218 Court Ave. NW
Canton, OH 44702Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://tapas218.com/
- Phone: 3304563888
- Hours of Operation:
Monday- Friday: 11:00am-10:00pm, Saturday 4:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Darwin Lemus & Enmund Lemus
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Tapas 218 has a private area that can accommodate up to 40 people.
- Private Party Contact: Gillian 3304563888
- Entertainment: In our basement, weekly events with live entertainment,music, and salsa nights!
A word from Tapas 218
Tapas218 is the first and only spanish style tapas restaurant in Canton, OH. We feature regional dishes from Spain and a variety of other well known Latin flavored dishes from South America. YOu can spend your evening in our colorful first floor dining room or opt to go into our cozy basement where you will find our bourbon bar!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Tapas 218 - Best Restaurants in Canton ›
Tapas 218 reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (41)good for groups (36)romantic (33)special occasion (30)neighborhood gem (24)hot spot (16)great for lunch (14)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (10)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Ped1Ped1Dined on 9/13/2014This place is top-notch / food, service and drinks are fantastic and geat atmosphere. We keep going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true Spanish tapas experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014This was our first time to Tapas 218 (although we have been to other tapas bistros many times). The food and presentation were excellent, and also noted a decent selection of Spanish wines. We very much appreciated the option of half-portion entrees so that we could enjoy the excellent small-plate tapas selections. We will definitely return to Tapas 218.Special Features:
- DOCSVIEW49Dined on 8/23/2014The food was very good and arrived in a timely manner. It was earlier in the evening, but it was quiet but lively. The wait staff was exceptionally helpful and attentive. We will definitely return and would like to bring a small group to enhance the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something newDining4funDined on 8/23/2014Great fun for groups with small plate tapas you can easily share. Lots of variety makes it easy for everyone to find something they like. Full dinners too. Ok wine list and excellent bourbon choices. Good service and nice decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful downtown additionPlainTownieDined on 8/22/2014A friend had recommended Tapas a while back and we were feeling adventurous so we went. Our reservation was for late afternoon so we beat the Friday night crowd. We were pleased with the atmosphere and service - very friendly and attentive. My wife is vegetarian and she didn't lack for choices. I had the seafood paella. It was a bit on the dry and spicy side but still delicious. I like the fact that the bar and restaurant areas are on separate floors. By the time we left the dining area had filled up but the noise level was quite tolerable. All in all, an outstanding first experience. I'm a big proponent of downtown nightlife and Tapas is a wonderful addition to the landscape. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Talipot dinnerLFLeeDined on 8/22/2014Tilapia con Patatas y Verdes $9 |$17 Pan fried or grilled tilapia, topped with a zesty lemon butter, served with patatas and roasted vegetables This was perfectly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the RuffBGrizzardDined on 8/17/2014I happen to find this place by accident. One of my techs from dialysis knows i liked to go to different place to try food and she mentioned this place. She said the fish tacos were a delight! It was everything and more than I expected it from this place. I would most definitely refer others to this restaurant for dining and a good timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!NomnomnomDined on 8/9/2014Great food, great drinks, cool decor! The Debutante martini is delish as are all of the dishes we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatPaulaDined on 8/2/2014I've been to Tapas 218 many times for both lunch and dinner and it has always been terrific. Love the concept of small plate eating to be able to try different things and/or mix up your dining experience. Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas catches my taste buds!PiscoJus714Dined on 7/29/2014I really like Tapas because it gives a fresh smooth latin taste to the area, which is growing incredibly young and trendy right now. I have been here twice now and left satisfied each time. The menu is easy to read and fits the part. I know its fairly new and just getting the name put out there, but i hope they start doing feature and special dishes soon! Being a chef and amature foodie, I'm on the look out for "Platos Especiales" every time i go out to eat. I did get the chance to order something I usually dont order for dinner though and it turned out to be very delicious! Honestly i recommend the paella! "Tapas" means "appetizers" in Spanish so keep that in mind when you go there. Good priced food, service and beautiful ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 *Stars*LoverOfGervasiDined on 7/29/2014Great ambiance and food! I highly recommend it! We enjoyed empanadas, flautas, caprese salad, spinach artichoke dip, and tortilla soup, and I don't have a bad thing to say about any of it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so - sojmh1Dined on 7/27/2014This place was better the first time. The empanadas were soggy, soup was delicious and chorizo was dry. Margarita shrimp was good. The coupon was suppose to be worth up to $59 of food. Since the waitress told us we couldn't order the two most expensive entrees there is no way that is the value of the coupon. Also, the waitress said she'd be nice since we had been patient waiting for our food and give a free dessert. It wasn't free, it came with the coupon deal. Maybe Sunday is not the best time to go.Special Features:
- Our service was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2014The food was outstanding , what a great way to try tapasSpecial Features:
- First Time ExperienceAficionadoDined on 7/23/2014We experienced a wonderful, authentic Spanish meal at Tapas 218. We will be back and we will bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ougirlDined on 7/19/2014Excellent food and wonderful evening at Tapas 218.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJJSSDined on 7/12/2014Service and menu were fantastic. A little something for everyone. Reasonable prices and a great bourbon selection. The servers work their tails off and every request was accommodated whether on the menu or not. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusiDined on 7/12/2014What a wonderful restaurant! We will definitely return! The food was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting menusbncantonDined on 7/11/2014Our group of 4 visited Tapas 218 on Friday evening. The restaurant was not crowded, but there were several other tables of people and the lower dining room busy. The menu features a good variety of Spanish inspired dishes. All of the dishes were available in either the small (tapas) size or a larger full size. The prices are very reasonable. My sister-in-law who has celiac was able to eat almost anything on the menu with the exception of an item with a cream sauce and two items with flour tortillas. We all enjoyed our meals. The salads were very fresh. Most items come with potatoes, lemon rice or vegetables. We will be back again.Special Features:
- Didn't feel like CantonARWISEDined on 7/9/2014This place was a gem. The service, the atmosphere and the food were great. I didn't know what to expect from Spanish cuisine but it was amazing. I had the Caprese Salad and the small filet (medium) with lemon rice and potatoes. It was all cooked perfectly and delicious. I highly recomment and can't wait to return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2014Since Tapas opened, my husband and I have been there four times and we absolutely love it. Each time we go, the waitresses seem so excited to help us find items that we will love. The atmosphere is great and all the people are so friendly. I do not drink alcohol so I can not speak to the bar aspect of the restaurant. We know that the owner also owns Basil, which is our absolute favorite restaurant because it has all of these wonderful qualities as well. (My stomach thinks Asian food trumps Spanish food but both restaurants are favorites of ours!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cantons GemCsanders1592Dined on 7/9/2014Tapas features a wonderful array off traditional Spanish tapas meals. There menu is very high end and the taste is worth every sent. I enjoyed the service and appreciated the desert for the birthday celebration. If you haven't been get to Tapas 218 as soon as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great service!TheHillsFromOhioDined on 7/8/2014We had dinner with friends and it was the perfect place! The food was great - plenty to choose from on the menu. Our waitress Melissa was AWESOME!!! The owner even came over and greeted us and made sure throughout the evening that everything was okay! We recommend this place to everyone! TWO WORDS - FRIED OLIVES!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great selection of TapasMarkVIPDined on 7/8/2014They have a great menu and everything we had was excellent with the exception of the Chorizo. I was expecting the Chorizo to be the best thing, but it tasted more like an italian hot sausage than chorizo. I especially liked the Ceviche and the Jalapeño/Goat Cheese/Red Pepper/Anchovy "popper".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!SweetTDined on 7/5/2014Love the food at Tapas 218! The menu is varied and offers choices for even the pickiest eater. The ceviche and the paella are the best I have had! The three times I have dined at Tapas 218 the service has been excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh ingredients!KimmyDined on 7/5/2014Food and Sangria were excellent. Waitress did a good job explaining the tapas options. She also made some great recommendations.Special Features:
- Great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Overall night was 5 stars. Food and drinks where excellent. Staff friendly and welcoming. Highly recommend tapas to anyone I knowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMelissaDined on 6/28/2014Food was awesome-great experience! Groupon was a great deal. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Book/Dinner club groupbookclubdinersDined on 6/13/2014Our group found Tapas 218 to be a perfect spot. Comfortable seating, great food, good selection of drinks. We shared the Tapas selections among us and all loved the food.Special Features:
- luv2dineDined on 6/4/2014Delicious entrees! We tried the fried olives, spinach artichoke dip, bruschetta, house salad and scallops dinner. Dessert was flan and churro which were excellent. The server suggested the churro--the flan was better! Everything was very fresh--house salad was impressive--fresh greens, goat cheese and homemade vinaigrette! My only suggestion is they could have done more to make an anniversary special. A drink, appetizer or dessert...just a little SOMETHING. We let them know in advance it was our first time dining there and our anniversary. It would have been a nice gesture as well as leaving a great impression on a new customer. Hopefully, they will use this suggestion as they attempt to attract loyal customers and friends. :)Special Features:
- Deliciousjmh1Dined on 6/4/2014I thought the food was very good. The Paella had just the right level of heat and spice. The appetizers were a good portion to share and the res leches cake melted in your mouth/Special Features:
- Weird location but worth it.MikeyDined on 5/30/2014Food was great. Friday night (not first Friday) wasn't crowded. Excellent foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedJeffDined on 5/30/2014First the food was good, well prepared, nicely plated and flavorful. I very impressed with the Bourbon selection - nearly 40 different varieties. The atmosphere was nice and fairly quiet, but there were not many people seated near us. I was disappointed with the scallpop and empanadas tapas. The menu said there were would be two scallops, and there were two pieces of toast with small slivers of scallop on them. Both pieces might have made one scallop. A bay scallop at that. Tasty but small. The empanadas were, because of the sauce they were served with, fairly soggy. And the filling was ground very fine. I doubt we'll return for dinner by ourselves but would probably recommend with a group where we were all ordering off the tapas menu.Special Features:
- The following 31 reviews are from the Tapas 218 reviews archive.
- EjackbariDined on 5/24/2014My family and I were looking for a new place to have dinner. We have eaten tapas in other cities before and enjoyed it so we decided to try Tapas 218. We were not disappointed. Everything from the server the wine list and the menu was outstanding. Our server was very helpful and courteous explaining the entire drink and food menu. We tried many small plates of a lot of selections from the menu and came away feeling satisfied. Good drinks, great food and outstanding desserts. We will be back soon and often with other friends and relatives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner at Tapas 218ougirlDined on 5/16/2014Had a great evening at Tapas 218. The food was delicious and our server gave excellent suggestions. I'll look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved everythingFoodjunkieDined on 5/15/2014We very rarely get to have girls night. We made a reservation just in case, but it wasn't busy and our table was roomy for 6, which doesn't always happen. Service was fantastic. We were even pains and asked for special martinis even though they had no martini list, and the waitress carried all 6 full martinis up the stairs from their amazing bar in the lower level. We all got different tapas and a few entrees to share and I can honestly say there wasn't one thing I didn't like.The Churros desserts were mouthwatering! The music sounded fabulous and the environment was very classy. The only negative thing I would say is that there was no sign outside or at the entrance telling you it was Tapas so it was slightly difficult to find.I'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas 218 is uniquePed1Dined on 5/14/2014Great ambiance with outstanding food and service. Something different in the area which is just what we needed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not thrillingAnonymousDined on 5/11/2014The food was adequate, but not great. The potatoes were very good. The rest- salad, french toast, bruschetta- was average, at best. It was more or less what you could get at any greasy spoon/lounge-style restaurant without the pretension. Most of the food was very salty. I do not recommend asking the bartenders about drinks; their choice in whiskeys was fairly poor. I've been twice with others who have had rave reviews about the scallops. Overall, nothing regrettable, but after two tries, I wouldn't go back. There is cheaper food and bars around which are just as good.
- Foodies Rejoice!SoFatSoHappy1Dined on 5/10/2014If you're a Foodie in the Akron-Canton area you should rejoice in the awesomeness that is Tapas 218! There aren't very many places we can go and enjoy everything we taste. In the case of Tapas 218 we did just that! We will see you there soon. Great service, price and most importantly FLAVOR!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new placePamsboyDined on 5/7/2014Great place to relax and have a few glasses of wine with friends. Good was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceOneHappyNanaDined on 5/4/2014The absolutely PERFECT Sunday brunch! Seven of us, age range 6-69, had divine food, perfect service and immediately made reservations to return! We plan to make this a regular occurrence! It is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.