18818 Cox Street
Saratoga, CA 95070Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://tapaolerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4083791677
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Latin / Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Tapa Ole
Tapaole’s menu offers a unique take on traditional Spanish cuisine, complemented by a classic wine, sangria, and a spectacular array of beverages. The exhilarating atmosphere and quality of service will never be compromised. Our staff will be delighted to assist you with our menu if you’re not familiar with the tapas-style of dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Tapa Ole - Best Restaurants in Saratoga ›
Tapa Ole reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)fit for foodies (11)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (8)good for groups (6)special occasion (4)hot spot (4)notable wine list (3)romantic (2)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Cool new placeCarolCVIPDined on 9/21/2014It's in an unassuming strip center, but very cute inside and the food is great. Paella and tapas were on our menu and we loved it all. Sherried mushrooms were delicious, so was the omelet tapas. We went pre-theatre and the small plates were just enough to keep us happy. The owner came over and introduced himself. We are definitely planning a return visit soon with other friends. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Hidden Neighborhood gemNatalyaSVIPDined on 9/20/2014While trying to find a place for family dinner I randomly came across Tapa Ole. We gave it a try and as usual OpenTable recommendation was right on! Small place, very busy but served us well with great food and courteous service. I agree with somebody's else comment that even you have a reservation, it is recommended to arrive 10 min early, especially if you book during the weekend. Lack of coffee drinks at the end of the meal was the only drawback.Special Features:
- Not greatLindyDined on 9/20/2014We had a reservation at 7:15 along with another couple who were still waiting for two people in their party. Even though our party of four was all present, the host sat the other couple and left the four of us to wait outside for 20 minutes while the couple inside was still waiting for their friends. The waiter told us he would give us 50% off a pitcher of sangria only to come back later and say the owner said no. Instead we were comped a tiny bowl of olives. The tapas we ordered were good but the paella was not great. Tasted tinny and and the seafood didn't seem very fresh. Odd flavor. We also had to ask 6 times for more bread! The atmosphere inside is very nice. Wish the service and the food had been better!
- Neighborhood SurpriseHostDined on 9/12/2014Tapa Ole had the atmosphere of a neighborhood restaurant, but the tapas were first rate, served piping hot (when appropriate) and very tasty. With a theater deadline, we did not try the paella, but that is in our plan for a future visit.Special Features:
- A lovely adventurous mealEdieDVIPDined on 8/24/2014We stopped here for tapas before heading to a concert at the Mountain Winery. We dined early, so service was good, and the food was paced well. The Sangria is really good, just like everyone says. We also really liked the San Fermin (beef stew) - the meat was very tender and had great flavor, and the Te'Moruno (kebabs), enough that we ordered them both twice. We also discovered that we like Iberico Ham. We had tripe for the first time, and tried the chickpeas. Both were good. The Marismina (shrimp croquettes) was creamy in the center - which my hubby wasn't into, but I was fine with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but questionable valuehungergamesVIPDined on 8/23/2014This is the first time I've complained about portion size in an OpenTable review, but Tapa Ole seemed to have scrimped slightly (or more) on every item we ordered. The oxtail entree was very flavorful but it was much smaller than the bed of potatoes on which it was placed, making it seem more like a sauce than a meaty main dish. The calamari and chicken skewer tapas were also unusually small and the charcuterie plate, although tasty, was too meager for its $25 price tag. The fixed cost of Saratoga store rent and compensation for the (very attentive) servers is a given, but it seems penny wise and pound foolish to short-change one's customers this way. Add an extra $ to the price of each item to allow for a proper portion size!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's All Goodwineanddine62VIPDined on 8/14/2014My wife and I decided to dine here after reading reviews on Open Table. Tapas Ole did not disappoint. Being it was our first time we asked are very personable waiter for suggestions. Starting right out the gate with the bread which was served warm the rest of night built onto that moment. We started with shrimp croquettes which were perfect. We ended with the ox tail (no bones) and capped the night with the flan. The flan was rather heavy and one order for two diners is sufficient. Finally, the Sangria was the best we have ever had so you must try the Sangria. We had the red Sangria.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014Excellent small plates and paella. Warm, engaging servers who make good recommendations!Special Features:
- Welcome to the neighborhoodLisawskiVIPDined on 8/9/2014Nice change of pace. It's in a funky location but worth it. Service was great. Everyone was very attentive. They also had a lot of employees for such a small place. Take a few friends and give it a try! We had 6 or so tapas and they were all tasty. I also had a delicious salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty, Fun & Exciting...plan ahead!ShockVIPDined on 8/6/2014My spouse said the dishes were authentic to Spain. I have never had the pleasure, but I know that Tapa Ole's food was tasty. A good selection of tapas and paella along with some meats and cheeses. I liked the Andalusian style chick peas. Small all-Spanish wine list, but its all you need. The night we dined they had a Flamenco show with an upcharge. The show charge came with a glass of wine or sangria. In this respect...very authentic European! And a lively crowd for the two shows. Tip for OpenTable users -- They haven't figured out how to integrate it all yet, we saw on OT lots of reservations available, made one, left the house and got to the restaurant to find it packed and a 30 minute wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tapas joint.SolDelSurDined on 8/3/2014I have been looking for a great tapas place on the peninsula for some time and finally found it! Tapas Ole had amazing food (notably the shrimp croquettes and fried adobo fish were my favorite) and the service was spot on- attentive and friendly. Although the space was small, I enjoyed the cozy feel, artsy decor, and warm, intimate vibe. They have 3 types of sangria, we tried 2 of 3 which were both addictive. The wine and beer list were short but sweet- the several kinds we had paired nicely with the flavors of our meal. All around a great place to dine and socialize without breaking the bank.Special Features:
- Guillermo/ William/ Memo rocks!bibliOZODined on 8/2/2014Our night was made by the excellent service. The food was editable but bland.Special Features:
- Excellent, flavorful tapas!CarpeDiemVIPDined on 7/21/2014Hidden away in an upscale suburban Saratoga mall is this new unpretentious tapas restaurant open daily from 11 am for early lunch all the way through dinnertime. I have had many different dishes, both in the restaurant and for take-out, and they do not disappoint. My favorites are the tripe soup, blood sausage, iberico ham choices, shrimp croquettes, and oxtail. Personnel are friendly. There is a small outdoor seating area. Wine list is limited to sangria and Spanish options.Special Features:
- DineInSpainDined on 7/19/2014Authentic food, great and fast service, lovely and casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply fun.jbirdDined on 7/15/2014This place is fantastic, hidden away in a Saratoga shopping center. Tapas are fun – you should get the sangria then order 3-4 tapas per person.Special Features:
- MehHonestADined on 7/5/2014Food was okay, but it is a small restaurant in a random strip mall not near any other restaurants or bars. It was decently crowded on a Saturday night with a mix of groups (I.e mostly groups of 2 but some 4 and a 6). I saw only one outside table that seated 2 which seemed very random. Minimal ambience (though they were playing some music a bit on the loud side) and service was slow which I found perplexing given the restaurant's small size. Clearly they needed an additional wait person. We even had to remind our waitress that we had not received some of the tapas we ordered. She seemed overwhelmed. The sangria was good. Water refills were regular.
- Great for date night!LALakerFanDined on 7/3/2014This was our second date night at TapaOle and will most certainly not be our last. The Paella is wonderful and they have a nice selection of Tapas that do not disappoint. You must order the Sangria as it's among the very best we've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tapas PlaceMikeVIPDined on 6/27/2014Authentic Spanish Tapas and Delicious! Affordable wine list, large portions, and excellent service.Special Features:
- Excellent service, food, atmosphereGFINowVIPDined on 6/25/2014I have traveled quite a bit in Spain so I was excited to try Tapaole. I was not disappointed. With a new place, I like to have the chef and waiter select what we will eat so they can present their best offerings. I give them a budget and we await our surprise. It's great fun and we usual get more than we would have on our own. The Paella was perfect and the ham croquettes were addicting. I would return again and again. The sangria was a little watered down however.Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Tapa Ole reviews archive.