1180 Peachtree St
Atlanta, GA 30309Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tapat1180.com/
- Phone: 4043472220x
- Hours of Operation:
Hours: Lunch Monday - Friday 11 am - 4 pm
Brunch Saturday & Sunday 10 am - 3 pm
Dinner Sunday 4-10 pm
Dinner Monday 5 pm - 10 pm
Dinner Tuesday - Thursday 5 pm - 11 pm
Dinner Friday 5 pm - 12 am
Dinner Saturday 4pm- 12 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Adrian Villarreal
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We offer team trivia every Tuesday at 8 p.m. First place receives a $50 bar tab as well as prizes for 2nd & 3rd place.
- Special Events: We offer a private dining area that seats up to 60 people on our beautiful 2nd floor overlooking Peachtree Street. Ask for a manager to receive more details.
- Cross Street: 14th Street
- Public Transit: We are 1 1/2 blocks down from the Arts Center Marta Station.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Garage Nearby or complimentary valet. You can dine and park for free and then simply walk to make your show at the ASO, Woodruff Arts Center,or the 14th Street Playhouse.
A word from TAP
Recognized as “Atlanta’s Best Gastropub” by Atlanta Magazine, TAP is a standout spot for seasonally-driven, innovative comfort food. An extensive international beer list and innovative barrel wine program makes TAP “a convivial place to have a pint” night after night.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
TAP reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (22)great for lunch (15)neighborhood gem (11)vibrant bar scene (11)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (10)hot spot (9)great for brunch (8)scenic view (7)late-night find (6)notable wine list (3)romantic (2)special occasion (1)Show More
- Go for brunch not dinnerKspecialDined on 9/6/2014Love this place for brunch so took hubby to birthday dinner. The chairs at the bar and on the high top we sat at are very uncomfortable/awkward. No place to put purses or sweaters for the ladies. Our server was very nice, but kind of inattentive. The restaurant wasn't very busy so not sure what was going on there. We had eaten apps and waited a good 20 minutes before we could flag her down to ask her if we could order dinner. She never stayed put in one place long enough for us to order more drinks etc. Apparently the chef likes to over spice food so when it says spicy, it means burn tastebuds off tongue. One friend left his whole plate untouched-the dish he ordered wasn't labeled spicy on menu. Go for brunch. Fried pickles are delish!Special Features:
- Great Beer. Mediocre food.cjlayer30Dined on 8/29/2014Beer list was extensive, as expected. Waitress was knowledgeable on beer selections, but was inattentive. Food was reasonably priced, but nothing special.Special Features:
- Not Great, Not HorribleVonnieDined on 8/28/2014My husband and I went to TAP late on a Thursday night. The calamari appetizer was greasy and badly in need of salt. I had the butcher steak which was fine nothing spectacular, my husbands pork shank, however was spectacular! The drinks were extremely small, over priced and lackluster. I expect there to at least be fresh muddled fruit in drinks at that size and price point. The layout of the restaurant is awkward especially the location of the restrooms. Overall it was fine not great not horrible.
- What HappenedsweettalkerDined on 8/24/2014This used to be a great gastropub, but yesterday was not good at all. I waited 5 mins for the valet to show up to get my car. We waited another 10 mins inside for someone to greet us. (No hostess was available). It took the server almost all night for her to become some what friendly. And the food less than desirable.Special Features:
- Loud and averageATLNativeDined on 7/28/2014In spite of tables too close together, we managed to have an acceptable business lunch. Service is inattentive and offhand. The patio will be a reason to go back once the temperature plummets under 90.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerguyVIPDined on 7/26/2014Fun place for a drink after work, but they need to work on the menu. Pretty lean on the options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disapointedJonesatlDined on 7/12/2014Been here 2 or 3 times. Always like it. INCREDIBLE beer selection, always new stuff to try. Food is very good. Overall I'll come back once a year or so. Always fun.Special Features:
- Very accommodating!LisaVIPDined on 7/11/2014We were late due to Friday traffic and they worked with us and were able to seat us quickly once we were ready! And the place was packed! We definitely appreciate that!Special Features:
- Poor service at check-in.AnonymousDined on 7/1/2014When I arrived for a noon reservation, I asked that they send my lunch companion to the table upon arrival. I was seated at the far end of the first floor and couldn't see new arrivals. After 20 or so minutes, my friend found me at the table and said that she had been seated upstairs since @ noon. She had left clear instructions upon arrival including our names and to please direct me to the table. There was NO communication among servers and hostesses (if there was a designated hostess). Also, we had to ask for ice tea three times before it arrived. Food was great, however, and it arrived promptly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy Lunch SpotIHeartFoodVIPDined on 6/18/2014Great food, fast service. Outdoor dining with fantastic views of Midtown.Special Features:
- A wonderful surprisepalsandfoodiesDined on 6/15/2014We had no idea what to expect from Tap; but it was outstanding. A wonderful selection of beers, especially impressed with the selection of drafts. The food was delicious. We tried a variety of items, and everything was seasoned perfectly - so many great flavors. Especially impressive: the fried pickles (made with sweet pickles) and served with a jalapeno dip; the braised pork shank - so tender and flavorful; the jalapeno mac & cheese - the absolute best ever! Our server was very helpful and friendly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014The food was very good...while the menu was limited it was diverse. We had no trouble finding something to suit us from the choices available. I had the gnudi and it was outstanding! I especially loved the limas and peas that were served with it. If you are looking for a no meat meal this is a winner! My husband had the fish and chips and, although it was a little bready, it was cooked properly and was very flavorful. We enjoyed sitting outside on the patio. The weather was perfect!Special Features:
- Poor service & Quality.PityDined on 6/6/2014Pity. Poor service on top of blan, high priced food. Disappointing. Ashame for location.
- unfortunate slidetroymogaVIPDined on 5/25/2014tap used to be a great place to get a craft beer and a decent meal on one of the best patios in midtown. now its just very mediocre. the one shining star is the food, and still the patio, but everything else is a hot mess. before we ordered anything, we were told that half the taps were down, at the beer place. then, we ordered salads and an entree each, both showed up at the same time. we turned away the entree only to be later served the same food that was under a heat lamp for 10-15 minutes. bad form all the way around. this used to be a great place, but unfortunately the great food and patio can't save it.
- Dinner before ASOPdiddyDined on 5/23/2014My wife and I love eating here before ushering at the ASO. Brandy and her staff are outstanding. Will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 458 reviews are from the TAP reviews archive.
- EhLaurenDined on 5/16/2014I found the food to be so-so and the waitress forgot our appetizer, but was pretty nice overall. I was unimpressed with the food the first time i went also so I would probably just recommend this restaurant for the beer selection.Special Features:
- its okearlheartbreakDined on 5/11/2014If your starving I dont recomend this place also its priceySpecial Features:
- paaskyDined on 5/11/2014Easy casual restaurant with nice service. Nice service!Special Features:
- Walk to ASOPro2bugDined on 5/8/2014Dinner and then ASO. Watch the sidewalk midtown crowd. Boullabasse or Burger? what a menu!!Special Features:
- Burger Shocked UsmgmcdevVIPDined on 5/4/2014Solid gastro pub in midtown. We sat outside and did not mind the traffic going by, but some might. The patio is not right no peachtree, it is situated a bit further back. Their burger was amazing. When it was delivered to the table next to us, I almost did not order it because of how understated it looked. What a mistake that would have been, it was amazing and one of the best I have had in the city.Special Features:
- Awesome Burgers!CheckoutATownDined on 4/26/2014We found TAP on line and it was close to the Alliance theater we were going to so we thought we would give it a try. Service was great, Food was awesome and the Beer was ICE COLD. I will definitely be back. Thanks !Special Features:
- Brunch could be improvedBruncherDined on 4/20/2014We did an Easter brunch at TAP. We chose it because it was the only space available at 11AM that wasn't already reserved, which is understandable now. We've been to TAP before for dinner and drinks and it's great - this review is particular to brunch. The service was good, interior was excellent, and overall the "experience" was good - but the food was lacking. In Atlanta, Brunch is an art. TAP could improve here. The scrambled eggs were much less impressive than I can make at home. The Tuna and Kale salad was not good - in fact the greens were not kale at all. The biscuits were fine but not great. The huevos rancheros were the best part of the meal. Brunch in ATL is too good elsewhere for a return trip to TAP.
- It is close to the High and ASOAtlantalocalDined on 3/27/2014The service here was good and friendly - food was just OK - not bad - but nothing exceptional. We were seated on the highest level which was quite warm as it seems the heat concentrated here. It is close to several downtown attractions which makes it an easy walk. I will probably eat here again when in the area but will not be a destimation for dining - OK for beer and drinks.
- Great brunch spotjmac610Dined on 3/22/2014The monkey bread was so good along with the Southern Benedict. Great outdoor seating for a perfect brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- St. Patty's BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2014We went to TAP for Brunch the day of the St. Patrick's day parade. Even though we showed up 15 minutes late (traffic) and it was absolute craziness due to the parade, we still got a great table and excellent service. The food was good, the drinks were good, the service was good. We requested outdoor seating so we could watch the parade, but were late and probably one of a million people making that request so the host did his best and got us a window seat, then opened the window/door and basically got us exactly what we wanted. Only negative - the bathrooms. Though they are super cute, why must there be only 2 stalls in the bathroom of a restaurant that probably seats 200?Special Features:
- I'm tryingmprofantVIPDined on 3/8/2014I really am trying -- I did like my meal, but I didn't love it! But the rest of the table has a great experience. Definitely will go back - - and possibly sit outside. Inside is good too! I don't think it's too kid friendly - - but we survived.
- Tap?BootsyDined on 3/6/2014Made us sit in restaurant Siberia....upstairs. Kitchen is up there too. Odd because restaurant wasn't crowded. Didn't ask for another table, because didn't want to stress my date. Took 12-15 mins for apps. Really? I COULD SEE THE KITCHEN. They weren't slammed. Apps should be more like 7mins. Food was not seasoned and greasy. Oil temp too low. Entrees were OK. Not bad. Not great. Above average.Again, needed more seasoning..Fish was well cooked and Lamb Ragu in the pasta was well cooked. Service was good. Attentive but not too overbearing Knew the menu. They gave him too many tables (a ten top AND all of us by himself?) Was great about getting us in and out due to our symphony tickets. Overall? Didn't expect too much. Didn't disappoint.
- New Menu DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/25/2014I planned on going to TAP for my birthday in late February several weeks ahead. I hadn't been there since the summer, so I checked the menu onlinew to make sure the vegetarian and vegan options that the restaurant's main appeal for me were still being served. Ten minutes before leaving to meet my family for my dinner reservation, I checked the menu one last time, just in case there were any last-minute changes, which to my relief, there were none. Upon arrival at my table, I opened the menu and immediately noticed all the changes. The waiter informed me that the menu was changed that very day, and nothing from the old menu was avaliable upon request. The waiter explained that there was a new chef and the menu had not yet been chaned onlineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/24/2014They recently combined and whittled down the "sandwich" menu with the more expensive dinner options on the menu, resulting in few vegetarian options and a lot of overpriced food.Special Features:
- too muchPQuizDined on 2/22/2014We had a bad service experience, food was fine. Will not return, the manager actually came over and said "17 minutes from when you sat down, from your Open Table reservation" all down hill from there.
- Monday Trivia Night is GreatDRobinsonVIPDined on 2/17/2014Had a great experience for dinner. Happened to be trivia night. Had a great time. Will definitely return for the awesome Crispy Duck Wings and Trivia night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but a limited menuQuentinDined on 2/15/2014Good food, but a limited menu with intriguing things to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a small and concentratedpolunin0214Dined on 2/15/2014Had a small and concentrated Valentine's menu, if you wanted to order from it. Knowledgeable waitstaff and good drinks as well as great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- valentines mehOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Went for valentines day with my lady, didn't get silverware or water until 45 minutes in. Wanted to re-order some desert after getting the bill but service didn't come back to our table. Food was alright, except the salsa + chips felt really out of place like from some suburban living room football party. Beer + cocktail list was fine, probably better to treat this place as a bar than a restaurant.Special Features:
- Great casual grubOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014Have been here several times when visiting town. Decent food; a certain notch above bar food but not quite to the gastro level. The burgers hit the mark, the flank steak flavorful but the accompaniments are unoriginal and mediocre. Great on tap beer selection and a nice vibe topped off by servers with a great attitude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Basic BarOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Pedestrian wine list. Better for beer. Very good main courses and specials--some creativity, and delicious. Lots of greasy food available. Very friendly staff.I would recommend this to a friend.
- What I expected.BrandDined on 2/4/2014Very convenient. Good Apps. Good Burger. Adequate Service. Easy Valet Parking. Dessert menu needs work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-show conveniencecriticalfacultyDined on 1/25/2014Limited, pub-food menu, fairly interesting selection of draft beers, useful spot for pre-concert / theatre dinner when going to the Woodruff Arts. Service is swift so you can be out in 45 minutes or less. Prices are pretty reasonable. Busy vibe is kinda fun but noise level is not easy for relaxed conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- late Sunday afternoon dining'sFunFindDined on 1/19/2014perfect location within easy walking distance to Alliance Theater. Great Food - simple menu. This is my 5th time within 6 months to eat here. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great, Service OK.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/16/2014We had made a reservation and arrived on time. We were seated immediately and sat, and sat, and sat. After almost 15 minutes no one had even approached our table. I had to flag down a server and ask if anyone was assigned to our table. This server took our drink order and then a second server (not the one we had originally been told was our server, but never appeared) waited on us. Once he took over everything went smoothly. Our food was delicious and served in a very timely manner. From that point we enjoyed everything. The restaurant has a very active bar and it was very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.