Tapas On Main
500 Main Street
Bethlehem, PA 18018Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Tapas On Main
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tapasonmain.com/
- Phone: 6108688903
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:45pm;
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:45pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Rafael Palomino
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Check our website for updates on weekly entertainment including Craig Thatcher & Nyke Van Wyk, Lorenzo from The Big Wahu, Flamenco Guitarists & More!
- Cross Street: W Market Street
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Find a metered spot on the street, or park in the garage located at Walnut & Guetter Streets. We validate up to 2 hrs. Parking is FREE on Sundays!
(For the holidays! FREE metered parking on Saturdays with ParkNOW app on your mobile device)
A word from Tapas On Main
We are an authentic Spanish tapas restaurant & bar in the heart of Historic Downtown Bethlehem. The warm colors and candlelight create a wonderfully rustic, yet cozy feel. Come enjoy our many tapas, salads and entrees, as well as charcuterie & cheeses. We offer many specialty cocktails and feature 7 seasonal Sangrias.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Tapas On Main - Best Restaurants in Bethlehem ›
Tapas On Main reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (44)great for outdoor dining (40)neighborhood gem (37)special occasion (26)hot spot (22)vibrant bar scene (18)good for groups (17)romantic (16)late-night find (15)great for lunch (14)notable wine list (9)great for brunch (7)scenic view (3)Show More
- Outstanding Dining ExperienceDiningWithDanteAndFiaDined on 9/15/2014Excellent menu with lots of exciting choices---much, much more on the menu besides tapas---and the tapas are fantastic! Best Spanish food we've eaten in years; better than most we've tried in Madrid, Seville etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Flan?wishboneDined on 9/13/2014The Tapas were good but the Paella was a bit less than expectations. We were looking forward to Flan for dessert, yet despite being an early in the evening, there was no Flan
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014My husband went there for our anniversary, food was great and the desserts are deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tastyjgb33328Dined on 9/12/2014Avoid the beef tips, they were tough All else goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebratory Dinner a SuccessTableForTwoDined on 9/7/2014There was no part of our evening at Tapas on Main that we did not enjoy. Being our first time there, we looked to our server for guidance with the menu and she was extremely helpful. The opening mixture of meat/cheese was substantial, interesting and flavorful. One each off the tapas to share would have been enough; they are pretty bountiful. We went ahead and ordered two each and shared all four. Highlights were the lamb meatballs (ordered because the lamb chops were out - good second choice) and the calamari, which was very tender. Drinks were ample and well made and the wine list featured some nice choices from Spain. We ended the meal with flan - when in a Spain - inspired restaurant... We live in town, definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining Experiencerednose1963Dined on 9/6/2014Made reservations specifically for a Spanish exchange student we are hosting for the 2014-2015 school year. This was part of her 16th birthday present and the restaurant was closer and less expensive then Philadelphia Spanish restaurants. When we arrived we were seated quickly and waited on immediately. Maria was excited about the offerings on the menu; some of the items were recipes from the region of Spain were she lives. We ordered selections on Maria's advice and the meal turned out to be wonderful! If you are looking for authentic Spanish cuisine at affordable prices, I would highly recommend Tapas on Main.Special Features:
- Not impressedDisappointedDined on 9/5/2014Would not go back. The amount of money you spend on food and the amount of food you get is ridiculous. I know Tapas is supposed to be shared but there wasn't enough to share! Not to mention the food was mediocre.Special Features:
- Delic!CHRISEMTPADined on 9/3/2014Awesome food as usual. Never disappointed. Ambience is great and service is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth the moneyfoodie559Dined on 9/1/2014Food was bland...and expensive. Tea tasted sour, even when fresh brewed....probably need to clean the container. Ew. Meat and cheese platter was good but no cooking involved in that. Tuna was well cooked and seasoned but there was barely any sauce on the plate. Polenta cake was too sweet and the frisee garnish looked sad and wilted. Chicken and chorizo croquettes only tasted like celery...no real chicken or chorizo flavor. Chipotle aioli tasted like plain mayo. Churros were fine but I had better churros at Fiesta Ole. Overall value not great...small portions for the price and they still charged us for the sour tea that I sent back and didn't drink. Will not return.
- Service not to standardChefAlDined on 8/30/2014Have been here several times and have always been very pleased with food, service etc. Ergo, came back. This time waitress just seemed to want us out. Cleared my drink glass before I was done. Cut us off after two rounds of Tapas by asking if we wanted dessert without inquiring if we were done. This time they were not bringing their A game. Will go back, but only to see if they have stepped it up a notch.Special Features:
- Tapas were greatCherVIPDined on 8/30/2014We shared several tapas between three of us. They were so good. Tables are a bit small inside for the the multiple plates you have when sharing tapas. Everything else was fantastic. Great lunch before shopping over at the Sands. Service staff were all attentive and fun.Special Features:
- Found a gemrdavis1583Dined on 8/26/2014My wife and I were first timers in the area and found this gem. My quote after dinner was that I "really hit a home run finding this place." Everything about our experience was great.Special Features:
- Fun Place - Great foodGarthfisDined on 8/24/2014This was our second visit to Tapas on Main and we were not disappointed. Great food and service as before. The noise level is pretty high and they were out of a couple of things, but we had great meals and a great time. Tapas is always fun to share and they have a wide variety of dishes so everyone wins.Special Features:
- Great BrunchKMKJMBVIPDined on 8/24/2014Food and service are consistently excellent. Great way to spend a beautiful sunny afternoon as well as some great people watching.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute PlaceAFC1Dined on 8/23/2014This was our second trip to Tapas and we had another nice evening. The food was not the same as our first trip as it seemed to have more oil and was not quite as delicious as the first time. Still a great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceFrequentdinerDined on 8/22/2014Service terrible, good so so at best, excuses for poor service pretty funny.
- My favorite in BethlehemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Favorite place to share some tapas and sangria with friends or just hang, enjoy and people watch. The service is fantastic - wait staff very knowledgable about the menu and sangrias - each recommendation has been "spot on"! Wish the bar tables were larger - hard to share several sharing tapas and a pitcher of sangria - not much spare space. Would also be nice if the seating area overall were bigger - each time I have been, I am glad I had a reservation through Open Table - popular place and I can see why. Besides the service - the food is great! Wish they would bring back the other humus - not fond of the one they have right now. Otherwise - no food negatives at all - maybe add more to the menu as I have tried almost all of the tapas.Special Features:
- Nice dining experienceRocBobDined on 8/20/2014There was nothing extraordinary about Tapas On Main but we all enjoyed the dinner. We ordered a fairly basic selection of tapas dishes, a couple desserts, and a few drinks. The bill came to $25/person before tip, about what you would expect. Our beet salad was great, the hummus outstanding, and the fries are as good as advertised. The sampler dish was a bit light on cheese. The highlight was the churros plate.Special Features:
- Girls night out.luvsangriaDined on 8/20/2014I think they have excellent sangria. The food was very delicious. We did not wait long for the food. The waiter went missing after the food and drinks were brought to the table. When we were able to get him back to the table he was arrogant towards us. Almost annoyed that we asked to see the dessert menu and get additional drinks.Special Features:
- Disappointed.DrFoodieVIPDined on 8/16/2014Restaurant had nice charm, but it wasn't eye catching, reminiscent of Mexican restaurant decor, minus the southwest flare. Loud inside, very. The acoustics do not lend to a nice quiet night out if it was full like it was, but thats not an issue for us - maybe for some. Sangria was very fun to try, that I will say was worth trying. The best value is to do a $10 flight (not $8/glass). one flight = 1.5 glasses volume. The food was extremely disappointing, as we love tapas. Very "prefab" and heat. No flavor or pizzaz. We had 5 courses, and honestly it was bland. Calamari was rubber. Scallops not pre-dried so shriveled and over cooked rubber. Mussels and Fries - good, but fries wet = mushy quick. $90+ for 2. Food very OverRated IMHOSpecial Features:
- Consistently good voteLvfoodieDined on 8/16/2014I have been at Tapas on Main quite a few times. Their sangria is wonderful. The mussels are always fresh and their flatbread pizzas are unique and flavorful. I have yet to have a bad meal. The servers are always pleasant and helpful with the menu. A great place to come for a light dinner. It does get full so I would suggest you make a reservation especially on weekends.Special Features:
- Delicious VarietyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Excellent food and stellar service. The bar was a little loud, but the food and service more than made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not PacificoDrDonTDined on 8/14/2014Like their old Pacifico restaurant in the Promenade Shops, Tapas on Main has great Spanish food, served well and efficiently, average wine selections, but they had run out of sparkling wines the evening we were there. Also, the noise level was almost unbearable and detracted from an otherwise very enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- Excellent again!rpvaryVIPDined on 8/2/2014My girlfriend and I went to Tapas on Main during Musikfest. It was our second visit to Tapas. It was a nice break to sit down and break away from the crazy crowds around town. We had the Sangria flight again which was excellent. Two orders are nice to share between a couple. This time we tried the french fries, a cheese dish, lamb chops, grilled ahi tuna, and bacon wrapped and blue cheese filled dates. I would highly recommend the lamb and the dates. They are both outstanding. The ahi and the cheese (not from the charcuterie) were both a bit blah and we wouldn't order them again. The fries were great as well and a nice starter. Our server Bri was wonderful and spot on with her recommendations (she recommended our three favorites)!Special Features:
- SurprisedjerseygirlDined on 7/26/2014Surprised because we thought it would be MUCH better than it was. Very disappointed in the food. Maybe if we had done the tapas dishes we would have been better off, there main dishes weren't good at all. My husband and I both ordered the paella, his with meat mine with the seafood. The dishes were mostly rice that was dry. The meat in my husbands dish was dry, the clams and mussels in my dish were soooo small that it got lost in all of the rice. I know the smaller the more tender but these were ridiculous. The service was wonderful and the drinks at the bar were good also. The sangria during dinner wasn't what we expected, we ordered white and when it came to the table it looked like a pitcher of orange juice.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Great food great servie.. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and Great serviceGretchDined on 7/24/2014Since moving to the area I had been reccommended this place specifically for their delicious sangrias. I was surprised to find that their sangrias were not the only excellent menu item! The food was fantastic, fresh and perfectly cooked. The sangria was refreshing and delicious for a summer night! I highly recommend and will be returning for Sangria Thursdays from now on!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor dinner w/ friendsCWReviewsDined on 7/19/2014We were able to get reservations the same day, but don't count on that. The weather was beautiful, and we wanted to eat outdoors which we specified on the reservation request. When we arrived at Tapas on Main we were seated outdoors with no wait. The waitstaff was attentive and informative. We enjoyed the varied sangria choices. Our group ordered from the tapas menu, the entree menu, and the meats and cheeses menu. Everyone in our group enjoyed their food and drinks. We had a leisurely dinner and were not made to feel like we had to rush because they needed the table. Overall, a very pleasant dining experience with friends. I will dine here again.Special Features:
- Tapas on Mainamberfaye29Dined on 7/19/2014Recently visited Tapas on Main for a late birthday celebration for our friend. We made the reservations online which were very helpful. Our server was Miguel who did an outstanding job to provide the best service. The only thing we seemed to be disappointed with was the size if the tapas themselves. They were suggested for sharing, however the portion sizes were extremely small, not at all what we all would have considered a decent appetizer size. For example the scallops tapas came out with only 3 scallops on the plate. With the 6 of us it was kind of pointless, so it was a good thing we ordered 3 other tapas plus our own entrees for dinner. Otherwise the atmosphere was pleasant and we love the Sangrias!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014The wait staff was knowledgeable, friendly and very attentive. The food and drinks were excellent. Would love to come back.Special Features:
- shocking server commentsnochains4usDined on 7/12/2014Normally a very pleasant dining experience, but last weekend we realized how service can impact our overall dining experience. As our server approached and filled our water glasses, a simple question from my husband, as to whether or not the water was filtered, suddenly put our waiter on defense. My husband does not drink alcohol and so indulges in bottled water. As strange as this may sound, it became so uncomfortable that we had to ask to speak with the manager and request another waiter. We never did quite recover from this initial shock even though the new waiter was awesome. The food may have been as good as always, but for us, Tapas on Main has lost its appeal.
- Food and service were excellent!!Cherry12Dined on 7/4/2014This restaurant never fails to impress! The food is always spot on and the sangria is delicious! Love sitting inside or out, a must go to restaurant for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A PA Fav.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/3/2014Love the Sangria and the tapas its our go to place whenever we go to Bethlehem .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sangria!FoodieDined on 6/24/2014Can't get a better glass of sangria around! Wonderful staff, comfortable ambiance and amazing food! Typically enjoy dinner here, but the brunch is also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jen1026Dined on 6/23/2014The Sangrias were delicious! The tapas are very small, they don't include many pieces of bread/chips for the dips, and they were kinda pricey for the amount of food on the plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!Foodie1Dined on 6/23/2014We went with friends for a nice dinner, and Tapas on Main did not disappoint! Even though we were early, we were seated immediately. The hostess was very pleasant. The manager came to our table several times to see how things were and was very friendly and accommodating. JT, our server, was wonderful! We could not have had a more pleasant or polite young man. The drinks were awesome! LOVED the strawberry-peach sangria! The food was absolutely delicious! We would go back again, and would absolutely recommend it to friends!Special Features:
- Quality but not quantity.EdandJoyceDined on 6/21/2014We had traditional tapas and found the quality of the food was very good but the quantity was expensive for the portion, I would qualify that by saying that the oration was smaller then a traditional appetizer portion. We sent the artichoke dip back as the lemon flavor was over powering. We asked the Waite for recommendations and he had none with the exception of the sangria being world known" so we ordered a picture of the peach strawberry inky to find it had NO fruit in it and was far from the best we have we ever had. We mentioned this to the waiter, but he didn't seem to care and did't offer to bring a different flavor to try. The manager only stopped by when we first sat down, but thinking back I should have asked for the manager.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/20/2014We live in Bethlehem - Tapas is a place we take friends that visit because we know it will always be great - we also frequent their sister restaurant Mesa Modern in Easton. Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedfunfoodieDined on 6/20/2014I had been eager to try this restaurant with my girlfriend, especially to introduce her to tapas. Sangrias were wonderful, notably the persimmon. The croquetas de cangrejo (crab croquettes) did not taste as though they had much crab filling, and the papas (fries) were so soggy that not even the Manchego could make uplift the flavor. Albondigas (lamb meatballs) were tasty, though a little fresh garnish would have made them much better. Unfortunately, paella palomino was a huge disappointment. The rice did not have flavor, mussels were few and small, and there were only 2 shrimp, 2 clams, and 1-2 diced scallops. Overall, it went downhill after the sangria and the bland, subpar paella sank the meal.Special Features:
- Distinctive, upscale food.JeffnPADined on 6/20/2014Uniquely Spanish menu (Tapas, paella, etc.), superbly prepared. We shared a shrimp flat bread, two different croquette tapas and a skillet of paella. All were knock-outs. Reasonably priced wine list with good selections. Service was prompt and friendly. Management was notably present, friendly and attentive. We will definitely return soon.Special Features: