waiter through his accent but we managed. Great atmosphere with the flamenco dancer and live music! Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time at TapasDealersChoicePhoenixAZDined on 7/19/2014My group of 8 went there on recommendation. The food was excellent! Service was great. Entertainment was great (Flaminco night). I would recommend this resturant to anyone who wants something special. Go there on the Flaminco dancing night. Dealers Choice variety Band Phoenix AZ Ole'Special Features:
- megustasevillaDined on 7/18/2014The gaspacho and the luxury tapas were excellent - really good! The paella, however, was too salty and the chicken used seemed dry and old. The dessert, churros con chocolate, was very rich and tasty.Special Features:
- Great tapasAzbritDined on 7/12/2014Was not sure what to expect really but the atmosphere was great, Flamengo dancer and authentic band. Staff were knowledgable about the food and drinks. We had tapas and paella which were both outstanding, the sangria was wonderful, would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and funJeffDebVIPDined on 7/5/2014It's been a year since our last visit to Tapas. We had a wonderful time and a great meal. For fun, we had the waiter pick our tapas. All were wonderful. Our entrée was Paiea which was done remarkably well. You must try their red sangria and order it by the picture. For both, the sangria the valley.Special Features:
- High expectationsVeggiediners2VIPDined on 7/5/2014My husband and I had high expectations for this restaurant, after seeing it featured on Check Please!, but unfortunately our expectations were not met. The food was good- small plates, just what we thought. Good vegetarian options. The tomato bruschetta was delicious and the caprese salad was also very good. The desserts looked good but were rather bland. Our server was nice but didn't introduce himself, and took very little time to speak with us. It was very hard to hear him over the loud live music. We did see him taking time with other tables, just not ours. We recognized the owner from the TV show and were pleased to see him making the rounds in the dining room, but he ignored us. That really left a bad taste!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- robinDined on 7/3/2014everything was great service (everyone) food and atmosphere loved it !!! we were there for my friends birthday they made it a wonderful experience for her and all of usSpecial Features:
- azanneVIPDined on 7/1/2014It was our 1st visit & we enjoyed it very much. Our waiter was a help in our selection of tapas.Special Features:
- My experience at Tapas Papa FritaHozaDined on 6/27/2014It was my birthday and I had a great time, the Chef was so nice and friendly and the same foes to the servers.they really made me feel special on this day .i wouldn't have it any other waySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- docvittoDined on 6/27/2014We were at the Tapas Papa Frita for dinner. We were seated immediately and the service given to us was outstanding. The lady who helped us gave great recommendations particularly to one of our companions who is a vegan. The entertainment ( flamenco and superb Spanish guitar player) complemented our meals. The menu even includes what part of Spain the tapas we chose are from. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Poor service and Basic TapasGoodfoodieDined on 6/21/2014My dining experience had room for improvement. 15 minutes to get our drinks. After 50 minutes we had only been served two of our tapas orders. The tapas is good; however basic and lacking creativity. Tapas should be a social interactive experience.... We were waiting for service the entire night. I mentioned it to the front of house manager... She did nothing to make it right.Special Features:
- ServiceFoodie101Dined on 6/21/2014Our food was delicious. The service is really slow, we waited a while for menus not to mention refills on drinks. Took over 30 min to get our check. For the prices the service is not what it should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites!nyloracDined on 6/16/2014We had not dined at Tapas Papa Frita for a couple of years, but this visit was as great as we remembered it. It was a very quiet night, so we got lots of attention, but since it was a special birthday dinner, that was fine with us. ALL of the food was excellent and our service was outstanding. Now that we know there is an elevator from the parking garage, we will dine there much oftener.Special Features:
- Good foodPalitaqDined on 6/15/2014Love it! Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful evening!idlavivadnahsretlaw44Dined on 6/14/2014It was our 2nd visit to their waterfront location, my husbands birthday dinner. We were concerned when we booked the reservation that it might not be as busy and festive in the summer as it had been a few months ago. We were pleasantly surprised that business was great including entertainment...live music and dancer. Food was delicious and service delightful...felt like we were in Spain again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.